Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:09:55 AM

I have made a small presentation on Viacoin:

Edit:

Removed old link

New link: https://twitter.com/tedunite/status/662759486390706176?s=01

We have to raise some awareness with companies and people who are thinking about building an app on top of a blockchain.
who can beat me to make a better one? Shouldn't be too hard  Smiley

i like your initiative

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:18:58 PM

So ironically we were talking about twitter accounts yesterday and today twitter has locked my twitter account down saying it looks like someone is trying to compromise it and have locked it down. I'm in the process of resolving it, but unable to use the account at the moment.

Just followed you on Twitter...@ohyperjacked

I chatted with otoh on cryptsy today about Viacoin...

What's your plans if any going forward?

cheers

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:26:06 PM

I have made a small presentation on Viacoin:

Edit:
New link: https://twitter.com/tedunite/status/662759486390706176?s=01

We have to raise some awareness with companies and people who are thinking about building an app on top of a blockchain.
who can beat me to make a better one? Shouldn't be too hard  Smiley

That's great!
Well, I guess it should be part of 'blockchain' promotion and in that context be published on Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media.
2009 was about Bitcoin; it still is, but nevertheless this year it is also all about 'Blockchain' in general, and Via/Clearinghouse could be presented as one a secure and rubuste one.
Maybe someone could do a voiceover in native English. Anyone?
CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:46:52 PM

So ironically we were talking about twitter accounts yesterday and today twitter has locked my twitter account down saying it looks like someone is trying to compromise it and have locked it down. I'm in the process of resolving it, but unable to use the account at the moment.

cheers

what did otoh have to say?
Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:34:38 AM

cheers

what did otoh have to say?

I don't want to misquote him...and said come join us for a chat on bitcointalk sometime!

Hey Goose Babe! I'll do the voice overs...

Cheers!

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:20:26 AM

cheers

I thought Cryptsy was to be avoided like the plague right now?

So Viacoin is waiting to roll out the subsidy reduction hardfork in January (the community reduced the total subsidy to 23MM with halving in January).
There have been regular maintenance releases, another is due shortly.
Next year I'm planning to introduce a new opcode for a type of relative checklocktimeverify being the next piece in the puzzle for retroactive invalidation for more micropayment systems.

Thanks for the follow, I was unable to follow back due to my account being locked (Twitter informed me someone has been trying to compromise my account so I had some difficulties restoring my own access).
GooseNL

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:18:42 AM

Next year I'm planning to introduce a new opcode for a type of relative checklocktimeverify being the next piece in the puzzle for retroactive invalidation for more micropayment systems.

'Next piece of the puzzle' All right!
GooseNL

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:21:06 AM

Cool! Can you make a kind of sexy voice??  Wink  You will contact TedUnite?
Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:51:04 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 07:29:28 AM by Hyperjacked

Cool! Can you make a kind of sexy voice??  Wink  You will contact TedUnite?

Of course...my pleasure! Got some cool voice over ideas...

Just write some of your ideas down and PM me...I'm very busy right now but maybe by the end of next week.

Cheers

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
Ted Unite

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 12:26:48 PM

Just write some of your ideas down and PM me...I'm very busy right now but maybe by the end of next week.

Cheers

Hi Hyperjacked, Thanks! I will contact you this week (via PM)
Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:45:48 AM

Cheers

Hi Hyperjacked, Thanks! I will contact you this week (via PM)

Sounds good Ted! This week is a little nuts but I'm sure we will get something going soon!

cheers

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
grv

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:42:48 AM

So Viacoin is waiting to roll out the subsidy reduction hardfork in January (the community reduced the total subsidy to 23MM with halving in January).

Thanks for the follow, I was unable to follow back due to my account being locked (Twitter informed me someone has been trying to compromise my account so I had some difficulties restoring my own access).

getting close, this is where we are right now - not many coins left Grin

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
ViaShill

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:39:14 PM

not sure anyone here really cares, but you should.

Peter Todd no longer on the project.   Doesn't look like he contributed much (his own words):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3s9xtq/peter_todds_role_in_dev/cwvfhqz
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 10:30:08 PM

Peter Todd no longer on the project.   Doesn't look like he contributed much (his own words):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3s9xtq/peter_todds_role_in_dev/cwvfhqz

So.....  600 BTC went where exactly?

CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

REPLACEBYFEE

Here, I'll quote for you, because we all know clicking is hard for millennials.

It may also be of interest how Viacoin fits into this picture. Firstly, since Viacoin is based on Bitcoin Core it is a downstream project from Bitcoin Core. That means, anything that goes into Bitcoin may also end up in Viacoin. The fact remains that Bitcoin Core is the most active project with the most expertise and peer review in the cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Overall, my goal with Viacoin was to contribute positively to the ecosystem and that even if my project was not successful, that it would have a legacy that was useful for the world at large. The invention of bitcoin is an incredibly important invention for humanity and I want to see the technology develop and succeed.

This being the case, Peter and I agreed that it makes no sense to develop features in a vacuum because this stuff is hard and takes a long time to mature. Even if the target was for Viacoin (and in the example of CLTV, it was first deployed in Viacoin in January 2015), it makes sense that the BIPs and development work go on upstream with the aim of filtering back down. This ensures several criterion are met: that work is well peer reviewed and where possible contributions end up in Bitcoin Core and benefit everyone. If something is included in Bitcoin it must have been considered a good thing and is well peer reviewed and tested. Viacoin will benefit downstream: but the reverse is not true, something developed exclusively for Viacoin will never have the same level of quality.

All things being equal, if the feature/fix is merged to Bitcoin Core, that's a win for the Bitcoin ecosystem and for Viacoin which will get the feature downstream. If the feature is considered a bad idea as revealed by peer review, it stops a bad idea. If the idea is good but too radical for Bitcoin (which is hard to change because of it's size due to risks, or osification), then Viacoin is still at liberty to make the feature itself because Viacoin is much smaller. There almost no ossification and a lot less risks.

Peter is his own man, guided by his own lights. To be clear his principals about Bitcoin override everything. So I let him get on with Bitcoin Core work he wanted but didnt necessarily have time to do without being paid since paid consulting takes priority. I say this because it's not possible to have a conflict of interest with Peter involved, he will never do something he doesn't believe in and want to do in the first place.

I would like to comment about "number of commits". It may not be apparent to readers who are not directly involved in Bitcoin development, but writing code may actually be the least time consuming part of development. The amount of time required to even tests a patch cannot be underestimated. It can take a long time to get things right, and it may take a long time for reviewers to find problems. Unlike most other projects, it is incredible easy to introduce consensus bugs or introduce attack vectors with incredible consequences. Consensus systems really are difficult and code review, testing and security reviews are extremely time consuming. Even when one writes a patch, especially consensus or policy code it is very time consuming to do all the ancillary work of writing BIPs, discussion and championing the pull request and competing for reviewers (yes, literally there is competition to get stuff reviewed because there are so many patches and things going on).

Since all this blocksize debacle, I have also become very involved in Bitcoin Core helping where I can especially in the area of scalability, code review and testing. I can vouch it is entirely possible to spend weeks on end with very little material to show. It's just the nature of the work.

So whether you like or hate Viacoin, CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY for example, was materialsed because of it. That is to say, without paying Peter it is very unlikely the necessary work would have done the work on materialising CLTV and it would not have been deployed in Bitcoin today. I take no credit for CLTV, it is an invention of Peter Todd and Greg Maxwell, but I did provide the oil to make it happen. CLTV was deployed (enforced) in Viacoin in January 2015 and we're about to begin deployment in Bitcoin Core. CLTV is widely anticipated by service provider developers (wallets, micropayment channels, lightning network), and I've affectionally nicknamed it OP_HODL. RBF is another big contribution which has seen several iterations. That means a lot of code, and as yet still unmerged, although it seems likely this will be added soon.

Overall, Peter is an incredibly valuable asset to the Bitcoin community. There are very few people with the kind of deep understanding and attention to detail. It has been a privilege working with him.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ktfutura

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:05:53 AM

oh shit homes, he says

I was previously getting paid by viacoin to do Bitcoin Core dev work - I never actually contributed to Viacoin directly - but that ended a few weeks ago.
CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 05:38:45 PM

youre not a very good shill
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:10:26 PM

Btcdrak,

Did you get checktimeverify working with p2sh script signing? I have multisig working but since multisig validates with a template in script.cpp, the new op which adds op_if etc wont validate as there is no template for it, thus im not able to combine signatures using signrawtransaction.

The first leg of a multisig signing works, but doesnt combine othr signatures.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:35:54 PM

Btcdrak,

Did you get checktimeverify working with p2sh script signing? I have multisig working but since multisig validates with a template in script.cpp, the new op which adds op_if etc wont validate as there is no template for it, thus im not able to combine signatures using signrawtransaction.

I am not sure I understand the question. CLTV is used in the context of P2SH redeemscripts which means you can create complex scripts with many conditions.
If you can run through what you're trying to do specifically, maybe I'll get a better understand.
Truthfull

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:47:33 PM

CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

REPLACEBYFEE

Here, I'll quote for you, because we all know clicking is hard for millennials.

I'm sure if early investors knew that VIA was becoming a glorified token to further development work on Bitcoin and Drak's OKCoin account they would have though twice about investing. Saying "well the code will be featured in Viacoin too!" is such a copout. If they wanted to beg for BTC to further develop Bitcoin then be upfront about it, but pitching us a new alt coin that claims to fix the problems of Bitcoin while taking these solutions to Bitcoin is deceptive.

The whole selling point of Viacoin was to do things on its chain that Bitcoin core devs supposedly refuse to implement. Yet suddenly every innovation produced for VIA is actually getting in the Bitcoin code, which makes the original argument for VIA's existence null and void.

Look I know Drak, Todd and you Icebreaker are a bunch of autists who don't think like normal human beings and you think it is perfectly acceptable to ask for almost half a million dollars for a few hundred lines of code but some of us live in the real world where such obscene salaries would normally command in the business world at the minimum a 50-60 hour work week for a whole year and personal cell phone access on the weekends.

This business of Drak getting on twitter everyday, yacking about what is going on in whaleclub, and accusing Gavin of driving people to suicide and then occasionally popping in once a month to write a line or two here and contributing little to the Viacoin github is unacceptable. I'd fired his ass a long time ago if he was on my staff.

The question is has he delivered 600 BTC worth of work and effort into Via? the answer is a solid NO.

What's funny is you got guys like Dave Zimbeck who himself alone built Bithalo, Nighttrader, a working decentralized marketplace with Bitbay, 2-party smart contracts and is in the process of finalizing pegging and all while managing to stay active with his community on an at-least weekly basis and yet he gets called the scammer! 

This whole place really is like high school made up of cliques.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:05:58 PM

Btcdrak,

I am not sure I understand the question. CLTV is used in the context of P2SH redeemscripts which means you can create complex scripts with many conditions.
If you can run through what you're trying to do specifically, maybe I'll get a better understand.
So i will remove cltv out of the question and simplify for you. I believe its a general bitcoin scripting drawback.

Imagine I set up a multisig and then fund pay and spend from it, i need to sign as 2 of 2 and imagine the first person signs then the second signs and sends the tx using the raw tx api. I use createmultisig rpc to make the initial tx.

This works. It validates and sends to the network and spending the multisig funds go through. Now imagine i do something simple like change the first OP_2 into an OP_IF OP_2 OP_ELSE OP_2 OP_ENDIF <rest of multisig>

This should resolve to the same thing for my 2 of 2 multisig. The first person can sign, the second tries so and it fails at combining the signatures... Nothing changed from working multisig other than changing the script.

If you look at script.cpp you see a multisig template, but OP_IF invalidates it. So how do i make this work? Has peter todd even tested it using the raw api?
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: