Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
Androidicus

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:13:56 PM

So on that note I suggested http://www.discourse.org/ as an option for a forum that we could potentially integrate with the getMarked system.

Well that one (discourse) slipped right under my radar! Nice one..!

Failure is success waiting to happen...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:07:08 PM

Take a look at this and the few posts above it...

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-is-the-most-awesome-plugin-for-discourse-that-does-not-yet-exist/31/195

Symbiosis!

Smiley

Failure is success waiting to happen...
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:28:16 PM

Wow. Haha. Soon!

One other good thing about using this software is if it takes off and becomes the next standard of forum/discussion software online having getMarked as a plugin from the start means that it could eventually become standard everywhere discourse is used. The timing is eerily good right now, with them just releasing v1 and us gearing up to start getMarked.
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 08:53:08 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 10:39:46 PM by coinsolidation

5. Becoming more organized, where people involved have more well defined roles. I do not care who does what, so long as they enjoy what they do and feel empowered to do it more by the project and those around them.

Over the course of the many previous pages of discussion, people have emerged who already do part of each role mentioned, I encourage any one of you to step forward, claim the role, and own it. I will do all I can to ensure that you are fairly rewarded. We also have a foundation which will be well funded, most of that is set aside for the people who claim their own roles over the next few months. It is your foundation not mine.

Note: I will be releasing a Document shortly outlining the role which I have chosen to embrace.

You have set a fine example, consider yourself both supported and welcomed.

There are many roles to fill within the bitmark foundation, and far more creating businesses and services which build on what we are creating.

getMarked Funding Goal: 0.9/8 BTC, with 1.15 BTC pledged. Thank you to all who have donated and invested.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:40:44 AM

Project Bitmark requires that someone hold the role of Project Manager. Managing a Virtual Team comes with its own difficulties; Project Bitmark has an added level of complexity, given that we embrace this project with the knowledge that our work shall come with no monetary compensation, pro tem. I shall embrace the role of an Agile Project Manager. I shall not act in the traditional command and control fashion rather I am a facilitator and a “servant leader” in the sense that I am Not a Technical Expert nor am I the Subject Matter Expert. My role is to keep the project on track, identify risks, and remove impediments to progress.

My tasks include: (These are in line with views documented by Plaster Group - Business and Technology Consulting)
•   Project Governance (Bitmark Community Driven)
•   Status Reporting
•   Identification of missing roles/resources and their resolution/escalation
•   Business stakeholder communication
•   Issue/Risk communication/resolution/escalation – removing blockers
•   Project Planning
•   Change Management
•   Ensuring the team adheres to its processes
•   Resolution/escalation of inadequate work – ensuring Product Owner accountability
•   Removing barriers and shielding the team from external interference
•   Project Finance (Purposely Left Out)

This structure works through the acceptance that we are the Project Bitmark Team, we work better together and can accomplish more than one-person can alone. My Task are your tasks, anyone can step-in and identify requirements necessary to fulfill these tasks. Currently, I am working on the Project Charter, this will be followed by a Stakeholder Analysis (or Stakeholder Management Plan), Communication Plan and Project Schedule. At last count, on this thread, there are over 270 pages (if viewed in 10-12 font) detailing the intricacies of Project Bitmark. Maintaining a cohesive Project Schedule will require the full support of the team.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:27:57 AM

How is progress going for the IPM launch, happening today ?

excited about the increase in network speed this day, closest to 2min block times its been for a few days.

the progress happening with the Bitmark project will be gathering more attention soon it seems. nice ideas for the development of a Getmarked button. real world application is key.  Smiley

anyone wanting to buy some Bitmark, send a personal message ... also, wondering a transparent fair price for starting the distribution of some Bitmark .. any idea current production cost per Bitmark?
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:29:09 AM

plugin that doesn't exist.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:50:45 AM

Marcoman22, the previous page in the thread is a very interesting read and has more details.

tdokta, IPM Launch will be happening tomorrow, I will message you in a moment. As for a BTM production cost the base average at zero profit and on efficient new asics is 0.00010000 per BTM, real production cost has swung between 8k and 20k satoshi.

Medic, welcome aboard. There are a few things I would like to discuss with you before you dive in to the project schedule, I will message you.

To anyone just joining, the previous two pages are very interesting and there are many discussion points.

getMarked Funding Goal: 0.9/8 BTC, with 1.15 BTC pledged. Thank you to all who have donated and invested.

tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:03:15 AM

First BTM sale thread now started in the following link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709400.new#new

A trial; out to the community to find a marketable price to work towards.  Smiley

Have set a start point of 0.1BTC for 500BTM
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:32:48 AM

Project Bitmark requires that someone hold the role of Project Manager. Managing a Virtual Team comes with its own difficulties; Project Bitmark has an added level of complexity, given that we embrace this project with the knowledge that our work shall come with no monetary compensation, pro tem. I shall embrace the role of an Agile Project Manager. I shall not act in the traditional command and control fashion rather I am a facilitator and a “servant leader” in the sense that I am Not a Technical Expert nor am I the Subject Matter Expert. My role is to keep the project on track, identify risks, and remove impediments to progress.

My tasks include: (These are in line with views documented by Plaster Group - Business and Technology Consulting)
•   Project Governance (Bitmark Community Driven)
•   Status Reporting
•   Identification of missing roles/resources and their resolution/escalation
•   Business stakeholder communication
•   Issue/Risk communication/resolution/escalation – removing blockers
•   Project Planning
•   Change Management
•   Ensuring the team adheres to its processes
•   Resolution/escalation of inadequate work – ensuring Product Owner accountability
•   Removing barriers and shielding the team from external interference
•   Project Finance (Purposely Left Out)

This structure works through the acceptance that we are the Project Bitmark Team, we work better together and can accomplish more than one-person can alone. My Task are your tasks, anyone can step-in and identify requirements necessary to fulfill these tasks. Currently, I am working on the Project Charter, this will be followed by a Stakeholder Analysis (or Stakeholder Management Plan), Communication Plan and Project Schedule. At last count, on this thread, there are over 270 pages (if viewed in 10-12 font) detailing the intricacies of Project Bitmark. Maintaining a cohesive Project Schedule will require the full support of the team.

We need people like you. If you would like to help pm dev and me, I will certainly help with marketing and promotion of Bitmark.

testadimerlo

Merit: 263

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:57:06 AM

excited about the increase in network speed this day, closest to 2min block times its been for a few days.

the progress happening with the Bitmark project will be gathering more attention soon it seems. nice ideas for the development of a Getmarked button. real world application is key.  Smiley

anyone wanting to buy some Bitmark, send a personal message ... also, wondering a transparent fair price for starting the distribution of some Bitmark .. any idea current production cost per Bitmark?

i d like to buy some at honest price just for be part of this interesting project. do i pm you?
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:59:49 AM

i d like to buy some at honest price just for be part of this interesting project. do i pm you?

tdokta created an auction thread for 500 BTM here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709400.0

These are the first BTM ever offered for sale.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:07:15 AM

I can sell you some at 20k Satoshis but to be honest it would be better to rent a mining rig for you.

testadimerlo

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:20:22 AM

I can sell you some at 20k Satoshis but to be honest it would be better to rent a mining rig for you.

Indeed I was thinking about it. Thanks guys for your quickly and honest replies
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:21:27 AM

Indeed I was thinking about it. Thanks guys for your quickly and honest replies

Welcome, join our IRC channel for further discussions Smiley #Bitmark on https://freenode.net/

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:31:15 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 10:46:07 AM by coinsolidation

New Wiki Page: Solo Mining

Following multiple queries as to how to set up solo mining, I have finally managed to document Solo Mining on the Wiki.

If there are any questions or clarifications required please ask.

Proving the theory

Part of the rationale behind Bitmark's Block Chain configuration is the notion that more rewards per day will create a healthier network.

I have proved the theory twice myself already, and now I've challenged a small solo miner to help me prove it also.

He has 1.7 MH/s, and is therefore on the edge of luck. By the average network hashrate he should manage marginally over 1 block per day. Since you can only find complete blocks, this means he will get 20 or 40 BTM per day, 1 or 2 blocks. If he mined on a pool he would generate 20-21 BTM each day, by taking this challenge we can prove if solo mining is viable, and if our theory is sound.

The challenge I have set him is to see how lucky he is, he will mine for exactly 24 hours and report back as to how many blocks he finds. I will double whatever rewards he gets for doing this challenge.

getMarked Funding Goal: 0.9/8 BTC, with 1.15 BTC pledged.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 12:10:38 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 12:39:41 PM by coinsolidation

I have created a quick chart which shows the coin supply of Bitmark, Bitcoin, and Litecoin through to 2025

http://bitmark.co/charts/coinsupply.html

testadimerlo

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:07:51 PM

Following multiple queries as to how to set up solo mining, I have finally managed to document Solo Mining on the Wiki.

Proving the theory

Part of the rationale behind Bitmark's Block Chain configuration is the notion that more rewards per day will create a healthier network.

I have proved the theory twice myself already, and now I've challenged a small solo miner to help me prove it also.

He has 1.7 MH/s, and is therefore on the edge of luck. By the average network hashrate he should manage marginally over 1 block per day. Since you can only find complete blocks, this means he will get 20 or 40 BTM per day, 1 or 2 blocks. If he mined on a pool he would generate 20-21 BTM each day, by taking this challenge we can prove if solo mining is viable, and if our theory is sound.

The challenge I have set him is to see how lucky he is, he will mine for exactly 24 hours and report back as to how many blocks he finds. I will double whatever rewards he gets for doing this challenge.

Sorry for my noob question but I m not tech astute. Does it mean that if I rent a rig I would have more or less 20-21 BTM each day, right ( it mines only in the pool)?
I was watching at nicehash but if someone would suggest me a better service for rent a rig it will be appreciated ( and a pool with the related port, I don't see it in the OP)

thanks again
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:19:03 PM

Sorry for my noob question but I m not tech astute. Does it mean that if I rent a rig I would have more or less 20-21 BTM each day, right ( it mines only in the pool)?
I was watching at nicehash but if someone would suggest me a better service for rent a rig it will be appreciated ( and a pool with the related port, I don't see it in the OP)

thanks again

No. Would it help if I created a quick calculator to show you how many BTM you would mine for any given hash speed?

I can do one for you all quickly but it won't be beautiful as I have limited time.

Zandinga

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:21:56 PM

Proving the theory

thanks again

If you decide to rent a rig, there are 2 pools where you can mine BTM:

http://xhash.net
http://miningpool.co

On each of them you'll find the stratum adresses and all the information you need to set up your rigs.

Hope this helps Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: