Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 12:54:50 PM

We had two votings about the logo, the community decided. Another poll now will feel like make fun on them...
IMHO unserious and useless but if you really want to go that way, do it. You'll have a super-amazing-mind-blowing logo and community laughin at you. Good decision.
The community has already moved forward, so it makes sense to see what they come up with, without prejudging.
Ok, so lets change the amount of coins again please, can we do a poll? I vote for 2187. Thats my birthdate and brings luck. Sorry to be that sarcastic but i only read ONE message in the official forum to change the logo again. I don't see more than 5-8 people here who want to change the current one. Please define community to me. This is an unreleased coin, 3 times the logo has changed. New website released a few days ago. People screaming about launch. Trust me THIS isn't helpful to the image of NEM. I just don't see a clear focus all around here.

above Phoenix logo is better than current one.....yes or no ?
no. why? i don't see any connection nem - phoenix... Oo
the rendering is nice and that's the end of the story.

you must be on the wind up.....lol......
however. do the polls, do a possible redesign and let the "community" decide. again.

Hi Zoata, this whole thing started with a community vote of whether to consider a new logo or not.  (I actually voted no) The time to really say no need to think about a new logo was two weeks back before that vote.  Now that people have thought about whether to consider a new logo or not, it still doesn't mean the old one will be voted out.   The only way we will change is if the community votes a new one in over and above the old one. 

Even though I originally voted no in the poll, I listened to other people and have kept my mind open and examined the new logos.  I am really starting to like some of the new ones, but we will just have to wait and see how the poll comes out. 

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:53:54 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 02:04:26 PM by Thingamajig

It is the principle of the national management founded on the Kopny right. Nobody will be able more by nonsense to start comic votes and to take away time from developers from very important work - creation of the perfect decentralized network.

What this guy is saying (Assuming your translation is correct) is again, discussion or votes on the subject of the logo is going to interfere with NEM's development. To reiterate what i said:

No, it won't.

Last time i checked, the dev team is just that, a team, a team of whome have roles to play. Those coding are doing precisely that - coding. They're not here fufilling PR roles (at least not to any massive extent) other people on the team do this for them. There is no harm in discussing and voting. It's part of being a community. Clearly this is not going to hinder the development of NEM.

As someone else said previously; NEM needs to have a professional logo so that it can be marketed right. The technology can only go so far, because average joe cannot comprehend what it can do FOR THEM. Let the marketing speak on behalf of the tech, then the tech will speak on behalf of the crypto.

People are not as savvy as those within the crypto circles, which, in comparison to most markets, is quite a small one dominated by a few big players -- something I hope to see NEM rectify with it's unique distribution. Common opinion of those in the crypto world need to change mentality pretty sharpish, because it's exactly this that holds it back from more widespread adoption.

What i see here is typical impatience from those in cryptoworld because many of them are just eager to jump on these limited markets, attempt to manipulate, then cash out some profits. NEM has made enough progress to show some hope it's not going to go down this road. May as well make the efforts to get the logo right, too.

I'd also like to state that i also voted "No" in changing the logo, up until i saw these professionally rendered alternatives. Now my hearts changed.
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:05:49 PM

Maybe helpful for some of us:

I was looking for a way to get my node published on the nembex site (http://nembex.nem.ninja/#nodes)

The tutorial on how to achieve this is here: https://forum.nemcoin.com/tutorials/configuring-your-network-to-reach-nem%27s-cloud/

yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:08:08 PM

Stop talking about logo. Lets get this Launch date first. Quit digressing ppl. DO NOT BE DISTRACTED.
Talk about launch date, not the freaking logo again, we'll vote on that once we're live.
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:25:27 PM

Stop talking about logo. Lets get this Launch date first. Quit digressing ppl. DO NOT BE DISTRACTED.
Talk about launch date, not the freaking logo again, we'll vote on that once we're live.
Devs are not distracted by the logo at all. Could please at least try to understand that? Cheesy
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:24:11 PM

Devs are not distracted by the logo at all. Could please at least try to understand that? Cheesy

Explain why the logo is sooooooo important right now, why not last month. where were you when people were voting on it before.
Focus on launch or having our mobile app. seriously, going about the logo again just make this whole thing a little bit of a joke.
Once we release the product then yes. But there are other important things like "LAUNCH DATE". Smiley just my thoughts
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:24:22 PM

This one is slick, better than the current one.

Like the logo makes a lot more sense than the ventilator ?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:37:07 PM

Well i have to say i would be OK with this logo, but some of the other examples posted looked terrible!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:13:30 PM

(LOTS OF NICE LOGO IMAGES)

Well i have to say i would be OK with this logo, but some of the other examples posted looked terrible!
Were these done by 99designs?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:17:17 PM

(LOTS OF NICE LOGO IMAGES)

Were these done by 99designs?

IDK, i would have to go back and look

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:46:46 PM

Obvious stall is obvious
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:52:15 PM

Not been following the thread but I saw this and it reminded me of something I was going to ask...

in that case, give a certain amount to anyone who has a nem address in the genesis block. >1700 addresses, the vast vast majority i would think are unique individuals as you would have had to been a modern day Nostradamus to get past all the sock puppet removals. also if you do it by giving the exact same amount to every person in the nem genesis block, it will be a perfectly even wealth distribution. this is assuming its not a for-profit venture.

I asked about the original lists of users previously and I think there were about 2850 in there before any removals/losses etc. The above suggests there are 1700 individuals involved in NEM, presumably based on some analysis. So I wondered why there are 4000 stakes in the distribution?

Is there any step by step 'thing' (post/article/etc) describing how NEM distribution has changed from 2850 > 1700 > 4000? If not, it might be worth doing for transparency.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:16:06 PM

This one is sweet.  Not crazy about the font though.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:15:57 PM

I think at launch a full break down and graphs of stake distribution will help out a lot.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:24:57 AM

We had two votings about the logo, the community decided. Another poll now will feel like make fun on them...
IMHO unserious and useless but if you really want to go that way, do it. You'll have a super-amazing-mind-blowing logo and community laughin at you. Good decision.
The community has already moved forward, so it makes sense to see what they come up with, without prejudging.
Ok, so lets change the amount of coins again please, can we do a poll? I vote for 2187. Thats my birthdate and brings luck. Sorry to be that sarcastic but i only read ONE message in the official forum to change the logo again. I don't see more than 5-8 people here who want to change the current one. Please define community to me. This is an unreleased coin, 3 times the logo has changed. New website released a few days ago. People screaming about launch. Trust me THIS isn't helpful to the image of NEM. I just don't see a clear focus all around here.

above Phoenix logo is better than current one.....yes or no ?
no. why? i don't see any connection nem - phoenix... Oo
the rendering is nice and that's the end of the story.

Phoenix represents rebirth. We are the New Economy Movement. So we are the rebirth of the economy. It's a perfect fit, I think. If someone asked me what that Phoenix logo is, I am confident that I could explain it.

Also, the Phoenix is present in Asia, America, and the Middle East (if not elsewhere as well), so it is a concept that everyone can relate to.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 01:46:15 AM

This Thursday, 2/26, is the last day to redeem your NXT NEMstake asset. Please redeem them!

Also, if you want to be in the NEMESIS block at launch, you need to redeem your BTT account by Thursday.

Redemption guide: https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/updated-redemption-guide/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:01:29 AM

This Thursday, 2/26, is the last day to redeem your NXT NEMstake asset. Please redeem them!

Also, if you want to be in the NEMESIS block at launch, you need to redeem your BTT account by Thursday.

Redemption guide: https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/updated-redemption-guide/

Yes! I will be redeeming mine tonight. The place that I'm in has terrible Internet and the only laptops which can connect to the wifi are the one I'm using right now (an ancient Pentium M) and a netbook I hardly use. So I was able to download the NEM and NXT blockchains last night and also the NEM (standalone) and NXT clients will be redeeming my 0.1 NEMstake.

Just one question though... How many coins are there now? I think there was discussion about changing the total supply a while back but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was. Is the number still 4 billion coins with 1 million per NEMstake?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:07:37 AM

Yes! I will be redeeming mine tonight. The place that I'm in has terrible Internet and the only laptops which can connect to the wifi are the one I'm using right now (an ancient Pentium M) and a netbook I hardly use. So I was able to download the NEM and NXT blockchains last night and also the NEM (standalone) and NXT clients will be redeeming my 0.1 NEMstake.

Just one question though... How many coins are there now? I think there was discussion about changing the total supply a while back but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was. Is the number still 4 billion coins with 1 million per NEMstake?

The NEM currency is comprised of 8,999,999,999 XEM, so each stake is 2,249,999.99975 XEM  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:15:12 AM

The NEM currency is comprised of 8,999,999,999 XEM, so each stake is 2,249,999.99975 XEM  Smiley

Ah, OK thanks. I guess it's kinda cool that I'm getting more NEM coins now. (yes, I know they're worth exactly the same but still. Grin)

Also, any particular reason why it's not just an even 9 billion? What happened to the 1 missing coin?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:19:58 AM

Ah, OK thanks. I guess it's kinda cool that I'm getting more NEM coins now. (yes, I know they're worth exactly the same but still. Grin)

Also, any particular reason why it's not just an even 9 billion? What happened to the 1 missing coin?

The missing coin is to be burnt to commemorate those who couldn't live to see the NEMolution.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: