Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:45:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:48:06 AM

We are currently experiencing a problem with our BTCD wallet and getting withdraws out in large amounts. Your current BTCD withdraw has been cancelled and your coins placed back into your balance.

Please feel free to re-initiate your withdraw in smaller increments until we have this problem resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Cryptsy.com

.... -.-' SCAM company
This isn't a scam and James posted a few pages back that he has been in contact with Cryptsy and has a theory on the issue they are experiencing.  It does seem that smaller withdrawals are working - they processed 30-odd of mine last night after raising a support ticket, but I haven't tried again today.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:02:24 PM

We are currently experiencing a problem with our BTCD wallet and getting withdraws out in large amounts. Your current BTCD withdraw has been cancelled and your coins placed back into your balance.

Please feel free to re-initiate your withdraw in smaller increments until we have this problem resolved.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Cryptsy.com

.... -.-' SCAM company
This isn't a scam and James posted a few pages back that he has been in contact with Cryptsy and has a theory on the issue they are experiencing.  It does seem that smaller withdrawals are working - they processed 30-odd of mine last night after raising a support ticket, but I haven't tried again today.

It is not a scam...
Withdrawal fees: Bittrex 0.02 and Cryptsy 0.01 per transaction

If I wanted to withdraw 1000BTCD from bittrex it would cost me 0.02 in transaction fees.
If I wanted to withdraw 1000BTCD from cryptsy I would need to issue 20 with draws at say 50BTCD each at a transaction fee of 0.01 per withdrawal for a total of 0.2 BTCD for the 20 transactions. 10 times higher and a hell of a lot more time consuming.

Might not be a scam but it just... well it smells. Sometime you look at a piece of code and you think to yourself... "hmm this just doesn't smell right". Crypsty gives me the same feeling.

What I am eluding to is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_smell
Karlog

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:34:24 PM

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Cryptsy.com

.... -.-' SCAM company
This isn't a scam and James posted a few pages back that he has been in contact with Cryptsy and has a theory on the issue they are experiencing.  It does seem that smaller withdrawals are working - they processed 30-odd of mine last night after raising a support ticket, but I haven't tried again today.

It is not a scam...
Withdrawal fees: Bittrex 0.02 and Cryptsy 0.01 per transaction

If I wanted to withdraw 1000BTCD from bittrex it would cost me 0.02 in transaction fees.
If I wanted to withdraw 1000BTCD from cryptsy I would need to issue 20 with draws at say 50BTCD each at a transaction fee of 0.01 per withdrawal for a total of 0.2 BTCD for the 20 transactions. 10 times higher and a hell of a lot more time consuming.

Might not be a scam but it just... well it smells. Sometime you look at a piece of code and you think to yourself... "hmm this just doesn't smell right". Crypsty gives me the same feeling.

What I am eluding to is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_smell

If cryptsy really care about its customers, then they should make a workaround, and reduce the fees. That way i would still consider using them later down the road, but when i have to use a lot of time and effort to get my coins out && pay a lot in fees... For me it looks like that they just are going for the fast cash.

they COULD behind the seen make that if you take more than x coins out, you pay our normal fee and the split the withdrawal in some smaller potions. I know that it would be better to find the error, but it could work for a short period of time.

But i think that cryptsy like the coins that they are getting by staking so they have all the time in the world.
KasperMertz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:51:03 PM

Me and my partners are looking for a new coin to be listed on CCEDK. We saw your coin as a possible investment and we would like to discuss the possibilities for this arrangement, if you find it interesting.

We are looking forward hearing from you.

Kasper Mertz
@KasperMertz

Does this mean we could see BTCD/GBR, BTCD/USD and BTCD/EUR sometime soon? If so that would be fantastic.

It depends on the negotiation of the listing of BTCD. I still need to get in contact with the developer of BitCoinDark and if both parties reaches a respectable agreement. 
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:06:07 PM

Me and my partners are looking for a new coin to be listed on CCEDK. We saw your coin as a possible investment and we would like to discuss the possibilities for this arrangement, if you find it interesting.

Kasper Mertz
@KasperMertz

Does this mean we could see BTCD/GBR, BTCD/USD and BTCD/EUR sometime soon? If so that would be fantastic.

It depends on the negotiation of the listing of BTCD. I still need to get in contact with the developer of BitCoinDark and if both parties reaches a respectable agreement. 

Get in contact with Azeh and/or jl777.
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:21:46 PM

Its so quite here. Lots of coding going on? Cheesy
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:53:32 PM

Kasper Mertz
@KasperMertz

There is nothing to negotiate. If you want to list a Top10 coin, just list it
BTCD will not pay to be listed on an exchange

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:55:10 PM

Its so quite here. Lots of coding going on? Cheesy
yes finally am able to debug.
got a BitcoinDarkd with the SuperNET version of libjl777 compiled and linked in and not working yet.
so I will probably be sporadic here until deep into a long weekend

cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:01:49 PM

Kasper Mertz
@KasperMertz

There is nothing to negotiate. If you want to list a Top10 coin, just list it
BTCD will not pay to be listed on an exchange

I am constantly astounded at the arrogance of crypto services. If you want to make money, list the coin and get the fees. Don't come into our thread basically telling us we need to pay you!
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:17:18 PM

I am constantly astounded at the arrogance of crypto services. If you want to make money, list the coin and get the fees. Don't come into our thread basically telling us we need to pay you!

Yeah right... like they could live with only the fees. I bet Cryptsy et al. are doing as much inside trading and other dirty tricks (staking, listing coins for money/ premine, buying a shitload before listing) as they can. The fees are only there for show.
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:31:18 PM

Yeah right... like they could live with only the fees. I bet Cryptsy et al. are doing as much inside trading and other dirty tricks (staking, listing coins for money/ premine, buying a shitload before listing) as they can. The fees are only there for show.
Big exchanges can do that and yes the best part is that they can buy tons before they list it, so they earn tons of BTC with every new coin they list
alxx77

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

Just could not resist  Cheesy - LTC price...

A picture is worth a thousand words...

tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

Some of you might have noticed I am helping out VRC. A month ago one of their investors approached me to help them and after the whole mintpal thing they were in a horrible lose/lose situation. I felt I should do something to help them. So I offered to make some unique tech for them next year after I am done with the current batch of projects, so probably starting next Jan/Feb I would be actively developing a VRC thing. I will also be offering advices to help them improve the VRC and they will probably be using the reskinned GUI.

Now, before all of you start complaining that I shouldnt be doing any coding for any other coin, I remind you about the spirit of UNITY. If we do not help others when they are in need, then how are we different than the fiat peoples? The mean cruel dog eat dog world where the system is setup so you can barely survive and then if you break any single silly rule, you are homeless.

Now VRC world is really quite the opposite from the BTCD, their devs are publicly known and they are interfacing to the fiat world. This means the SuperNET would have some real world presence and this is something that I cannot personally do. My involvement does not guarantee inclusion in the SuperNET and VRC will need to pass the tech eval like any other coin. I do feel optimistic about my chances to get accepted though.

The VRC community is still not decided if they actually want to do this, and there are some few guys there who are convinced I am some scammer or pump and dumper. So, maybe this wont happen at all, or maybe it would. The word of my discussions seems to have boosted the price 60% already and VRC wont do a BBR so please calm.

This is a long term personal project, the VRC community is still deciding and acceptance to SuperNET is not yet. I would expect that the long term downtrend is reversed and within a month it could get back to ATH. Just wanted to give heads up and let you decide. This one is different than the others.

James

I am Ignorant what is Doing a BBR? What did Boolberry do? Anybody?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

Some of you might have noticed I am helping out VRC. A month ago one of their investors approached me to help them and after the whole mintpal thing they were in a horrible lose/lose situation. I felt I should do something to help them. So I offered to make some unique tech for them next year after I am done with the current batch of projects, so probably starting next Jan/Feb I would be actively developing a VRC thing. I will also be offering advices to help them improve the VRC and they will probably be using the reskinned GUI.

Now, before all of you start complaining that I shouldnt be doing any coding for any other coin, I remind you about the spirit of UNITY. If we do not help others when they are in need, then how are we different than the fiat peoples? The mean cruel dog eat dog world where the system is setup so you can barely survive and then if you break any single silly rule, you are homeless.

Now VRC world is really quite the opposite from the BTCD, their devs are publicly known and they are interfacing to the fiat world. This means the SuperNET would have some real world presence and this is something that I cannot personally do. My involvement does not guarantee inclusion in the SuperNET and VRC will need to pass the tech eval like any other coin. I do feel optimistic about my chances to get accepted though.

The VRC community is still not decided if they actually want to do this, and there are some few guys there who are convinced I am some scammer or pump and dumper. So, maybe this wont happen at all, or maybe it would. The word of my discussions seems to have boosted the price 60% already and VRC wont do a BBR so please calm.

This is a long term personal project, the VRC community is still deciding and acceptance to SuperNET is not yet. I would expect that the long term downtrend is reversed and within a month it could get back to ATH. Just wanted to give heads up and let you decide. This one is different than the others.

James

Look at https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_bbr on the "ALL" timeframe
do you notice anything noteworthy on the chart?
hint: the timing coincides with my announcing BBR might be added to SuperNET core

torshammer

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

James

I would encourage prospective investors to set aside 5 - 6 days to read at least the last 100 pages of the btcd thread, the entire supernet thread, and a solid chunk of the recent vrc thread to gain a wholistic understanding of what you are considering investing in.

Small questions like this worry me because it means due diligence has not been performed.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:11:39 PM

James

I would encourage prospective investors to set aside 5 - 6 days to read at least the last 100 pages of the btcd thread, the entire supernet thread, and a solid chunk of the recent vrc thread to gain a wholistic understanding of what you are considering investing in.

Small questions like this worry me because it means due diligence has not been performed.
good point.
unless you are in the spirit of making a 1 BTC donation, then this is a very good idea to limit what you put in until you have done the homeworks.

Its not that we are trying to keep a secret about some great thing to put money into, all the info is there, but the assetowners will become part of the SuperNET. This is because the important decisions about SuperNET will be made by the people who own the SuperNET.

James

Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Who else is still all-in on BitcoinDark?  Diversification is for pussies!

If teleport will be able to move BTC from one address to another address without any trace in the blockchain.....

BitcoinDark will be the biggest crypto since Bitcoin.

I don't see how you could transfer BTC between addresses without leaving a trace in the blockchain though.......is it really possible?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 10:52:43 PM

Who else is still all-in on BitcoinDark?  Diversification is for pussies!

If teleport will be able to move BTC from one address to another address without any trace in the blockchain.....

I don't see how you could transfer BTC between addresses without leaving a trace in the blockchain though.......is it really possible?

there will be the cloning event on the blockchain
the key to understand is that your tx is only one out of all the clonings during the clonesmear time window
this time window is variable per user (even per tx)
so once there are enough tx happening, you can even broadcast that you just teleported X amount (I suggest you not do this!) but even if the attacker knows you did, which tx was yours?

that is the problem for the attacker. If there are 100's of clonings, any of them could be yours. Now what if you are sending an aged telepod you kept around for a month? What if there were some trusted teleports? Who controls that address, when did it change hands?

All these are questions that only the parties directly involved will know for sure. For everybody else it is a statistical issue. So after a telepod is changing hands a few times, it quickly becomes possible that anybody could be controlling it at any given time.

This is much the way cash works. Where is that dollar bill? Who controls it? What if it is a dollar bill from last year?

James

Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:04:29 PM

Who else is still all-in on BitcoinDark?  Diversification is for pussies!

the key to understand is that your tx is only one out of all the clonings during the clonesmear time window
so once there are enough tx happening, you can even broadcast that you just teleported X amount (I suggest you not do this!) but even if the attacker knows you did, which tx was yours?

that is the problem for the attacker. If there are 100's of clonings, any of them could be yours. Now what if you are sending an aged telepod you kept around for a month? What if there were some trusted teleports? Who controls that address, when did it change hands?

All these are questions that only the parties directly involved will know for sure. For everybody else it is a statistical issue. So after a telepod is changing hands a few times, it quickly becomes possible that anybody could be controlling it at any given time.

This is much the way cash works. Where is that dollar bill? Who controls it? What if it is a dollar bill from last year?

James

Dayum Shocked.  If BitcoinDark achieves all its ambitious goals, all my financial problems will be solved.

You the man, James.  Stay hungry and keep up the innovative work.  You're on track to be one of the first crypto-billionaires.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:16:38 PM

Who else is still all-in on BitcoinDark?  Diversification is for pussies!

James

Dayum Shocked.  If BitcoinDark achieves all its ambitious goals, all my financial problems will be solved.

You the man, James.  Stay hungry and keep up the innovative work.  You're on track to be one of the first crypto-billionaires.
Do you know what they call a person who helps a lot of people become millionaires?

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: