Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ViaShill

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:57:42 AM

CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

REPLACEBYFEE

Here, I'll quote for you, because we all know clicking is hard for millennials.

I'm sure if early investors knew that VIA was becoming a glorified token to further development work on Bitcoin and Drak's OKCoin account they would have though twice about investing. Saying "well the code will be featured in Viacoin too!" is such a copout. If they wanted to beg for BTC to further develop Bitcoin then be upfront about it, but pitching us a new alt coin that claims to fix the problems of Bitcoin while taking these solutions to Bitcoin is deceptive.

The whole selling point of Viacoin was to do things on its chain that Bitcoin core devs supposedly refuse to implement. Yet suddenly every innovation produced for VIA is actually getting in the Bitcoin code, which makes the original argument for VIA's existence null and void.

Look I know Drak, Todd and you Icebreaker are a bunch of autists who don't think like normal human beings and you think it is perfectly acceptable to ask for almost half a million dollars for a few hundred lines of code but some of us live in the real world where such obscene salaries would normally command in the business world at the minimum a 50-60 hour work week for a whole year and personal cell phone access on the weekends.

This business of Drak getting on twitter everyday, yacking about what is going on in whaleclub, and accusing Gavin of driving people to suicide and then occasionally popping in once a month to write a line or two here and contributing little to the Viacoin github is unacceptable. I'd fired his ass a long time ago if he was on my staff.

The question is has he delivered 600 BTC worth of work and effort into Via? the answer is a solid NO.

What's funny is you got guys like Dave Zimbeck who himself alone built Bithalo, Nighttrader, a working decentralized marketplace with Bitbay, 2-party smart contracts and is in the process of finalizing pegging and all while managing to stay active with his community on an at-least weekly basis and yet he gets called the scammer! 

This whole place really is like high school made up of cliques.

this coin is dead.  the pathetic market cap is proof of that.  i'm not sure it was a premeditated scam, but Drak certainly has not covered himself in glory the way this has been handled.  after raising a shit-ton during the ICO, and some initial (fake?) momentum, essentially nothing of significance has been done.  that's a death sentence when other coins are innovating and marketing and have devs that actually give a fuck.

Drak won, the VIA supporters lost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:23:46 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 10:21:48 PM by iCEBREAKER

CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

REPLACEBYFEE

I'm sure if early investors knew that VIA was becoming a glorified token to further development work on Bitcoin and Drak's OKCoin account they would have though twice about investing. Saying "well the code will be featured in Viacoin too!" is such a copout. If they wanted to beg for BTC to further develop Bitcoin then be upfront about it, but pitching us a new alt coin that claims to fix the problems of Bitcoin while taking these solutions to Bitcoin is deceptive.

The whole selling point of Viacoin was to do things on its chain that Bitcoin core devs supposedly refuse to implement. Yet suddenly every innovation produced for VIA is actually getting in the Bitcoin code, which makes the original argument for VIA's existence null and void.

Look I know Drak, Todd and you Icebreaker are a bunch of autists who don't think like normal human beings and you think it is perfectly acceptable to ask for almost half a million dollars for a few hundred lines of code but some of us live in the real world where such obscene salaries would normally command in the business world at the minimum a 50-60 hour work week for a whole year and personal cell phone access on the weekends.

This business of Drak getting on twitter everyday, yacking about what is going on in whaleclub, and accusing Gavin of driving people to suicide and then occasionally popping in once a month to write a line or two here and contributing little to the Viacoin github is unacceptable. I'd fired his ass a long time ago if he was on my staff.

The question is has he delivered 600 BTC worth of work and effort into Via? the answer is a solid NO.

What's funny is you got guys like Dave Zimbeck who himself alone built Bithalo, Nighttrader, a working decentralized marketplace with Bitbay, 2-party smart contracts and is in the process of finalizing pegging and all while managing to stay active with his community on an at-least weekly basis and yet he gets called the scammer!  

Perhaps if you were more of an "autist" you would understand why some lines of code are vastly more valuable and difficult to produce than others.

We all knew PT's dev work would explicitly benefit both BTC and VIA; that was the deal all along.  It's only 'shocking' 'scandalous' news to you.

VIA got CLTV months before Bitcoin.  The market didn't care, but that's no excuse for you to whine about it.  The point is Via had (and still has) its chance to shine.

Your 20/20 hindsight is asinine and immature.  If VIA/XCH had gone to the moon thanks to their advanced features, 600 BTC would have been a small price to pay.

But unfortunately that hasn't happened yet, so now you feel entitled to retroactively pooh-pooh what has been accomplished, as if shepherding CLTV from concept to battle-tested code is some small thing?

IDC about your lame high school:cliques metaphor.  It has no value beyond providing a vent for your pouting.

You should please go sodomize yourself with retractable batons.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
grv

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:22:19 AM

this coin is dead.  the pathetic market cap is proof of that.

its working as advertised, developer is active, so no its not dead
sure market cap is low at the moment (there are at least a hundred completely useless shitcoins with much higher market cap and that includes alts with market cap in millions)
someone is going through a lot of trouble to make sure market cap stays below 100k
so instead of fudding you should use this opportunity to grab some for cheap,
i sure did sneak in some bids to grab a few here and there Grin

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
ViaShill

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:43:58 AM

someone is going through a lot of trouble to make sure market cap stays below 100k

lol.

good luck with that.
grv

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:02:53 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 08:03:51 PM by grv

good luck with that.

yeah i got a good chunk this cheap over time, cry me a river Grin

so why do you even care what coins others are interested in, are you a broken busybody?
this is one of like ten alts i'm interested in (ranging from low/mid/higher market caps),
i ignore the rest instead of wasting time complaining about those

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
Fonziecoin

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:28:07 AM

CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

REPLACEBYFEE

What makes this critique sting so badly is that the truth pokes out sharply in places.

Btcdrak's explanation that the pathway of innovation flows from bitcoin to viacoin is disheartening.

Can there be a philosophy change with VIA? Alts should be an incubator for groundbreaking technology, not merely a test tube for incremental improvements to bitcoin itself.

FonzieCoin: As Fair as it is Cool
TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:52:58 AM

this coin is dead.  the pathetic market cap is proof of that.

its working as advertised, developer is active, so no its not dead
sure market cap is low at the moment (there are at least a hundred completely useless shitcoins with much higher market cap and that includes alts with market cap in millions)
so instead of fudding you should use this opportunity to grab some for cheap,

Here I agree that the market capitalization can not objectively evaluate the degree of the coin. It takes time, that everyone could take their place, because now cryptocurrency so much competition and everyone must lure users than to itself
Ted Unite

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:03:18 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 05:07:23 PM by Ted Unite

We have took the initiative to start a better place to discuss and develop ideas to create awareness and adoption for Viacoin:

ViacoinPlanet.slack.com

Introduction Viacoin Planet

Viacoin is technically one of the strongest and most robust Cryptocurrencies and deserves greater awareness. At this point most energy has gone into the development of Viacoin, but to create more awareness of its potential, it needs the help of its supporters. This platform is a way to explore and promote opportunities and application possibilities for Viacoin.
The purpose of this platform is to attract business to the Viacoin Blockchain. We like to do it with you! Everybody is welcome, even for a laugh.

we have made some channels and also have set up some rules – to avoid the trolling that made Viacoin-Bitcointalk dysfunctional for promotional efforts. Our role is to facilitate this channel and keep the conversation positive and in service of promoting viacoin.

Do you like to join?
Please send a message to ViacoinPlanet@gmail.com (Mailadress was edited on 7th of december)

We strive for a reaction within 24 to 48 hours.

Channels:

We initially made 10 channels. From channel # 3 –Attract business and lower it is explained how it can be used. But do not hold yourself back. Use your own creativity in your approach. Everybody works different.

#  1-introduction
   Introduction and rules of Viacoin planet

# 2-general
   Announcements from Viacoin Planet

# 3-attract-business
•   Discuss how to attract business
•   Discuss what/who you need to attract business
               --> This can initiate a NEW channel

# 4-usecases
•   Discuss and create use cases which (in theory) can be used on the Viacoin Blockchain
•   Research who could have interest in a created use case and approach them (is in relation with other channels and can lead to another task in a channel, for example: # attract business or #presentations. Or a complete new channel.

# 5-presentations
•   Discuss and create presentations for:
o   Viacoin in General
o   Clearinghouse
o   apps or services which can be used the Viacoin Blockchain
o   “how to” attract business for the Viacoin Blockchain to help other in their approach to talk to business
o    Etc. --> Use or own experience and creativity

# 6-promotions
Discuss and create campaigns for:
•   Viacoin in general
•   Certain apps that can or will be used on the Viacoin Blockchain
•   Attract certain developers which are needed to make an app on the Viacoin Blockchain
•   Etc. --> Use or own experience and creativity

# 7-translations
Discuss and make translations for Presentations, promotions, websites, etc.

# 8-websites
Discuss and create websites for:
•   Viacoin
•   Clearinghouse
•   Apps/services
•   Etc. --> Use or own experience and creativity

# “new channels can be added on request”
Spinoff of another channel, due to new ideas

# 98-share-info-on-via
When you have seen or created a informative of positively funny twee about Viacoin or anything related to it, please post it in this channel and asked if it can be retweeted via twitter, shared via Facebook, etc.

# 99-random
When you like to talk about non related topics, please do it in this channel.

Rules:
Here are some rules to create and maintain a good working environment for the Viacoin supporters.
•   If you like to create a new channel, please contact me and also let me know the reason to create this new channel. I will make a new channel when it can help your development on a certain subject.
•   Keep on topic in a the specific channel you want to post.
•   No cross-posting with other Channels, only if it could benefit the development in that particular subject. For example; If you write a presentation in the Channel #Presentations, it could be shared in the  Channel  #Translations
•   No spamming. Keep on topic.
•   If you like to talk on other topics which are not directly involving  subject in a Channel, please talk in the channel # Random
•   Duplicate posts will be deleted.
•   Opinion posts are welcome, but please back up your point of view and do not repeat yourself multiple times. Seeking clarification is OK or adding new information to support your views.
•   Abusive comments and baseless accusations will be deleted.
o   After 3 warnings  your account will be blocked.

•   But most of all, let’s learn from each other and in the meantime have some fun Smiley
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 07:29:15 PM

ohhhh smigooll where are youuuu
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:53:13 PM

ohhhh smigooll where are youuuu

Right here!
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:33:40 PM

We have took the initiative to start a better place to discuss and develop ideas to create awareness and adoption for Viacoin:

ViacoinPlanet.slack.com

Introduction Viacoin Planet

Viacoin is technically one of the strongest and most robust Cryptocurrencies and deserves greater awareness. At this point most energy has gone into the development of Viacoin, but to create more awareness of its potential, it needs the help of its supporters. This platform is a way to explore and promote opportunities and application possibilities for Viacoin.
The purpose of this platform is to attract business to the Viacoin Blockchain. We like to do it with you! Everybody is welcome, even for a laugh.

we have made some channels and also have set up some rules – to avoid the trolling that made Viacoin-Bitcointalk dysfunctional for promotional efforts. Our role is to facilitate this channel and keep the conversation positive and in service of promoting viacoin.

Do you like to join?
Please send a message to tedunite@gmail.com

Brilliant idea! Maybe you could just set the channel to self invitable? Up to you.
Ted Unite

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:53:30 AM

Brilliant idea! Maybe you could just set the channel to self invitable? Up to you.

Thanks for the tip drak. I will look into it.
I would also like to mention that GooseNL was involved from the beginning. Thanks for your support!
He will also be an admin and moderate on Viacoin Planet.
Ted Unite

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:54:17 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 05:06:18 PM by Ted Unite

Thanks for the tip drak. I will look into it.
I would also like to mention that GooseNL was involved from the beginning. Thanks for your support!
He will also be an admin and moderate on Viacoin Planet.

Unfortunately Slack.com does not allow public domains to be used as a sign up mode. My assumption is that most people here have a public domain. And I have to add private domains manually.

So please send your mailadress to ViacoinPlanet@gmail.com (mailadress was edited on 7th of december) and I will send you an invitation.
Ted Unite

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:00:21 AM

Hi Drak, are you maintaining https://www.transifex.com/viacoin/viacoin/ ? I already requested access for Dutch translation.

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:14:31 PM

Hi Drak, are you maintaining https://www.transifex.com/viacoin/viacoin/ ? I already requested access for Dutch translation.

As you probably saw, I added you.
Ted Unite

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:55:39 PM

Yes, I have seen it. Thanks!
I have just send you a request about the Dutch language via transifex.
UPENtXF

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:50:20 AM

I think you definitely supported Truthful's high school metaphor (which was actually a simile),   Wink with the ending of your post. And you are not so respectful either.

In general, though, I agree with Truthful's sentiment; speaking for myself, I supported VIA as a bet on btcdrak and Peter doing things on VIA that Bitcoin would never do, in particular TreeChains.

Helped me either way, because I had way more value in BTC than VIA, but if I knew that VIA would not even be much of a test chain for BTC innovation, I would not have put any BTC in it.

And doing what Bitcoin wouldn't, was certainly how btcdrak presented VIA back then, especially regarding Peter's involvement. Maybe I just misunderstood his intentions, or something happened, but I doubt it. I think it's just that most people don't present their true intentions, especially where money is involved...

So, for what it's worth, I don't think as highly of VIA and btcdrak at this point, but I did bet on them freely, and lost the investment so far.

Lesson learned: don't bet on personalities and most of what they say they plan to do. Ultimately though, every investment requires some trust in its salespeople.
If none of us trusted Satoshi's vision and intent, (not to imply that anyone involved with VIA is Satoshi-grade) none of us would be here, or made the money we made in crypto. 

So, as someone else said here, I just hope that what goes around always comes around to all of us - good and otherwise.
Happy holidays!

CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

REPLACEBYFEE

Perhaps if you were more of an "autist" you would understand why some lines of code are vastly more valuable and difficult to produce than others.

We all knew PT's dev work would explicitly benefit both BTC and VIA; that was the deal all along.  It's only 'shocking' 'scandalous' news to you.

VIA got CLTV months before Bitcoin.  The market didn't care, but that's no excuse for you to whine about it.  The point is Via had (and still has) its chance to shine.

Your 20/20 hindsight is asinine and immature.  If VIA/XCH had gone to the moon thanks to their advanced features, 600 BTC would have been a small price to pay.

But unfortunately that hasn't happened yet, so now you feel entitled to retroactively pooh-pooh what has been accomplished, as if shepherding CLTV from concept to battle-tested code is some small thing?

IDC about your lame high school:cliques metaphor.  It has no value beyond providing a vent for your pouting.

You should please go sodomize yourself with retractable batons.

"To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -Buckminster Fuller
https://bisq.network/
Ted Unite

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:14:36 PM

Join Viacoin Planet at https://viacoinplanet.slack.com to discuss and create more awareness and adoption for Viacoin.

Do you like to receive an invite? Send a mail to ViacoinPlanet@gmail.com

Also follow us on twitter for further updates and developments:

https://twitter.com/ViacoinPlanet/
Ted Unite

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:45:27 AM

@Drak, I see that you are administrator of the viacoin project in transifex. We need some support setting up Transifex for the Dutch language and we also like to translate viacoin.org in several other languages. Please see PM.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:32:43 AM

@Drak, I see that you are administrator of the viacoin project in transifex. We need some support setting up Transifex for the Dutch language and we also like to translate viacoin.org in several other languages. Please see PM.

I've added you as an administrator.
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: