Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [INT] IntelliCoin | 2 WEEKS POW! | IntelliApp | InSign  (Read 112949 times)
BrandonKBabcock

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:10:09 AM

I just went over all post Intellicoin and Intellicoin-PR posts and here is what I found in chronological order:

Intellicoin says: that they "plan" to have InSign released by the end of the month.
Intellicoin says: that they have InSign completed but are working on the legalities of it.
Intellicoin says: that as promised the InSign will be released "around" the end of the month
Intellicoin says: that they will only post important updates and announcements and will not respond to anything not related to the coin and its developments. Also, warns that price may dip.

*Intellicoin has not been on since the above post on the 26th. (not even two weeks ago and classes just started the 3rd)

Intellicoin-PR says: they don't have the keys to log in personally but that they will log into account tomorrow and update within 48 hours.

*Intellicoin-PR has not been on since the 3rd and did not deliver on the above statement. (A day late on update)

This timeline along with all the available information and evidence implies to to me that Intellicoin is legit but that they are still working on things that should be released very soon, and that Intellicoin-PR either over promised and under delivered accidentally because maybe something came up or they failed at getting the login keys for whatever reason, or that the account is simply fake.

Again I am doing everything I can think of to get in contact with someone who can inform the community and will even contact the school if I need to on Monday, but lets give them until Friday the 12th to respond and update because that is a full week of classes back at MIT before we consider forking it and taking it over.  
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:21:18 AM

I just went over all post Intellicoin and Intellicoin-PR posts and here is what I found in chronological order:

Intellicoin says: that they "plan" to have InSign released by the end of the month.
Intellicoin says: that they have InSign completed but are working on the legalities of it.
Intellicoin says: that as promised the InSign will be released "around" the end of the month
Intellicoin says: that they will only post important updates and announcements and will not respond to anything not related to the coin and its developments. Also, warns that price may dip.

*Intellicoin has not been on since the above post on the 26th. (not even two weeks ago and classes just started the 3rd)

Intellicoin-PR says: they don't have the keys to log in personally but that they will log into account tomorrow and update within 48 hours.

*Intellicoin-PR has not been on since the 3rd and did not deliver on the above statement. (A day late on update)

This timeline along with all the available information and evidence implies to to me that Intellicoin is legit but that they are still working on things that should be released very soon, and that Intellicoin-PR either over promised and under delivered accidentally because maybe something came up or they failed at getting the login keys for whatever reason, or that the account is simply fake.

Again I am doing everything I can think of to get in contact with someone who can inform the community and will even contact the school if I need to on Monday, but lets give them until Friday the 12th to respond and update because that is a full week of classes back at MIT before we consider forking it and taking it over.  

You should seriously consider offering an Anti-FUD service to coins. You're doing a real good job keeping everyone rational and not let the trolls taker over.

I agree. I ahven't put a whole lot of money into this and I've been averaging down. Holding a good amount now.

Besides, aren't their identities known? I imagine it's tough getting a job after graduation if the first Google search result turning up is "Person XYZ is a known scammer".
atale

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:47:18 AM

Guys.we need to determinte takeover this coin or not.No more discussion.If we don't take over this coin then all of us will lost our money.

Count me in for a takeover !!
ayminer

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:58:35 AM

Have a couple of contacts at MIT myself. I have asked them to help find the Devs of this coin but I have nothing significant yet. Who exactly are you going to call at MIT? I don't think we have to wait till Monday to call them. I can call them right away. Probably the MIT Police? : http://police.mit.edu/crime-prevention
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:12:33 AM

I am debating whether it is worth forking this and trying to make something out of it versus just making a new coin.  Most such efforts at forking from what I understand seem to fail, unless someone has some examples where it was successful.

It would seem from previous posts in this thread that the originators were not authentically MIT, although I would have thought they would have jumped on the INL re-ICO to try to snake more BTC for themselves either way.  Just find it kind of odd that they just dropped this.

A good successful take over was or XXXcoin and its growing with a good team.

Original thread before the take over.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665809.0

The  new thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712912.560

They have the support of BTCarchitect liking the way the community handle the evolution of the coin.
CryptoGoon

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:13:35 AM

Damn if these guys really are MIT students, expect some random smacking if they don't fix this. These scammers annoy me.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:17:26 AM

If they don't show up I highly recommend you contact the member of staff at mit that confirmed it was a student project.  He clearly knows who they are, and tell him they raised funds for a project but failed to deliver the project and people would like their money back.

BINTEX

Powered by,
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:26:26 AM

You should seriously consider offering an Anti-FUD service to coins. You're doing a real good job keeping everyone rational and not let the trolls taker over.

I agree. I ahven't put a whole lot of money into this and I've been averaging down. Holding a good amount now.

Besides, aren't their identities known? I imagine it's tough getting a job after graduation if the first Google search result turning up is "Person XYZ is a known scammer".

Haha well thanks. I'm really just trying to help the coin and the community and through doing so myself. And yes, at least one of the devs identities is known. Her first name is Karen and she is a current MIT student.  
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:33:46 AM

If they don't show up I highly recommend you contact the member of staff at mit that confirmed it was a student project.  He clearly knows who they are, and tell him they raised funds for a project but failed to deliver the project and people would like their money back.

I just talked to Andrew via twitter yesterday. He said he has no new news and that I should contact the creator. He spoke with the site creator but I don't know if he knows them and don't believe it was in person. He also said he has not overlooked the code either. Anyway, he is also a crypto trader so if we have to tell him they have left the project then I will contact him and explain, but I just don't see that as necessary quite yet though.
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:34:49 AM

I am debating whether it is worth forking this and trying to make something out of it versus just making a new coin.  Most such efforts at forking from what I understand seem to fail, unless someone has some examples where it was successful.

It would seem from previous posts in this thread that the originators were not authentically MIT, although I would have thought they would have jumped on the INL re-ICO to try to snake more BTC for themselves either way.  Just find it kind of odd that they just dropped this.

A good successful take over was or XXXcoin and its growing with a good team.

Original thread before the take over.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665809.0

The  new thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712912.560

They have the support of BTCarchitect liking the way the community handle the evolution of the coin.

Yeah, ICG is having a successful take over as well.
BrandonKBabcock

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:41:29 AM

Have a couple of contacts at MIT myself. I have asked them to help find the Devs of this coin but I have nothing significant yet. Who exactly are you going to call at MIT? I don't think we have to wait till Monday to call them. I can call them right away. Probably the MIT Police? : http://police.mit.edu/crime-prevention

You know that is a good question I was just going to call and explain the situation and see if they could direct me to someone who could help. I think the MIT police would be a very good route though! That way if by chance it turns out not to actually be ran by MIT students we will kill two birds with one stone. I personally am not going to call until Monday because I think we will hear back before then and I don't want to cause hassle for them, but if you decide to call before then please let us know what you find out! 
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

no one who picks up the phone on campus is goign to have any idea wtf your talking about. if you want to start sleuthing, might start by reaching out to the guys who started the bitcoin$100 per student if theyre the same guys who judged the app contest for students as they probably A judged this coin, B know the crypto kids on campus, C have heard of this.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
ayminer

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:29:07 PM

Guys, I called MIT police and gave them the emails the dev pasted on the OP initially. They ran them through their system and they couldn't find any match.   

The screenshot below is what convinced me before but being that these email IDs are fake, there's surely a scam written all over this. Seems like the owner of the website is an MIT student but he used fake email IDs which is suspect. I bet those of you who lost a lot of money can open a case  with the MIT police on whoever registered that website. I barely lost anything so I wouldn't.

I encourage you guys to call the emergency number on the MIT police website to confirm. It would cost you less than a minute to confirm as I just spoke with them and I bet when they hear the email addresses they would give you a response immediately.

100% Legit.

I contacted MIT and this was the reply.

Apologies to the MIT devs/students for making waves, but with the amount of scams going on lately, this was crucial. 

Screenshot:  https://i.imgur.com/QClGpT3.png

Dan2014

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:35:43 PM

Has anyone tried to contact Karen Su on facebook to confirm if she is involved in this project or if someone is just using her name ?
finlon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:39:47 PM

Well. It wasn't exactly a scam. They released the coin, just didn;t release the features.
So there is no way you can call it a scam. + All Investors were happy with the pre-sale. So Good luck.

ayminer

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:43:17 PM

Well. It wasn't exactly a scam. They released the coin, just didn;t release the features.
So there is no way you can call it a scam. + All Investors were happy with the pre-sale. So Good luck.

You got a point. But there has to be something illegal about fronting with fake MIT emails.
finlon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:46:07 PM

You got a point. But there has to be something illegal about fronting with fake MIT emails.
Well. They never had any MIT affliation in the first case. All you have is a coin with devs(who may or may not belong to MIT) giving up. You dont call this a Scam. Plus there is no crypto police. Check all the coin threads, there are atleast 2-3 scams everyday. Too bad you guys wasted your time with this.

This is one of the few IPO's I took part in. None of the investors including me complained. Its just a bunch of people(4-5 of them) who made the wrong decision to purchase the coin after it died, and now are whining over their decisions.

Dan2014

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:10:53 PM

How can you say its not a scam? they promised features which was the only reason why people bought into the ICO in the first place
finlon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:16:12 PM

How can you say its not a scam? they promised features which was the only reason why people bought into the ICO in the first place

I am not exactly sure how it goes. Sometimes, coins do not launch features and you don't call it a scam. Did you invest in the ICO?
If yes, and you didn't sell when the prices were at 2800 sats, then you made a stupid investment.
I am also curious where did the guy intellicoin-pr go. Was he trying to just increase the price? lol

LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

I am not exactly sure how it goes. Sometimes, coins do not launch features and you don't call it a scam. Did you invest in the ICO?
If yes, and you didn't sell when the prices were at 2800 sats, then you made a stupid investment.
I am also curious where did the guy intellicoin-pr go. Was he trying to just increase the price? lol

the PR guy was just someone from the public trying to boost the price so he could get out! the exact same thing happened in the mantis coin thread lol

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: