Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:10:50 AM

Guys, please put me in the list of contributors. I will give 2k of Silks for rebuild. I know it is not much, but big part from my savings.

The Camel Marches On

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:30:01 AM

Will try to get this client wrapped up by tomorrow so that we can get the source over to the exchanges and hopefully get them all updated before the weekend. Then I could start rolling out the Qt wallets immediately afterward. Like I said, if we want to discuss tweaks/etc which would require a hardfork, I believe the best way to play it is to incorporate those down the road (at least a couple weeks). I maintain that for now, the priority needs to be getting an up-to-date, fully-functional client out to everybody and then we can begin discussing improvements/upgrades/projects/etc. As soon as we have that behind us we can step away from the panic button and focus on moving this thing forward. Appreciate all of the support, offers to help, etc - we will certainly get to all of that as soon as we move past this first speed bump.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BrianJaye

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:32:46 AM

Sorry for my relative silence here this evening guys; busy day (every once in a while the real-world gets in the way, you know?) I'm sorting through the comments and working on getting your thoughts organized so they can be more easily processed and grouped. For now, before getting too deep into things, my thinking is this: give me another day to work on this client while you continue brainstorming. If we can get the latest client rocking and rolling and get the exchanges updated it will certainly reduce the pressure chamber we are all currently in. There have been some great proposals and if we want to tweak things or create a hardfork we can certainly discuss that. If the fact that I manage another coin is a concern to people, I acknowledge your concern but struggle to follow the logic there; if that proves to be an issue, I don't need to be involved beyond the creation of the new clients if that is what you guys would prefer.

Obviously there are a lot of emotions involved here; people have coins stuck unconfirmed in exchanges, people have coins stuck in exchanges, people have clients that are crashing and coins that are missing locally, and you guys are still dealing with the reality of the situation that unfolded and blindsided you - I completely understand. I'm fine with everybody taking a step back and making a calculated, informed decision whether I'm involved or not. At this point, I'm assuming you all want me to continue pushing forward on the new client, correct? My intention was to proceed as planned if that is still the case. I realize I came out of nowhere but felt like it made the most sense for an outsider with a good reputation, both here and beyond, to take this project over; I truly hate seeing people get ripped off and I'm disgusting by what the cryptocurrency world is becoming - I want to be part of the change for the better. It's clear this arrangement remains open for debate; fair enough. Please not I'm not offended in any way and I'm not looking to step on toes or create addition friction... I'm just looking to get you guys back up and running and we'll go from there. I'm not asking for anything in return until I deliver each step of the way.

Keep the conversation going.

I agree with everything you have said.
Keep up your good work, i agree that getting a stable client working is the most important thing to do first.
I dont personally have any issues with you working on this project, despite you developing murraycoin.

Secondly, we need to sort out PR issues, website, reddit, etc.

Has anyone been in contact with the major exchanges to keep them in the loop with whats going on?

Has there been any recent activity from Silkcoin here? e.g Private messages to any members here etc?
We really need to see if he will hand over his BTT account, and domain name if nothing else. If not, we need to really do something about the website, i dont know what options we have if the domain name stays in their ownership.

Thats the main issues i can see for now.

But i feel brainstorming is great, we all need to discuss what we would like as a community to achieve, if doesnt matter if we dont all agree on an idea, lets just bring new ideas to the table.

I think we can a lot more people on board by taking action on some of the points nzminer raised above. Twitter is starting to come to life with this thread and I think if more people can see that there is an orgainsed effort on the PR side as well as the Dev side then more blogs will begin picking this up.

As mentioned in my previous post, I'll start taking on some of these organisational tasks and keep the board notified of what's being done. Regarding getting the website sorted, if we know who is going to find out if the domain can be recovered then I can sort out the new website assuming we can get access to the domain.

I would assume though that unless the previous Devs give permission to continue to use imagery, logo, etc...then a rebranding would need to be done in order to prevent any possible IP issues. Again, I am happy to sort that out but as I am completely new to the SC community ( other than holding a small amount of coins) it would be great to know if I should actively start trying to organise or not.

Any feedback would be great.

As with what Bholzer said - I'm not looking to get anything out of it but would love be actively involved.
bmwz520

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:39:03 AM

Will try to get this client wrapped up by tomorrow so that we can get the source over to the exchanges and hopefully get them all updated before the weekend. Then I could start rolling out the Qt wallets immediately afterward. Like I said, if we want to discuss tweaks/etc which would require a hardfork, I believe the best way to play it is to incorporate those down the road (at least a couple weeks). I maintain that for now, the priority needs to be getting an up-to-date, fully-functional client out to everybody and then we can begin discussing improvements/upgrades/projects/etc. As soon as we have that behind us we can step away from the panic button and focus on moving this thing forward. Appreciate all of the support, offers to help, etc - we will certainly get to all of that as soon as we move past this first speed bump.
Thank you very much for your effort, you will receive the praise!
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:49:52 AM

Sorry for my relative silence here this evening guys; busy day (every once in a while the real-world gets in the way, you know?) I'm sorting through the comments and working on getting your thoughts organized so they can be more easily processed and grouped. For now, before getting too deep into things, my thinking is this: give me another day to work on this client while you continue brainstorming. If we can get the latest client rocking and rolling and get the exchanges updated it will certainly reduce the pressure chamber we are all currently in. There have been some great proposals and if we want to tweak things or create a hardfork we can certainly discuss that. If the fact that I manage another coin is a concern to people, I acknowledge your concern but struggle to follow the logic there; if that proves to be an issue, I don't need to be involved beyond the creation of the new clients if that is what you guys would prefer.

Obviously there are a lot of emotions involved here; people have coins stuck unconfirmed in exchanges, people have coins stuck in exchanges, people have clients that are crashing and coins that are missing locally, and you guys are still dealing with the reality of the situation that unfolded and blindsided you - I completely understand. I'm fine with everybody taking a step back and making a calculated, informed decision whether I'm involved or not. At this point, I'm assuming you all want me to continue pushing forward on the new client, correct? My intention was to proceed as planned if that is still the case. I realize I came out of nowhere but felt like it made the most sense for an outsider with a good reputation, both here and beyond, to take this project over; I truly hate seeing people get ripped off and I'm disgusted by what the cryptocurrency world is becoming - I want to be part of the change for the better. It's clear this arrangement remains open for debate; fair enough. Please not I'm not offended in any way and I'm not looking to step on toes or create addition friction... I'm just looking to get you guys back up and running and we'll go from there. I'm not asking for anything in return until I deliver each step of the way.

You are awesome dude. I doubt there is anyone out there that could do a better job of rebuilding SC.
I even bought some more SC after I read the op in this thread, something I thought I'd never do, seeing how the old dev defaulted yesterday.  Smiley
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:17:52 AM

http://www.coinssource.com/silkcoin-dead-soon-reborn/
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:47:37 AM

The Camel.. Marches On.   Grin

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:56:06 AM

Will contribute with 10K Silk  Smiley
feilongzaitian

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

i bought sc at 2500satoshi.
so sad now.
when will it go back to 2500.

bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:07:08 AM

so sad now.

Pathetic idiot!! You need a tissue? People in this world are starving from hunger and you are in public complaining about some small financial loss.

Yes uh... ontopicplease? Can we try to keep this on topic? I removed your previous post because I failed to see how it was constructive in any way. If I offended you, I apologize; we have a lot of work to do here and crap like this isn't helping. People deal with grief in different ways and this has been a rough past few days for a lot of people. It's time for us to work together... not rub salt in wounds or lash out at others for reasons that, quite simply in this case, elude me.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:13:24 PM

I'm still in with www.silkcoin.nl and www.silkcointalk.org also i am still offering Escrow for donations to dev team
jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:41:47 PM

All Silkcoin Supporters;

I am ready to donate 1000 Silkcoin for project development. Lets just contribute and help SC community get back on track.

Is it possible to make a webpage where people can support SC by donating?

BTW,
My SC wallet was able to able to SYNC completely without any issue, and also was able to mine few.
lonely@thetop

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:05:58 PM

Hi,

Any news when Mintpal will be OK with re-enabling their wallet? I have a hefty sum stuck there which I moved just after the shit started, but they disabled deposits.

If this clears out, I'll personally send 30k to the dev.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 02:14:45 PM

Hi,

Any news when Mintpal will be OK with re-enabling their wallet? I have a hefty sum stuck there which I moved just after the shit started, but they disabled deposits.

If this clears out, I'll personally send 30k to the dev.

I guess when the new wallet will be released. And that takes time.
BrianJaye

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:20:20 PM

All Silkcoin Supporters;

I am ready to donate 1000 Silkcoin for project development. Lets just contribute and help SC community get back on track.

Is it possible to make a webpage where people can support SC by donating?

BTW,
My SC wallet was able to able to SYNC completely without any issue, and also was able to mine few.

I can get a simple page up quick if bholzer gives the go ahead. At this point bholzer seems to be the leader of all of this so I don't want to take any action without a nod. - Send me the wallet addresses for whichever currencies that the Devs will be accepting in and I'll get something up.
jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:27:22 PM

@bholzer

We are here to support you and SC. Lets first arrange funds (setup donation link) and collect SC; so we can pay Dev.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:42:06 PM

Obviously there are a lot of emotions involved here; people have coins stuck unconfirmed in exchanges, people have coins stuck in exchanges, people have clients that are crashing and coins that are missing locally, and you guys are still dealing with the reality of the situation that unfolded and blindsided you - I completely understand. I'm fine with everybody taking a step back and making a calculated, informed decision whether I'm involved or not. At this point, I'm assuming you all want me to continue pushing forward on the new client, correct? My intention was to proceed as planned if that is still the case. I realize I came out of nowhere but felt like it made the most sense for an outsider with a good reputation, both here and beyond, to take this project over; I truly hate seeing people get ripped off and I'm disgusted by what the cryptocurrency world is becoming - I want to be part of the change for the better. It's clear this arrangement remains open for debate; fair enough. Please not I'm not offended in any way and I'm not looking to step on toes or create addition friction... I'm just looking to get you guys back up and running and we'll go from there. I'm not asking for anything in return until I deliver each step of the way.

ignore those who are complaining about you having your own coin, that is just assinine they are complaining. You are HELPING us and I am boggled at their logic.

Why somone who has SC that is right now worht very little would complain that someone wants to help make it a great coin again is beyond me.

I can not express my thanks enough on you coming to help us.

Thank you so much, Griff
ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:57:24 PM

Just wanted to summarize all the positive support and potential team members for this project!  All the following were quoted from this thread:

nzminer - Im all in to help in whatever way possible.  I have a client of mine who does web hosting if the devs dont hand over the domains etc.

vcoinminer0938 - I can help on web develop, promote if need.

FredDag - I am happy to contribute what I can to make this rebuild a success.

Yoshinori - If anything i 'm in, i have quite the marketing and funding proposals for this coin to start scaling.

ethereal73 - Good to see this, if you need help PM, for now its your turn.

h0lybyte - I am down to help with any programming. I can help with any code maintaining as well as setting up things like multiple nodes, faucets, dicing and other similar matters.

remistevens - When things are getting closer, I can create a promo video for the re-launch/branding.

BrianJaye - I'm willing to commit sometime and BTC to working in the project.

Rav3n85 - I will continue with the promoting @ https://twitter.com/NetworkSilk

judgecrypto - I will help advise.  I just sent you .5 BTC.  You stepped up big time for a community I care about.  Even if it doesn't work out please keep it as a token of universal rightness.

Grifftech2k4 - Thank you so much, I am completely behind this and will help fund as much as possible!

Dimitry - I'm willing to send 1000sc for reviving the coin.

ifxist - I am definitely willing to donate 1 BTC to bholzer and this project.

WhiteNotWright - I will be gathering additional support for investment.

hamzatu - I am in on the crowd funding initiative.

Bitcoinasourus - I will be more than happy to offer some funding for this. When do we get a donation address?

Kaliber1 - I already have all the investors.

hiddensphinx - i will pledge BTC myself!!!

Crypt0Keeper - I'm in for 1% of what I have (as long as it's not staking, haha).

flipboxx - I'm absolutely ready to spare some SC to support the dev.

psychocoin - I'll also donate 1k SC as soon as development fund opens.

tequillaquagga - I will give 2k of Silks for rebuild.

Mr.Joker - Will contribute with 10K Silk

jaipagare - I am ready to donate 1000 Silkcoin for project development.

lonely@thetop - I'll personally send 30k to the dev.

bholzer please setup a escrow at a location we can donate to.  If you wait too long, alot of these volunteers and donations will dry up and people moved to another coin.

Been just updating my original posts with the new contributors so I don't clog this thread with quotes.  I'll requote once in a while.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

I see nothing wrong with murray holding a pocket full of silk... haha
  Probably is some truth to that from time to time lol

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:44:38 PM

so sad now.

Pathetic idiot!! You need a tissue? People in this world are starving from hunger and you are in public complaining about some small financial loss.

Yes uh... ontopicplease? Can we try to keep this on topic? I removed your previous post because I failed to see how it was constructive in any way. If I offended you, I apologize; we have a lot of work to do here and crap like this isn't helping. People deal with grief in different ways and this has been a rough past few days for a lot of people. It's time for us to work together... not rub salt in wounds or lash out at others for reasons that, quite simply in this case, elude me.

I'm sure you're doing this already but delete every single post that is off-topic.  No one here wants to see complaints or questions of "when will I get muh coinz back?".  There is no room for whining, grieving, finger-pointing or nose-picking.  Well maybe a little nose-picking but seriously, let's keep the skirts out.  bholzer, I would be happy to help moderate, if you can't tell by my post :-)

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: