Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay  (Read 41581 times)
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:48:00 PM

Is it the same like project cloakcoin?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:50:20 AM

still i'm not understanding how the trust will works? there will be an escrow?

If you are a seller here or anywhere else it is pretty easy to set up an escrow service. I keep an amount deposited equal to all of my inventory that buyers can file a claim against. I of course don't plan for it to ever be needed, but if I were hospitalized or worse my buyers have a way to recover funds if I were unable to ship. It is a nice back up for natural disasters as well. For now that is the best way to gain trust in this scammer filled economy.
An innovative idea from a genuine seller -Bump here for Bit Beans

I'm inspired to offer the same level of protection - who do you use for Escrow?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

I have one question. Can I buy something illegal there? If it is decentralised it is hard to track and I will be good platform to sell/buy not-so-legal products...
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:38:36 AM

still i'm not understanding how the trust will works? there will be an escrow?

If you are a seller here or anywhere else it is pretty easy to set up an escrow service. I keep an amount deposited equal to all of my inventory that buyers can file a claim against. I of course don't plan for it to ever be needed, but if I were hospitalized or worse my buyers have a way to recover funds if I were unable to ship. It is a nice back up for natural disasters as well. For now that is the best way to gain trust in this scammer filled economy.
An innovative idea from a genuine seller -Bump here for Bit Beans

I'm inspired to offer the same level of protection - who do you use for Escrow?

I use devscrow. I give him access to my spreadsheet with orders and shipping information. If the package is not delivered he has authorization to pay out claims. To me it is the only way to do business. If I were a customer I would want a quick and easy claim process so that is what I provide. Way too many people simply disappear and leave people (including escrow holders) hanging.

I would be flattered if you ended up using my idea. Best of luck with your endeavor!   

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:49:07 AM

Wont they get into trouble openly developing this sort of thing?
They will be targeted for harassment by the goons of current fiat monopoly competitors. Looking at you paypal.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ALXBOB

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:33:30 AM

Why don't use multisig rather than typical escrow service? Also would you have a profile using pseudonyms so there would be a rating for the sellers?

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:56:11 AM

I have one question. Can I buy something illegal there? If it is decentralised it is hard to track and I will be good platform to sell/buy not-so-legal products...

Im assuming what you can buy there is down to what people sell there, nobody would have the power to stop sellers selling something or buyers buying something since its decentralized.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:52:09 AM

if they think they wont hold any responsibility for counterfeit items or any other wrong illegal activity they are clearly wrong and shouldnt go about it this way.  wasnt piratebay kinda decentralized also and look what happened to it?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:08:27 AM

if they think they wont hold any responsibility for counterfeit items or any other wrong illegal activity they are clearly wrong and shouldnt go about it this way.  wasnt piratebay kinda decentralized also and look what happened to it?
Exactly what happened to it?
I'm using it this very moment.
The point of decentralized here would be that they don't hold responsibility, which is great (based on some sort of trust system from what I've read).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:20:08 AM

The point of decentralized here would be that they don't hold responsibility, which is great (based on some sort of trust system from what I've read).

but that means they cant collect no profit from it whatsoever?  Also if they wanted to advertise on the site that might be the only way they can make money am I right?  But still they will have to have a team of lawyers and they will have to share or hand over the network, also it can be shutdown by the higher ups is the next question.

Neg

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:25:47 PM

but that means they cant collect no profit from it whatsoever?  Also if they wanted to advertise on the site that might be the only way they can make money am I right?  But still they will have to have a team of lawyers and they will have to share or hand over the network, also it can be shutdown by the higher ups is the next question.

Who cant collect profit Piratebay or Openbazzar? I think the point of the latter is not to make any money but it be a free exchange with no fees they people are free to use.
dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:54:26 AM

Who cant collect profit Piratebay or Openbazzar? I think the point of the latter is not to make any money but it be a free exchange with no fees they people are free to use.
I think the point is to be a place where people can buy illegal things from. To say that they do not take responsibility is crazy when they market themselves as being a place to buy and sell illegal items via TOR.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:18:16 AM

if they think they wont hold any responsibility for counterfeit items or any other wrong illegal activity they are clearly wrong and shouldnt go about it this way.  wasnt piratebay kinda decentralized also and look what happened to it?

but that means they cant collect no profit from it whatsoever?  Also if they wanted to advertise on the site that might be the only way they can make money am I right?  But still they will have to have a team of lawyers and they will have to share or hand over the network, also it can be shutdown by the higher ups is the next question.

I think the point is to be a place where people can buy illegal things from. To say that they do not take responsibility is crazy when they market themselves as being a place to buy and sell illegal items via TOR.

They made it clear it is not targeted for illegal usage but that they also have no mean to stop people doing so. I think people will mostly stay on SR for illegal purchases as a lot of vendors already have their reputation built and will not want to start over.

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:35:06 AM

Do we have any circa relase date? I'm really currious how ebay, amazon etc will try to protect themselves from loosing customers, this bazaar is actualy really good idea!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:09:38 AM

Beta is OUT, has anyone tried it?

I just finished installing it on Ubuntu, didnt have time to test it.
johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:10:51 AM

if they think they wont hold any responsibility for counterfeit items or any other wrong illegal activity they are clearly wrong and shouldnt go about it this way.  wasnt piratebay kinda decentralized also and look what happened to it?

but that means they cant collect no profit from it whatsoever?  Also if they wanted to advertise on the site that might be the only way they can make money am I right?  But still they will have to have a team of lawyers and they will have to share or hand over the network, also it can be shutdown by the higher ups is the next question.

They made it clear it is not targeted for illegal usage but that they also have no mean to stop people doing so. I think people will mostly stay on SR for illegal purchases as a lot of vendors already have their reputation built and will not want to start over.
I have never used any of the dark net sites to buy/sell, but I have visited them many times over the years just to see what it looks like. Since SR was seized, many established vendors did advertise that they were a well known vendor on another site that is trusted.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:19:53 AM

Do we have any circa relase date? I'm really currious how ebay, amazon etc will try to protect themselves from loosing customers, this bazaar is actualy really good idea!

I dont think amazon or ebay are at risk of losing customers to this market for awhile. It is going to take a particular type of consumer to shop at open bazaar rather than Amazon because of how easy it is to use.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:30:20 AM

I dont think amazon or ebay are at risk of losing customers to this market for awhile. It is going to take a particular type of consumer to shop at open bazaar rather than Amazon because of how easy it is to use.

ehhh This is where you will be wrong.

Look at ebay, most sales are from oversea stores. (Chinese traders). Amazon marketplace is more for domestic retailers.

OpenBazzar will be adopted by Chinese ebay stores as their margin is already quite thin. The Ebay tax is way too high.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:36:48 AM

Will OpenBazaar be a tor site or will it be run as a distributed torrent based network?
bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:44:25 AM

ehhh This is where you will be wrong.

Look at ebay, most sales are from oversea stores. (Chinese traders). Amazon marketplace is more for domestic retailers.

OpenBazzar will be adopted by Chinese ebay stores as their margin is already quite thin. The Ebay tax is way too high.

Ebay better accept Bitcoin as payment soon in order to compete
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: