Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464105 times)
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 04:09:49 PM

Sterlingcoin price has been holding steady with some good buy support for the last week or so. It's a very good sign considering that the multi-pool isn't even live yet.

I'm still mining directly onto bleutrade (whilst the SLG multi-pool is in testing / development). Anyone that is selling or can be bothered to do some arb. trading ?   Smiley

Also needed to put a connectivity node up for another coin (Slimcoin), so I've set it up as a public Sterlingcoin node as well.

UK, London based node running on vultr: addnode=108.61.197.252

SLG team can add it to the op .conf if they want to.

Cheers!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 07:59:29 PM

Sterlingcoin price has been holding steady with some good buy support for the last week or so. It's a very good sign considering that the multi-pool isn't even live yet.

I'm still mining directly onto bleutrade (whilst the SLG multi-pool is in testing / development). Anyone that is selling or can be bothered to do some arb. trading ?   Smiley

Also needed to put a connectivity node up for another coin (Slimcoin), so I've set it up as a public Sterlingcoin node as well.

UK, London based node running on vultr: addnode=108.61.197.252

SLG team can add it to the op .conf if they want to.

Cheers!

OP updated with Public Seeds.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
tubesteak

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:02:58 AM

I'm liking the way SLG is gradually climbing up the ladder. From what I have seen in crypto; if a coin skyrockets quickly, more than likely it will fall just hard. Cheers all!

I see very clever accumulation phase on charts. In few days there won't be any sell orders under 4k.
Agreed. I'm going to buy more once my tax return comes in. I just hope the price doesn't spike too much while I'm waiting.

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:36:37 PM

I'm liking the way SLG is gradually climbing up the ladder. From what I have seen in crypto; if a coin skyrockets quickly, more than likely it will fall just hard. Cheers all!

I see very clever accumulation phase on charts. In few days there won't be any sell orders under 4k.
Agreed. I'm going to buy more once my tax return comes in. I just hope the price doesn't spike too much while I'm waiting.

Take out a Wonga loan  Grin

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 09:11:10 PM

Any time set for a new hangout? how about thursday?

Not yet. We want to do a time for the USA and a time for UK/EUR.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
chopper873

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:50:32 PM

Any time set for a new hangout? how about thursday?

Not yet. We want to do a time for the USA and a time for UK/EUR.
any ideas which day it should be done? this week?

Most people will have more time at the weekend, on Saturday, or Sunday.
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:30:26 AM

Even the morning coffee tasted better than usual  Smiley

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
SpencerLievensSLG

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:28:31 AM

Even the morning coffee tasted better than usual  Smiley

Happy to see the Sterlingcoin mug made it safely to you. Sorry for the slight delay with it coming from our suppliers.

BTC: 1EainbzZfYNKUPc18TuCaVuc9GJq6uPNNv
SILK: BJTw2MtNrtfJxPf1N2iqKTk662JLZsUAr5
syyyn

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 10:41:21 AM

Sterlingcoin Network & Multipool Update Status

Spencer and I have been working hard with many of the projects currently in development for Sterlingcoin.  The REST API services should be functioning very soon and this will open up a new world to the web wallets as well as a few other surprises we have.  The first theme for the multipool was finished to allow me to see how things fit and look together.  Spencer provided me with some logos and input on the design/layout process. I am currently in the process of writing all the forms for the site and linking them to the main system.  I then have a few things to test on my own before I open the pool up for beta access. The first few days will be private access to select members that private messaged me.  I am doing this in case payouts mess up and I do not have a list of a 1000 users to sort payouts with.  After I iron out the bugs with this process, we will open the multipool for everyone to access for the community beta period.  I am now tired and going to bed as I it's 6am here almost and it's almost school time for the kids =P  I will leave you all with a treat. Enjoy.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 11:26:29 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 10:39:36 PM by Sterlingcoin

Sterlingcoin Network & Multipool Update Status

Spencer and I have been working hard with many of the projects currently in development for Sterlingcoin.  The REST API services should be functioning very soon and this will open up a new world to the web wallets as well as a few other surprises we have.  The first theme for the multipool was finished to allow me to see how things fit and look together.  Spencer provided me with some logos and input on the design/layout process. I am currently in the process of writing all the forms for the site and linking them to the main system.  I then have a few things to test on my own before I open the pool up for beta access. The first few days will be private access to select members that private messaged me.  I am doing this in case payouts mess up and I do not have a list of a 1000 users to sort payouts with.  After I iron out the bugs with this process, we will open the multipool for everyone to access for the community beta period.  I am now tired and going to bed as I it's 6am here almost and it's almost school time for the kids =P  I will leave you all with a treat. Enjoy.

In the coming days the 'Cystum Multipool' will launch which will bring a new era of fair mining. The 'Cystum Multipool' is brought to you by the same team behind Sterlingcoin (http://sterlingcoin.org.uk). Matthew Langdon, Spencer Lievens and Steven Saxton are all public and transparent developers.

Users will have the option to register or mine unregistered, however registered users will benefit from greater control of their mining operations. The algorithms upon launch the 'Cystum Multipool' will support will be SHA256, Scrypt, Scrypt-N, Neoscrypt, Hefty-1, X11, X13, X15 and Quark. The most profitable coin of each algorithm will be mined and payouts will be in any coin supported by the multipool.

The 'Cystum Multipool' will enter a closed testing period to ensure everything is working correctly and then we will launch into a public beta phase. With enough miners present on the 'Cystum Multipool' mining and being paid in Sterlngcoin it could really bolster and support the market.

We look forward to mining with you and if you have any questions please ask in the thread or email us: support@sterlingcoin.org.uk

https://twitter.com/SterlingcoinSLG/status/565098237896716288/photo/1

thedok

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:42:42 PM

I thought the whole idea of the multipool would be to pay out solely in slg Huh
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 10:24:40 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 10:34:56 PM by Sterlingcoin

Well the effect is still the same as long as the miners who are part of the Sterlingcoin community mine at Cystum, then the Sterlingcoin price will be supported*. However the work done on the multipool and the way it functions would be wasted if it was simply used to mine coins and payout in Sterlingcoin. By supporting multiple coins for payout we will attract more miners, interest and in turn we hope the awareness of Sterlingcoin is raised and more people wish to be paid in SLG and to be a part of our community. Cystum also provides a fair and safe place for people to mine with the assurance of having public developers with trusted previous work. Cystum could be the answer altcoins are looking for to go against pools such as CleverMining and other such multipools that mine profitable altcoins and dump out for BTC.

*Dependent on hash and other varying factors

tubesteak

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:50:28 PM

Well the effect is still the same as long as the miners who are part of the Sterlingcoin community mine at Cystum, then the Sterlingcoin price will be supported*. However the work done on the multipool and the way it functions would be wasted if it was simply used to mine coins and payout in Sterlingcoin. By supporting multiple coins for payout we will attract more miners, interest and in turn we hope the awareness of Sterlingcoin is raised and more people wish to be paid in SLG and to be a part of our community. Cystum also provides a fair and safe place for people to mine with the assurance of having public developers with trusted previous work. Cystum could be the answer altcoins are looking for to go against pools such as CleverMining and other such multipools that mine profitable altcoins and dump out for BTC.

Great idea, with hopefully a great outcome. Cheers all!

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 12:50:18 AM

Great idea, with hopefully a great outcome. Cheers all!

Yes. Good move to get more folks mining in the multi-pool. Payout options for established PoS only coins is the way forward and will also be advantageous for the pool.

Adding payouts in Mintcoin could certainly get the pool hash rate up.

Perhaps even the new-ish PoS gamer coin GoldPieces might also make for an attention gathering addition ? - It's PoW phase was less than one million coins and PoS blocks reset after staking, which actually makes the 500% PoS rate rather interestingCheesy

Anyway, very much looking forward to mining some more SLG at Cystum multi-pool.  Cool

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
thedok

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:26:39 AM

apart from the fact that slg devs made the pool, I struggle to see how this is a sterlingcoin related project. I mean, its just another multipool with slg as an optional payout. I just don't see how it will raise sterlingcoins profile.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 11:52:33 AM

apart from the fact that slg devs made the pool, I struggle to see how this is a sterlingcoin related project. I mean, its just another multipool with slg as an optional payout. I just don't see how it will raise sterlingcoins profile.

We understand it is hard to see how this will raise the profile of Sterlingcoin as it is not directly linked in name. However Cystum, the Ledger Wallet support, REST API, mobile wallets and all the other systems we are working on are part of an already extensive portfolio which deserves respect and attention.

The raising of the Sterlingcoin profile is something that should definitely be discussed in the upcoming community meeting.

thedok

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:01:40 PM

We understand it is hard to see how this will raise the profile of Sterlingcoin as it is not directly linked in name. However Cystum, the Ledger Wallet support, REST API, mobile wallets and all the other systems we are working on are part of an already extensive portfolio which deserves respect and attention.

The raising of the Sterlingcoin profile is something that should definitely be discussed in the upcoming community meeting.

I fully agree with what you say, but in my opinion as the pool has no direct link to slg (apart from devs)I feel as though it has no place on the timeline or this thread. Sorry for giving you guys a hard time but like I say, its 'just another multipool' isnt it?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 01:23:37 PM

I fully agree with what you say, but in my opinion as the pool has no direct link to slg (apart from devs)I feel as though it has no place on the timeline or this thread. Sorry for giving you guys a hard time but like I say, its 'just another multipool' isnt it?

If the Cystum multi-pool is the 'Official Sterlingcoin Multi-Pool' then that's justification enough for me anyway.

"You can only please some of the people some of the time and all of the people never!"    Grin

ElBurro

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:31:01 PM

If the Cystum multi-pool is the 'Official Sterlingcoin Multi-Pool' then that's justification enough for me anyway.

I agree. Additionally, I don't think the community is large enough (yet) to support an exclusive SLG pool.
thedok

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

"You can only please some of the people some of the time and all of the people never!"    Grin

The slg team arent here to please me, you or anybody else. I just dont see how cystum multipool can be classed as slg dvelopment
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: