Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:56:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719045 times)
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:52:23 AM

I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.

Agreed, please let your PR guy Wizfarm know, as he is the one who started it when he discovered shadow html5 wallet got released first, else there would be no issues between the coins communities imho.

Great job to both dev teams, lack of professionalism on ur pr guy for starting that tho.

Shadowcon is a QT wallet.  And you Blackcoin/shadow coin guys have been attacking Wiz since he left BlackCoin.
We are not the ones coming over to your thread to troll it and speak total BS.

Wiz pointed out FACTS.  Shadowcon wallet is QT. That's why when you click the about tab it says QT !

I/Ocoin wallet is HTML5, that's why when you click about, it says HTML5 !

What a total load of garbage, when you click About QT of course you get a description of qt and when you click developers tools you get the html. Gawd is this really a debate here.

The mere fact you have left  "qt" out of every explanation saying When you click about tab instead of saying "About QT" like its really saying.

It appalls me, it shows you haven't even tried both wallets like everyone else here commenting on it and or you are twisting facts to make something an issue where it just isn't and it shows you are going off half cocked like some protective fool.

If you click developers tools its full of html in Shadow.. I don't know why we are even having this lame discussion but we are. We are here not as trolls but as community members trying to nip whatever this is; in the bud before it rots the connection we have to each other.

Some of you are trying to create a rift between crypto economies here that just wasn't and shouldn't be there including wiz... Are we so desperate now that we are reduced to coming to each others camps and calling them out on what...qt html vs node-js html cmon some love c++ baby! deal with it.

We are here because your developer came to our irc and started on about it. Clearly a bit neglected here and came to us for praise but really didn't get any because of the terrible comparison he was making.

We have maintained a relationship with wiz in our own irc and there has been no reason to fight or compete we have never publicly compared the two economies. He has many times always pitched his coin and updates to us in our irc chanel #shadowcash we have not complained we have not kicked him out we know that his wife is unwell and we care to know if she is alright and we like wiz but this was really uncalled for wiz and we need to put an end to this nonsense because you guys deserve to be congratulated on a really sexy html wallet.

Hats off and the themes are so pretty. Its exciting times; cutting a path into things crypto economies haven't done before within its apps but its no reason to fight like this and create rifts When we really should be tipping each other with our tokens and congratulating each other on the mix we put on things encouraging each other in positive jest rather then getting poisonous and overprotective..

Please this comparison is lame and must stop it is not becoming of anyone please find it inside of you to forget what the charts are saying and remember what you really are here for in the first place..The tech and dev collaboration and great relationships Smiley Again hats off to your team and community for supporting such a wonderful looking wallet and anyone that matters knows how much work went into it  and in the end thats all that should matter Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NSCoins

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:52:59 AM

I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.

Agreed, please let your PR guy Wizfarm know, as he is the one who started it when he discovered shadow html5 wallet got released first, else there would be no issues between the coins communities imho.

Great job to both dev teams, lack of professionalism on ur pr guy for starting that tho.

Shadowcon is a QT wallet.  And you Blackcoin/shadow coin guys have been attacking Wiz since he left BlackCoin.
We are not the ones coming over to your thread to troll it and speak total BS.

Wiz pointed out FACTS.  Shadowcon wallet is QT. That's why when you click the about tab it says QT !

I/Ocoin wallet is HTML5, that's why when you click about, it says HTML5 !

Your ignorance is showing mate. The about says QT because it uses QT core With Html5, C++ over top.

Both wallets are frontends over top of a core. for yours its the daemon. For shadow its the QT.

And yes this was started in our IRC.

Double Standards in here, lol
For one side the Dev asks for Respect and cut the BS as one is based on using the coind daemon and the other the qt as cores, both are full html5 interfaces.
And for the other side, the Community manager just cares about hyping and creating more conflict without understanding even the tech behind both coins, made my day rofl.
Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

Nice to see this thread finally spring to life! Cheesy a bit sad it's mostly arguments....

Change...is in the air.
You know why
surestrike

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:14:09 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 11:10:55 AM by surestrike

For anyone using the new wallets.

If you find any bugs or anything at all you think is not working as it should or if you have any suggestions,
please post them here or message StPatty.

I am using the windows 7 version (on another computer)

I have noticed when i click SEND.
It takes me to the Send I/Ocoins section. (as it should)  Smiley

In PAY TO.
I type my ions name, but it does not display in alphabetical order.

Also when i click on a address to send to, it should fill in the wallet address automatically.
But it does not for some reason, little bugs that i am sure will be resolved soon.

Also when i click on the Settings tab, i scroll to the bottom of the page, to import my addresses from the QT wallet and it jumps up a little to the skins/themes. I would like to see this fixed.

Also, when you import your address from the QT wallet, if you have your ions address linked to a ions name and you created a different label for the address, you will need to edit the address so it matches your ions name.  Which thankfully is very easy to do in the address book, by using the edit function.

Remember, this is just version 1 of many to follow.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:38:08 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 02:06:23 PM by mctaino

Hello Community;

I want to congratulate all the devs that have worked with me for so long  and so hard for all of us to have a superb currency. Today we have made some really important advances and we will continue down that path. Our community is not here to bash any other currency. We are here focused on our job with I/O Coin. We should all be proud that today we can choose between our qt based wallet and or our HTML5 wallet. This gives everyone the chance to have a fully functioning wallet in our blockchain.

Over the next few weeks our development will focus on Decentralized Aliases, Privacy and Features for the Wallets. I would like to also announce our html5 wallet theme contest. We are now going to give I/O Coins to the best looking themes. The winning  theme will be chosen by the community. Im going to leave a link to our github were u can find instructions on how to get started.

Thanks to everyone and great things to come from our entire team...

HTML5 Theme Prices

1st  Place   5,000 I/O Coins
2nd Place   3,000 I/O Coins
3rd  Place   1,000 I/O Coins

We would like to reach out to all html5 devs that would like to sell personalised themes on our website. We can display your personalised themes with I/O coin prices. So let the contest begin.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:19:30 PM

who cares!!

the wallet is really sexy indeed...i am waiting for win 8.1 version

and i mean sexy...as in Miami beach sexy!

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
incogdev

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:34:21 PM

So.

The I/O Coin HTML5 team is proud to present the I/O Coin HTML5 Wallet v1.0.0.
Supported Platforms

Windows 7 (32-bit binary). Tested on Windows 7 x64.
    Mac OS X 10.7+ (32-bit and 64-bit binaries). Tested on 10.8 and 10.9.

Unsupported Platforms

Windows XP (daemon crash)
    Windows 8 (daemon crash)
    OS X 10.6 and earlier (unsupported by node-webkit)
    Linux (experimental support, see below)

All other operating systems: Use at your own risk!
Installation (Windows)

Run the installer executable.
Do not change the installation folder or wallet will be unable to find the daemon executable.

Run wallet using shortcut in start menu, or by starting IOCoin HTML5 Wallet.exe.
Installation (OS X)

If you use a 32-bit system, download the 32-bit DMG. Otherwise, you may use either, but 64-bit is recommended.

Open the DMG, drag IOCoin.app into the Applications shortcut, then drag iocoind into the bin shortcut.

Run wallet by opening IOCoin.app.
Installation (Linux, Unsupported)

Compile the iocoin daemon from the source code.
    Copy the compiled iocoind into /usr/local/bin or a create a symlink in /usr/local/bin to where you have iocoind.
    Download the app.nw and the node-webkit runtime for Linux.
    Drag and drop app.nw onto the node-webkit binary. If it fails to run, you may need to modify the binary to find libudev. Please see here for more information.

FAQ

It crashed!/Something broke! Who do I yell at?

Take a screenshot of any information that appeared (e.g. any pop-ups). Send an email to iocoindev@gmail.com or talk to one of the mods in #iocoin on irc.freenode.net.

Where does the wallet store its settings?

On Windows: C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin\html5wallet.conf
    On OS X: /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Application Support/html5wallet.conf
    On Linux: ~/.iocoin/html5wallet.conf

How do I install a custom theme?

If it does not exist, create a themes folder inside the folder that contains html5wallet.conf (see above for exact location).
    Drop the theme's folder inside the themes folder you just created.
    The theme should now be selectable in the Settings tab.

How can I create a new theme?

Download the app.nw version of the wallet and the node-webkit runtime for your platform (the wallet uses v0.10.5 so we recommend this version for compatibility reasons).
    Rename app.nw to app.zip and unzip it into a folder.
    At the bottom of index.html, change DEBUG = false; to DEBUG = true;.
    Create a new CSS file in the css/themes folder.
    Copy img/no-preview.png and rename the copy to the same name as your .css file.
    Run the wallet by dropping the app folder (with index.html and package.json at top-level) onto the node-webkit executable.
    The debug tools will open with the wallet and the wallet will be using a "dummy" daemon.

How can I distribute my theme?

Create a new folder with the name of your theme somewhere on your computer (e.g. your desktop).
    Place your theme's CSS file inside and rename it to theme.css.
    Take a screenshot of your theme, crop and resize it so it's 195x150, and place it in the folder, renaming it to preview.png.
    Compress the folder into a ZIP file and share it with the world!

I would like to point out, i use Windows 8 and it is a horrible OS.  I am not surprised that the new wallet does not want to function correctly on this Operating System, but i am sure the Developers here will have it working in the next few weeks.

Also, we will hopefully see a wallet that you can lock, while staking, as this is a important feature. 

But this is just Version 1.  Look at Version 1 of Apple iPhone. 

I/Ocoin has still delivered. 

I don't think it works? Maybe a location error??
CryptRadio

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:33:18 PM

Just had the chance to download the HTML5 wallet!  Great job IO Coin team.  Can't wait to talk it up on next Wed fightclub. 
StPatty

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:44:46 PM

I don't think it works? Maybe a location error??

There is a small mistake, it should be "/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Application Support/IOCoin/html5wallet.conf". Sorry about that.

Some more advice if you cannot locate the file:
- Make sure you've run the wallet one or more times already, otherwise the file/folder will not exist yet.
- Your Library folder will probably be hidden. Press shift-command-G in Finder to open the Go To Folder dialog and enter the path manually.
StPatty

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:59:21 PM

Attention Windows 8 Users!

I have prepared a version of our HTML5 wallet which uses the original Qt wallet as the back-end rather than the RPC-only daemon. I have tested this wallet and it works on Windows 8 as intended, but it has not been thoroughly tested so it may not be stable.

DOWNLOAD

Any Windows 7 users who wish to run HTML5 and Qt at the same time can also download and use this wallet.

We are sorry that we were unable to get the daemon working on Windows 8 at this time. We have narrowed down the source of the crash but have not been able to figure out what causes it. Click here to view the crash log. If anyone is able to figure out the cause and fix the problem they can contact Wizfarm for a reward.

Best wishes!
incogdev

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:16:12 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 08:53:17 PM by incogdev

how do I use translations? I can't seem to find it

also why does my machine keep making calls to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/index.data.dws?coin=ioc

https://i.imgur.com/BwVHEtE.png
incogdev

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:22:01 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 11:11:15 PM by incogdev

Here's how you can make any coin use html5:
https://vid.me/xM4

nothing special about I/O

Here's the IOCoin source for anyone that wants it: https://filetea.me/default/#t1sy2v9Bz0nQ3ut0s7MjzeNXg
Just use jsbeautifier.org on the build.js Smiley its minified, but its relatively easy to figure out Smiley
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:08:56 AM

Here's the IOCoin source for anyone that wants it: https://filetea.me/default/#t1sy2v9Bz0nQ3ut0s7MjzeNXg
Just use jsbeautifier.org on the build.js Smiley its minified, but its relatively easy to figure out Smiley

Hmm, looks like I/O's source code out in the open for any coin to implement.  

I/O's "html5" wallet is not a real implementation... they basically just took a web front-end, and stuck it in a wrapper.  Anyone can do this, requires almost no real work.
StPatty

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:04:37 AM

Again, the copyright to the code is held by the I/O Coin Team. If individuals want to mod it to work with another coin, fine, but I don't think we will take kindly to other coins distributing modified versions of our code.

I know most alt-coins are 99.99% borrowed code + 5 minutes a "developer" spent changing the name of the coin, but we're actually trying to make something original here.

Hmm, looks like I/O's source code out in the open for any coin to implement.  

I/O's "html5" wallet is not a real implementation... they basically just took a web front-end, and stuck it in a wrapper.  Anyone can do this, requires almost no real work.

The source code is not out in the open, any more than the Google Docs source code is out in the open. Our wallet ships with a minified version of the code because that's the nature of Javascript.

As to "Anyone can do this, requires almost no real work", that's really insulting considering the amount of time I've worked on writing this wallet from scratch. What's your basis for making such a judgement? Have you ever made a wallet like this from scratch before? I don't think so, or you would know better.

I dare you to try to find this "web front-end" that we took from someone else and stuck in a wrapper, because that didn't happen and it doesn't exist. Period.
StPatty

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:10:28 AM

how do I use translations? I can't seem to find it

also why does my machine keep making calls to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/explorer/index.data.dws?coin=ioc
The wallet has not been translated yet. If there's demand for translations it will come in a future version.

The calls to cryptoid.info are to determine the current block height. Given your eagerness to dig into our code I'm surprised you didn't figure it out yet.  Wink
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:16:38 AM

There is no copyright nor any licensing... anyone can verify this.  Please stop making stuff up.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:33:56 AM

There is no copyright nor any licensing... anyone can verify this.  Please stop making stuff up.

Actually, according to copyright law, the act of creating an original 'work' (art, software, book, picture, etc..) is automatically covered with the creators copyright.  Symbols or statement of this copyright is not required.  Copyright symbols and registration of the 'work' grants the creator with grounds to sue not only for initial damages but for damages due to future loss.  Without registration, you could only sue for initial damages caused by the infringement.  If you want to copy the work you MUST get permission to copy the work and create derivatives of said work.  Absence of permission does not give you the 'green light'.
StPatty

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:24:09 AM

http://webdesign.about.com/od/copyright/f/no_cw_notice.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention

It is copyrighted, we never said otherwise. Please learn a bit about copyright before you make statements like this or accuse us of making stuff up.

We will add an explicit notice in future releases for people like yourself who are unaware of the Berne Convention or how copyright works.
eKiTeL

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:26:36 AM

won't work on my Mac: "Wallet daemon could not be found. Please re-install HTML5 wallet."
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:14:29 AM

won't work on my Mac: "Wallet daemon could not be found. Please re-install HTML5 wallet."

What version of OSX do you have?
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: