Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay  (Read 41599 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:44:39 PM

Here's a blog I wrote about the major decentralized market places inluding OB http://syscoin.org/in-depth-look-at-the-syscoins-decentralized-marketplace-and-comparing-it-to-the-competition/
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:45:39 PM

They must charge fees, or they will get spammed.  You know the drill.  

From this blog post:

OpenBazaar will always be open source and MIT licensed. As a global software community, we’ve intentionally created OpenBazaar so that there are no fees required to use the network, and there is no central authority controlling trade, taking a cut, or monitoring data.

http://avc.com/2015/06/future-friday-openbazaar-and-ob1/

I'm no expert on the technology so  I'm not 100% sure how it works but it might be best charging minimal fees and having them distributed to the people who run/host the client in a similar way to how bitcoin mining works. Does anyone know how the escrow function will work? That could be the trickiest part or weak link in the system.
It's p2p so no need for fees and tx expire if not hosted or delegated... There are pros and cons to this.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:00:24 PM

Just for you to know : FreeBazaar is the fork of OpenBazaar using Monero.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1088354.0
https://github.com/freebazaar/FreeBazaar/

If you never heard about Monero, here is the last presentation :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVm1dMn5Ks

that's a good news, decentralization plus fully anon, is what everyone should be waiting for

too bad i don't like the name monero, or it would have been a better coin, just personal preference

Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:08:20 PM

Isn't Blackcoin also trying something like this? Doesn't seem to be open at the moment though.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:34:39 PM

Isn't Blackcoin also trying something like this? Doesn't seem to be open at the moment though.
Yes I found that during my research but limited information was found i think its slowly progressing
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:56:43 AM

A great way to make money is to create a market. Good idea by OpenBazaar!

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 06:05:48 AM

We all knew it wouldn't take long for the next Silk Road comes along. I can't imagine this "dark market" site isn't going to be the same thing. Hopefully the owners don't flaunt their existence like one (or few) Dread Pirate Roberts!

What are people buying on the bazaar?

Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:17:43 PM

Well they're likely not going to make any money directly from the markets seeing as there's no fees. Would kind of defeat the purpose of them if they were going centralize it in such a fashion.
Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:32:56 PM

Open bazaar decentralisation for Ebay its an Awesome business plan can be because it is available for everybody's and much easier to get for simple people who does not known about BTC still properly.Well planning and good business togather advertise will be Ebay  marketing systems.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:52:30 PM

Well they're likely not going to make any money directly from the markets seeing as there's no fees. Would kind of defeat the purpose of them if they were going centralize it in such a fashion.
That's a lie there are fees from arbiters

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:17:26 PM

Are you talking about escrowers or middlemen? If so I doubt they will have anything to do with open bizarre and be a third party. Not sure how the market will work fully be using escrows could be a weak point as I guess somewhere you've got to trust someone.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:26:49 PM

eBay stole from me: $1.66 to be exact. (Long story if any one interested, I will post). Not too much to hate them but I do anyway for the poorly made buggy software they have been using to con people.

If there's anything that puts eBay out of business, count me in.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:46:58 PM

They make money like Bittorrent does by renting out the p2p network for distributed hosting and other things. Haven't looked how they prevent spam, can only imagine a billion fake listings with every keyword possible polluting search results
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:52:41 PM

Are you talking about escrowers or middlemen? If so I doubt they will have anything to do with open bizarre and be a third party. Not sure how the market will work fully be using escrows could be a weak point as I guess somewhere you've got to trust someone.

how so, they must have something to do with open bazars, they are the scrower after all, they will hand fund all day, and i doubt they will do it for free

They make money like Bittorrent does by renting out the p2p network for distributed hosting and other things. Haven't looked how they prevent spam, can only imagine a billion fake listings with every keyword possible polluting search results

or probably like miners does, fee will go to them for incentiveting their work
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:06:25 PM

Arbiters... blehhh

2 Party escrow is working just fine with the network being the trusting point.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:31:57 PM

Arbitrators are not mandatory in the first place and fees don't apply if the trade goes smooth and the arbitrator is not required.

TrackCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:27:23 PM

Its absolutely interesting decision to decentralising eBay in the openBazaar for all kinds of people. This wonderful decision people took very positively and appropriating very much. For stabilise business very importent to needs well planning BTC going to creating an example by this wonderful decision its such a wonderful and appropriately   thought from BTC Business planner. We expecting always for us easy to easier investment systems planing from BTC as usual.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:49:12 PM

well all it needs to be a sucess and brings more attention into bitcoin world is a good management if they make those easy and safe we will ebay getting out of those market and with them rules i hope it sucess i would be amazed to buy things with my bitcoin instead be paying fees to on then to other and more lol
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:02:53 PM

I am HUGELY in favor of OpenBazaar .. but I'm not entirely sure how it will attract mainstream users to compete with eBay and Amazon. Mainstream users still use paypal and CC.  OpenBazaar will no doubt give darknet markets pause for concern, but I don't see mainstream users flocking to it, unfortunately. I hope I am WRONG

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:32:08 AM

Arbitrators are not mandatory in the first place and fees don't apply if the trade goes smooth and the arbitrator is not required.
Right but there is technically a fee if you wish to use arbiters but I guess it's a value added feature. I personally like onchain marketplace implementations because of the ability to make offline sales and more that's not done in openbazaar unless you start to give up trust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: