Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:41:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984117 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
voidjarhead

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:19:56 PM

Do you really think Chinese don't know about Vpn's? Cmon guys...
About hacked, stolen & lost accounts, really this is getting boring...i start to think this is just some bs to get some free stakes.
Anyway if You lost your account it's your fault. Devs should focus on more important stuff!
How can somebody get a free stake ? The only way right now is to buy one AE as some have.
Vpns do these reside in the country of origin and used to magically bypass enforcement.

How many fringe routers would it take to control internet access to China. 10000 5000 1000 50 or less than 25 that is a question.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:27:04 PM

I think this whole discussion is becoming a huge distraction. We will have another discussion with the dev team and try to come up with a plan or a solution regarding the unclaimed stakes problem.

Let's not get carried away and forget that beta and official launch are pretty close now. Both the dev team and marketing team are working to prepare some good stuff for the launch. As for dumps and other stuff, I think people will get a good idea what NEM is all about once we start delivering.

People should have a year to claim their stakes - after that the NEM gets used for something else.

You guys are doing an amazing job. Can't wait to see what's in store xtester!
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:46:21 PM

People should have a year to claim their stakes...

Are you trying to give patmast3r an embolism?   Cheesy
Cheesy I even disagree with the guy but am starting to feel bad for him.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
vfilchef

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:59:23 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 08:56:39 PM by vfilchef

Dear community,

I would like to point out the following situation:

Some members who have applied to join the New Economic Movement have lost access to their BTT account.

In a few cases, these same people have made contact with the development team with a second (new) account in order to claim their token.

I have come up with a simple system in which these tokens can be reclaimed by the rightful owner without risking the original owner getting scammed.

System:  Grin

The developers assign two types of priorities to the following accounts:

Priority 1 (highest priority): The original (lost) BTT account.

Priority 2 (lowest priority): The new BTT account.

Then, whenever someone claims to have lost access to an account, the developers would have to carefully inspect the case and hand over a so called "temporary token".

If the original owner claims the token from the original account at a later point in time, the developers would have to remove the "temporary token" from the list and blacklist the person who had claimed a "temporary token".

If the original owner is in fact the same person as the one who claimed the "temporary token", the stake has found it's way back to it's owner.

With this simple system, you can help those who are in a bad situation while preventing any scam.

Feedback is welcome!

Your simple system serves thief who made a mirror image of the BTT site and stole many accounts - each ho claim if him account is stolen must prove that the account is stolen by a signed message from NXT or Bitcoin account/address or other acceptable way for developers.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:08:12 PM

Well if the process was somehow automated for the next steps, hopefully no one would get an embolism  Cheesy

It should be much longer than a month or there are going to be some seriously disappointed and angry people in a months time. No one wants that  Cry
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

Well if the process was somehow automated for the next steps, hopefully no one would get an embolism  Cheesy

It should be much longer than a month or there are going to be some seriously disappointed and angry people in a months time. No one wants that  Cry

The New Economy Movement is on its way , we cant be dilly dallying.....!!!!!!!

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:39:21 PM

There are people out there who don't live glued to this forum, and who we are stealing from if we don't give them their share when they decide to check what NEM is up to...
nembit86

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:43:18 PM

There are people out there who don't live glued to this forum, and who we are stealing from if we don't give them their share when they decide to check what NEM is up to...

' when they decide to check' .... I repeat, we cant dilly dally on our way.......

psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:45:44 PM

' when they decide to check' .... I repeat, we cant dilly dally on our way.......

NEM can still launch fine .. stealing from people who have invested money in NEM is wrong.
nembit86

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

NEM can still launch fine .. stealing from people who have invested money in NEM is wrong.

People have not invested fully till they have registered their stake....they may be entitled to a refund if they provide proof of who they are.

psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:58:27 PM

failing to collect something you have purchased does not equal the merchant stealing. if you place a deposit on an item in a shop, the shop will tell you that you have x days or weeks to pay the full amount or you lose the deposit. i dont see the difference. the people who joined this movement did not purchase coins because it was not an ipo. they payed a registration fee to join this movement so its not theft if they fail to be active and in turn lose the right to membership. this redemption of stakes can be considered more of a redemption of membership. if you fail to redeem your membership you lose the benefits of being a member - in this case it just happens that the perk of being a member is getting some nem.

When people paid to buy a NEM stake I don't remember there being a time limit to claim the stake. It is just my opinion but I think we all need to keep grounded and not lose sight of common sense values (such as if someone pays for something it belongs to them). Otherwise what kind of movement are we really creating?
nembit86

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

failing to collect something you have purchased does not equal the merchant stealing. if you place a deposit on an item in a shop, the shop will tell you that you have x days or weeks to pay the full amount or you lose the deposit. i dont see the difference. the people who joined this movement did not purchase coins because it was not an ipo. they payed a registration fee to join this movement so its not theft if they fail to be active and in turn lose the right to membership. this redemption of stakes can be considered more of a redemption of membership. if you fail to redeem your membership you lose the benefits of being a member - in this case it just happens that the perk of being a member is getting some nem.

When people paid to buy a NEM stake I don't remember there being a time limit to claim the stake. It is just my opinion but I think we all need to keep grounded and not lose sight of common sense values (such as if someone pays for something it belongs to them). Otherwise what kind of movement are we really creating?

It was very much established from the outset that this was a call for participation in the Movement. If you dont participate you lose your membership .

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

You keep ignoring the fact that leaving 100s of stakes open forever means that there is good chance someone with access to BTT server will have power to steal these stakes and kill/crash nem completely. How is that crypto?  The fate of unclaimed stakes must be decided before the distribution.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

You keep ignoring the fact that leaving 100s of stakes open forever means that there is good chance someone with access to BTT server will have power to steal these stakes and kill/crash nem completely. How is that crypto?  The fate of unclaimed stakes must be decided before the distribution.

That is the first good argument I have heard for having a time limit on claiming the stakes. One month is still too short we need to give people more time ...

EDIT: Although I don't think there is a good chance that would happen.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 09:06:55 PM

That is the first good argument I have heard for having a time limit on claiming the stakes. One month is still too short we need to give people more time ...

They said they would offer a refund.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Eadeqa

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:11:51 PM

Why don't you think there is a not good chance that will happen? All BTT messages are archived on some hard drive. The BTT owner can already do that, so can everyone with access to that machine, not just now but someday in future one or two year from now.   How are you putting the entire fate of nem in the hands of people you don't know? Why the heck anyone should buy nem when it's fate  is totally insecure with future influx of "billion" nem from unknown people?

I don't care how long you want that wait to continue. Nem should not launch until this issue is settled.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

They said they would offer a refund.

Well that's something, but I'm really surprised at how most people here don't seem to care about those people who may miss the launch of NEM for some reason, and decide to check in later to find out it was all for nothing ... Seems more like how a bank operates lol.
Eadeqa

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:13:46 PM

Well that's something, but I'm really surprised at how most people here don't seem to care about those people who may miss the launch of NEM for some reason, and decide to check in later to find out it was all for nothing ... Seems more like how a bank operates lol.

If you are that worried, even though they have a month of emails and warning, then lets delay the launch to December.

We cannot and should not launch a coin with potential theft of billion coins after the launch.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:14:39 PM

Why don't you think there is a not good chance that will happen? All BTT messages are archived on some hard drive. The BTT owner can already do that, so can everyone with access to that machine, not just now but someday in future one or two year from now.   How are you putting the entire fate of nem in the hands of people you don't know? Why the heck anyone should buy nem when it's fate  is totally insecure with future influx of "billion" nem from unknown people?

I don't care how long you want that wait to continue. Nem should not launch until this issue is settled.

I agree a decision needs to be made.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:15:32 PM

If you are that worried, even though they have a month of emails and warning, then lets delay the launch to December.

We cannot and should not launch a coin with potential theft of billion coins after the launch.

No we can launch and people can claim stakes after launch. Just my opinion.

I don't want to be here in the shitstorm in a months time, when NEM is accused of scamming, people are really, really angry when, if instead they could claim their stake they would be valuable members of NEM community Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: