Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

I am talking about your incentives. Your post is just explaining why there will be no dump from the dev on the market which doesn't mean that you have any vested interest in the coin.
Are you telling us that the buyers should buy the coin because there will be no dump from the dev and not because of the future?
Thank you, I am out.  

I think you might be missing one important point: the massive ICO and the massive BTC trading volume of the past 24 hours demonstrate enormous, untapped interest in blockchain 2.0 technology - in cyptocurrency applications that go beyond just exchanging value through coins transfers.

Given the remarkable demonstration of the market's interest in this, VIA's dev would seem to have a very strong *pecuniary* interest in adding value to his VIAcoin holdings - no? - as well as burnishing his reputation as a blockchain 2.0 pioneer. A reputation like that in the years to come will be worth a fortune. A reputation as a scammer - eh, not so much.

Scammers are generally short-sighted in that they dont recognise that there's a lot more money to be made in meeting/exceeding people's expectations/interests/needs than in scamming people. Via's dev has to realise that this coin could reach the level of DRK and XC at their heights - and beyond - if he delivers on even part of the promise.

I don't know much about this dev, but what little I've read and seen suggests to me that he is not stupid and short-sighted.

I wouldn't say your criticisms are FUD - just that they're perhaps a bit premature. The market's judgement seems to be that, after watching him develop and lead one of the smoothest and most successful ICOs ever, it's willing to wait and see what else this dev can do before jumping to conclusions.

So where is the blockchain 2.0? Does it exists at all, is it only a plan, is there any road maps for the blockcain 2.0 aka ClearingHouse?
Mainbrain

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

BaiQi

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:08:44 PM

bter add via.

Show me your Bitcoin address.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:10:25 PM

Less than 400 blocks to go until block rewards begin!

Join us!, we'll give block finder bonuses to each block finder. http://via.minerpools.com

been mining SIS on this pool, very stabile so will do VIA too

yolo
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:11:59 PM

I am talking about your incentives. Your post is just explaining why there will be no dump from the dev on the market which doesn't mean that you have any vested interest in the coin.
Are you telling us that the buyers should buy the coin because there will be no dump from the dev and not because of the future?
Thank you, I am out.  

I think you might be missing one important point: the massive ICO and the massive BTC trading volume of the past 24 hours demonstrate enormous, untapped interest in blockchain 2.0 technology - in cyptocurrency applications that go beyond just exchanging value through coins transfers.

Given the remarkable demonstration of the market's interest in this, VIA's dev would seem to have a very strong *pecuniary* interest in adding value to his VIAcoin holdings - no? - as well as burnishing his reputation as a blockchain 2.0 pioneer. A reputation like that in the years to come will be worth a fortune. A reputation as a scammer - eh, not so much.

Scammers are generally short-sighted in that they dont recognise that there's a lot more money to be made in meeting/exceeding people's expectations/interests/needs than in scamming people. Via's dev has to realise that this coin could reach the level of DRK and XC at their heights - and beyond - if he delivers on even part of the promise.

I don't know much about this dev, but what little I've read and seen suggests to me that he is not stupid and short-sighted.

I wouldn't say your criticisms are FUD - just that they're perhaps a bit premature. The market's judgement seems to be that, after watching him develop and lead one of the smoothest and most successful ICOs ever, it's willing to wait and see what else this dev can do before jumping to conclusions.

So where is the blockchain 2.0? Does it exists at all, is it only a plan, is there any road maps for the blockcain 2.0 aka ClearingHouse?

Looks like it's mostly just a plan at this point and market speculation over whether he now has the resources -- financial (presumably he does now thanks to ICO?) and technical/talent/work-ethic (to be determined) -- to carry it out.
Dispaced

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:12:31 PM

Someone recomend me a pool with a low fee
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:13:24 PM

We operate at 0.75% across the board
https://www.minep.it/pool/via/

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

Since I'm mining with no rewards, I have earned 0.035 via in my pool, is that from transaction fee being paid to the miners?

Yes. Block currently have no subsidy, but you still get the fees.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

Thank you, I am out.  

Looks like it's mostly just a plan at this point and market speculation over whether he now has the resources -- financial (presumably he does now thanks to ICO?) and technical/talent/work-ethic (to be determined) -- to carry it out.

Is there even a plan, though?  Or is it just 'Blockchain 2.0, y'all!!'

This is hard technical work. There at least needs to be a roadmap. Otherwise people are buying in on....well, I'm not sure what exactly they're buying in on.

Dusty11

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

The word is hype
Have a feeling the dev might have the skills or at least a team but is keeping in underground for now. Just a feeling though.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 03:30:50 PM

Lower fees usually translate is lower expertise, lower attack protection and lower services. Also smaller team, much less support.

Make sure you pickup the service you need rather than the cheaper one Smiley

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:35:08 PM

guys as I want to use a p2pool and don't have time to go through this thread.
can someone tell me how to get a via address into my wallet?

thanks

O_o
AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:36:07 PM

Thank you, I am out.  

Yes he does have the technical skill and work ethic. Trust me on that one.
Dusty11

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:36:42 PM

Thank you, I am out.  

Pinky promise?
freeworm

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:37:24 PM

Viacoin(VIA) is added to Bter.com 's market at

https://bter.com/trade/via_btc

Deposit and get 1% bonus at

https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/VIA
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:37:35 PM

The dev certainly has competence.. before even telling ppl he had all the essentials ready.. website blog wallet source etc.. if there isnt a team he spent a fair bit of time doing all this prior to publisizing it all. Seems he likes to work and then surprise people with stuff..

Now as a dev Ive asked him if I can help with the development aspect so we will see if he needs help or already has groundwork in place and he can do it on his own.
Dusty11

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:39:17 PM

The dev certainly has competence.. before even telling ppl he had all the essentials ready.. website blog wallet source etc.. if there isnt a team he spent a fair bit of time doing all this prior to publisizing it all. Seems he likes to work and then surprise people with stuff..

Now as a dev Ive asked him if I can help with the development aspect so we will see if he needs help or already has groundwork in place and he can do it on his own.

Good stuff, I like hearing this. Team work/help is always a good thing.
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

guys on a windows wallet do I have to click request payment and use the address I get from there on a p2pool?

O_o
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:43:33 PM

Will this be a future problem?
http://www.viabuy.com/the-prepaid-mastercard-in-gold-or-black.html
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:43:36 PM

Thank you, I am out.  

There is not even a white paper about the blockchain 2 aka ClearingHouse. All we know about it is the 2 sentences mentioning in the first page introduction ... plus your assurance :-))  Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that. Even Skycoin which has not even on the market has significantly more material on blockchain 2 than this dev.
Primitive

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:49:47 PM

There is not even a white paper about the blockchain 2 aka ClearingHouse. All we know about it is the 2 sentences mentioning in the first page introduction ... plus your assurance :-))  Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that. Even Skycoin which has not even on the market has significantly more material on blockchain 2 than this dev.

only time will tell.  if you don't believe in this dev (and it sure sounds like you dont), then don't own VIA.  plenty of other coins out there.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: