Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

errmm.. now here is a real newb Windo$e question:

I have made a build of Bitcoindark-qt, but I seem to be unable to access the File and Settings functions.
I would expect them to be the same as in bitcoin.

Did my build screw up the drop down menus with the access to the wallet file functions?
Or is Bitcoind-qt not supposed to have these?

BitcoinDarkd accessed with RPC should have them, but can anyone give me a hint just to be sure?

as opposed to:

Thanks!
it does have the File and Settings, so some sort of option or build problem is my guess

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:50:37 PM

I have made a build of Bitcoindark-qt, but I seem to be unable to access the File and Settings functions.

This happens to me occasionally on Ubuntu with various QT wallets. Restarting the client usually fixes it.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:55:07 PM

I do own some BTCD, Am I then one of the stakeholders?     I am still fuzzy on the details.

Jim

As long as you keep the wallet open and unlock to stake then you are one of the stakeholders. The point is to keep the network as secure as possible and only people staking can make that happen. Along with gaining more BTCD, the dividend is pretty much an incentive since so much of SuperNET will be riding on BTCD. There is also mention of checking how long each user stakes to determine fairness of dividend so that opening the wallet once a month for a few hours doesn't gain the same benefit as someone that always keeps theirs' open. Basically, you are rewarded twice over for keeping the wallet open and staking.

NICE... However it says the dividends will be paid to an associated nxt addy? how does that work.

you pick a public BTCD address to use. It doesnt have to have much BTCD in it. The software will automatically map this address to a NXT address (using its privkey), then it will make a NXT alias so that you can use the same public BTCD address even inside NXT

James

James,  Thank you much for answering.

My only question left is:
How do I 'pick a public BTCD address to use'?    And I assume I want to use the addy that holds all my btcd.
unless you want to impress girls, the public address should probably have a minimal amount of btcd.
now you can still impress the girls by showing your big acct in private Smiley

edit: just make a new address and it is your public address, or you can just use the address you have already been using. I am just nervous to publish accts with any big amounts in them

Ok, now I am confused,  How does it know I am staking X amount of coins if the addy I publish is empty?

edit:

Example:

1.  John has 1200 BTCD in a personal wallet and the wallet is currently staking at approx 5% year.
2.  John wants to publish his addy so he can receive the extra income from superNet to btcd stakeholders.

Question1.  HOW does he publish his address?
Question2.  How does the program know he is staking 1200 coins if the address he publishes is a new one?

Jim

sorry for all the questions, trying to understand what is going on.  I cannot find documentation other then the white paper and infomationsl PDF on superNet site.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 10:39:37 PM

I do own some BTCD, Am I then one of the stakeholders?     I am still fuzzy on the details.

Jim

As long as you keep the wallet open and unlock to stake then you are one of the stakeholders. The point is to keep the network as secure as possible and only people staking can make that happen. Along with gaining more BTCD, the dividend is pretty much an incentive since so much of SuperNET will be riding on BTCD. There is also mention of checking how long each user stakes to determine fairness of dividend so that opening the wallet once a month for a few hours doesn't gain the same benefit as someone that always keeps theirs' open. Basically, you are rewarded twice over for keeping the wallet open and staking.

NICE... However it says the dividends will be paid to an associated nxt addy? how does that work.

you pick a public BTCD address to use. It doesnt have to have much BTCD in it. The software will automatically map this address to a NXT address (using its privkey), then it will make a NXT alias so that you can use the same public BTCD address even inside NXT

James

How do I 'pick a public BTCD address to use'?    And I assume I want to use the addy that holds all my btcd.
unless you want to impress girls, the public address should probably have a minimal amount of btcd.

edit: just make a new address and it is your public address, or you can just use the address you have already been using. I am just nervous to publish accts with any big amounts in them

Ok, now I am confused,  How does it know I am staking X amount of coins if the addy I publish is empty?

edit:

Example:

1.  John has 1200 BTCD in a personal wallet and the wallet is currently staking at approx 5% year.
2.  John wants to publish his addy so he can receive the extra income from superNet to btcd stakeholders.

Question2.  How does the program know he is staking 1200 coins if the address he publishes is a new one?

Jim

sorry for all the questions, trying to understand what is going on.  I cannot find documentation other then the white paper and infomationsl PDF on superNet site.

all staking is visible on the blockchain. doesnt matter who controls the address for the staking based rewards as the dividend will be sent to the staking address (assuming it is bigger than some minimum level)

CoinMarketApp

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

Coin Market Apps

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 10:54:39 PM

We are considering BTCD to be added in the very first days of the release at: Coin Market App Let your voices be heard about getting BitcoinDark (BTCD) added into the mobile app. Smiley

Think we can compile a list of links to show up when people click on 'BitcoinDark' Link Directory?
Please feel free to tell us in the thread what should be added at Coin Market App ..

RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:27:47 AM

Why does it already have over 200pages and has been growing much faster than BTCD. I did come on here to fight. I like BTCD, I think they can work well together. Smiley

I took a look when they first launched and labeled it a BTCD wannabe.

But in the spirit of Unity I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a second look see  Smiley

JJ

I took a look at it a week or two ago (sometime during their pump) and didn't see any new tech/innovation.  Unless something has changed, it looks like they are just playing off of the popularity of BTCD.  Either way, who wants LitecoinDark when you have BitcoinDark?  I mean, would you rather own Litecoin or Bitcoin?

As a random side note, I would love nothing more than to see Litecoin get dethroned from its 2nd place in market cap.  It's held onto that place for far too long and I believe it no longer deserves it, especially with all the new innovations that are out there.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:40:25 AM

To testers, I pushed a new version. Please ./m_unix so we sync to the new version

It has a new API call:
./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"getPservers"}'

this triggers the remote node to send:
{"requestType":"publishPservers","NXT":"13434315136155299987","Pservers":["209.126.70.159","162.248.163.43","209.126.70.170","209.126.70.156"],"firstPserver":0,"Numpservers":4,"xorsum":2196080243}

In addition to helping synchronize routing, this is also debugging remote API calls.

Over 20 source files have changed, so I hope I didnt break anything. I had to create an entirely new data structure for the IP address oriented data. This is put into a hashtable and linked to the normal account data in its own hashtable. I am having to maintain the privacyServer (Pservers) that all the other nodes know about so that I can make sure to not put it in an onion layer where it wont be able to route. At least for the hops that are not  the last hop

To fix the routing problem basically an entirely parallel data structure had to be made. A bunch of other small changes and I am not quite happy with the handshaking, but I think it should be much improved.

Still need to propagate a new node appearing without flooding the network, not sure the best way yet, but slowly things are getting more and more solid and more and more functional

James

Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:27:13 AM

SHossain

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:33:46 AM

errmm.. now here is a real newb Windo$e question:

I would expect them to be the same as in bitcoin.

Did my build screw up the drop down menus with the access to the wallet file functions?
Or is Bitcoind-qt not supposed to have these?

BitcoinDarkd accessed with RPC should have them, but can anyone give me a hint just to be sure?

as opposed to:

Thanks!

If you are using Ubuntu 14.04.1 with gnome desktop environment, when the BTCD wallet is active, look at top-left corner for File, Settings & Help menu. I was lost for the first time as well. But working perfect for me now.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:45:09 PM

Jim

James

edit:

Example:

Jim

all staking is visible on the blockchain. doesnt matter who controls the address for the staking based rewards as the dividend will be sent to the staking address (assuming it is bigger than some minimum level)

I understand how simple staking works, my wallet is getting paid normally.

Lets start over:

according to this document:  http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf

Code:
Revenues received from the services detailed above and any others added by participating 
cryptocurrencies will be distributed in the following proportions:
 5 percent for BTCD stakers, via an associated NXT address

Please explain how the BTCD stakers will get paid?     

James said I just publish a BTCD addy that does not have coins in it.. How then does the payment system know how much to pay me.. do I also associate the empty btcd addy with the one staking?  How is this done..Huh

SHossain

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:46:22 PM

New BTCD blockchain explorer http://explorebtcd.info/ Still need a lot of things to change. eg. latest transaction and amount. It would be nice to see staked amount with each block. I'm not a dev, doing my best I can with this for the BTCD community. If you visit the site from a mobile phone or tablet with camera, you will be able to use it to scan QR codes and search.
I'll try to make a rich list as well. I have no idea how yet, will look for info.

Any feedbacks are welcome.

BTCDDev please update the OP - Block Explorers. Thanks.
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:43:28 PM

New BTCD blockchain explorer http://explorebtcd.info/ Still need a lot of things to change. eg. latest transaction and amount. It would be nice to see staked amount with each block. I'm not a dev, doing my best I can with this for the BTCD community. If you visit the site from a mobile phone or tablet with camera, you will be able to use it to scan QR codes and search.
I'll try to make a rich list as well. I have no idea how yet, will look for info.

Looks great!

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at explorebtcd.info Port 80
lakala

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:50:52 PM

Just a note, I don't know if somebody else have posted it, but it seems like that cryptsy have fixed the BTCD withdrawal problem, is was able to get 100+ BTCD out in less than 15 min :-)

But i still better like bittrex.

Any one know if its best to buy

btc -> BTCD or BTC -> NXT -> BTCD

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:VikSbFcj3ogVByPajAYzvuAEoWir9shYNZ
SHossain

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Looks great!

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at explorebtcd.info Port 80

Thanks noashh. Apologies from the server, still under development. Sometimes the insight-server stops working. I will look for the solution. Smiley
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

Jim

James

edit:

Example:

Jim

I understand how simple staking works, my wallet is getting paid normally.

Lets start over:

according to this document:  http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf

Code:
Revenues received from the services detailed above and any others added by participating 
cryptocurrencies will be distributed in the following proportions:
 5 percent for BTCD stakers, via an associated NXT address

Please explain how the BTCD stakers will get paid?     

James said I just publish a BTCD addy that does not have coins in it.. How then does the payment system know how much to pay me.. do I also associate the empty btcd addy with the one staking?  How is this done..Huh

Do you understand that when you are staking, the address that stakes is recorded on the blockchain?
so if you stake, your address that staked is recorded
this has nothing to do with your public address
ALL BTCD addresses that stake will get recorded
Each time an address stakes, it will get a share
all shares added up to calculate each addresses proportion
total dividend is divided by number of shares to calculate BTCD per share
each address is allocated its BTCD based on this
BTCD is sent to each address according to the shares

Let us say there are 30000 blocks that staked in a month and 300 BTCD is the total dividend amount. Each staking is thus worth 300/30000 = .01 BTCD. If your addresses staked a total of 55 times, that would be 0.55 BTCD total, but since we dont know who controls what BTCD address, the .55 BTCD would be sent proportionally to each address you have based on the number of times they staked.

I hope this is clear enough

James

SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 01:13:07 AM

We are considering BTCD to be added in the very first days of the release at: Coin Market App Let your voices be heard about getting BitcoinDark (BTCD) added into the mobile app. Smiley

Think we can compile a list of links to show up when people click on 'BitcoinDark' Link Directory?
Please feel free to tell us in the thread what should be added at Coin Market App ..

This is a good idea.. I'm interested in helping add some suggestions for links.

Other guys came to support, that's cool, let's keep it up guys.

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
cl5150

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:43:13 AM

Hello, bought some more BTCD off an exchange and not my wallet won't stake? Coins are at least 24 hours old. Says 20 hrs till stake but shows none of my coins as staking? Thanks in advance. Was staking fine before I bought more.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:13:10 AM

Do you understand that when you are staking, the address that stakes is recorded on the blockchain?

Let us say there are 30000 blocks that staked in a month and 300 BTCD is the total dividend amount. Each staking is thus worth 300/30000 = .01 BTCD. If your addresses staked a total of 55 times, that would be 0.55 BTCD total, but since we dont know who controls what BTCD address, the .55 BTCD would be sent proportionally to each address you have based on the number of times they staked.

James

James.  I understand how staking works..

Please bear with me.. I must be missing something simple about this...

What about the payments above and beyond the normal staking.. from superNet.

from this doc  http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf

It says that  5% of payments for supernet stuff will go to BTCD stakers---
5 percent for BTCD stakers, via an associated NXT address

...  are the payments above and beyond the normal staking???

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:15:03 AM

Guys please help me set up wallet staking.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:17:38 AM

James

James.  I understand how staking works..

Please bear with me.. I must be missing something simple about this...

What about the payments above and beyond the normal staking.. from superNet.

from this doc  http://www.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/5/6/38564127/supernet.pdf

It says that  5% of payments for supernet stuff will go to BTCD stakers---
5 percent for BTCD stakers, via an associated NXT address

...  are the payments above and beyond the normal staking???

btcd addresses are mapped to nxt addresses.

so what you have to do to get the extra from superNET is stake btcd.
only people who stake btcd will be eligible for the superNET dividends.
you will get the dividends on top of the btcd staking interest which will be transfered to your corresponding nxt address.

i hope this makes it a bit clearer?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: