Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ol21

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:08:37 PM

Because IPO's often were obvious scams, this clearly isn't.  Just go buy some on the exchange and shut up lol
Let me clear this up. IPO is good for the future of the coin, right?

No, it doesn't necessarily have any implications
And the fact that the dev is caching out completely and has no vested interest in the coin also doesn't have any implications?

can you please just alt-f4 the page now you have made your post and got your concerns/opinion across you are now just repeating yourself over and over again and drowning out other voices.
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:11:30 PM

I take it you mean cashing out, and no it doesn't.   If he had no interest in pursuing the project he could of just left with the BTC straight away and not even bothered with the distribution of the coins, let alone constantly responding to the same questions over and over
Awesome logic. Thank you. I should then buy the stocks of the companies when their CEOs are cashing out completely. Hey, but wait a second, that doesn't work in financial markets. It has to be that financial markets are dumb.
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:12:29 PM

Very nice hype around the coin, I love the progress, hope it won't disappear in two weeks like most of the coins, and would be here a long trend of continuity.
What is the Roadmap of the coin development?
gilbertzk3r

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Hope every features can be realized like the dev's imagine.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:25:24 PM

this coin will not disappears as the dev is working properly and satisfy all the conditions that are necessary for the popularity of the coin.So it can be seen soon in any time.
Len

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:28:13 PM

I take it you mean cashing out, and no it doesn't.   If he had no interest in pursuing the project he could of just left with the BTC straight away and not even bothered with the distribution of the coins, let alone constantly responding to the same questions over and over
Awesome logic. Thank you. I should then buy the stocks of the companies when their CEOs are cashing out completely. Hey, but wait a second, that doesn't work in financial markets. It has to be that financial markets are dumb.

Last time I'm replying as you have clearly made your mind up already.  You must have some ulterior motive to be so passionate in dedicating so much of your time into something you think is a bad investment.   
Dev couldn't of won in this situation as if he bought into his own IPO people would have complained, if he would of kept some for himself people would have also complained.  You can't please everyone, someone is always going to be unhappy and It looks like that person is you this time.  Bad luck, jog on.
foob6

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:36:34 PM

the coi are so higher today.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:39:42 PM

MODERATION WARNING
---------------------------

This thread is self-moderated as decided by the community in the PRE-ANN thread. So far only one post has been deleted for being a duplicate.

You are all entitled to your opinions and to discuss both positive and negative sides. Please *do not* repeat yourself over and over. Say your piece, give your reasons. If questioned, clarify.

In most cases objections have already been stated and replied to, so do yourself, and everyone a favour and read the thread first before you complain about

- premining (there was none)
  - dev will run away
  - dev has no incentive to continue the project
  - dev is a scammer
  - blah blah

Really, this has all been covered to death already.

There are plenty resources for you to read before you just make a knee jerk reaction post. If you have some new objections or angle, we're all very pleased to hear them.
It is RIGHT for community to be skeptical and to self police. But there is a line between spamming, creating excessive noise, and having genuine concerns and voicing them.

If you find yourself moderated, the Bitcointalk forum software will email you. In the interests of transparency, I'll publish whatever is deleted elsewhere - it's not about censorship
it's about keeping focus and avoiding repetition.

Thank you for listening.

EDIT: Moderation rules were published here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7901655#msg7901655

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:42:34 PM

Would anyone like to compile a FAQ? Possibly with links to answers to various questions that are being repeated over and over?
I could add those to the post after OP (#2).
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:44:09 PM

Last time I'm replying as you have clearly made your mind up already.  You must have some ulterior motive to be so passionate in dedicating so much of your time into something you think is a bad investment.   
Dev couldn't of won in this situation as if he bought into his own IPO people would have complained, if he would of kept some for himself people would have also complained.  You can't please everyone, someone is always going to be unhappy and It looks like that person is you this time.  Bad luck, jog on.
I will pass on. I will just say this -it is an unheard story with a CEO/founder selling his whole stake in his company/coin leaving him with no vested interest. It is a wishful thinking that this CEO/founder is driven by non-pecuniary motives and will run the business by putting much effort, as the IPO was all about money.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:44:27 PM

<3

Maybe you can link to the blog for some of those which are just reposted on the forum?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:45:23 PM

I will pass on. I will just say this -it is an unheard story with a CEO/founder selling his whole stake in his company/coin leaving him with no vested interest. It is a wishful thinking that this CEO/founder is driven by non-pecuniary motives and will run the business by putting much effort, as the IPO was all about money.

Have you read this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7908476#msg7908476
Revelation

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:55:07 PM

Have you read this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7908476#msg7908476
I am talking about your incentives. Your post is just explaining why there will be no dump from the dev on the market which doesn't mean that you have any vested interest in the coin.
Are you telling us that the buyers should buy the coin because there will be no dump from the dev and not because of the future?
Thank you, I am out. 
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:54:27 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 02:22:16 PM by sdersdf2

I am talking about your incentives. Your post is just explaining why there will be no dump from the dev on the market which doesn't mean that you have any vested interest in the coin.
Are you telling us that the buyers should buy the coin because there will be no dump from the dev and not because of the future?
Thank you, I am out.  

I think you might be missing one important point: the massive ICO and the massive BTC trading volume of the past 24 hours demonstrate enormous, untapped interest in blockchain 2.0 technology - in cyptocurrency applications that go beyond just exchanging value through coins transfers.

Given the remarkable demonstration of the market's interest in this, VIA's dev would seem to have a very strong *pecuniary* interest in adding value to his VIAcoin holdings - no? - as well as burnishing his reputation as a blockchain 2.0 pioneer. A reputation like that in the years to come will be worth a fortune. A reputation as a scammer - eh, not so much.

Scammers are generally short-sighted in that they dont recognise that there's a lot more money to be made in meeting/exceeding people's expectations/interests/needs than in scamming people. Via's dev has to realise that this coin could reach the level of DRK and XC at their heights - and beyond - if he delivers on even part of the promise.

I don't know much about this dev, but what little I've read and seen suggests to me that he is not stupid and short-sighted.

I wouldn't say your criticisms are FUD - just that they're perhaps a bit premature. The market's judgement seems to be that, after watching him develop and lead one of the smoothest and most successful ICOs ever, it's willing to wait and see what else this dev can do before jumping to conclusions.
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 02:22:04 PM

Less than 400 blocks to go until block rewards begin!

Join us!, we'll give block finder bonuses to each block finder. http://via.minerpools.com

healthandwealth

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:37:19 PM

Would it be reasonable to assume miners will dump on the price?
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:39:55 PM

well when the miners get on this... the price should dip to 20k-25k im guessing

This amount of volume the miners wont be able to influence it much at all

Yup. See my previous posts for circulation vs time.
1 month after launch, total VIA in circulation = 10.659M(93.82% from presale)
4 years after launch, total VIA = 36.629M (27.31% from presale)

ol21

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:44:04 PM

Nope seeing as there is only 9 btc worth of Via mineable a day at current prices.

3600 blocks a day * 10 Via reward = 36k Via a day from miners. Current price of say 0.00025000 * 36000 = 9 BTC
Dusty11

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:56:15 PM

But seriously, does dev have the means or at least the contacts to be able to pull this vision off?
Not fud, just looking for a yes, no or maybe answer and are there any devs who are going to assist?
Deagle21

Activity: 333

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:58:08 PM

Since I'm mining with no rewards, I have earned 0.035 via in my pool, is that from transaction fee being paid to the miners?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: