Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:52:43 AM

In summary:

1) Coin is already on market and has good volume and trades well.
2) Coin has no other intrinsic value, other than trade.
3) Coin would have a long long way to go to build this "fantasy" eco system - by then fifteen other crap coins will have it.
4) You have a DEV that wants to do this, and already have Judge Crypto trying to call the shots when he was positioned to bail and admitted it in past.
5) Coin is very cheap to buy and has a good marketing name for the "dark class" thus, (Judge) not going to be a good currency coin
6) Best chance for coin niche would be to use within a dark web or underweb, and that seems polar opposite.

I will continue to trade and when I see no more growth or value, move on to the next coin with absolutely no intrinsic value. Alt coins are for trading, that is it as it stands right now. The pure fantasy about this eco-system is laughable at best. Even the internal trader seems like a pipe dream that is years away (for part time team that doesn't exist).

So not fudding here, just my honest perspective from an average Joe. Any coin can trade, it's the hype that surrounds the coin that is key; for now.

No offence, but I am not trying to call the shots.  There are a lot of good people in this community that I want to see succeed.  I am going to start my own coin so I don't want or need to have any position here.  I was hoping my feedback would be well received and help in a constructive way.  But if I am a distraction I will not comment anymore.

Everybody with positive contributions to the discussion is welcome here - you included. Would definitely prefer you stick around.

Judge, No worries, just the way you come off in the past as arrogant and basically state the DEV guy is temp (has his own coin) won't be sticking around - Going to fix it and then hand it over to someone. I don't mean any offense either, but basically you are saying, "We'll get this coin trading at a higher level to recover the investment and then dump and bring that over to our own coins". Again, this is the message I am receiving here with the statements.

@Bholzer, you blew me away with you competence and laying your life out there. much respect, but unfortunately I am going to need to see a sure sign that the aforementioned "fix and furious" will not materialize. I would like to see some of your skin in the game. I have an idea of how that might work, but unfortunately would involve you collapsing your current coin into this one to show just how serious you really are with your intentions. Talk is cheap, and I want to trust you, but I don't like risks that are not mitigated in some fashion. What is the value proposition here with this coin for me to bring more folks over? If you were in my shoes, and had to tell folks to invest in this coin, what is your message?

Why on god's green earth would he collapse his coin into this? He is doing us an IMMENSE FAVOR and to ask that he show skin in the game is kind of insulting.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

He is not going to be around permanently, we need to find the dev and the rest of the ream who will take the reigns from bholzer and those are the ones we need to make sure are really dedicated to it.

No insult intended, but why don't we just get that team together now. Listen, I do know what your folks are doing is admirable and I can respect what you are trying to do. Unfortunately I cannot bring anything additional to the table without a solid infrastructure in both management of the coin and it's technical road-map and people committed to the business. This is just simply how investments are conducted. I will just hang out in the wings for a while and trust you folks know what you are doing and either way, you did something for the crypto society that is honorable. I may chime in from time to time, as a cheerleader here and there, but honestly may need to move a few funds to some other coins to continue to earn profit to make up for some loses. I hope you will consider my idea of splicing the fork and not let a technical or logical reason sway you from that concept, might just shake up the whole ALT market :}

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:56:35 AM

I agree, White. I don't have the skills myself and hopefully we can find those willing.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:25:54 AM

I agree, White. I don't have the skills myself and hopefully we can find those willing.
We really need to find prominent devs who have got a good reputation in the crypto scene, im sure we will find some kicking about here who have worked on other coins.

If vericoin is doing the built in exchange with BTC, then thats something we really need to look at, from what i understand, this was supposedly planned for SC.

Does anyone feel that we should increase the staking percentage for a brief period as an incentive? Maybe bring it up to 5- 10% for a week or two?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nlrobbie

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:35:20 AM

The wallet is ok but i still have 0 connections and 0 coins.
bmwz520

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:58:01 AM

What time can new wallet?
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:07:08 AM

Another bonus is that I have a number of projects in the works for Murraycoin - some more alluring than others, of course. If we can get things rolling, it would make sense to port them over to SilkCoin as well. For example, one of my smaller projects is a fantasy football league paid for and paid out in Murraycoin; this could be easily ported. We will cross that bridge when we get there, however - first we get the client ready to rock and then we start mapping things out. Even if we take a different direction we can still offer something new here. The mere fact that we will remain honest and transparent will set us apart considerably for the vast majority of altcoins (both new and old).

That is the same response I got from another scam coin I hold. Well maybe someday they recover, but who knows. On to the next one!

Good luck and seriously, thanks again for trying to help get the investments back for the people. Should only need to lift it to about 3K sats to get most out clean.

-f

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:14:42 AM

I personally always felt like the wallet, and its promised features outside of the eco-system, was setting a new standard in crypto. How long has the plain Qt wallet existed? Why hasn't it been updated? I viewed SC as being the first to really take up this cause, and bring the wallets up to a new plateau of standard features. Market data, block explorer, social connections etc - all of that arguably should be standard in any coin's primary wallet software.

I agree.  These new wallet features really do lift the standard. Once combined with the new core code update we will have an amazing foundation.

From there, the Eco-system is an ambitious undertaking, though don't get me wrong - that could be amazing if it actually was taken back up. However, focus could be shifted to produce something like VeriBit, which is a new service VRC just rolled out that allows ANY (yes, any) purchase made with BTC to be processed with VRC instead. I personally believe this system will become the next "hot feature" that every coin needs to have, just like PoS, then multipools, then anon, etc. There is no more need to find individual merchants willing to accept a coin, now you can access the entire BTC merchant market if you implement the right software to do so.

We all know making some real world use for the coin would do a lot to assign it value beyond just speculation and innovative experiments with the wallet, so perhaps shifting from the Eco-system to focus on merchant integration would be wise, before it becomes a game of catch-up. On the other hand, lots of other coins will be doing this very soon, so if SC isn't among the first of the pack, adopting this won't have much impact on confidence in the coin. In that regard perhaps going for innovation rather than essential services is better.

Agree again... while the eco-system sounds great, my understanding is that it came as a package.
My thinking is that perhaps we should be looking at implementing smaller, stand-alone upgrades.
This could include functionality as proposed above, for processing purchases originally intended for payment in BTC (which sounds like a great idea).
Plus, the  'Register An Alias' & associated  'Reputation'  functionality could, I believe, also be implemented as stand-alone features.

Edit to add:

Even the internal trader seems like a pipe dream that is years away (for part time team that doesn't exist).

I don't think the internal trader functionality (trading on supported exchanges direct from the wallet) needs to be years away.
The Exchange APIs make it possible, although there is likely a bit of work involved to be sure it works correctly and gracefully handles any changes to the API.
coincrazejred

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:48:15 AM

Even the internal trader seems like a pipe dream that is years away (for part time team that doesn't exist).

I don't think the internal trader functionality (trading on supported exchanges direct from the wallet) needs to be years away.
The ExchanQge APIs make it possible, although there is likely a bit of work involved to be sure it works correctly and gracefully handles any changes to the API.

The trader app functionality would be relatively easy in java actually (I'm a full time java lead) the XChange api already provides api's to the majority of the major exchanges. https://github.com/timmolter/XChange

Does anybody out there know if there is a similar project for c++?
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:18:22 AM

hope the best for silkcoin

Smiley
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:41:51 AM

I have PMd MsCollec to remove the negative trust rating for Megaman...

Hi MsCollec,

While Megaman was very annoying in the forum he was ultimately correct about the users silkcoin and wulfcastle.  When silkcoin accused Megaman of extortion it seemed that was what happened.  The dev silkcoin covertly changed his website reg, removed facebook likes, covertly transferred the premine to Mintpal, all the while saying a new wallet was coming out while covertly selling the premine and keeping the proceeds.

As such it is obvious that the real non credible party here is the dev silkcoin as he is a proven liar and Megaman has proven to be just annoying.

Please remove your negative trust rating for Megaman.  

Thanks much,

Judge Crypto
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:54:43 AM

The wallet is ok but i still have 0 connections and 0 coins.

I have uploaded the OLD 1.0.7 version of the wallet: http://www.judgecrypto.com/featured-coins.html

I have tested it and it syncs with the network no problem. 
ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:56:23 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 04:04:02 AM by ifxist

Just wanted to summarize all the positive support and potential team members for this project!  All the following were quoted from this thread:

mbishop75 - I've been a C/C++/C# developer for over 10 years and would be willing to help with rebuilding.

nzminer - Im all in to help in whatever way possible.  I have a client of mine who does web hosting if the devs dont hand over the domains etc.

vcoinminer0938 - I can help on web develop, promote if need.

FredDag - I am happy to contribute what I can to make this rebuild a success.

Yoshinori - If anything i 'm in, i have quite the marketing and funding proposals for this coin to start scaling.

ethereal73 - Good to see this, if you need help PM, for now its your turn.

h0lybyte - I am down to help with any programming. I can help with any code maintaining as well as setting up things like multiple nodes, faucets, dicing and other similar matters.

remistevens - When things are getting closer, I can create a promo video for the re-launch/branding.

BrianJaye - I'm willing to commit sometime and BTC to working in the project.

Rav3n85 - I will continue with the promoting @ https://twitter.com/NetworkSilk

BadAss.Sx - Website design is what i do most for clients. I made silkcoin.nl in just 2 hours. I could take that job.

boestin - I am more then happy to join the team by the way as a CEO/Spokesman.

mafort1469 - I just purchased the domain silkcoin.us for this community to use.

starsandskies - I can help out with advising on the legal front.

judgecrypto - I will help advise.  I just sent you .5 BTC.  You stepped up big time for a community I care about.  Even if it doesn't work out please keep it as a token of universal rightness.

Grifftech2k4 - Thank you so much, I am completely behind this and will help fund as much as possible!

Dimitry - I'm willing to send 1000sc for reviving the coin.

ifxist - I am definitely willing to donate 1 BTC to bholzer and this project.

WhiteNotWright - I will be gathering additional support for investment.

hamzatu - I am in on the crowd funding initiative.

Bitcoinasourus - I will be more than happy to offer some funding for this. When do we get a donation address?

Kaliber1 - I already have all the investors.

hiddensphinx - i will pledge BTC myself!!!

Crypt0Keeper - I'm in for 1% of what I have (as long as it's not staking, haha).

flipboxx - I'm absolutely ready to spare some SC to support the dev.

psychocoin - I'll also donate 1k SC as soon as development fund opens.

tequillaquagga - I will give 2k of Silks for rebuild.

Mr.Joker - Will contribute with 10K Silk

jaipagare - I am ready to donate 1000 Silkcoin for project development.

lonely@thetop - I'll personally send 30k to the dev.

FesterBlack - I will contribute 1K SC. Thanks.

7000years - I will also contribute 1k SC (3% of my total) regardless of price

bluepixie - 1000 Silk sent to  the Escrow

socal - for the record I will pledge 2k SC to see this through

bholzer please setup a escrow at a location we can donate to.  If you wait too long, alot of these volunteers and donations will dry up and people moved to another coin.
psychocoin

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:01:36 AM

I know it's not much but I'll also donate 1k SC as soon as development fund opens.

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
BrianJaye

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:05:39 AM

I'm popping in out of nowhere but I've been wanting to get involved with a coin project for quite sometime.

I'm not a Dev by any means but have a strong graphic design and marketing background. 10+ years.

If the bholzer and the community is open to it, I'm willing to commit sometime and BTC to working in the project.

This could be a great story and breath some life back into the Altcoin market if done correctly and with a purpose.

Frankly, I'm a noob when it comes to the tech side of crypto-currencies but love the good side of what it should be about. I'd be willing to write up a timeline"d" marketing plan that's coordinated alongside bholzers dev support.

If the community was really interested in getting this coin to do some good and committing to a few good causes then I'll put my money and time where my mouth is before others have to do the same.

I see the basic idea working something like gaining a clear understanding of bholzers' action plan is, get it calendared and more clear to the public. Then I can write out clear marketing initiative in this post. As part of that initiative we would work towards a few community voted upon causes. If we can get it at least to that point and there is enough trust then I can commit some staff hours and a bit of BTC.

If there is clarity and this is more than a pump action then I think we could turn SC into something really amazing. In the least enough to bring some cred back to the altcoin community and get everyone to break even.

If this community is up for it then perhaps bholzer and I can set up a time to conference?

Regardless, Its great to see that the SC community is working together to rectify this wrong.
Rav3n85

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:48:38 AM

I will continue with the promoting
@ https://twitter.com/NetworkSilk
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:15:22 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 07:24:02 AM by bholzer

Sorry for my relative silence here this evening guys; busy day (every once in a while the real-world gets in the way, you know?) I'm sorting through the comments and working on getting your thoughts organized so they can be more easily processed and grouped. For now, before getting too deep into things, my thinking is this: give me another day to work on this client while you continue brainstorming. If we can get the latest client rocking and rolling and get the exchanges updated it will certainly reduce the pressure chamber we are all currently in. There have been some great proposals and if we want to tweak things or create a hardfork we can certainly discuss that. If the fact that I manage another coin is a concern to people, I acknowledge your concern but struggle to follow the logic there; if that proves to be an issue, I don't need to be involved beyond the creation of the new clients if that is what you guys would prefer.

Obviously there are a lot of emotions involved here; people have coins stuck unconfirmed in exchanges, people have coins stuck in exchanges, people have clients that are crashing and coins that are missing locally, and you guys are still dealing with the reality of the situation that unfolded and blindsided you - I completely understand. I'm fine with everybody taking a step back and making a calculated, informed decision whether I'm involved or not. At this point, I'm assuming you all want me to continue pushing forward on the new client, correct? My intention was to proceed as planned if that is still the case. I realize I came out of nowhere but felt like it made the most sense for an outsider with a good reputation, both here and beyond, to take this project over; I truly hate seeing people get ripped off and I'm disgusted by what the cryptocurrency world is becoming - I want to be part of the change for the better. It's clear this arrangement remains open for debate; fair enough. Please not I'm not offended in any way and I'm not looking to step on toes or create addition friction... I'm just looking to get you guys back up and running and we'll go from there. I'm not asking for anything in return until I deliver each step of the way.

Keep the conversation going.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
p4ch1nk0

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:21:48 AM

Would now be a good time to work on a multipool? I'd really love to get paid in SC for my X11 or X13 work.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:27:55 AM

Sorry for my relative silence here this evening guys; busy day (every once in a while the real-world gets in the way, you know?) I'm sorting through the comments and working on getting your thoughts organized so they can be more easily processed and grouped. For now, before getting too deep into things, my thinking is this: give me another day to work on this client while you continue brainstorming. If we can get the latest client rocking and rolling and get the exchanges updated it will certainly reduce the pressure chamber we are all currently in. There have been some great proposals and if we want to tweak things or create a hardfork we can certainly discuss that. If the fact that I manage another coin is a concern to people, I acknowledge your concern but struggle to follow the logic there; if that proves to be an issue, I don't need to be involved beyond the creation of the new clients if that is what you guys would prefer.

Obviously there are a lot of emotions involved here; people have coins stuck unconfirmed in exchanges, people have coins stuck in exchanges, people have clients that are crashing and coins that are missing locally, and you guys are still dealing with the reality of the situation that unfolded and blindsided you - I completely understand. I'm fine with everybody taking a step back and making a calculated, informed decision whether I'm involved or not. At this point, I'm assuming you all want me to continue pushing forward on the new client, correct? My intention was to proceed as planned if that is still the case. I realize I came out of nowhere but felt like it made the most sense for an outsider with a good reputation, both here and beyond, to take this project over; I truly hate seeing people get ripped off and I'm disgusting by what the cryptocurrency world is becoming - I want to be part of the change for the better. It's clear this arrangement remains open for debate; fair enough. Please not I'm not offended in any way and I'm not looking to step on toes or create addition friction... I'm just looking to get you guys back up and running and we'll go from there. I'm not asking for anything in return until I deliver each step of the way.

I agree with everything you have said.
Keep up your good work, i agree that getting a stable client working is the most important thing to do first.
I dont personally have any issues with you working on this project, despite you developing murraycoin.

Secondly, we need to sort out PR issues, website, reddit, etc.

Has anyone been in contact with the major exchanges to keep them in the loop with whats going on?

Has there been any recent activity from Silkcoin here? e.g Private messages to any members here etc?
We really need to see if he will hand over his BTT account, and domain name if nothing else. If not, we need to really do something about the website, i dont know what options we have if the domain name stays in their ownership.

Thats the main issues i can see for now.

But i feel brainstorming is great, we all need to discuss what we would like as a community to achieve, if doesnt matter if we dont all agree on an idea, lets just bring new ideas to the table.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:57:32 AM

Obviously there are a lot of emotions involved here; people have coins stuck unconfirmed in exchanges, people have coins stuck in exchanges, people have clients that are crashing and coins that are missing locally, and you guys are still dealing with the reality of the situation that unfolded and blindsided you - I completely understand. I'm fine with everybody taking a step back and making a calculated, informed decision whether I'm involved or not. At this point, I'm assuming you all want me to continue pushing forward on the new client, correct? My intention was to proceed as planned if that is still the case. I realize I came out of nowhere but felt like it made the most sense for an outsider with a good reputation, both here and beyond, to take this project over; I truly hate seeing people get ripped off and I'm disgusting by what the cryptocurrency world is becoming - I want to be part of the change for the better. It's clear this arrangement remains open for debate; fair enough. Please not I'm not offended in any way and I'm not looking to step on toes or create addition friction... I'm just looking to get you guys back up and running and we'll go from there. I'm not asking for anything in return until I deliver each step of the way.

I just wanted to point out my post above was to show the out pouring of support for this because (I believe) you are involved in the project.  I believe only 1 person has expressed concern about your participation in another coin.  For the most part, the community has shown to be completely supportive and appreciative of all the good work and potential you bring to this coin.  I think it would be extremely premature to step back because of 1 person's worries.
judgecrypto

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:09:12 AM

Hey Bholzer,

Someone has to get this started... I just sent you .5 BTC towards the 6 BTC to get the wallets up.
https://blockchain.info/tx/06d0118bb62d83e107992981f39471916d0b0157a1074a4c0eda98fadb788168

You stepped up big time for a community I care about.  Even if it doesn't work out please keep it as a token of universal rightness.

Judge Crypto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: