Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984109 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 05:45:58 AM

Do you really want the number 4 billion?  4 means death in a lot of cultures.

It's true.
Especially in China, 4 is the worst number.
It equals to the 13th Friday in Western.

Edit/I basically agree to investment fund.
But it may have a problem of a lawsuit by stakeholders who did not receive coins in the future when NEM value is incredibly high.
Burning them erases this problem in advance.
Burning them will prevent this probable lawsuit and also result in investment fund increase in the end.(by the scarcity of NEM and high value of each NEM.)

what about 3,999,000,000?  we could just burn one stake, or maybe even burn one NEM, and have it be 3,999,999,999.  I personally would volunteer 1 of my NEM to be burnt pre-Genesis block, just to make Asians happy.  I do know that this is serious.  I once lived in a building with no 4th floor.  Really, the elevator went 1, 2, 3, 5, 6..... People take this seriously. Not exactly the mark of the beast for Christians, but many Asians really don't like 4. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:01:14 AM

Burning them is the cleanest and easiest thing to do.

As my parents told me as a child, "If you all of you can't agree on how to share the extra ice cream then we will take all the ice cream away from everyone and then you all will have none.  Then that will be fair." 

They were right.  It sucks, but it was fair. 

I really hope there can be a better solution. 

Many good ideas have been suggested.  Lots of people are very strongly opinionated. 

Hopefully a dialogue can be made where open and calm minds can persevere and this can be solved wisely.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:28:03 AM

There's been a significant drop in the value of the coin since this discussion opened up.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:31:48 AM

There's been a significant drop in the value of the coin since this discussion opened up.

are you being serious?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:32:41 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 06:45:57 AM by TaunSew

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/market/12465186738101000735
(look at the trade history)

Yeah that's because you just dumped a bunch for 33K NXT when the previous trade was 35K+ trade.  It's just one guy according to the transaction ID.

Don't fall for a manipulator.  They dump below market price and make a post like "LOOK guys", someone needs to buy out this bear manipulator like that BTC bearwhale was bought out.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:38:25 AM

I am coming round to the idea of just destroying the stakes. This will increase the coins per capita, and also increase the development fund from the thousand stakes.

Easiest solution, everything else will be difficult to agree upon.

+1

+1, it isnt ideal but besides the %holding fee idea (where a weekly/monthly fee is applied as a service charge for holding the coins over a dew months) might be the most fair, universally acceptable and positive for the market price, but I'd wait until after launch before deciding on this and put the deadlines in the thread titles, OPs and PMs to people who havent claimed.

So that there's as strong a case for doing whatever's decided and people can't claim they had to wade through tons of posts to know what the deadline was and what was going on.
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:43:59 AM

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/market/12465186738101000735
(look at the trade history)

Yeah that's because you just dumped a bunch for 33K NXT when the previous trade was 35K+ trade.  It's just one guy according to the transaction ID.

Don't fall for a manipulator.  They dump below market price and make a post like "LOOK guys", someone needs to buy out this bear manipulator like that BTC bearwhale was bought out.

Before you throw out baseless accusations and call me a "manipulator", make sure you have your facts straight - I never had or requested a pre-launch AE token. I don't have a stake to sell. I just registered my stake at that ninja page a couple days ago. Ask the devs.

Don't assume I'm the only one worried about where these arguments are going and how they could affect the launch. I've always been happy to see how NEM does well after the launch. Despite my uneasiness about this week's discussion, I'm still hopeful it'll do well and stand out in a market that's sick and tired of scamcoins and mediocre coins.

I just want a smooth launch that's untainted by controversy - I want NEM to remain uniquely clean and maintain its "brand". That's all, so enough with the snide attacks/remarks.
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:45:39 AM

are you being serious?

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/nemstake/
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:49:02 AM

are you being serious?

It's just you doing it.

Well if the NEM community is going full retard bear mode -  can it wait until after Columbus day?  Gotta give us time to get more BTC for cheap NEM

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:53:12 AM

are you being serious?

It's just you doing it.

Well if the NEM community is going full retard bear mode -  can it wait until after Columbus day?  Gotta give us time to get more BTC for cheap NEM

You're trying to shift attention from the legitimate arguments being made against rocking the boat on stake distribution to "manipulators". Well, good luck with that.

Community isn't in "bear" mode - this is an open, free discussion over an issue that matters to a lot of people. And, heated exchanges aside, it looks like it's headed toward a resolution.
starfishi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:56:06 AM

My opinion by stakes expired (no Chinese stakes):

In life we ​​have some time, and everything expires. NEM  put a month to register.

For anarchists:
Whoever wants to be free, go to the spiritual, the circle(infinity), the eternal clock, the sea, the moon (inmortal), the clock without hands. This is the best place to escape the routine. The number 1(god,queen/king) teaches evolution, but now it is invisible.

More respect, love, intelligence, and less war.

good god gracious, i accept all that, but can we stay a bit more technical here, damn !
(Yeah, i swear a lot  Smiley )

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:06:42 AM

When people paid to buy a NEM stake I don't remember there being a time limit to claim the stake. It is just my opinion but I think we all need to keep grounded and not lose sight of common sense values (such as if someone pays for something it belongs to them). Otherwise what kind of movement are we really creating?

You keep ignoring the fact that leaving 100s of stakes open forever means that there is good chance someone with access to BTT server will have power to steal these stakes and kill/crash nem completely. How is that crypto?  The fate of unclaimed stakes must be decided before the distribution.

That is the first good argument I have heard for having a time limit on claiming the stakes. One month is still too short we need to give people more time ...

EDIT: Although I don't think there is a good chance that would happen.

Why don't you think there is a not good chance that will happen? All BTT messages are archived on some hard drive. The BTT owner can already do that, so can everyone with access to that machine, not just now but someday in future one or two year from now.   How are you putting the entire fate of nem in the hands of people you don't know? Why the heck anyone should buy nem when it's fate  is totally insecure with future influx of "billion" nem from unknown people?

I don't care how long you want that wait to continue. Nem should not launch until this issue is settled.

As soon as the db is filled with the information we need, i.e proof id id via token and a nem-address for each stakeholder that token becomes worthless. The portal won't even be online anymore at launch. It's not like the client offers a way to turn any token into NEMs.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:18:07 AM

if it was one of the two i would go with distributing.. im sure 4b was chosen for an economic reason and not just randomly picked out of the air..

The only reason 4 billion was picked was because UP was trying to claim Nem was silver to Nxt gold, just like litecoin was claiming to be silver to bitcoin gold. The total number of litecoins that will come into existence is 4 times the total number of bitcoins that will come into existence, 84 million compared to 21 million.

That is the only reason why there were supposed to be 4 billion nem, according to UP weird logic.

There is absolutely no other reason why there must be 4 billion coins. Lets make every claimed  stake 1 million, plus 25% of for the development, and whatever that total is, make it total number of nem. There is no reason why it must be 4 billion, unless you agree with UP initial logic of Nem being silver to Nxt gold, like litecoin was claiming to be silver to bitcoin.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:23:47 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 08:35:51 AM by patmast3r

To calm this discussion down.
We are discussion the option to redeem stakes longer than we had planed and even after launch but for a fee as solix suggested.
Meaning the longer the people fail to redeem the fewer NEM they get. What they don't get goes into development, marketing and whatnot.
It will not be a year. Are you guys delusional ? I'm sorry i don't mean to be disrespectfull but that's pure insanity. A year ? What value could those people  be to NEM if they only care to check in every year ?

If the team decides to do this then we will, if the decision is made against this solution we will proceed as planned.

On a sidenote, we just reached 910 registered. I hope we can break that 1k barrier this week Smiley

sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:24:04 AM

No a resolution implies a nailed down solution.

What there currently is two consensus camps.

People who were actually here for the past 9 months and regularly contributed to discussion seem to want the same things (such as keeping any unclaimed stakes for an investment asset to help grow the NEM ecosystem for the long term).

Then people who were largely AWOL until 9 days ago who are effectively saying: "gimmie more NEM".  I'm not necessarily against the latter, even spoke out in favor of it in one post, but wouldn't do much for NEM after 3 months..  it's an appeasement..

I feel like you're confusing me with someone else. My original position was to let people keep what they paid for and keep distribution unchanged. In other words, don't rock the boat. But I'm sympathetic (and I think others are to) to arguments that this is a burden to the devs and could lead to other kinds of dumps later, so I'm open to the % service fee idea that gradually works off unclaimed stakes over a few months (which minimises distributional disruption and mitigates market fears of quick, big dumps) and distribute according to some of the fair proposals made. But my #1 choice was always not to rock the boat and take from people what they paid for.

I've said my peace on this and hope the devs do not make a decision that weakens NEM's brand image.
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:30:33 AM

We are discussion the option to redeem stakes longer than we had planed and even after launch but for a fee as solix suggested.
Meaning the longer the people fail to redeem the fewer NEM they get. What they don't get goes into development, marketing and whatnot.
It will not be a year. Are you guys delusional ? I'm sorry i don't mean to be disrespectfull but that's pure insanity. A year ? What value could those people  be to NEM if they only care to check in every year ?

Seems like a good compromise - would also suggest putting the deadline (the deadline before the fee starts being applied) in the title and OP of all NEM threads. Make it as hard as possible for those who don't claim to ever say they were treated unfairly, didn't know and couldn't have known without digging through tons of NEM posts/threads.
patmast3r

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:41:39 AM

Seems like a good compromise - would also suggest putting the deadline (the deadline before the fee starts being applied) in the title and OP of all NEM threads. Make it as hard as possible for those who don't claim to ever say they were treated unfairly, didn't know and couldn't have known without digging through tons of NEM posts/threads.

If it does come to that I'll probably let the spambot loose one more time on all not registered people.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:44:49 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 08:04:32 AM by psybits

patmast3r your idea sounds like an OK compromise. These people who forgot about their stake could bring a lot of value to NEM. Can you imagine the story about the guy who forgot his stake and was a millionaire (or it if was worth 10K + USD)? Just like the really early Bitcoin millionaires who forgot about their coins Smiley We want to make NEM something positive and I believe this includes giving people positive experiences like discovering they are rich from their old, forgotten NEM stake! Personally I would support a year or more - as by my logic if someone has purchased something (a NEM stake) it does belong to them - no matter when they decide to claim it.

I fear a negative backlash when "Joe average" goes to redeem his forgotten NEM stake and discovers he has nothing! Ethically it is wrong. Compare this to the stories of the early Bitcoin adopters who forgot they had some coins stashed away and made hundreds of thousands / millions in fiat. When NEM becomes huge this will bring down a shitstorm upon NEM if old early adopters can't claim their stakes - you have all been warned Wink

If anyone here is worried about early NEM adopters claiming their stakes and "cashing them in" you are showing that you don't believe the NEM ecosystem can handle some sell offs in the future, and therefore don't really believe in the potential of NEM Tongue

EDIT: This is the last I'll say on the topic - but when NEM is huge and all the old early supporters come out to claim their stakes don't blame me when NEM crashes and burns from a public backlash, instead of rising even higher from all the awesome stories of the old adopters who are now NEMilllionares Wink Your thinking is backwards and NEM will suffer because of it.
sdersdf3

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:50:26 AM

If it does come to that I'll probably let the spambot loose one more time on all not registered people.

Yeah - there should definitely be anti-FUD measures in place before/after launch. So what is the specific deadline for these unregistered people?
patmast3r

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:38:01 AM

patmast3r your idea sounds like an OK compromise. These people who forgot about their stake could bring a lot of value to NEM. Can you imagine the story about the guy who forgot his stake and was a millionaire (or it if was worth 10K + USD)? Just like the really early Bitcoin millionaires who forgot about their coins Smiley We want to make NEM something positive and I believe this includes giving people positive experiences like discovering they are rich from their old, forgotten NEM stake! Personally I would support a year or more - as by my logic if someone has purchased something (a NEM stake) it does belong to them - no matter when they decide to claim it.

I fear a negative backlash when "Joe average" goes to redeem his forgotten NEM stake and discovers he has nothing! Ethically it is wrong. Compare this to the stories of the early Bitcoin adopters who forgot they had some coins stashed away and made hundreds of thousands / millions in fiat. When NEM becomes huge this will bring down a shitstorm upon NEM if old early adopters can't claim their stakes - you have all been warned Wink

If anyone here is worried about early NEM adopters claiming their stakes and "cashing them in" you are showing that you don't believe the NEM ecosystem can handle some sell offs in the future, and therefore don't really believe in the potential of NEM Tongue

EDIT: This is the last I'll say on the topic - but when NEM is huge and all the old early supporters come out to claim their stakes don't blame me when NEM crashes and burns from a public backlash, instead of rising even higher from all the awesome stories of the old adopters who are now NEMilllionares Wink Your thinking is backwards and NEM will suffer because of it.

I see where you are coming from but I think you're forgetting that those funds could be used for spreading NEM further or funding great projects. If we go with 1 year they'll just sit there for one year not aiding anyone.

Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: