Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984227 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:53:43 PM

Everyone running a node can check if it's properly supporting the network here: http://chain.nem.ninja/checknis/

If we have a nemesis account (running a public node) we don't need to have that running until Beta is released, correct?

You could have it running right now if you wanted but with alpha. It really doesn't make a difference.

Yes, of course, I just wanted to make sure I'm ready and up and running to help with Beta, since my private key is for beta release only.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 04:17:15 PM

A good point on the forum at the moment about block rewards https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2501.90

Jabo38 and Alkaline reckon that some portion of unclaimed stakes should be put to use rewarding ' harvesting'

I think that this could be important at least in the early stages of NEM development.

What do you think? Anyone not registered on the Forum yet, please do and leave a comment.

The first thing that comes to mind is will block reward increase the value of NEM other than enriching the individual with a few more NEMs?

Is having 10 more NEMs that is worth, say, 0.2cts each better or having NEM that is worth 2cts. each.

I would use the NEMs to develop more applications that will enhance the value of NEM. If we leave NEM as it is, it will never fly. Real money is being poured into Bitcoin projects. Few ever wonder beyond that. If NEM is left alone, it will be like a feather coin reenacted.

What we need is a holistic offering that people cannot help but to use it.

We should spread NEM as much as we can. For this reason it would be better not to reward harvesting people by a separate bonus. The more we can spread NEM, the more people will trust NEM. And you all know that we need trust for our aim to establish a new economy movement.

So we could invest the unclaimed stakes for App-development ( like NEM Wallet, perhaps also some small NEM games like candy-crush, doodle jump combined with chat-function).
App-development like this for example will help to bring NEM into everybody's mind.

Just my 2 cents

Again I agree, I just hope that Nemsters dont get that ' whats the point of harvesting' attitude and was wondering if a portion of unclaimed stakes directed at harvesting in some way would give the network a boost.

The downside of giving money to harvesters is that it just looks like we are giving more NEM to the original stake holders as they will be the most likely to harvest and that this really doesn't actually help the NEM ecosystem, but that isn't exactly how I see it.  

We are giving NEM not to just stakeholders, but to stakeholders that support the network. Generally speaking in life when people give support to a cause the expectation is that they get something out of it.  What we don't want is people supporting the network and getting nothing for it.  Many other coins are having lots of problems supporting their network because not enough people are running nodes.  Bitcoin of course doesn't have this problem because miners are paid well.  But in PoS like systems, no new coins are created and many people aren't motivated to protect the network because time after time the block reward is 0.  We would like to think that all NEMsters will run a node just because it is the right thing to do, but if time after time they get no block reward, many will turn off their nodes. Ultimately people act in visible and measurable self-interest.  Lack of nodes has been the rule with the other PoS like coins and it needs to be avoided in NEM. We need to be the exception.  

My suggestion was to take a very small amount of the unclaimed stakes, like less than 1%, and set it aside for small block rewards.  This would help bootstrap the system.  The rewards themselves probably wouldn't even pay for the electricity that it costs to keep the computer on, so we aren't making the rich richer, but seeing those extra NEM tokens coming in brings an emotional satisfaction that will keep the nodes on.  People will support the network if even small amounts are rewarded because they feel like they are getting something in return.  The small amount of NEMs are visible and measurable.  But if the block reward says 0, then people get emotionally turned off and turn off the nodes as a result.  Few people do things that don't directly benefit themselves.  

In the end, I believe NEM will be awesome and that people will be running nodes and will need no artificially created incentives because there will be real fees going towards the harvesters.  But that is only after we have an economy, but to have an economy, we need a strong network.  A small block reward will help bootstrap the network and therefore bootstrap the economy.  

In the end, what we really need is for NEM to be so awesome people are using it a lot.  But a high volume of transactions won't happen week one because we won't have many third party partners.  Until then, I see a good reason to fake it until we make it.  To me, one of the beautiful things about NEM is that we get to learn from the mistakes of other coins that came before us.  Pretty much all PoS like coins are having problems getting nodes.  We at NEM have the best distribution of any coin, but I am not sure if that alone is enough to beat the lack of node problem.  Something needs to be done.  I do think with our wide distribution and a very small block reward, we could have more nodes than all the other major PoS like coins combined.  

I think being bigger than the rest combined would be a great selling point of NEM.  We have a real chance here to say we have the strongest network and the most confirmed nodes.  I think that being able to say something like that will help to attract investors that will make NEM more awesome, which will then really strengthen the network.

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 04:25:47 PM

A good point on the forum at the moment about block rewards https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2501.90

Jabo38 and Alkaline reckon that some portion of unclaimed stakes should be put to use rewarding ' harvesting'

I think that this could be important at least in the early stages of NEM development.

What do you think? Anyone not registered on the Forum yet, please do and leave a comment.

The first thing that comes to mind is will block reward increase the value of NEM other than enriching the individual with a few more NEMs?

Is having 10 more NEMs that is worth, say, 0.2cts each better or having NEM that is worth 2cts. each.

I would use the NEMs to develop more applications that will enhance the value of NEM. If we leave NEM as it is, it will never fly. Real money is being poured into Bitcoin projects. Few ever wonder beyond that. If NEM is left alone, it will be like a feather coin reenacted.

We should spread NEM as much as we can. For this reason it would be better not to reward harvesting people by a separate bonus. The more we can spread NEM, the more people will trust NEM. And you all know that we need trust for our aim to establish a new economy movement.

So we could invest the unclaimed stakes for App-development ( like NEM Wallet, perhaps also some small NEM games like candy-crush, doodle jump combined with chat-function).
App-development like this for example will help to bring NEM into everybody's mind.

Just my 2 cents

Again I agree, I just hope that Nemsters dont get that ' whats the point of harvesting' attitude and was wondering if a portion of unclaimed stakes directed at harvesting in some way would give the network a boost.

The downside of giving money to harvesters is that it just looks like we are giving more NEM to the original stake holders as they will be the most likely to harvest and that this really doesn't actually help the NEM ecosystem, but that isn't exactly how I see it.  

We are giving NEM not to just stakeholders, but to stakeholders that support the network. Generally speaking in life when people give support to a cause the expectation is that they get something out of it.  What we don't want is people supporting the network and getting nothing for it.  Many other coins are having lots of problems supporting their network because not enough people are running nodes.  Bitcoin of course doesn't have this problem because miners are paid well.  But in PoS like systems, no new coins are created and many people aren't motivated to protect the network because time after time the block reward is 0.  We would like to think that all NEMsters will run a node just because it is the right thing to do, but if time after time they get no block reward, many will turn off their nodes. Ultimately people act in visible and measurable self-interest.  Lack of nodes has been the rule with the other PoS like coins and it needs to be avoided in NEM. We need to be the exception.  

My suggestion was to take a very small amount of the unclaimed stakes, like less than 1%, and set it aside for small block rewards.  This would help bootstrap the system.  The rewards themselves probably wouldn't even pay for the electricity that it costs to keep the computer on, so we aren't making the rich richer, but seeing those extra NEM tokens coming in brings an emotional satisfaction that will keep the nodes on.  People will support the network if even small amounts are rewarded because they feel like they are getting something in return.  The small amount of NEMs are visible and measurable.  But if the block reward says 0, then people get emotionally turned off and turn off the nodes as a result.  Few people do things that don't directly benefit themselves.  

In the end, I believe NEM will be awesome and that people will be running nodes and will need no artificially created incentives because there will be real fees going towards the harvesters.  But that is only after we have an economy, but to have an economy, we need a strong network.  A small block reward will help bootstrap the network and therefore bootstrap the economy.  

In the end, what we really need is for NEM to be so awesome people are using it a lot.  But a high volume of transactions won't happen week one because we won't have many third party partners.  Until then, I see a good reason to fake it until we make it.  To me, one of the beautiful things about NEM is that we get to learn from the mistakes of other coins that came before us.  Pretty much all PoS like coins are having problems getting nodes.  We at NEM have the best distribution of any coin, but I am not sure if that alone is enough to beat the lack of node problem.  Something needs to be done.  I do think with our wide distribution and a very small block reward, we could have more nodes than all the other major PoS like coins combined.  

I think being bigger than the rest combined would be a great selling point of NEM.  We have a real chance here to say we have the strongest network and the most confirmed nodes.  I think that being able to say something like that will help to attract investors that will make NEM more awesome, which will then really strengthen the network.

Do note that a person opening the wallet on a desktop is almost certain to run the nis. That's the beauty vis-a-vis NXT.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:31:13 PM

Just my 2 cents

Do note that a person opening the wallet on a desktop is almost certain to run the nis. That's the beauty vis-a-vis NXT.

I'm fairly sure that's the same with NXT it's just not as obvious. Unless of course your using the online wallet.

msin
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:53:38 PM

Does anyone know NEM marketcap based on Nxt AE Nemstake price?  Is that monitored or posted somewhere?
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

If any of you ever wonder what we are working towards, it's this: to make the lives of ordinary people better.

I just had my credit card number stolen and had to call the card company to get the current card cancelled and to get a new number. Now I don't have a credit card for a week or two and I will probably get fined by the phone company when they have trouble billing me  Cry

If NEM were the default currency of the world, the scammers would have only had my public key. Every time you use a credit card, it is the same as sharing your private key with someone. It's an insane system.

Let's hope NEM can help create a new world economy that isn't based on madness.

Even if does not seem so using credit card == living on debt!
I have never used one and i hope i will never have to!  Cool
Use the plain old cash or NEM to pay the bills and you will be safe! Wink

Yes, everytime you use a credit card, you make everyone poorer because you are creating money.
The problem is, you can't use cash online. That is why we need NEM so badly  Wink

Going into debt does not create money.
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:57:35 PM

Does anyone know NEM marketcap based on Nxt AE Nemstake price?  Is that monitored or posted somewhere?

$ 814.27 per stake (coinmarketcap) times 4000 is $ 3257080

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:09:39 PM

If any of you ever wonder what we are working towards, it's this: to make the lives of ordinary people better.

I just had my credit card number stolen and had to call the card company to get the current card cancelled and to get a new number. Now I don't have a credit card for a week or two and I will probably get fined by the phone company when they have trouble billing me  Cry

If NEM were the default currency of the world, the scammers would have only had my public key. Every time you use a credit card, it is the same as sharing your private key with someone. It's an insane system.

I have never used one and i hope i will never have to!  Cool

Yes, everytime you use a credit card, you make everyone poorer because you are creating money.
The problem is, you can't use cash online. That is why we need NEM so badly  Wink

You are wrong. When you use your credit card you immediately increase the FIAT money supply.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
msin
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:20:34 PM

Thank you.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:59:15 PM

Does anyone know NEM marketcap based on Nxt AE Nemstake price?  Is that monitored or posted somewhere?

Thank you.

Isn't there a total of 1000 NemStakes?  Coinmarketcap lists 775 total Nemstakes for a total market cap of $630,604   The other 225 must be those not yet redeemed so they wouldn't be listed I guess.  At the current value the total marketcap would be 1/4 of  $3,257,080 or $814,000.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: My mistake.  I was going off the total NemStakes offered on the Asset exchange.  My bad.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:04:39 PM

Does anyone know NEM marketcap based on Nxt AE Nemstake price?  Is that monitored or posted somewhere?

Thank you.

Isn't there a total of 1000 NemStakes?  Coinmarketcap lists 775 total Nemstakes for a total market cap of $630,604   The other 225 must be those not yet redeemed so they wouldn't be listed I guess.  At the current value the total marketcap would be 1/4 of  $3,257,080 or $814,000.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Under present market conditions it is established that 1 stake equals 814.27 dollars so multiply that by 4000.
Cmc has different supply amounts to choose from when checking market cap

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:44:26 PM

Nobody has yet to create a thread on the NEM forum about the total number of NEM.  Are we happy with 4 billion?  Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:30:33 PM

Any mobile app in development for our NEM?
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

I just had my credit card number stolen and had to call the card company to get the current card cancelled and to get a new number. Now I don't have a credit card for a week or two and I will probably get fined by the phone company when they have trouble billing me  Cry

I have never used one and i hope i will never have to!  Cool

The problem is, you can't use cash online. That is why we need NEM so badly  Wink

You are wrong. When you use your credit card you immediately increase the FIAT money supply.

It's a bit more nuanced than that; fractional-reserve banking is the culprit, not credit cards.

Either way, if using a credit expands the money supply, paying said credit card off shrinks it back to where it was.

If you keep credit card balances, sure you're living in debt. That sucks. Don't do that. But with just a bit of personal responsibility, they are very convenient for everyday use (identity theft and other risks notwithstanding).
apullman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:26:12 PM

www.coin.ph has a mobile wallet with bank and payment processor integration. Customers can walk into any of over 5,000 retail locations to buy or sell their bitcoins.
www.coindesk.com/new-bitcoin-wallet-app-targets-philippines-remittance-market/
The remittance market of the Philippines ranks number 3rd in the world at $28 billion. http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROSPECTS/Resources/334934-1288990760745/MigrationandDevelopmentBrief23.pdf
We can invite them to add NEM as an option in their wallet. Big potential here.

https://media.coindesk.com/2014/10/Screenshot_2014-10-13-11-03-58.png
https://media.coindesk.com/2014/10/Screenshot_2014-10-13-11-03-27.png
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:53:39 AM

Nobody has yet to create a thread on the NEM forum about the total number of NEM.  Are we happy with 4 billion?  Huh
I seriously doubt there is any point in discussing it.. It's not going to change. If some one doesn't like that their is 4b nem, they can just send one nem to the nemesis account after launch - problem solved

It's very easy to change.

NEM - nem.io
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:33:09 AM

Wink

Nemxtty  Roll Eyes
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:35:43 AM

Not bad Cheesy

I think Nemtastic would be a better name, though  Wink

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:38:50 AM

Not bad Cheesy

I guess "Nemtastic" refers to "fantastic" ?
How about "Nemxtty" ... does it base to some common word or some crypto/wallet word?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:41:09 AM

Not bad Cheesy

I guess "Nemtastic" refers to "fantastic" ?
How about "Nemxtty" ... does it base to some common word or some crypto/wallet word?

NEMxtty refers to https://nextcoin.org/index.php?topic=3732.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: