Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:25:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984157 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:56:28 AM

Good question. There is a 2 stake limit on redeeming NEMstake.

Which is of course ridiculous limit as the stakes were bought on open exchange.. Unless you want to add even more stakes to "development funds" by stealing stakes from users who bought them .   I wonder what will that do Nem credibility?

For once I agree with you. This rule is just obsolete.

It is just that. We won't enforce that rule.

At least that's my understanding.

Then get rid of the rule and make it a level playing field for everyone.
A dev just was on here stating the opposite.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:02:43 AM

Which is of course ridiculous limit as the stakes were bought on open exchange.. Unless you want to add even more stakes to "development funds" by stealing stakes from users who bought them .   I wonder what will that do Nem credibility?

There are advantages and disadvantages to keeping the rule. Right now the market is severely manipulated because there are not many stakes that are for sale. Also, because NEM hasn't launched yet, the price is way lower than it should be. If we take away the 2 stake rule, then one NXT whale could buy up 200 stakes easily, and I am totally against that as it would hurt the egalitarian distribution that we have worked so hard to achieve and also hurt the image of NEM's reasonably fair distribution that we have dedicated so much time to.

Let me just say that there is something going on behind the scenes and, if successful, this will no longer be much of an issue.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:18:00 AM

howi the retiree is back.
As mentioned before, I have limited computer skills and no idea if and how cryptocurrencies work.
But - I was able to buy a Nemstake. I'll become grandfather of twins (end of August) and the Nemstake is for the twins. So I hope, everthing goes fine and I have a nice present for their birth.
Is launch of coins finished until end of August?

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:21:41 AM

patmast3r.

you said you wait for xtester.

xtester came here. he checked list and wait now for you.

did you check "contraband" on your list.

can you now send my token at last.

thank you. i followed all rules for 3 days from jagaur xtester and your rule
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:34:58 AM

patmast3r.

I'm at work now. I will issue this evening.

contraband

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:46:20 AM

patmast3r.

thanks for doing this for me
cryptoknightt

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:47:44 AM

what zone are you in PAT?

Thanks, cause if another person asks I want to tell them to shut it till then
contraband

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:51:10 AM

you can "shut it" you have yours i will bet
cryptoknightt

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:54:02 AM

yes i do but what is the huge emergency now?

If you needed it why don't you have it already?

Whatever this is almost over
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:05:00 AM

yes i do but what is the huge emergency now?

If you needed it why don't you have it already?

Whatever this is almost over

Some people need money sometimes.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:12:46 AM

There are advantages and disadvantages to keeping the rule. Right now the market is severely manipulated because there are not many stakes that are for sale. Also, because NEM hasn't launched yet, the price is way lower than it should be. If we take away the 2 stake rule, then one NXT whale could buy up 200 stakes easily, and I am totally against that as it would hurt the egalitarian distribution that we have worked so hard to achieve and also hurt the image of NEM's reasonably fair distribution that we have dedicated so much time to.

Let me just say that there is something going on behind the scenes and, if successful, this will no longer be much of an issue.

there is no such thing as egalitarian distribution in free market , you are centralising the market with that 2 stake rule ,its complete opposite what decentralised crypto currency should aim for.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:01:25 AM

there is no such thing as egalitarian distribution in free market , you are centralising the market with that 2 stake rule ,its complete opposite what decentralised crypto currency should aim for.

I think you are right that there is no such thing as egalitarian distribution in free market. In other words, egalitarian distribution doesn't exist in free market. But I thought the intent was to have at the onset, egalitarian in distribution for NEM so that everyone gets evenly distributed with NEM stakes?

Of course we won't know what will happen after that with free market coming to play. That's what I understand it to be, i.e., distribute fairly and let the community have a fair go at making it with what's in the wallet thereafter.

shaman2000

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

What a SHIT with NEM price at all?

NEM: New Economy Movement site || Nem on Facebook: || Nem Official moderated BTT Thread: || Nem Official forum:
You still can be a Nem Investor/StakeHolder. Take a look here and stakes are negotiated on NXT asset Exchange here. We are waiting YOU!!!!
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:18:02 AM

I think you are right that there is no such thing as egalitarian distribution in free market. In other words, egalitarian distribution doesn't exist in free market. But I thought the intent was to have at the onset, egalitarian in distribution for NEM so that everyone gets evenly distributed with NEM stakes?

Of course we won't know what will happen after that with free market coming to play. That's what I understand it to be, i.e., distribute fairly and let the community have a fair go at making it with what's in the wallet thereafter.

IMO callin a NXT AE a free market is kind of joke Cheesy In theory it is, but as we know that there are really big whales.  They surely can manipulate prices, so it is more like oligopoly.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:21:14 AM

There's that one Walrus* on the AE who owns like 25 stakes out of 4 billion coins.

* (is it a whale if they only own like 0.006% of NEM?  Like half of one percent is a bit different from the whales we see in every other coin who own 5%-95%)

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:32:50 AM

ipo is long time over ,was well distributed .But when it gets on exchange you cant force people how much to buy or not to buy .26 nemstakes are nothing percentage wise .nem still is most egalitarian coin
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Impossible

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:01:20 AM

ipo is long time over ,was well distributed .But when it gets on exchange you cant force people how much to buy or not to buy .26 nemstakes are nothing percentage wise .nem still is most egalitarian coin

This is so true, in fact this has also happened to other similar occasions. But nem is still a great coin besides the price.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:04:10 AM

I'm not familiar with the other examples other then Community Coin (which I suggested be renamed to Communist Coin due to its' red colouring and the fact they wanted your Facebook for awhile.  if the German Stasi or the Soviet KGB was still around that's what they'ld ask for  Tongue  )

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:12:43 AM

IMO callin a NXT AE a free market is kind of joke Cheesy In theory it is, but as we know that there are really big whales.  They surely can manipulate prices, so it is more like oligopoly.

These big "whales" can buy Nem at any exchange after the launch. Why are you jealous of them? You can't stop them from buying Nem, if they want, even after the launch.  Nxt AE is a free market.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:20:59 AM

There's that one Walrus* on the AE who owns like 25 stakes out of 4 billion coins.

If each stake is 1 million nem,  26 stakes  is 2.6%  is 0.65%

Sorry I was thinking 1 billion nem

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: