Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:36:47 AM

From what i understand from reading everything here, bholzer is basically acting as an interim dev.
He will keep it going until the time that a new dev team comes on board.
I can expect that this could take some time.

Hmm, then we have there our little hickup for good progress in the coin. Other problem i have is this. The original devs perhaps have millions of coins. Now the community is going to invest in the development en with great luck and superior coding maybe we get lucky and the coin starts up again gaining trust and investors. The value is rising, and who get's all the money? The original devs. And to be honest....that sucks!

Think there are a lot of problems we are going to face to build this coin back up. There has to be some kind of meeting of people who are trying to build this all up and ask our self...how much is it worth to bring SC back up? Is it not better to pick a different name, but with the same ideas the original dev(s) had and start all over?

Yes, i know that this means that the original coins are worthless then. But please, do we really want to invest a lot of money, time and effort just to make the original devs rich? I mean, with every 1mil coins with a price of $0.05 makes $50.000, just for doing nothing. If everyone answers my question with a yes, then we have a strong based community and then we can work this out together. But the problem remains that we do not have a steady dev team already, is a little fucked up, if i may say so.

It's a discussion question, not a fud one.

I thought the whole reason this coin crashed is because the premine was moved and dumped.  Ya lost me.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:46:03 AM

From what i understand from reading everything here, bholzer is basically acting as an interim dev.
He will keep it going until the time that a new dev team comes on board.
I can expect that this could take some time.

Hmm, then we have there our little hickup for good progress in the coin. Other problem i have is this. The original devs perhaps have millions of coins. Now the community is going to invest in the development en with great luck and superior coding maybe we get lucky and the coin starts up again gaining trust and investors. The value is rising, and who get's all the money? The original devs. And to be honest....that sucks!

Think there are a lot of problems we are going to face to build this coin back up. There has to be some kind of meeting of people who are trying to build this all up and ask our self...how much is it worth to bring SC back up? Is it not better to pick a different name, but with the same ideas the original dev(s) had and start all over?

Yes, i know that this means that the original coins are worthless then. But please, do we really want to invest a lot of money, time and effort just to make the original devs rich? I mean, with every 1mil coins with a price of $0.05 makes $50.000, just for doing nothing. If everyone answers my question with a yes, then we have a strong based community and then we can work this out together. But the problem remains that we do not have a steady dev team already, is a little fucked up, if i may say so.

It's a discussion question, not a fud one.

I thought the whole reason this coin crashed is because the premine was moved and dumped.  Ya lost me.

No it wasnt, it was going down for a good week, then they dumped the premine when it was only worth about $6k.
They didnt walk away with much.

The devs abandoned the whole project, and were not capable of fixing the bug in the wallet, so they just gave up.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:55:24 AM

I was in the other forum.   Panic started because everyone said premine was dumped.  The premine addresses posted were not the ones on the richlist.  Entire premine was moved into mintpal and dumped.
    This is what everyone said.  Fear uncertainty and doubt is not necessarily lies, it is speculation.  As once again.  This is.
    In a moderated thread no doubt.   Premine was dumped.  Premine wasnt dumped.  Thanks for saving the coin.  No fuck you, we dont care if ur saving the coin...  make up your minds and quit spreading fud based on speculation while the community is rounding support up to heal silk coin. 

j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:27:53 AM

No it wasnt, it was going down for a good week, then they dumped the premine when it was only worth about $6k.
They didnt walk away with much.

The devs abandoned the whole project, and were not capable of fixing the bug in the wallet, so they just gave up.

Your saying all the premine was worth when it was sold was $6000? I imagined 50k or more. So how much premine and how much could have been made if they sold near the top? The mkt cap is still 200,000. That also shows in the richlist. Once exchanges are active i hope they dont start to dump.
fat mike

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:39:35 AM

He could have made off with around 60k, they got cocky though and thought their whitepaper would cause the price to jump, done the opposite hehehe
I really doubt he is still holding any coins.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:30:01 AM

He could have made off with around 60k, they got cocky though and thought their whitepaper would cause the price to jump, done the opposite hehehe

I tend to think that too, they obviously thought it was going to increase further.

ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:42:30 AM

I will follow this

Hey there BadAss...

As you may know, bholzer has asked the community to organise an Escrow Service to handle the funds for this rebuild.

Is this something your Escrow would be interested in handling?
If so, what rates?

No rates for SC coins. Keeping the coins until community says it can be released. Rates for BTC are on my website, but when dev proofs he is doing what he promises i don't want any rate at all for this. If the coin or progress fails and everyone wants their coins back, then the rates on my websites count.

Can you post the addresses (SC and BTC) we can donate the funds to?  Alot of people do not like to register.
BitTome

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:38:53 AM

I tend to think that too, they obviously thought it was going to increase further.

Sad part was, all they had to do was keep communicating and release a simple fix for the Mintpal API bug to keep us believing, heck even release the whitepaper to a community member to reformat.  But they chose the absolute worst time to bail.
Yoshinori

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:00:17 AM

Hi everyone,
Looks like things are going to turn for the better very soon.

I was thinking we need to sort out a marketing team.
Does anyone here have experience in advertising, marketing, etc?

Anyone who can help, list your skills here.

Once the wallet goes live, we need to reassure investors that have been burnt that everything is now in control.
I expect that there are possibly a few investors who dont even know whats happened yet.

Anyway, I think the camel has served its marketing purpose very well here.

Camels can survive in the wild for weeks without water, what this coin is doing the same thing, it has survived through the unthinkable.

We need to come back with a professional approach, we all thought this coin was indeed very professionally run from the start, the wallet, the website etc, we need to maintain that professional side, but do it even better.

If anyone can come up with some really good memes, etc that entertain, thats a start, we need things to go viral on the forums etc.

Again, brainstorm your ideas, once we have a plan, we can look at the options for redesigning the website, etc.

A kind of guerrilla marketing is what came to my mind  back when SilkCoin was at it's highs, which i dare say was liked as an idea by  judgecrypto (he was the one who told me it's worth the try). So i  made a presentation explaining ways this kind of marketing would work, and how it involves the whole community rather than a small group, also a couple ideas as to how to fund such marketing and in the current case the developers too, at first i was going to send it to Silkcoin at  but given the current circumstances  i gueet ss ill upload it to mysilkoin. It's on my to do list for as soon as i get back from my trip.
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:31:05 AM

is there any update?
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:05:56 AM

is there any update?

Not yet, but i know as a fact that Bholzer is still working on the client.
There probably will be some update this weekend.

djek31

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

Bholzer did want to get the client up and running before the weekend... fingers crossed he does!
sparc0

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:51:25 PM

Silkcoin was a scam, why so much enthusiasm for it ?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:03:34 PM

It may have been a scam (from what I've heard claimed of the two key devs) or it may be a case of a poorly managed dev team that got in over their head and then the leaders bailed out leaving bagholders with a buggy coin and broken promises. The ideas brought up for Silkcoin were good though, and so if enough competent dev support can be brought together (which appears to be happening), the project can still be brought to fruition. It's better than starting from scratch anyway.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
sparc0

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:12:00 PM

It may have been a scam (from what I've heard claimed of the two key devs) or it may be a case of a poorly managed dev team that got in over their head and then the leaders bailed out leaving bagholders with a buggy coin and broken promises. The ideas brought up for Silkcoin were good though, and so if enough competent dev support can be brought together (which appears to be happening), the project can still be brought to fruition. It's better than starting from scratch anyway.

He (lead dev as know as Silkcoin on Bitcointalk, Robert Crouzet in real life) has transfered ALL premined coins to Mintpal and sold BEFORE ANY COMMUNICATION to the "community" (insider trading).
Current situation is not a consenquence of a "poorly management", it was his/their plan.
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:12:19 PM

The real plus of SilkCoin it is community (and Camel of course Smiley ) But we can take this name and make new SilkCoin from scratch.
I think it will be better, new code, new people in head and new blockchain. But looks like ppl really want continue support existing blockchain.

In both cases I'll very happy, because we can take this to our hands. And stay solid community around nice coin. Then we able to release community driven polls about features and crowdfunding for devs who will implement this features to SilkCoin.

The Camel Marches On
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:48:38 PM

He (lead dev as know as Silkcoin on Bitcointalk, Robert Crouzet in real life) has transfered ALL premined coins to Mintpal and sold BEFORE ANY COMMUNICATION to the "community" (insider trading).
Current situation is not a consenquence of a "poorly management", it was his/their plan.

Regardless of what the old dev did, this coin still has some very strong points. Already on the top 4 exchanges, wide distribution, great community and the best part of course is having Bholzer as lead dev.
The scam is the past, this is the new SC community  Smiley
jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

My SC wallet still works. It never crashed. I was able to mine few more last night.

What worries me, if Dev left SC project then who is managing SC client (Host and DB) and who is looking after blockchain?
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:39:35 PM

When will the new wallet be available? (Also for the exchanges to implement)
arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:29:13 PM

Just wanted to summarize all the positive support and potential team members for this project!  All the following were quoted from this thread:

nzminer - Im all in to help in whatever way possible.  I have a client of mine who does web hosting if the devs dont hand over the domains etc.

vcoinminer0938 - I can help on web develop, promote if need.

FredDag - I am happy to contribute what I can to make this rebuild a success.

Yoshinori - If anything i 'm in, i have quite the marketing and funding proposals for this coin to start scaling.

ethereal73 - Good to see this, if you need help PM, for now its your turn.

h0lybyte - I am down to help with any programming. I can help with any code maintaining as well as setting up things like multiple nodes, faucets, dicing and other similar matters.

remistevens - When things are getting closer, I can create a promo video for the re-launch/branding.

BrianJaye - I'm willing to commit sometime and BTC to working in the project.

Rav3n85 - I will continue with the promoting @ https://twitter.com/NetworkSilk

judgecrypto - I will help advise.  I just sent you .5 BTC.  You stepped up big time for a community I care about.  Even if it doesn't work out please keep it as a token of universal rightness.

Grifftech2k4 - Thank you so much, I am completely behind this and will help fund as much as possible!

Dimitry - I'm willing to send 1000sc for reviving the coin.

ifxist - I am definitely willing to donate 1 BTC to bholzer and this project.

WhiteNotWright - I will be gathering additional support for investment.

hamzatu - I am in on the crowd funding initiative.

Bitcoinasourus - I will be more than happy to offer some funding for this. When do we get a donation address?

Kaliber1 - I already have all the investors.

hiddensphinx - i will pledge BTC myself!!!

Crypt0Keeper - I'm in for 1% of what I have (as long as it's not staking, haha).

flipboxx - I'm absolutely ready to spare some SC to support the dev.

psychocoin - I'll also donate 1k SC as soon as development fund opens.

tequillaquagga - I will give 2k of Silks for rebuild.

Mr.Joker - Will contribute with 10K Silk

bholzer please setup a escrow at a location we can donate to.  If you wait too long, alot of these volunteers and donations will dry up and people moved to another coin.

I can also write professional plans, procedures, specifications, other documents, and articles. I have years of experience in software test and QA. And, I am a published author of two books. I won't accept any payment. This will be my contribution not including my donation.

Once the coin is revived we can think about publishing a Use-Case. So that there is no ambiguity about the role, function, and place of Silkcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: