Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:32:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:56:55 PM

Listening now Cassius..... great job so far man!  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-19-supernet

Network stake: 557,469 Shocked

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 10:07:38 PM

Listening now Cassius..... great job so far man!  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-19-supernet

Smiley I don't think there's a correlation between those 2 things
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

Listening now Cassius..... great job so far man!  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-19-supernet

Smiley I don't think there's a correlation between those 2 things

Lol, I agree.  I've been watching the stake closely and figured it was a great opportunity to provide an update Wink.  Just like it is now.... we're all over the place with stake weight

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

Truly well done on "Beyond Bitcoin" Mr. Cassius Wink!!!!  If you have not listened, I urge you to do so.....

NW Stake:  177,111

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:06:35 PM

cheap btcd's on trex Smiley
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:16:53 PM

Hey everyone,
there's a 'working draft' of the white paper available. If you're not on Slack already, please sign up and take a look in the whitepaper channel.
I'm looking for pretty robust feedback - I want this to be as useful a document as possible. It's necessarily technical, but I don't want it to be needlessly so - whilst still explaining everything it needs to.
Keep it constructive, but I have a fairly thick skin so don't hold back.
From a marketing perspective it may make sense to have a different doc - or a series of docs - but this is a starting point for confidence in BTCD/SuperNET's tech.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:31:49 PM

Hey everyone,
there's a 'working draft' of the white paper available. If you're not on Slack already, please sign up and take a look in the whitepaper channel.
I'm looking for pretty robust feedback - I want this to be as useful a document as possible. It's necessarily technical, but I don't want it to be needlessly so - whilst still explaining everything it needs to.
From a marketing perspective it may make sense to have a different doc - or a series of docs - but this is a starting point for confidence in BTCD/SuperNET's tech.

Could you post a link to slack channel?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:33:46 PM

Hey everyone,

https://sprnt.slack.com/messages/whitepaper/
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:34:30 PM

cheap btcd's on trex Smiley
whale dumper is back, but much smaller amounts this time

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:35:48 PM

Hey everyone,

https://sprnt.slack.com/messages/whitepaper/
If you need an invite to slack, just PM me your email address

YesOrNo

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:01:42 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 06:17:33 PM by YesOrNo

I'm also wondering whether going open source is a good idea or not. If a clone platform comes out where fees are half the price, won't ordinary everyday users who want things like cloud storage just go with the cheapest option? This isn't like Bitcoin, since the value of this platform is derived from the services not from a currency... I therefore anticipate clones to be more damaging than ordinary coin clones.

Wonder what James thinks about this.  In my opinion, I really like the openness of SuperNET.  That's really the way it should be in the crypto world.

In my opinion it would be insane to give code to scammers to copy. As we all see James working hard weeks and source have to be closed at least 3-6 months.
Can somebody tell me who first announced and create principles SuperNet(or whatever you want name it) network and how it will work ?
Soon it turned out that the same idea has been copied ( probably someone will say that was a coincidence /for sure in an environment where 99,9 percent ideas are copied )
Certainly they have a spy close to James or they want him to be closer
dot.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:25:48 PM

I'm also wondering whether going open source is a good idea or not. If a clone platform comes out where fees are half the price, won't ordinary everyday users who want things like cloud storage just go with the cheapest option? This isn't like Bitcoin, since the value of this platform is derived from the services not from a currency... I therefore anticipate clones to be more damaging than ordinary coin clones.

Wonder what James thinks about this.  In my opinion, I really like the openness of SuperNET.  That's really the way it should be in the crypto world.

In my opinion it would be insane to give code to scammers to copy. As we all see James working hard weeks and source have to be closed at least 3-6 months.
Can somebody tell me who first announced and create principles SuperNet(or whatever you want name it) network and how it will work ?
Soon it turned out that the same idea has been copied ( probably someone will say that was a coincidence /for sure in an environment where 99,9 percent ideas are copied )
dot.

Internet of coins published a similar concept a couple weeks before I announced SuperNET, but their solution wasnt described and it turned out to be a totally different approach.

After getting 5700+ BTC and almost 1000 different investors and about 6 weeks later, we are seeing projects with similar approaches to SuperNET or at least in the same space.

I have opened sourced even my active dev branch. https://github.com/jl777, so no need to infiltrate a spy, just follow my commits.

If there are any clone devs who are able to keep up with me, I want to hire them! A privacy solution that is closed source is DOA in my opinion. Any single subtle bug and all the anonymity is gone. Even Tor, which is a significant project, is always getting this attack or that. Imagine a closed source project, anything would be possible. So, any anon tech that is not open source, I recommend to avoid.

Now, if anybody wants to use a clone of BTCD with a clone of SuperNET using a clone of NXT using a clone of the SuperNET GUI, instead of the original, well, why would they? What happens if there is a bug due to a mistake in the cloning or some subtle algo problem that requires the original author to fix it? it is quite likely that if any significant part of the total solution is changed, nothing will work.

I dont think you realize how difficult it is to get a stable system as complex as what I am building. Even timing dependencies are important. It is like taking the engine and transmission from one car and just expecting to pop it into another. will it work? probably to some degree. will it perform at maximum levels where the wind resistance is tuned along with using the heat output to recharge the batteries to give extra battery voltage, which allows some extra feature, which is needed for another, etc.

Since I am coding and coding and not spending the time to document the specific reasoning for all the choices, that means just cut and paste will make, another SuperNET node!

Now LTC has maintained 1/100 to 1/30'th of BTC value and this is probably about right for a clone. With SuperNET worth several million, that means a clone will be worth less than $100K
It takes a lot more than 1000 hours to create something like BTCD + SuperNET.

Also, the 5700 BTC gives some protection to SuperNET and thus BTCD as without it, I just dont see getting many coins to cooperate. Without significant funding, there is no "glue" to bind together a supernetwork and after the blocknet result, I doubt any clone scammer will be able raise any significant amount of funding.

James

halum

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:50:24 PM

Dividends in BTC for BTCD Holders

BitcoinDark will be the first cryptocurrency to pay regular dividends in a form other than itself, in a game-changing new development that will shift the way investors view different currencies.

A percentage of revenues generated from InstantDEX and Teleport fees will be paid to BTCD holders. Payments can be made in any currency or asset, to the associated address in the BTCD wallet’s built-in asset exchange.

BitcoinDark is the only cryptocurrency that will reward holders with income denominated in Bitcoin.

**Proof of Stake Reward**: 5% per year
**Minimum Coin Stake Age**: 8 hours

It appears as though the BitcoinDark wallet automatically disables the staking feature if the user encrypts the wallet; therefore, any BTCD holder who encrypt their BitcoinDark wallet will not be able to stake and as a result, will not receive 5% interest on the BTCDs in their wallet.  If this is correct, then those who are security minded and choose to enable encryption on their BitcoinDark wallet are being penalized for trying to protect their BTCDs in the most basic way and usually recommended by crypto-currencies security professionals.

Is there a current plan for a work around this staking problem?

Thank you.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:53:34 PM

Dividends in BTC for BTCD Holders

BitcoinDark will be the first cryptocurrency to pay regular dividends in a form other than itself, in a game-changing new development that will shift the way investors view different currencies.

A percentage of revenues generated from InstantDEX and Teleport fees will be paid to BTCD holders. Payments can be made in any currency or asset, to the associated address in the BTCD wallet’s built-in asset exchange.

BitcoinDark is the only cryptocurrency that will reward holders with income denominated in Bitcoin.

**Proof of Stake Reward**: 5% per year
**Minimum Coin Stake Age**: 8 hours

It appears as though the BitcoinDark wallet automatically disables the staking feature if the user encrypts the wallet; therefore, any BTCD holder who encrypt their BitcoinDark wallet will not be able to stake and as a result, will not receive 5% interest on the BTCDs in their wallet.  If this is correct, then those who are security minded and choose to enable encryption on their BitcoinDark wallet are being penalized for trying to protect their BTCDs in the most basic way and usually recommended by crypto-currencies security professionals.

Thank you.

you can stake with encrypted wallet
just unlock wallet and make sure the "for staking only" is selected

RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

Wonder what James thinks about this.  In my opinion, I really like the openness of SuperNET.  That's really the way it should be in the crypto world.

dot.

Bitcoin has been "copied" hundreds/thousands of times by scammers.  That doesn't make Bitcoin any weaker or less relevant.  What no one can make a copy of is Satoshi.  Along the same lines, no one can make a copy of jl777. 

Unless of course, James has an identical twin brother who is equally as intelligent, then someone could kidnap Jame's twin brother and force him code for them.

halum

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:16:43 PM

Thank you.

you can stake with encrypted wallet
just unlock wallet and make sure the "for staking only" is selected

Hi jl777,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did what you suggested and the BTCDs in my wallet in currently staking.

Cheers!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:33:24 PM

The latest shift for the BitcoinDark multipool paid out over 60 BTCD.

We need more mining support. It is down 40% from several weeks ago. Help and point your old ASIC's to the pool and pick up more and more of these cheap BTCD while we still can!

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:29:58 AM

Added "stop", "start", "GUIpoll" and "settings" API calls

This allows the SuperNET to be stopped and restarted. Especially useful after the settings API is used to modify the SuperNET.conf. GUIpoll allows the GUI to receive the results of pending requests. With these, I believe all the interface API are in place, so the GUI can be completed.

Now I go back to debugging teleport, current status there is that maketelepods creates telepods and telepodacct displays the telepods that you have, including the changing status. It should also display all the transactions relative to a specific contact or coin or everything.

Also, the contacts API appears to work fine.

James

P.S. also fixed a subtle and small info leak in onion construction, thanks to discussions with Cassius

jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:11:09 PM

This allows the SuperNET to be stopped and restarted. Especially useful after the settings API is used to modify the SuperNET.conf. GUIpoll allows the GUI to receive the results of pending requests. With these, I believe all the interface API are in place, so the GUI can be completed.

Now I go back to debugging teleport, current status there is that maketelepods creates telepods and telepodacct displays the telepods that you have, including the changing status. It should also display all the transactions relative to a specific contact or coin or everything.

James

P.S. also fixed a subtle and small info leak in onion construction, thanks to discussions with Cassius

Thanks for the frequent updates James. Keep up the good work!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 12:34:18 PM

James

Thanks for the frequent updates James. Keep up the good work!
no problem. I feel like I am not making much progress as I never get to where I can debug teleport itself, but all these other things need to be in place for a user friendly GUI based solution.

I added a mode with "settings" API that allows the entire SuperNET.conf file to be replaced, so the first time you run the GUI, it can walk you through the basic variables that are needed and make a working SuperNET.conf. Then it can automatically relaunch the SuperNET, so from the end user point of view, it should just look like it works.

Then there will be a settings page where you can see and change each setting, so the forms on this page just call the settings API to update a specific field.

James

Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: