Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2018, 02:09:51 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 822464 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
grv

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:54:25 PM

here we go again, sounding like a broken record, its not working is it :p

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GooseNL

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:02:39 AM

Derrend, former VIA-angel has suddenly capitulated. Something has hit you recently. I will miss your poetry here.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 09:14:24 AM

Try and stay on topic boys.

its working as advertised, network is healthy, developer is alive
improvements to bitcoin are also improvements to viacoin and vice versa
Exactly this.
It was advertised to be more advanced than bitcoin which it is not and as for equating working on bitcoin as the same as working on viacon I don't think that holds weight either.
"I've just launched a new car company and raised lots of funds from investors, I'm going to spend those funds on developing a new engine for Ford now but don't worry because we're going to use the same engine in our cars so really I'm working on my company after all, sort of"

anyway, you owned like 10 dollars worth of viacoin in total so why are you frothing at mouth huh?
you keep repeating yourself, so why are you coming back over and over, ulterior motives?
You cannot know how much Via I do/don't hold and no, I'm not the crypto mafia.

Remember that Satoshi soon disappeard after the start of the BTC project.
You're trying to vindicate Draks extended leave of absence here but there is a crucial difference which is that Satoshi didn't hold an IPO but Drak did and he is beholden to his investors whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not.

Drak is an open source/decentralised crypto maximalist
So he's a transparency advocate? Lets review what we know so far:
  • Drak dumped Viacoin onto the exchanges after launch pushing the value of the stock his investors had purchased down like DiCaprio in wolf of wall street.
  • He outlines no roadmap for the project.
  • No time scales or deadlines.
  • He doesn't reveal how investor funds are allocated or spent.
  • He doesn't communicate what is actively being developed for viacoin or progress in these areas.
  • The fed is more transparent than Drak.

Drak has developed a scrypt based blockchain that is less advanced than bitcoin and full of empty blocks. Charlie Lee did the same thing for free and his network hashrate is at 1.65TH dwarfing viacoins 410 GH/s which used to be over 700 GH/s by the way and shows that the network is becoming less healthy @grv @btcdrak, a drop of over 40% since March of this year! link

There is a single metric that allows you to measure the success of the project directly and that is the viacoin price which is at $0.

A bunch of investors entrusted drak with their hard earned cash and in return they have received nothing but disrespect.
He purposefully devalued their assets and then disappeared, returning on occasion to feed them crumbs of information whenever he feels like it.

Do you know when the last viacoin blog post was? April 2015.

His philosophy is bogus, "If you build it, they will come" doesn't apply here, there is nobody on wall street looking at this inferior blockchain and thinking "look at that shitcoin that nobody is using, let's invest in that".

Network health is declining, user participation is non existent, the dev only communicates when he can be bothered or when there is unrest in the community which he causes by not communicating.

Viacoin currentlly sits at rank #164 on coinmarketcap with a value of $136,000. Less than half of the original investment amount.
This project is over, anyone who invested in it has lost everything. Only one person has benefited and that's Drak.

He should do the decent thing and shut up shop and return what's left of investor funds if he hasn't lost it all in the DAO implosion.

its working as advertised, network is healthy, developer is alive
None of the above @grv, none of the above at all. Show me a chart, show me something, show me anything Huh

I ask you to address these points and you come back with this meaningless garbage:

here we go again, sounding like a broken record, its not working is it :p
Derrend, former VIA-angel has suddenly capitulated. Something has hit you recently. I will miss your poetry here.

Drak took $300,000 from a group of investors and handed them a bunch of worthless tokens.
The health and security of the network has fallen 40% in the last four months.
He hasn't delivered on his promise to keep the coin relevant and up to date or ahead of bitcoin core.
I bet he didn't register his windfall with the HMRC.

I should imagine the two of you are Viacoin holders so why are you defending Drak? Let him stick up for himself.
He isn't going to make you rich no matter how much allegiance you pledge to him.

You talk about the health of the network. I shot you down.
You talk about active development. I shot you down.
You talk about viacoin working as advertised. I shot you down.

You haven't addressed a single point I've raised.
You've got nothing to show me, absolutely nothing have you?

If anyone is wondering how easy it is to launch their own version of the Viacoin network, here is the git repo that does it for you.
If you're running linux, open a terminal and enter:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/coinclone/cloner.git
cd cloner
bash setup.sh viacoin
You should be up and running within 30 minutes, then you can launch your own IPO just like Drak.
Free of charge.
grv

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:46:00 AM

Try and stay on topic boys.

another diatribe, why am i not surprised, go ahead do it again :p
everything has been answered before
did you even read through this entire thread? i sure did
or did you get hit by that other alts faceplant and came here to vent your frustration?

derrend

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:26:25 PM

did you get hit by that other alts faceplant and came here to vent your frustration?
No, I never owned DAO or ETH.

Viacoin is worth $0. All investors are bankrupt, they have lost 100% of their money.
Drak should do the decent thing and return what is left of their funds or at least offer them the opportunity.

How can you have a problem with what I am saying?

If you are seeing success somewhere in all of this then please point it out to me.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1160

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:29:55 PM

Wasn't VIA crowdsale price like 6k satoshi and then went up to like 71k?

derrend

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:55:45 PM

The price went up for about a month. Consider that a successful project do you?
Worth over a quarter of a million dollars in fees you think?
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1160

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:06:40 PM

The price went up for about a month. Consider that a successful project do you?

I consider this as not a hyped project. The original investors got the chance to get out with profit. I have also lost significant amount of money on VIA (didn't participated in the crowdsale, but I did mined it with 420 MH, which was a big deal back in the days), because I have sold my portion pretty late, but I'm not blaming btcdrak for this. It was my decision. Currently VIA is more secured than most of the coins, it is fast and there was much more development than plenty of others and... it works. Personally I think that if someone wants VIA to succeed, then he/she can offer his help. Otherwise... just leave it to others. There is something else, which worth mentioning. btcdrak could have disappear just like that, but he didn't... He is here and obviously he will continue to develop the coin. So what is that you really want?

gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:03:56 PM

Currently VIA is more secured than most of the coins, it is fast and there was much more development than plenty of others and... it works. Personally I think that if someone wants VIA to succeed, then he/she can offer his help. Otherwise... just leave it to others. There is something else, which worth mentioning. btcdrak could have disappear just like that, but he didn't... He is here and obviously he will continue to develop the coin. So what is that you really want?

well said

+1
exactly what i've replied to him few days ago.

It's doing, instead of demanding... or waiting.
that's your choice.
grv

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:31:46 PM

what do you guys think about getting added to https://bitsquare.io/ ?

its open source decentralized exchange
in principle similar to openbazaar which is a full market place,
where bitsquare is a specialized currency exchange

its uses multisignature addresses so your coins wont be stolen
by/from centralized "exchanges" (gox, craptsy, mintpal, poloniex, stamp, etc)
cant be ddosed, trades are anonymous, so is usage (no registration/kyc, so no identity theft)

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Trading crypto, seeking wormholes @CryptoMessiah

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:38:06 PM

This coin is shit through and through, but many are bagholding from 20k satoshi+.  I don't think an exit pump would be unrealistic, but we might be past that point.
GooseNL

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:10:34 PM

This coin is shit through and through
A troll, hmmm. Interesting.
jokumat

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:47:23 PM

It was clear btcdrak gave up on this coin a long time ago. More than 600 bitcoins were collected in July 2014. Little of it was used for development.

I am sorry so many people keep their delusions until this day

With hindsight I must say that masternode was right about btcdrak

gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1102

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:07:41 PM

imho, it is clear there is accumulation going on with this coin since weeks. Charts don't lie.

It is also clear there are people coming here with a 'fud' agenda,
probably because the price suppression strategy doesn't go as fast as they would,
so they come here to post and try to speed up things.

you don't have to be a genius to see this,
1+1=2
grv

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:00:10 PM

imho, it is clear there is accumulation going on with this coin since weeks. Charts don't lie.

It is also clear there are people coming here with a 'fud' agenda,
probably because the price suppression strategy doesn't go as fast as they would,
so they come here to post and try to speed up things.

1+1=2

three huge accumulation spikes since february,
which drained entire bottom sell side, up to a specific range (around 30% of entire supply)
and which, for months now, isnt getting filled up back anymore (hence the fud scheme)
so the math is really that simple :p

derrend

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 10:18:31 PM

probably because the price suppression strategy doesn't go as fast as they would <like>, so they come here to post and try to speed up things.
When referring to a coin that has lost 99% of it's value in the last two years, comments like this are a new kind of stupid or delusion.

1 - 0.99 = FailCoin
grv

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:51:09 PM

So you admit this coin is only for daytrading and not a via-ble investment?
I have to say no because I bought in a few weeks ago and have put those coins away as a long term investment, however I did also buy in a few months after the ICO but as the price continued to decline I dumped them because staying in a losing trade is not sensible.

Viacoin is roughly 0.5 US cents at the moment. If the $ falls before the end of the decade (likely in my opinion) and VIA reaches $1 or if over the next four years sidechains tech gets better (also likely) and people continue to adopt crypto then hopefully there will be some profit to be made here.

Drak doesn't need to be the most vocal developer in the world, he just has to keep the tech up to date and reliable. The rest should inevitably take care of itself.
There is nothing pump and dump about this coin cuz Drak wont let us pump it Tongue

thats some "long term" :p

derrend

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 11:53:28 PM

thats some "long term" :p
That was before the hash rate stats and new price lows came to my attention. I was in an idealistic frame of mind and took for granted that the source code was compatible to bitcoin.
I didn't change my mind for fun.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1002

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:25:31 PM

Too bad for this coin ...the name was perfect ...

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ██              ██                                                                ██                    ██
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
██                   ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1002

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:26:21 PM

Please remove the future of digital currency and replace it with future of nothing and no one .

████████████████     ██                ██              ██    ▄████████████████      ████████████████     ▄████████████████▄    █████████████████▄
                     ██                ▀████████████████▀    ▄████████████████▄            ██             █████████████████     ██             ██
█████████████        ██                        ██                            ██            ██             ██             ██     ██             ██
████████████████     ████████████████          ██             ████████████████▀     ████████████████      ██             ██     ██             ██

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █

█     █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █

█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█    █
█     █
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████████████▀▀  █████
█████████████▀▀      ██████
██████████▀▀    ▄     ███████
███████▀▀     ▄█▀     █████████
███▀▀      ▄██▀       █████████
█████▄    ██▀        ██████████
████████ █          █████████
███████ █ ▄███▄▄   ████████
████████████████▄▄███████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
TOKEN GENERATION EVENT
JUNE 4 UNTIL JUNE 24  [ WHITEPAPER ]
[TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] [REDDIT] [STEEMIT]
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.