Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bustabit.com -- The Social Gambling Game  (Read 293485 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:38:21 PM

This looks like a very interesting game.. I'll win by using that 1% skill. Smiley
Edit:  Played like 20 rounds, really awesome, I thought I was rich, but then realized 1 bit is like 0.000001 BTC x_x

Yah, if you look back in this thread, there are a bunch of people who are totally confused by this "bits" lingo.  I've seen it in a few places and I personally find it pretty dumb.  Why some people think it's a good idea to add the confusion of renaming a particular fraction of bitcoin I have no idea.

FWIW, I haven't tried moneypot I just read through this thread.

To make it more understandable

1 bit = 100 satoshis, that is nothing weird with it and its has been used in quite few sites, 100 satoshis is worthless now, by then when a satoshi could be worth some more, the used of bits could be more popular

PS : if you havent tried, then you must try it, beware of addiction  Wink

arrallmuus, I didn't say I couldn't understand what bits are, I said I didn't understand why anyone thought inventing new (overloaded) names for a particular fraction of a bitcoin was a good idea.  As I scanned the thread, it seemed like this has come up in the past.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:40:42 PM

arrallmuus, I didn't say I couldn't understand what bits are, I said I didn't understand why anyone thought inventing new (overloaded) names for a particular fraction of a bitcoin was a good idea.  As I scanned the thread, it seemed like this has come up in the past.

Yep it has come up in the past as well  Smiley

A gambling websites first job is to attract gamblers , get more people to wager even more. If you give an option of btc,satoshi,mbtc,bits whatever you can find. Thats extra work for the website owner but at least it is a way to attract more people.

I dont really see how giving the option of btc, satoshi, mbtc and bits will attract more people to come? by all means, moneypot itself is an attraction already, unique gameplay that you wont find in any other gambling sites and not to mention it is really addictive

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:44:54 PM

Yep it has come up in the past as well  Smiley

A gambling websites first job is to attract gamblers , get more people to wager even more. If you give an option of btc,satoshi,mbtc,bits whatever you can find. Thats extra work for the website owner but at least it is a way to attract more people.

I dont really see how giving the option of btc, satoshi, mbtc and bits will attract more people to come? by all means, moneypot itself is an attraction already, unique gameplay that you wont find in any other gambling sites and not to mention it is really addictive

I agree, I'd be surprised if a unit converter attracted many people.  However, it would be quite trivial to implement and in my opinion, quite necessary if the default is to use non-standard units instead of BTC, Satoshi or some SI prefix thereof.
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:55:22 AM

We already HAVE a unit converter. Its a chat command !cv 1 bit to btc or !cv 100 satoshi to bits. It works, people are just lazy.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:34:40 AM

We already HAVE a unit converter. Its a chat command !cv 1 bit to btc or !cv 100 satoshi to bits. It works, people are just lazy.

I might be wrong, as I haven't used this site.  But I thought people were asking for setting to simply show their balance in satoshi's or uBTC or something standard.  I think everyone who knows what a "bit" is can do a conversion.  I understood that people simply wanted to git rid of seeing bits.  Again, I haven't used this site but that's probably what I'd be looking for too.
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:50:34 AM

This looks like a very interesting game.. I'll win by using that 1% skill. Smiley
Edit:  Played like 20 rounds, really awesome, I thought I was rich, but then realized 1 bit is like 0.000001 BTC x_x

Yah, if you look back in this thread, there are a bunch of people who are totally confused by this "bits" lingo.  I've seen it in a few places and I personally find it pretty dumb.  Why some people think it's a good idea to add the confusion of renaming a particular fraction of bitcoin I have no idea.

Bits make sense with the way the multiplier works in this game. Also the "bunch of people" was really only Sed, who has the intelligence of a kindergartener. Its really just base 10 and honestly once you get used to doing the calculation in your head bits are a lot more enjoyable

Wait, I guess you're going to need to add monbox to your list of folks with low intellegence.  And, maybe tspacepilot.  Aren't super smart people like you supposed to get capitalization right, btw?  (ahem, "Sed"?  go ahead and try to run Sed at your UNIX prompt)  

Oh, and since you are the modern day Einstein, please explain to me, in language a kindergartener can understand, how it is that any unit which is "just base 10", as you say, makes any more sense than any other.  And, what would be really impressive, is if you can show me how "bits" makes so much sense and uBTC is just for dummies like me.
Mist

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:54:51 AM

Edit:  Played like 20 rounds, really awesome, I thought I was rich, but then realized 1 bit is like 0.000001 BTC x_x

Yah, if you look back in this thread, there are a bunch of people who are totally confused by this "bits" lingo.  I've seen it in a few places and I personally find it pretty dumb.  Why some people think it's a good idea to add the confusion of renaming a particular fraction of bitcoin I have no idea.

Bits make sense with the way the multiplier works in this game. Also the "bunch of people" was really only Sed, who has the intelligence of a kindergartener. Its really just base 10 and honestly once you get used to doing the calculation in your head bits are a lot more enjoyable

Wait, I guess you're going to need to add monbox to your list of folks with low intellegence.  And, maybe tspacepilot.  Aren't super smart people like you supposed to get capitalization right, btw?  (ahem, "Sed"?  go ahead and try to run Sed at your UNIX prompt)  

Oh, and since you are the modern day Einstein, please explain to me, in language a kindergartener can understand, how it is that any unit which is "just base 10", as you say, makes any more sense than any other.  And, what would be really impressive, is if you can show me how "bits" makes so much sense and uBTC is just for dummies like me.
This is the last post I'm making to you, Sed, (capitalize proper nouns, ya know basic grammar) How does understanding how to do conversions make me the "modern day Einstein" as you have put it. Okay, since your main question was asking me why this unit made sense over any other was because of how the multipliers work. 1 bit is 100 satoshi, so if I bet 1 bit at 1.01x I am going to get 1 satoshi, or .01 bits. Now say, what happens when I use satoshi for this. A random newbies joins the site, deposits a little trys to bet 455 satoshi... oh wait he can't. That would be 4.55 bits, which doesnt work.The site gives him a big error and says he cant bet. This confuses him, and creates even more issues. MBTC also isnt the friendliest unit for this either, as the decimals can get mixed up easy while the game is running and you have a bet of 22.5 mBTC going. So this is why bits are alot more beginner friendly once they understand the conversion.

Also I was not calling tspace out, or anyone else that doesnt prefer bits to something else. I personally have no issues with anyone in this thread. I just get frustrated with people like Sed who can't think about bits and what they are good for. I guarantee if you had done a little thinking you could have answered your question about why bits make more sense than any other sub unit of BTC for this game. Just simple decimal places man, you don't need 30 posts here to talk and rant about why the suck (Sed)
sed

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:23:15 AM

This is the last post I'm making to you,

Sounds good dude, if you wanna lay the fuck off of the ad hominem bullshit attacks on other people's intelligence then I prolly won't have anything to say to you either.

Sed, (capitalize proper nouns, ya know basic grammar)

If you think that capitalization or other orthographic conventions have the slightest thing to do with grammar, then I'm just gonna have to refer you to George Bernard Shaw (for a starting point) and hope you educate yourself.  (for a more modern reference, enjoy Geoff Pullam, for example, on languagelog.org).

How does understanding how to do conversions make me the "modern day Einstein" as you have put it. Okay, since your main question was asking me why this unit made sense over any other was because of how the multipliers work. 1 bit is 100 satoshi, so if I bet 1 bit at 1.01x I am going to get 1 satoshi, or .01 bits. Now say, what happens when I use satoshi for this. A random newbies joins the site, deposits a little trys to bet 455 satoshi... oh wait he can't. That would be 4.55 bits, which doesnt work.The site gives him a big error and says he cant bet. This confuses him, and creates even more issues.

Wait, you were gonna explain how "bits' works and uBTC doesn't.  Einstein, you've fucked up here!

MBTC ...

Oh shit it's that capitalization thing again.  But even you must know that mBTC isn't a proper noun?!  Surely you aren't referring to MegaBTC here.

also isnt the friendliest unit for this either, as the decimals can get mixed up easy while the game is running and you have a bet of 22.5 mBTC going. So this is why bits are alot more beginner friendly once they understand the conversion.

Also I was not calling tspace out, or anyone else that doesnt prefer bits to something else. I personally have no issues with anyone in this thread. I just get frustrated with people like Sed who can't think about bits and what they are good for. I guarantee if you had done a little thinking you could have answered your question about why bits make more sense than any other sub unit of BTC for this game. Just simple decimal places man, you don't need 30 posts here to talk and rant about why the suck (Sed)

Seems like you're switching between 3rd and 2nd person in addressing me.  Your grammar nazi-ism doesn't rule that out for you?  In other matters, I think we can drop this if you wanna get the fuck off my balls.  Not everyone in this thread seems to have to turn someone else's opposing opinion into a matter of "that dude sux and has low intelligence".  Learn to discuss without attacking others and you will not be attacked.

Later.
Mist

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:00:51 AM

I'm not directly addressing you, you are not the only one that reads posts. As for that mBTC typo, I was typing fast before I went to go for a run. Was not really paying too much attention to capitals at the time as I wanted to get going. Funny that you felt this was substantial enough to notice for you.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:43:01 AM

I'm not directly addressing you, you are not the only one that reads posts. As for that mBTC typo, I was typing fast before I went to go for a run. Was not really paying too much attention to capitals at the time as I wanted to get going. Funny that you felt this was substantial enough to notice for you.

Ok, I suggest that Mist and sed go get a room somewhere and have sex or else beat each other up.  I think this nonsense probably doesn't really belong in the moneypot thread and it's hard to see how it's helping anyone but these two hotheads get their rocks off.

I admit, I laughed for a minute tho.
CryForMeSky

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:50:30 AM

So this is why bits are alot more beginner friendly once they understand the conversion.

"a lot"
sed

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:58:07 AM

Ok, I suggest that Mist and sed go get a room somewhere and have sex or else beat each other up.  I think this nonsense probably doesn't really belong in the moneypot thread and it's hard to see how it's helping anyone but these two hotheads get their rocks off.

In deference to you and others here, I have posted my replies to Missssst in a new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1007799.new#new

Cheers!
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:52:09 AM

Yes I agree I think we should just keep it professional. We don't want this to escalate quickly.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:47:19 PM

By the way, is moneypot still down?  I saw that it was having trouble last week.  I don't really have a chance to try it this morning but I'm trying to keep on top of which gambling sites are working and which are down.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:05:26 PM

Since leprchaun.io has been down for quite some time now, is there anyone planning to create a third party verifier for MP?

By the way, is moneypot still down?  I saw that it was having trouble last week.  I don't really have a chance to try it this morning but I'm trying to keep on top of which gambling sites are working and which are down.

Nope it is running smoothly for me.

Mist

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:10:30 PM

We still have users running verification independently, but no fancy websites like leprchuan.io. You can ask Steve, or blockage on the forums, about verification.
RHavar
Legendary

Activity: 2557
Merit: 1886

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:30:08 PM

We were having some issues for a few hours last week, but they seem largely resolved.

Since leprchaun.io has been down for quite some time now, is there anyone planning to create a third party verifier for MP?

There is actually already one running by Steve. I believe that if detects a break of the chain, or a hash not validating -- it will alert everyone in the chat (and presumedly Steve, who would spread the word if foul-play was involved). Admittedly, this is not nearly as polished as leprchaun.io was and would be great if someone created something similiar

Check out gamblingsitefinder.com for a decent list/rankings of crypto casinos. Note: I have no affiliation or interest in it, and don't even agree with all the rankings ... but it's the only uncorrupted review site I'm aware of.
chaoman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:08:10 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 12:40:46 AM by chaoman

nvm
funtotry

Activity: 420

Ever wanted to run your own casino? PM me for info

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:37:55 AM

I used to play when the game would auto cash out if the multiplier reached a point where the players would win 2 btc. Is this still how it works? What is the new limit? I know the faq says 10% but how much is 10%?
10% is referring to 10% of the bankroll. So if the site has a total of 100 btc, if it gets to a point where the amount won is at 10 btc, it will automatically cash out to avoid the site losing even more money and becoming bankrupt. So before, 2 btc was 10% of 20btc so the site had a 20 btc bankroll if they were still following that rule

neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:49:59 PM

Any winning streak strategies for this, because I am losing all over the place Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: