Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:33:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:56:08 AM

dat 25% spread doe  Shocked

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:11:57 AM

[Poll]
How many NEM coins should be?
Please vote twice, and decide NEM's future for yourself.

1)   https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2531.0
2)   https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2540.0

I closed the first poll as a three way poll isn't that accurate, especially when the first two options were similar enough.

The 100 billion option could be polled on but is anyone actually enthusiastic about it?  As well wasn't the point behind this other people's superstition?   The number 8 is an important number in East Asia.  I'm not sure if the number 10 is considered good anywhere.

I think two options are good enough, but what if someone doesn't want a change?
1st poll is (A) 4 billion  (B) 3,888,888,888  (C) 8 billion
2nd poll is (A) 3,990,000,000(4 billion)  (B) 8,000,000,000(8 billion)
In 1st poll, We have only to read the result as {(A)+(B)} vs (C).
If 1st poll is closed, surely somebody will say "Why there is not the choice of 3,888.......?"

EDIT/ In fact, the ideal poll is (A)4 billion(including 3,999..... and 3,88.....) vs (B) 8 billion.
And if (A) is the winner, then poll again (a) 4 billion (b) 3,999..... (c) 3,888....  
WOW. So Poll, Much Vote Grin  

I think a first pole should be "Do we change the number of units? Yes or No" 

If people say no, it is over.  If people say yes, then we work on the number to change it too.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:19:51 AM

https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

This is the list of people from BTT that have registered.  If your name is on this list, then you registered correctly. 

If you are on AE, you don't have to do anything yet and your name won't be on that list. 

j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:43:47 AM

https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

This is the list of people from BTT that have registered.  If your name is on this list, then you registered correctly. 

If you are on AE, you don't have to do anything yet and your name won't be on that list. 

Thank you very much jabo.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
sampsonm

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:47:28 AM

[Poll]
How many NEM coins should be?
Please vote twice, and decide NEM's future for yourself.

1)   https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2531.0
2)   https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2540.0

Hold the horses, as I suggested earlier, do we actually have a sponsor from the dev team willing to agree this is feasible with the time remaining? Granted I see it as a constant change and a regression test with JUnit, but that is my uninformed assessment.

Secondly, I know TaunSew and others maintain some of the documentation. We okay signing them up for something on short notice like this? I think we'd want a few of them to say "yeah sure we'll do it". I don't know if I have seen that yet either.

Lastly, can we just formalize the position with the regulators on the NEM team that the mechanics stay the same just scaled in proportion? A formal statement on that would be good to avoid a suckerpunch to the the AE prices. If it is changed before it hits an exchange there shouldn't be too much backlash as everyone will still get what they paid for in proportion. I think that statement would need to encompass alt nemo too right? Like cold wallet is 2000 instead of 1000? Not sure what else would be affected.

Given markets are never 100% efficient or subject to emotional influence, is there any chance we actually induce market cap reduction? I think the fact that the NXT AE assets are fixed and not doubling it should spare any sort of shock sell off. I suppose some of that could be tolerated with the understanding it increase long term success, still... but this one would most easily be resolved by the vote of people deciding if they are willing to risk what they put in. I don't see why this would happen, but anything is possible.

It's hard to believe we now are discussing changing the quantity of coins. During the alpha testing, the PoI was adjusted using a base of four billion. If we alter this important number, won't this require further testing?
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 05:11:48 AM

It's important to think about the implications of NEM supply on market cap: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2531.msg6776#msg6776

In short, increasing to 8 billion coins should also increase our market cap by maybe $20 million at first.

This is completely wrong. Market cap will be exactly the same. The supply will double and each nemcoin will be worth half of current price.

Working straight out from the math book, I agree. But I doubt so in reality.  I have given a lengthy discussion on this earlier on in the Nem Forum.

But all these is a matter of conjecture really. Nobody can be absolutely right.
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:47:34 AM

2008 08 08 08?
Do you remember Beijing Olympic Game?
It's opening ceremony was held at 2008 08 08 08 (PM 08Hr August 8th in 2008).
So-called superstition(Love for "8") can even influence on International Event.
Even though you deny superstition, you are influenced by it.
You had to watch the opening ceremony "at night" like the closing ceremony.
It was owing to the special/strong love for "8" of Chinese people.
China is a very big market, especially in crypto currency.
On stock market, if stock code no. include '8' (ex: 132880), it sells well.
Chinese like to cut the price of good in trading, but if the price includes '8', the discount happen less.
Seperately from our like/dislike, we need to pay attention to it only for the maximum growth of NEM coin.
I've heard the special love for '8' came from the similar pronunciation of "8" and "become rich" in Chinese.
I am not Chinese, and my lucky no. is not 8 but 7 like Western people.
But I believe the big power of no. "8".
Let's become rich!   Grin
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:50:45 AM

These two polls are more polling-sampling than an actual vote.   If we wanted an official vote then it would had been like the logo vote, sending a private message and it being recorded on a public list.    Probably a single transferable vote like the Australian and Irish elections, due to the amount of options there can be.

I think it's too late to attempt something like this, given Beta is days off.  As well the poll only indicates marginal majority support for 8 billion.
I don't know if this has to be put to an official vote.  It seems like a lot of work for what could be a trivial detail.  So if it means we can avoid a long troublesome vote then I withdraw my support for 8 billion or any drastic scaling.

The best solution here is probably what we discussed prior to this superstition stuff and one that can't be rounded up to 4 billion.

We do know there is going to be 700-800 unclaimed stakes at this rate.    If we are concerned about people rounding up then the solution is simple:  3.8 billion coins.  Nobody rounds 3.8 up to 4.   They will round up 3.9 or 3.99, but not 3.8.    

3.8. also makes the superstitious people happy as 3 is an important number in both the west (Holy Trinity) and Asia (in Asia it means alive or birth) and 8 is a very important number in China.   so the 3 + 8 together could mean "the beginning of a prosperous new economy movement".

So it seems simple that you could burn 200 stakes, which would make every NEMholder wealthier through deflation, and the remaining unclaimed stakes (as per the newsletter #6) can be put in that investment fund if that is what ends up happening.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
solix

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:53:38 AM

These two polls are more polling-sampling than an actual vote.   If we wanted an official vote then it would had been like the logo vote, sending a private message and it being recorded on a public list.    Probably a single transferable vote like the Australian and Irish elections, due to the amount of options there can be.

I think it's too late to attempt something like this, given Beta is days off.  As well the poll only indicates marginal majority support for 8 billion.
I don't know if this has to be put to an official vote.  It seems like a lot of work for what could be a trivial detail.  So if it means we can avoid a long troublesome vote then I withdraw my support for 8 billion or any drastic scaling.

The best solution here is probably what we discussed prior to this superstition stuff and one that can't be rounded up to 4 billion.

We do know there is going to be 700-800 unclaimed stakes at this rate.    If we are concerned about people rounding up then the solution is simple:  3.8 billion coins.  Nobody rounds 3.8 up to 4.   They will round up 3.9 or 3.99, but not 3.8. 

3.8. also makes the superstitious people happy as 3 is an important number in both the west (Holy Trinity) and Asia (in Asia it means alive or birth, hence birth of a new economy) and 8 is a very important number in China.   so the 3 + 8 together could mean "the beginning of prosperity".

So it seems simple that you could burn 200 stakes, which would make every NEMholder wealthier through deflation, and the remaining unclaimed stakes (as per the newsletter) can be put in that investment fund if that is what ends up happening.

That sounds like a pretty reasonable compromise to me. No fundamental changes to the code base, but the numbers change Smiley. Still need to update the docs less anyone scour and fixate on that anywhere in our literature, heh.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:03:25 AM

These two polls are more polling-sampling than an actual vote.   If we wanted an official vote then it would had been like the logo vote, sending a private message and it being recorded on a public list.    Probably a single transferable vote like the Australian and Irish elections, due to the amount of options there can be.

I think it's too late to attempt something like this, given Beta is days off.  As well the poll only indicates marginal majority support for 8 billion.
I don't know if this has to be put to an official vote.  It seems like a lot of work for what could be a trivial detail.  So if it means we can avoid a long troublesome vote then I withdraw my support for 8 billion or any drastic scaling.

We do know there is going to be 700-800 unclaimed stakes at this rate.    If we are concerned about people rounding up then the solution is simple:  3.8 billion coins.  Nobody rounds 3.8 up to 4.   They will round up 3.9 or 3.99, but not 3.8. 

3.8. also makes the superstitious people happy as 3 is an important number in both the west (Holy Trinity) and Asia (in Asia it means alive or birth, hence birth of a new economy) and 8 is a very important number in China.   so the 3 + 8 together could mean "the beginning of prosperity".

So it seems simple that you could burn 200 stakes, which would make every NEMholder wealthier through deflation, and the remaining unclaimed stakes (as per the newsletter) can be put in that investment fund if that is what ends up happening.

That sounds like a pretty reasonable compromise to me. No fundamental changes to the code base, but the numbers change Smiley. Still need to update the docs less anyone scour and fixate on that anywhere in our literature, heh.

they are reasonable points, annnnnnd my name ends with 38 so I like the combination.  hehehe

nottrulyevil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:10:56 AM

Sounds like a good idea! But how is it to "lose" 200 stakes? Is it worth it?

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:16:27 AM

What was the final decision on unclaimed stakes? If its still undecided I would like to see them burned.

Well? I see that discussion has stopped so I assume a decision has been taken.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:18:41 AM

Some minor changes have been added to the newsletter.

Did anyone read this ?
This thread was filled with the discussion regarding a longer redemption period for a week and now an announcement regarding that doesn't even spark any reaction ?

Let me post the direct link then: https://medium.com/@xtester/extended-redemption-period-d6e7ceaf3a53

TaunSew

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:21:58 AM

That was the best compromise I can think of.     We can ignore the superstition but I think there was a plurality opinion between the polls that is not an advisable route as it could backfire.  I wouldn't want a coin if it had a supply of 666 and I imagine many East Asians may not want a coin with a supply of 4.  We may laugh at these things but it could be a deal breaker.

It was already discussed, back when the issue of unclaimed stakes first arose, about burning X amount.   So burning 200 is a simple thing..

Is it worth it?  We know Gliss and I think to Gliss whether you put 700 into an investment fund or 500 into an investment fund, he would count neither in the available supply on coinmarketcap.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:28:26 AM

These two polls are more polling-sampling than an actual vote.   If we wanted an official vote then it would had been like the logo vote, sending a private message and it being recorded on a public list.    Probably a single transferable vote like the Australian and Irish elections, due to the amount of options there can be.

I think it's too late to attempt something like this, given Beta is days off.  As well the poll only indicates marginal majority support for 8 billion.
I don't know if this has to be put to an official vote.  It seems like a lot of work for what could be a trivial detail.  So if it means we can avoid a long troublesome vote then I withdraw my support for 8 billion or any drastic scaling.

We do know there is going to be 700-800 unclaimed stakes at this rate.    If we are concerned about people rounding up then the solution is simple:  3.8 billion coins.  Nobody rounds 3.8 up to 4.   They will round up 3.9 or 3.99, but not 3.8.    

3.8. also makes the superstitious people happy as 3 is an important number in both the west (Holy Trinity) and Asia (in Asia it means alive or birth) and 8 is a very important number in China.   so the 3 + 8 together could mean "the beginning of a prosperous new economy movement".

So it seems simple that you could burn 200 stakes, which would make every NEMholder wealthier through deflation, and the remaining unclaimed stakes (as per the newsletter #6) can be put in that investment fund if that is what ends up happening.

As far as the software goes, I think it is just a change of a simple constant (though someone else can correct me if I'm wrong). It really just depends on what the community wants. I think there is little downside, but a potential benefit.

But like I said, it depends on what everyone wants Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:29:40 AM

That was the best compromise I can think of.     We can ignore the superstition but I think there was a plurality opinion between the polls that is not an advisable route as it could backfire.  I wouldn't want a coin if it had a supply of 666 and I imagine many East Asians may not want a coin with a supply of 4.  We may laugh at these things but it could be a deal breaker.

It was already discussed, back when the issue of unclaimed stakes first arose, about burning X amount.   So burning 200 is a simple thing..

Is it worth it?  We know Gliss and I think to Gliss whether you put 700 into an investment fund or 500 into an investment fund, he would count neither in the available supply on coinmarketcap.

Does gliss discount the NXT in the community fund? If the money is put into an investment fund, it is to be actively used, so I see no reason why it would not be in the marketcap.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
TaunSew

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:34:22 AM

Does gliss discount the NXT in the community fund? If the money is put into an investment fund, it is to be actively used, so I see no reason why it would not be in the marketcap.

I think if it were to end up somewhere then it would be on the asset page, not on the standard default page which is available supply.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:37:21 AM

I think if it were to end up somewhere then it would be on the asset page, not on the standard default page which is available supply.

The specifics of that will have to be decided of course. One compelling idea is to create a legit, licensed investment fund that is legal. Any lawyers here think that can be done? It'd be great to change the system from within Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:37:27 AM

If the fund would be represented by an asset but I'm not sure that would be the case.

Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:15:12 AM

Will NEM have an Asset Exchange like NXT?

I can't wait to buy some Assets.
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: