Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 04:01:12 AM

The latest shift for the BitcoinDark multipool paid out over 32 BTCD.

We need to have some more mining support over here at this pool It has been pretty good until the past few weeks. The lower prices are a perfect reason to point more hash at the pool. These low prices won't last for much longer as BTCD and SuperNET are nearing their v1 release.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:22:14 AM

Some believe that the most popular Darkmarket coin will be 'second only to Bitcoin', assuming Bitcoin stays where it is.

Does anyone have any ideas about how this might play out regarding BTCD, Monero, Darkcoin etc

Perhaps the first really successful decentralized marketplace will choose a coin and that will be it. A decentralized Silk Road that is so unbreakable and long lasting that it gets a lot of mainstream media attention. I think that could be it.

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 07:24:32 AM

Hi FUDder, please leave
McDoxy1

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:41:24 AM

Hi FUDder, please leave

Who are you referring to?
Fern definitely asked a legitimate question.

@Fern:
That could be a realistic scenario.
But another possibility is that people looking for a anonymous marketplace to trade on will look for the marketplace with the best privacy coin, which might decide the race. Or it won't be decided through decentralized marketplaces at all. Who knows.
satoutaka6612

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:55:30 AM

I have a question about after the start of the supernet

* Dividends in BTC for BTCD Holders
  This is, what if there is more than one address in one of the purse?

Dividend is linked to purse
Or
Dividend is linked to the address?
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:19:11 AM

Hi FUDder, please leave

@Fern:
But another possibility is that people looking for a anonymous marketplace to trade on will look for the marketplace with the best privacy coin, which might decide the race. Or it won't be decided through decentralized marketplaces at all. Who knows.

I'm not FUDing around here Badass, I'm a NXT, SuperNet and BTCD supporter from way back. And thanks McDoxy1 for your view.

I was hoping James would chime in on now he might see it all panning out over the next few years.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:30:53 PM

Hi FUDder, please leave

@Fern:

I'm not FUDing around here Badass, I'm a NXT, SuperNet and BTCD supporter from way back. And thanks McDoxy1 for your view.

I was hoping James would chime in on now he might see it all panning out over the next few years.

With the year coming to an end and the big tech release inching closer and closer, we'll have a better idea before too long Smiley.  As long as all James' tech comes to fruition, I don't see how BTCD couldn't be ranked at the top of the privacy/anon coins.

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
McDoxy1

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:33:39 PM

BTCD has the best anon tech to date, and combined with SuperNET I wouldn't be suprised if we would see a price of 0,05 sometime next year or the year after.
DarkCity

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:32:12 PM

Some believe that the most popular Darkmarket coin will be 'second only to Bitcoin', assuming Bitcoin stays where it is.

Does anyone have any ideas about how this might play out regarding BTCD, Monero, Darkcoin etc

Perhaps the first really successful decentralized marketplace will choose a coin and that will be it. A decentralized Silk Road that is so unbreakable and long lasting that it gets a lot of mainstream media attention. I think that could be it.

Look at it from the user's perspective.

There are a million easy ways to go FIAT->BTC->Marketplace

The average user probably doesn't care to add an extra step to the process with FIAT->BTC->PrivacyAltcoin->Marketplace

I think BitcoinDark will be good for use in any type commerce, like Bitcoin is.  It will be too powerful of a system to be restricted to just the darknet.
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:49:30 PM

When I try to open the client it says:

"A fatal error occured ...

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
init_blockindex(): error opening database environment Corruption: 56 missing files"

Made a system restore two days ago. What should I do now? Wanna keep staking Wink
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:53:02 PM

Freemarket might fit this

I don't know enough about openbazaar to comment on how decentralized it is, but perhaps OB is worth looking into

Look at it from the user's perspective.

There are a million easy ways to go FIAT->BTC->Marketplace

The average user probably doesn't care to add an extra step to the process with FIAT->BTC->PrivacyAltcoin->Marketplace

I think BitcoinDark will be good for use in any type commerce, like Bitcoin is.  It will be too powerful of a system to be restricted to just the darknet.

I am guessing you will be able to do fiat -> btcd -> marketplace with supernet. maybe coinomat will be nice enough to implement this

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:59:02 PM

I have a question about after the start of the supernet

* Dividends in BTC for BTCD Holders
  This is, what if there is more than one address in one of the purse?

Dividend is linked to purse
Or
Dividend is linked to the address?
BTCD stakers will be paid in BTCD, the BTC (NXT, etc) will be used to obtain the BTCD, which is then sent to the BTCD address

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 06:06:05 PM

Hi FUDder, please leave

@Fern:

I cant see any single currency being the only currency, that is just not natural. For every category, there will of course be the market leader, but there will usually be the number 2, 3, 4 and 5. All of them trying to climb up the ladder. The further down the ladder you go, the smaller it will get, but we will also see local currencies that are big fish in the small ponds

I think it will be more like the stock market than forex. The reason is that it used to take a nation state to create a viable new currency. Now, quite a bit less resources. So we will see many more, but the market only needs so many. While technically there will be thousands of currencies, the ones that thrive will be approx (Number of categories * 7)

I view crypto as a form of wealth, like fiat, gold, etc. I am working on a way to convert from any crypto to any other crypto, so it wont really be so apparent to the user which one they have, it would probably even be displayed in terms of fiat. Of course, internally it will need to all go through a single currency. I was thinking of using BTCD for that

James

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:52:34 PM

some whale is having way too much fun with the price

With the long Thanksgiving weekend, it could be an interesting four days in crypto.  Look for some bargains over the next 96 hours Smiley

Grin 193,411 Grin

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
flowerpots

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:39:13 PM

Hi FUDder, please leave

@Fern:

I cant see any single currency being the only currency, that is just not natural. For every category, there will of course be the market leader, but there will usually be the number 2, 3, 4 and 5. All of them trying to climb up the ladder. The further down the ladder you go, the smaller it will get, but we will also see local currencies that are big fish in the small ponds

I think it will be more like the stock market than forex. The reason is that it used to take a nation state to create a viable new currency. Now, quite a bit less resources. So we will see many more, but the market only needs so many. While technically there will be thousands of currencies, the ones that thrive will be approx (Number of categories * 7)

I view crypto as a form of wealth, like fiat, gold, etc. I am working on a way to convert from any crypto to any other crypto, so it wont really be so apparent to the user which one they have, it would probably even be displayed in terms of fiat. Of course, internally it will need to all go through a single currency. I was thinking of using BTCD for that

James

Don't know if this is posted before, but Andreas Antonopoulos would agree. Starting at 18 minutes he's talking about different currencies combined.

The Future of Bitcoin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo&list=PLdba36-UYQPeb2Gsq3ldC1bstxLBLlyUN

durdur23

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:42:57 PM

What's NW stake?

The network stake weight, or the total number of coins that are staking at any point in time.  If you are staking, hover over the green arrow in your wallet and it will display three things....

1) Your weight
2) NW stake weight
3) Expected time to earn reward

Right now we have 46k Network weight. Last time we had about >100k. Does this mean now half the ammount of coins is staking? What compounds to "network weight" and "your weight"?

Makes no sense to me that Network weight varies that much. BTCD is a explicit HODL-coin and I think majority of coinholders is staking.

Look at coin control in your wallet to get more insight into staking...
Or buy a High Stake coin that pays 200% or whatever to experiment and learn.

Large fluctuations in Network Weight...
Are generally caused by whales with large blocks staking (hi) and then recharging (lo).
Sorry for interrupt, but is BTCD still staking to give 5% interest per year?
I do understand fluctuation on NW, but I have never paid close to 5% annual rate(I am very well aware of how compound rate works and I have been staking for few months).
So I am just wondering if staking doesn't work as expected or skewed.
what rate are you getting?
are you on a Mac?
also, if you have small amount, variations can be large

one way to smooth out payout is to split into different addresses. theoretically it should be the same, but in practice is seems to boost the results

James

Thanks for the response.
I am using it on Windows and have some good amount.
I haven't really calculated the interest rate meticulously, but I used to get 50~80% of the expected interest and haven't really gotten more than expected daily interest.
I am aware that variance can happen, but I am just asking since I haven't really been on the above-average side(again, I don't calculate daily interest meticulously and I could be wrong).
The other thing is that not every BTCD holder is staking and thus, the actual interest rate should be higher than 5%(correct me if I am wrong since this is my assumption based on poor knowledge about staking).
I don't really care about interest as I am not investing for dividend, but I post a question since this topic showed up.
Thanks
about what percentage of staked blocks are rejected?
80% of expected is pretty good

Think I am getting 10~30% rejection rate.
Could you tell me what it means and why this happens?
Thanks
durdur23

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:50:12 PM

I was keeping record since I asked 5% stake interest (not long enough yet, just few days) time to time.

I have multiple computers so I just check and keep the number using  http://explorebtcd.info/bitcoindark-btcd-rich-list-top-500 and I just found out that the website shows little more balance (0.5 BTCD ish) than my actual wallet balance.

I don't know why and I don't really care, but I am just writing this on here since I think the dev of the website might be interested.
DarkCity

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:52:33 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 04:24:35 PM by DarkCity

I don't stake my BTCD often because I feel I am taking a risk every time I open my wallet and enter my password to stake.
I am worried about an attacker logging my password or stealing my private keys.

- Is it safe to stake my BitcoinDark using Windows on a public wifi at somplace like Mcdonald's?

- How should I educate myself in order to better secure my coins?

- Would studying linux or C programming help improve my security?

I felt secure in my setup.  Until a malicious tor exit node cleaned out ~3 btc from my blockchain.info wallet.  Now I feel like a noob
I created this DarkCity bitcointalk account using tor, and will only ever access it through tor using tails.

- Is it possible for an attacker to see where I am posting from?
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:55:45 PM

Hi FUDder, please leave

@Fern:

James

Don't know if this is posted before, but Andreas Antonopoulos would agree. Starting at 18 minutes he's talking about different currencies combined.

The Future of Bitcoin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo&list=PLdba36-UYQPeb2Gsq3ldC1bstxLBLlyUN

Very nice speech. When watchig I came up with the feeling that Andreas Antonopoulos is jl777  Grin Grin Grin
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 08:13:22 PM

I don't stake my BTCD often because I feel I am taking a risk every time I open my wallet and enter my password to stake.
I am worried about an attacker logging my password or stealing my private keys.

- Is it safe to stake my BitcoinDark using Windows on a public wifi at somplace like Mcdonald's?

- How should I educate myself in order to better secure my coins?

- Would studying linux or C programming help improve my security?

I felt secure in my setup.  Until a malicious tor exit node cleaned out ~3 btc from my blockchain.info wallet.  Now I feel like a noob
I created this DarkCity bitcointalk account using tor, and will only ever access it through tor using tails.

- Is it possible for an attacker to see where I am posting from?
Windows has the most malware
wifi is NOT secure at all
Tor is difficult to use properly

You are much better off staking occasionally and only from a hardline connection. Ideally a computer (laptop) that is only doing this and used for nothing else. You can unlock it for staking once and just leave it staking.

A lot of people get an old (inexpensive) laptop, install a fresh unix for this purpose. Learning unix will allow you to stop using Windows, so highly recommended

James

P.S. unless the attacker is actively trying to deanonymize you, going through Tor will protect you for forum activity, but never use Tor for crypto. Tor is not safe for crypto usage, it is for protecting your IP while using websites, but not foolproof due to its requirement for maintaining packet temporal response.

Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: