Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:47:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [INT] IntelliCoin | 2 WEEKS POW! | IntelliApp | InSign  (Read 112949 times)
BrandonKBabcock

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:57:34 PM

If intelligent MIT students are supposedly developing this coin and want IPO money, then why is the github created by some guy/team from Australia who created Godcoin, with commits by that person or people and not MIT students?

Dev(s) cannot come here and provide meaningful posts or interact with the community but only show up to ninja-delete posts.  Same behavior as ClusterCoin.

Only person supporting this is a guy who feels like a whale because he threw not even 1 btc into this and is proud of gaining a large % bag, but doesn't have the BTC to properly pump this to get out.

I am beginning to have my doubts. And I am not trying to pump it to get out. I will either eat my loses or I won't need to pump it. How do you know they are from Australia and created Godcoin?   

While you have your doubts, a bunch of buys/sells are happening at low rate.  If your doubts materialize, then we will have to either hold and lose value, or I believe there might be a pump being setup since there are still a lot of buys still occuring for a coin deemed "dead" by some.  I am holding and might experience casualties, but I will learn a lot about how to save myself from sinking ships if thats what this coin becomes.  Smiley  I'm excited for every day I get to trade in difficult environments.

I am not going to make any moves until I know one way or another so no worries. Smiley And the doubt only comes from the fact that Bitcrea claims that they have checked his email and not yet responded. I have no idea how he would know that they have checked it or not though...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:59:06 PM

If intelligent MIT students are supposedly developing this coin and want IPO money, then why is the github created by some guy/team from Australia who created Godcoin, with commits by that person or people and not MIT students?

Dev(s) cannot come here and provide meaningful posts or interact with the community but only show up to ninja-delete posts.  Same behavior as ClusterCoin.

Only person supporting this is a guy who feels like a whale because he threw not even 1 btc into this and is proud of gaining a large % bag, but doesn't have the BTC to properly pump this to get out.

Ninja-delete posts? Really? The dev is not even online for 5 days Tongue

Yeah, but someone has deleted two of my posts as well so someone is moderating this forum. It's just not the devs account doing it.
smackii

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:07:14 PM

Dev(s) cannot come here and provide meaningful posts or interact with the community but only show up to ninja-delete posts.  Same behavior as ClusterCoin.

Yeah, but someone has deleted two of my posts as well so someone is moderating this forum. It's just not the devs account doing it.

Probably bitcointalk forum mod? Smiley

So someone out there is monitoring Grin
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:08:12 PM

The price will be shakey and the FUD will be heavy until the dev comes back or it becomes apparent that they will not. I'm just popcorning and trying to inform myself the best that I can along the way so that I don't make any rash moves but don't just blindly HODL when it is clear I shouldn't either.  Cool

Right now I'm just waiting and paying attention to this forum and the order book.  
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:09:57 PM

Dev(s) cannot come here and provide meaningful posts or interact with the community but only show up to ninja-delete posts.  Same behavior as ClusterCoin.

Haha yeah, I think it did say that now that I think about it. I never even thought of that! But that would make sense!  Roll Eyes at myself!
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:16:02 PM

I am beginning to have my doubts. And I am not trying to pump it to get out. I will either eat my loses or I won't need to pump it. How do you know they are from Australia and created Godcoin?   
From the github link in the OP: https://github.com/bluew1nter

I traded this when it was much higher and took my profit, came back thinking about entering again and I had some ideas of things to do with this coin if it was legit, but it smells and tbh it is easier just to create a new coin without the baggage.

Yeah, well I know nothing about code, but it is on the OP and nobody has brought it up to this point so I'm not going to worry too much about that. Plus, that github page has a few coins and says it is a mirror which makes me think that it is just a copy of the code or something. I really have no idea though. I agree that it may appear fishy but without knowing and understanding code I can't really infer too much from it.

I also don't like the ninja deletes but there may be multiple people moderating the forum since it is suppose to be a small group and I know that they did say that they would only post announcements from here on out.

What has me most worried is the fact that Bitcrea has not gotten a response from the dev but nobody has in a few days so I am going to give it until Tuesday or Wednesday since that is when they will be back in school. If I am wrong no biggie, but if I am right I will make a nice return. And it was a little over a Bitcoin and half if you're going to make fun! Wink

I have no reason to make fun.  You are a much bigger investor than I am, but I've enjoyed your standing/position on this coin through the stormy weather since release and its been a good ride thus far.  I'm not giving up just yet, especially since there are so many buys still happening on this coin.  With my experience with VMC coin, I feel like there is a lot of time before this coin is effectively dead, therefore, I should have plenty of time trading this coin still.
ayminer

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:19:49 PM

Haha yeah, I think it did say that now that I think about it. I never even thought of that! But that would make sense!  Roll Eyes at myself!

I find that fishy too. They must have sent you a PM to state the reason your post was deleted. Whats the reason they stated?
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:25:58 PM

I just went and got the email out of my trash:

Bitcoin Forum
4:32 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: deadmanwalking on Today at 12:17:27
Yea.....

Well people tend to be rude when you scam them out of money. And then tell them to sell their coins if they don't like it.

Fact is that these "MIT" students copypasted a coin, and haven't done shit else.

For some reason you keep defending them. I just feel the need bring some reality, because I don't want anyone to happen by this thread and lose money when they see the rainbows shooting out of your ass.

...last part was a bit rude. I honestly hope they come back and you make money from your sizable investment in this coin. I'm just not betting on it.

Lol

Edit: My post was "Lol" probably the reason why Wink
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:33:31 PM

From the github link in the OP: https://github.com/bluew1nter

I traded this when it was much higher and took my profit, came back thinking about entering again and I had some ideas of things to do with this coin if it was legit, but it smells and tbh it is easier just to create a new coin without the baggage.

Yeah, well I know nothing about code, but it is on the OP and nobody has brought it up to this point so I'm not going to worry too much about that. Plus, that github page has a few coins and says it is a mirror which makes me think that it is just a copy of the code or something. I really have no idea though. I agree that it may appear fishy but without knowing and understanding code I can't really infer too much from it.

I also don't like the ninja deletes but there may be multiple people moderating the forum since it is suppose to be a small group and I know that they did say that they would only post announcements from here on out.

What has me most worried is the fact that Bitcrea has not gotten a response from the dev but nobody has in a few days so I am going to give it until Tuesday or Wednesday since that is when they will be back in school. If I am wrong no biggie, but if I am right I will make a nice return. And it was a little over a Bitcoin and half if you're going to make fun! Wink

I have no reason to make fun.  You are a much bigger investor than I am, but I've enjoyed your standing/position on this coin through the stormy weather since release and its been a good ride thus far.  I'm not giving up just yet, especially since there are so many buys still happening on this coin.  With my experience with VMC coin, I feel like there is a lot of time before this coin is effectively dead, therefore, I should have plenty of time trading this coin still.

Haha I was referring the that miningfool fella bud. He was trying to make fun of me for "bag holding" a decent % of coins and insinuating that I was trying to pump it but didn't have the BTC to do so properly. I was just letting him know that his hating really doesn't affect me but just amuses me a bit.

I appreciate the kind words though! I think you have a bright future trading and mining my friend, and I'm glad to have you on my side! Smiley 
ayminer

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:34:25 PM

I just went and got the email out of my trash:

Bitcoin Forum
4:32 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: deadmanwalking on Today at 12:17:27
Yea.....

Well people tend to be rude when you scam them out of money. And then tell them to sell their coins if they don't like it.

Fact is that these "MIT" students copypasted a coin, and haven't done shit else.

For some reason you keep defending them. I just feel the need bring some reality, because I don't want anyone to happen by this thread and lose money when they see the rainbows shooting out of your ass.

...last part was a bit rude. I honestly hope they come back and you make money from your sizable investment in this coin. I'm just not betting on it.

Lol

Edit: My post was "Lol" probably the reason why Wink
"Lol" would most likely be deleted automatically.

I was actually referring to the post where you commented on the BitCrea guy's post. Did you delete that post yourself or was it deleted by the Mod?
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:40:17 PM

Oh, yeah I deleted that after I saw him delete his. I then sent him a PM asking him why he did so and he said because he just doesn't care anymore and doesn't want to waste his time. I told him that I hoped that he hears back from them by Tuesday or Wednesday for both of our sake, and that I thought Karen most likely moved her Facebook page because she didn't want everyone trying to message and friend her on her personal Facebook. I think this because I did both the day she moved it.   
kindofasaint

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:11:19 PM

while going through my morning coffee I decided to do a little research.

BitComp
This fall, every MIT undergrad will receive $100 in Bitcoin
What will you build to inspire your fellow students?

Topic Prizes

For the final round we will have $1,500 Topic Prizes, which are as follows:
        Improving MIT Award: Application or service with most potential for improving some aspect of student life at MIT
        Engineering Award: Application or service that features impressive engineering or that is effective in demonstrating the capabilities of Bitcoin.
        Evangelism Award: Best application or service for introducing new users to Bitcoin ----------- My guess is that they're going for this one here with 'Intelliapp'
        Next Billion Award: Application or service that best addresses challenges in developing nations
        Awesome Award: Application, service, or project that’s just plain cool, fun, or creative

Some links

MIT BitComp Competition website: http://bitcoin.mit.edu/mit-bitcoin-projects-bitcomp/

Facebook group for the competition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mitbitcomp/ -------- If you remember one of the dev's name, you'll find her as a member in that group.

We already know from the MIT web admin that they started this as a summer project......

About the github: If I were to start a coin, I wouldn't write the basic code from scratch, I'd outsource the 'chassis' and write my proposed innovation on top of that. Excuse my analogy, I don't know the first thing about coding!

Half Empty or Half Full - It is up to you. Me? I'll go for Half Full  Tongue

ShadowBits

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:22:47 PM

while going through my morning coffee I decided to do a little research.

BitComp
This fall, every MIT undergrad will receive $100 in Bitcoin
What will you build to inspire your fellow students?

Topic Prizes

For the final round we will have $1,500 Topic Prizes, which are as follows:
        Improving MIT Award: Application or service with most potential for improving some aspect of student life at MIT
        Engineering Award: Application or service that features impressive engineering or that is effective in demonstrating the capabilities of Bitcoin.
        Evangelism Award: Best application or service for introducing new users to Bitcoin ----------- My guess is that they're going for this one here with 'Intelliapp'
        Next Billion Award: Application or service that best addresses challenges in developing nations
        Awesome Award: Application, service, or project that’s just plain cool, fun, or creative

Some links

MIT BitComp Competition website: http://bitcoin.mit.edu/mit-bitcoin-projects-bitcomp/

Facebook group for the competition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mitbitcomp/ -------- If you remember one of the dev's name, you'll find her as a member in that group.

We already know from the MIT web admin that they started this as a summer project......

About the github: If I were to start a coin, I wouldn't write the basic code from scratch, I'd outsource the 'chassis' and write my proposed innovation on top of that. Excuse my analogy, I don't know the first thing about coding!

Half Empty or Half Full - It is up to you. Me? I'll go for Half Full  Tongue

Thank you for the addition to the discussion.  I am also on board with you here.  I'm going to be patient.  I remember my first couple of years of college taking 15 credit hour terms and being overwhelmed.  I think any college student can relate to this in some way shape or form.  My college even gave us summer work before fall semester started and made us do community service.  I'm going to be patient with them.  Too many things seem to point towards this not being a scam.  BTW, the dumps are ending.  Weak hands have been shaken.  Buys are starting to become the majority right now.
smackii

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:52:12 PM

Thanks for the research, it'll boost morale on the bag holders Grin
ShadowBits

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:02:39 PM

Lol, Smackii, you trolling again?  I know you liked the cheap coins before, what should make me think things have changed?
ayminer

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:54:11 PM

Oh, yeah I deleted that after I saw him delete his. I then sent him a PM asking him why he did so and he said because he just doesn't care anymore and doesn't want to waste his time. I told him that I hoped that he hears back from them by Tuesday or Wednesday for both of our sake, and that I thought Karen most likely moved her Facebook page because she didn't want everyone trying to message and friend her on her personal Facebook. I think this because I did both the day she moved it.   

Oh, yea I noticed you did delete yours after he deleted his. Anyways, well explained. Smiley
ayminer

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

Lol, Smackii, you trolling again?  I know you liked the cheap coins before, what should make me think things have changed?

Troll or fan, I must say Smackii is some character! So bipolar with his posts..  Grin

Keepp it up man. You make this thread fun  Wink
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:13:03 PM

Oh, yea I noticed you did delete yours after he deleted his. Anyways, well explained. Smiley

No worries.  Smiley
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:18:50 PM

I have decided that patience pays here. I am not even going to look at the price until I get more some more spare BTC or it is Tuesday evening. The evidence is just too overwhelming that this coin will most likely make a few of us very happy. It'll just take some time for things to happen. My gut rarely steers me wrong in this space so I'm sticking with my instincts and just chillin.   
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:21:18 PM

To all the other Intellicoin supporters I am going to be gone for awhile but I wanted to leave you with this little tid bit.

Wednesday September third is MIT 's first day of class for the 2014-2015 fall term:

http://web.mit.edu/registrar/calendar/

It will also likely be the day that I buy more INT.  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: