Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:16:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328439 times)
cj92

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:20:20 AM

Wish BTCD will rise again, cause i bought them @0.01479063 BTC/BTCD and I was off line for 3 days.  Now, i can't trade them, the price is getting cheaper!  I will lose if i'll do trading! Sad
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:56:00 AM

Wish BTCD will rise again, cause i bought them @0.01479063 BTC/BTCD and I was off line for 3 days.  Now, i can't trade them, the price is getting cheaper!  I will lose if i'll do trading! Sad
You just answered your own concern - you will only lose if you trade them now.  So don't.  It's been said many times in this thread, there are too many whale games being played at the moment to risk doing anything except buy and hold (unless you are actively trading and have nerves of steel).  Buying at 0.0147 instead of 0.012 isn't going to concern you when the price is significantly higher than both, which it will in time.  0.02 will come quickly once Teleport is released, and it will only go higher once the other features and revenue streams are realised.  So don't despair, just watch and be patient.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:02:09 AM

BTCD was good ride for miners [me also] surely Smiley

cj92

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:09:23 AM

You just answered your own concern - you will only lose if you trade them now.  So don't.  It's been said many times in this thread, there are too many whale games being played at the moment to risk doing anything except buy and hold (unless you are actively trading and have nerves of steel).  Buying at 0.0147 instead of 0.012 isn't going to concern you when the price is significantly higher than both, which it will in time.  0.02 will come quickly once Teleport is released, and it will only go higher once the other features and revenue streams are realised.  So don't despair, just watch and be patient.

Thanks for this encouraging message reply.. So i will buy additional BTCD if that's the case..  Thanks!
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:26:33 AM

How much btcd do you have stuck there on cryptsy? Is there any hints of weird behavior going on other than incompetence? Did they screw up somehow and don't have the btcd to cover depositers funds? How much of the total btcd do they hold? What is the significance of the btcd funds you have stuck on bter and their importance in relation to supernet?

Serious questions.

Also, how did cryptsy of all places end up being the highest volume btcd exchange? of all the options...

I think Bittrex has more volume usually.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:32:19 AM

aehm, any1 have the guts to arbitrage from cryptsy?  Cheesy
After weeks, they finally just cancelled my withdraw request
If you are able to predict prices 3 weeks ahead then I highly suggest cryptsy for arbitraging, unless it is for more than 20 BTCD, those are blocked

How much btcd do you have stuck there on cryptsy? Is there any hints of weird behavior going on other than incompetence? Did they screw up somehow and don't have the btcd to cover depositers funds? How much of the total btcd do they hold? What is the significance of the btcd funds you have stuck on bter and their importance in relation to supernet?

Serious questions.
I have 4000 BTCD in cryptsy. The only way to get it out seems to be to sell it and withdraw the BTC and repurchase
I certainly dont have time for 200 withdraw requests

It appears to be total incompetence. I estimate that they have less than 10% of BTCD, probably only about 3%

The expected percentage of BTCD versus the SuperNET funding is 2% that is in bter. As soon as we get Trustees for BTCD, I will setup a regular sweep whenever the exposure gets too big

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:35:25 AM

If you are able to predict prices 3 weeks ahead then I highly suggest cryptsy for arbitraging, unless it is for more than 20 BTCD, those are blocked

Serious questions.
I have 4000 BTCD in cryptsy. The only way to get it out seems to be to sell it and withdraw the BTC and repurchase

It appears to be total incompetence. I estimate that they have less than 10% of BTCD, probably only about 3%

The expected percentage of BTCD versus the SuperNET funding is 2% that is in bter. As soon as we get Trustees for BTCD, I will setup a regular sweep whenever the exposure gets too big

James
Its better to try something different about the withdraw, it is not fair to sell them to other members and then they get stuck there and can't withdraw
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:51:21 AM

Serious questions.

James
Its better to try something different about the withdraw, it is not fair to sell them to other members and then they get stuck there and can't withdraw

they have been using this tactic for over 2 weeks now, they think by holding funds and staking they can protect their interests by profiting off users coins. Instadex / Nxt Exchange are the future. Why? because there is no third party staking your coins forcefully.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:55:15 AM

Serious questions.

James

Their JSON API is pretty straightforward, I just created a little app to divide up my withdrawals into 25 BTCD chunks. Unfortunately that wasn't small enough...
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 05:05:57 AM

Serious questions.

James
20 BTCD seems to work, so it is possible to withdraw

Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:08:43 AM

I tried withdraw 17 btcd on trusted adress it stucked.. Hell.
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:10:55 AM

Serious questions.

James
20 BTCD seems to work, so it is possible to withdraw
yea i know it is which should be their(cryptsy) point in my opinion adding fee to every withdraw is better than letting coins stake
rlhead7173

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:15:03 AM

Hi everyone, I noticed that many people seem to be having sync issues.

The problem seems to be a rogue message that has been taking up a lot of bandwidth. This was created during Teleport testing, and leaked to the network.

This has been fixed. I had the sync issues myself earlier today. I ran this version and still had them. Then, I deleted the blockchain (delete everything in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BitcoinDark EXCEPT wallet.dat and BitcoinDark.conf) and re-ran it.

No more sync problem, and I'm averaging 1kb/s Download and .5kb/s Upload bandwidth usage  Smiley

Azeh will update the op when he gets a chance, but for now here is the download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ApVilbba!gO6mrhcvSdu-tOhjJ_8y39VhBzzuzSw-5ZMbbUDdVw0
SHA-256 Checksum: 35C9D728335699ADFABF27659076320DC2C360DE6FB9354D2A70863C06C2CE17

If anyone want to accurately verify the total number of blocks:

http://107.170.44.31/blockcount

Matthew

Since I'm posting, might as well give an update.

Teleport testing is going well, James is working hard on debugging it within btcd core. I am hard at work on that most gruesome, most evil task which can befall any developer: Building on Windows  Wink

I am not quite sure what happened with the testing but my wallet was really screwed up! It was going in and out of sync since 9/8/2014 around 3:00 AM CST. It was also staking like crazy but the size of the staked blocked were extremely small compared to previous staked coins.  I thought maybe the syncing issue was just crosstalk as I have seen this before with other coins. I sent 100 BTCD to an exchange and that never showed up. I then sent 1 BTCD to a different exchange to test and see if it was me and that never showed either. I sent two more transactions each 1 BTCD to test and nothing was making it through. I was really starting to get worried. I did what you said and redownloaded the blockchain and used this BTCD Wallet release. All my transactions including staked coins since 9/8/2014 around 3:00 AM CST now show as Conflicted, about 28 total, 22 of those were mined coins from staking. However, the good news is that the coins I sent are back in my wallet from the 4 transactions that never went through to two different exchanges. I take it I am good to send coins now? No syncing issues since I download and used this version of the wallet.

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 05:18:00 AM

Hi everyone, I noticed that many people seem to be having sync issues.

The problem seems to be a rogue message that has been taking up a lot of bandwidth. This was created during Teleport testing, and leaked to the network.

This has been fixed. I had the sync issues myself earlier today. I ran this version and still had them. Then, I deleted the blockchain (delete everything in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BitcoinDark EXCEPT wallet.dat and BitcoinDark.conf) and re-ran it.

No more sync problem, and I'm averaging 1kb/s Download and .5kb/s Upload bandwidth usage  Smiley

Azeh will update the op when he gets a chance, but for now here is the download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ApVilbba!gO6mrhcvSdu-tOhjJ_8y39VhBzzuzSw-5ZMbbUDdVw0
SHA-256 Checksum: 35C9D728335699ADFABF27659076320DC2C360DE6FB9354D2A70863C06C2CE17

If anyone want to accurately verify the total number of blocks:

http://107.170.44.31/blockcount

Matthew

Since I'm posting, might as well give an update.

Teleport testing is going well, James is working hard on debugging it within btcd core. I am hard at work on that most gruesome, most evil task which can befall any developer: Building on Windows  Wink

I am not quite sure what happened with the testing but my wallet was really screwed up! It was going in and out of sync since 9/8/2014 around 3:00 AM CST. It was also staking like crazy but the size of the staked blocked were extremely small compared to previous staked coins.  I thought maybe the syncing issue was just crosstalk as I have seen this before with other coins. I sent 100 BTCD to an exchange and that never showed up. I then sent 1 BTCD to a different exchange to test and see if it was me and that never showed either. I sent two more transactions each 1 BTCD to test and nothing was making it through. I was really starting to get worried. I did what you said and redownloaded the blockchain and used this BTCD Wallet release. All my transactions including staked coins since 9/8/2014 around 3:00 AM CST now show as Conflicted, about 28 total, 22 of those were mined coins from staking. However, the good news is that the coins I sent are back in my wallet from the 4 transactions that never went through to two different exchanges. I take it I am good to send coins now? No syncing issues since I download and used this version of the wallet.
if you are synced to the blockchain then should be fine to send
sounds like you ended up on a fork
now that you are on the real blockchain, it is like whatever happened on the fork was just a dream

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 05:19:13 AM

I tried withdraw 17 btcd on trusted adress it stucked.. Hell.
they must have "run out" of BTCD in their withdraw wallet
now they have to wake up BigVern to refill it with another 20 BTCD

I am starting to really dislike cryptsy

James

Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:26:30 AM

So they just haven't coins..? Or haven't coins on hot wallet?
Well tried withdraw just 1 btcd and it stucked too.. I hate cryptsy.
positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:31:48 AM

hello again. I am the one who posted here about the transferred of my bbr to vrc when it was 19k satoshis and i know its my fault of panic buying because it was successful when i bought bbr when james mentioned it and earned but lost it to vrc. My original plan was to earn from bbr then will transfer it to btcd. Now i lost almost 50 percent from vrc so its not possible now to reach my 50 btcd target but i believe its ok because i learned from my experience and i have to be positive. Im thinking now if i can beg for a donation to anyone from the community that understand me. We are thousands so maybe a little percent of us might understand me. If someone  give me 1btcd its a big help because i might reach my target slowly from a little donation.  I am willing to help here or work for the community whatever i can or maybe you can give  me some obligation or work here. Here is my btcd address RChrHMf9kMvbUwrnyFfMwhoADkJ96P6TDf    Thank you for your understanding.
do not be in a hurry, if you are you will lose
patience leads to success
if you are trading and not HODL, sell when others are buying, buy when others are selling

When the price is > fast moving average > slow moving average is a good time to sell
When the price is < fast moving average < slow moving average is a good time to buy

Trading is not easy, nobrainertrades.com is required study before you do anything other than HODL

James

Thank you. You've  really got my respect  james. You really deserve the  reputation you have. Actually i can wait for vrc to rise again just like what happened to bbr when you show your support to them but i was just too anxious that you will surprise us that you will release the teleport too soon. I hope it wont happen yet. But if it happens too early then maybe i  just have to be contented with the btcd i have which is below 50 btcd. I invested a little with supernet too but just a little as 9 token. I hope its enough for me to earn from supernet in the future that i can use for my everyday life. Just like what happened to me on btcd when it was just below 20k sat. If i only trusted btcd earlier then maybe i have around thousand btcd then i can just hodl and stake so i dont have to think and just always smile seeing the fast rise of the price of btcd while earning on staking and day dreaming the things happened to early investor of btc Smiley . Maybe even the time i bought when its around 50-60k sat but i tried to ride when i thought theres a pump and dump which i proved that its too hard to happen on btcd because the price just go up and i just lost my more than hundred of btcd. If only hodl since the start then it wont give me stress. The good thing here is im continue learning. Im anxious too now for the lurkers who are reading my post because they will see now that its always right time to invest on btcd because its always moving up whatever the present price of btcd so my chance of having more btcd will go down because  it might rise again . Maybe my only hope now is my investment in supernet and if i will be lucky that someone will donate even just a little btcd to me. RChrHMf9kMvbUwrnyFfMwhoADkJ96P6TDf

Sorry if im so desperate begging to get even just a little number of btcd because i was so frustrated before when btc went high to 1k dollars even i found out btc around late 2012 but didnt give much attention to it. Now btcd is here but still i dont have enough. Im not aiming now of too much btcd because i believe even just a few digits of  btcd  can make a living in the future when all of  james plans are already there

by the way i hope someone can teach me how to earn btcd aside from trading and buying.

from now on... I will just really HODL!
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:08:19 AM

Maybe I'm missing some thing but would it be possible to put wallet version number next to or under the download link on OP. All I see is link to download site then BitcoinDark-win-qt.RAR . I can't tell if I'm already running

that version or not, it might save a few unnecessary downloads

Jon  Cheesy

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
cryptonaut

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:33:40 AM

HELP

All of my BTCD is stuck in stake and the blockchain is going backwards!!
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:01:50 AM

Serious questions.

James

Bought around 1k couple of weeks ago at 9k and withdrew immediately without any problems. All my bots are also having no issues whatsoever withdrawing different cryptos (including BTCD) over the API to trusted addresses.
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: