Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:12:44 PM

I transferred to poloniex some SC from Mintpal, but has been unable to arrival, how is it?
you should contact poloniex support

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

I transferred to poloniex some SC from Mintpal, but has been unable to arrival, how is it?
you should contact poloniex support

Um, you do know that deposits and withdrawals of SC from Mintpal to anywhere is disabled right?  That's probably the problem.
handsomemember

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:06:53 PM

Starting a new coin isn't hard, but having a large community is hard.
Yoshinori

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:21:20 PM

I'm mojpoj on Trello.

Link for SC board?

Here Cheesy
https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding-the-grand-bazaar

arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:12:24 PM

Although I strongly disagreed with it, the community is overwhelming in favor of keeping the name Silk in. So in that light, its got my support. Its great that we can have this sort of  debate, say what we have to say and then move on.

@arteleis has actually been doing a hell of a lot. Keeping a bunch of people all shouting different opinions organised in trello and feeding it off the board here is really important. - and he's kept a propper adult attitude with things while others have been shouting him down. Thanks arteleis!

Any rate, thanks for all the positive notes on Pheno, its appreciated. In moving forward someone here here needs to call the name...lots of variations of Silk out there so we need a decision.

I think we've either got to set-up some polls about a lot of things or just poll once to decide on a few interim decision makers. We need some decisions and not only about the name, problem is the moment someone makes a decision its likely only to piss others off and we'll end-up with the "who put you in charge?" type statements flying all about the room.

I'm in favor of putting up a poll, pick a few people to delegate & make final decisions where there is clear conflict. In the least we need someone putting up polls. They are simple to do until the website comes out and we can just poll there.  

https://www.surveymonkey.com
https://www.easypolls.net/

Who's Acting Director?
Lead Dev seems to be settled - bholzer
Lead Marketer (Website Text, Social Media, Name and Branding decisions)?
Lead accountant - seems to be settled ( Badass handling the escrow )

We've all got to have our say now its time to get some decisions and move this forward.

I'm happy to design another logo once the name has been sorted unless someone else wants to do so. I am going to go rogue here  Wink and say I'm happy to have Arteleis delegate some of this work until we get a poll up...whether he wants to or not Wink

Cheers all

Hello all, wow I slept for 8 hours and about 90 posts in trello. haha going to do some catching up and try and organize the thought flow.  We've got many options for voting now.  I'm going to take a look at all of them.  And yes, I will continue to do as I'm doing until i feel overwhelmed (in which case I'll beg for help) or the community feels I have done a shit job.  As I said in the first thread, this is the first community I've felt at home at, and am glad to contribute what I can to make it a success.  
  Will give a recap from trello board here in BTT.  The amount of information is becoming overwhelming, and in saying that it seems that the development team being built in this may not be traditional.
   Most coins have a development team of 1 or 3 or 5?? This coin, if organized correctly could have a task based, community managed team of unlimited amount of developers..  But if not organized correctly then of course.. for a lack of better terms, will turn into a clusterfuck.
   I'm loving seeing the freeflow of not only ideas, but the technical pursuit of how they actually are to be achieved.  I believe it will take more then one acting director, to keep everyone organized as what is seeming to be created is not just one coin, but an organization consisting of many departments.

Ill try and sum everything up and create as much order as possible for what is transpiring.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
mojpoj

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:57:53 PM

It will get completely out of hand and fast.  I watched what happened with house of coins, without clear direction / structure, it became a mess of "let's do this, who's with me?" and a ton of other suggestions that never got traction.

For HoG I focused on what I thought were the 5 biggest areas:
  • Treasury
  • Hardware Dev
  • Software Dev
  • Admin / Oversight
  • Marketing

Hardware may not be necessary.  That was in case the business decided to purchase hardware.  There was to be a head in charge of each "committee" and they could bring people in to work projects or whatever.

It's only a suggestion, but without order, you will quickly see chaos.

I don't pronounce my voting solution to be the best, but it encourages people to hold their coins.  With more coins, they have a bigger say in the voting process.  It would make people feel like they actually matter in the direction of the coin.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:03:54 PM

I am in... My day job is web development, writing, SEO, etc... been at it for almost 2 decades. Let me know
if I can help.

Cheers!

Cynthia

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:22:16 PM

I am in... My day job is web development, writing, SEO, etc... been at it for almost 2 decades. Let me know
if I can help.

Cheers!

Cynthia

Awesome! Sign up at The Grand Bazaar and I will add your trello id to the forum.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:23:10 PM

Anybody else interested in helping out with this movement, please sign up at The Grand Bazaar, and pm me your trello ID. 
[/quote]

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:32:01 PM

A user uses the verify message feature of the client to verify they own a wallet address.  Once verified, the wallet balance is checked on the block chain.  Users can add multiple addresses and it totals them up.

Very cool. Are you on Trello? We would love to have you come contribute to the rebuild and discuss converting this to a Silkcoin theme.

I think this is very good idea. We have been looking for a solution for how to publicly manage the direction of this endeavor.  I do like the idea of coins being the vote weight in silk (as opposed to gold) - but would there also be some way to have a public vote factored into this for folks that don't have a lot of money.
   I would not want to see someone's vote count less if they have only 1000 bux to their name and have invested half of it in silk, in comparison to someone with a bank account with 100 grand and 10k in silk. (50% invested interest in comparison to 10% invested interest) Just a thought about general equality in voting and surely will be difficult to achieve the proper balance.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:36:14 PM

if I can help.

Cheers!

Cynthia

Awesome! Sign up at The Grand Bazaar and I will add your trello id to the forum.

This is me: https://trello.com/bitcoin_mafia

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:39:11 PM

I'm in favor of putting up a poll, pick a few people to delegate & make final decisions where there is clear conflict. In the least we need someone putting up polls. They are simple to do until the website comes out and we can just poll there.  

https://www.surveymonkey.com
https://www.easypolls.net/

Yes we do need to arrange whos going on board with the team, we need bholzers input on this too, hopefully we will hear from him tomorrow.

I've taken a look at www.easypolls.net - they have a 1 vote per ip feature, as well as a geographical map of where each vote originates from.

Costs 99cents per poll to add these features.  I do not mind setting this up, if everyone is in agreement.  Seems a simple way to vote on topics at hand for the time being.  Let me know what everyone thinks and I'll set it up.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

if I can help.

Cheers!

Cynthia

This is me: https://trello.com/bitcoin_mafia

Added!  Cool

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:52:15 PM

perhaps a solution in polling then would be factoring from two different polls?

One weighted as mentioned by mojpoj - http://houseof.glass/forum/index.php?topic=11.0

and then a one vote per ip as mentioned by Brianjaye at https://www.easypolls.net/ - I also like the geographical location of voters map in this - or proxy location lol

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:09:10 PM

Just a concept

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
MEGAman

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:20:51 PM

I know I'm a hated man but just wanted to say I did donate a bit of BTC to bholzer for the cause (against his will haha). I'm a really bad designer but have solid php skills so I'm working on a project to help the soon-to-be-new-and-improved silkcoin. When I'm done I'll have somebody else help make it look pretty. Also bholzer finally responded to my PM and it sounds like he has 2 different versions of the wallet about ready to go and he's going to finish up tests tonight and release one. Maybe you guys already knew that since I missed a couple pages. Anyway not sure why he made two but I will assume he knows what he's doing.
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:28:08 PM

I know I'm a hated man but just wanted to say I did donate a bit of BTC to bholzer for the cause (against his will haha). I'm a really bad designer but have solid php skills so I'm working on a project to help the soon-to-be-new-and-improved silkcoin. When I'm done I'll have somebody else help make it look pretty. Also bholzer finally responded to my PM and it sounds like he has 2 different versions of the wallet about ready to go and he's going to finish up tests tonight and release one. Maybe you guys already knew that since I missed a couple pages. Anyway not sure why he made two but I will assume he knows what he's doing.

Dude I think the hatred has subsided, and I know you and judge contributed to bholzer to get the client updated.   I think it would be good for you to join trello if you like!  Post your trello id and I'll add ya. If there is a backlash then I think you'd have to be removed, but Ive seen you support this revival and are an active contributor so I think you should be involved!   Wink

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:35:38 PM

I want to gamble with other people at the Grand Bazaar.

Oh, and I'm glad MEGAman changed his slogan  Wink
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:38:08 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:54:11 PM by arteleis

I've made a poll on easy polls regarding the rebranding debate.  
Here's your chance to vote for what you think is best!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52

I have added IP voting - so one vote per IP, geographical mapping, I have a geographical map in the account of where votes originated from, and have paid to have ads removed from poll.  I have also created a container, so this poll is able to be embedded in a website. Also has java scripting capabilites, so if someone knows java please let me know and I can give you the poll site password to help make this poll better.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

I want to gamble with other people at the Grand Bazaar.

Oh, and I'm glad MEGAman changed his slogan  Wink

Damn strait! I also look forward to gambling at the Grand Bazaar!  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: