Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464105 times)
thedok

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:41:19 PM

Anyways,  thats just my feeling. Have you decided when the mmeeting will be yet devs?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 02:13:20 PM

apart from the fact that slg devs made the pool, I struggle to see how this is a sterlingcoin related project. I mean, its just another multipool with slg as an optional payout. I just don't see how it will raise sterlingcoins profile.

We understand it is hard to see how this will raise the profile of Sterlingcoin as it is not directly linked in name. However Cystum, the Ledger Wallet support, REST API, mobile wallets and all the other systems we are working on are part of an already extensive portfolio which deserves respect and attention.

The raising of the Sterlingcoin profile is something that should definitely be discussed in the upcoming community meeting.

I fully agree with what you say, but in my opinion as the pool has no direct link to slg (apart from devs)I feel as though it has no place on the timeline or this thread. Sorry for giving you guys a hard time but like I say, its 'just another multipool' isnt it?

If the Cystum multi-pool is the 'Official Sterlingcoin Multi-Pool' then that's justification enough for me anyway.

"You can only please some of the people some of the time and all of the people never!"    Grin

The slg team arent here to please me, you or anybody else. I just dont see how cystum multipool can be classed as slg dvelopment

~ "A pessimist is never disappointed"    Smiley

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
thedok

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:29:52 PM

I would have thought that an optimist would never be disappointed
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 03:29:43 PM

apart from the fact that slg devs made the pool, I struggle to see how this is a sterlingcoin related project. I mean, its just another multipool with slg as an optional payout. I just don't see how it will raise sterlingcoins profile.

We understand it is hard to see how this will raise the profile of Sterlingcoin as it is not directly linked in name. However Cystum, the Ledger Wallet support, REST API, mobile wallets and all the other systems we are working on are part of an already extensive portfolio which deserves respect and attention.

The raising of the Sterlingcoin profile is something that should definitely be discussed in the upcoming community meeting.

I fully agree with what you say, but in my opinion as the pool has no direct link to slg (apart from devs)I feel as though it has no place on the timeline or this thread. Sorry for giving you guys a hard time but like I say, its 'just another multipool' isnt it?

If the Cystum multi-pool is the 'Official Sterlingcoin Multi-Pool' then that's justification enough for me anyway.

"You can only please some of the people some of the time and all of the people never!"    Grin

The slg team arent here to please me, you or anybody else. I just dont see how cystum multipool can be classed as slg dvelopment

No, we actually are here for exactly those reasons and more.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 03:36:36 PM

Touché !   Wink

Keep up the good work Spencer and team.

EDIT: Oh, CryptogenicBullion (CGB) just got a new wallet release and a re-brand to CBX ( CryptoBullion ) it is still Scrypt mine-able, although could be another good choice of PoS coin for the multi-pool ?

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 04:14:31 PM

Touché !   Wink

Keep up the good work Spencer and team.

EDIT: Oh, CryptogenicBullion (CGB) just got a new wallet release and a re-brand to CBX ( CryptoBullion ) it is still Scrypt mine-able, although could be another good choice of PoS coin for the multi-pool ?

We will take a look FX Wink

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 05:30:53 AM

Exchanges are not SLG only, payment system are not SLG only. Most things are not SLG only.
By doing a multipool they can get some attention in the short and long terms. People will come and mine in the pool, They will come and mine to get SLG or some shitcoins that soon are going away. When their shitcoins dies then they have to look for something else to get payed in, And that will be SLG for some of them. If you make a multipool for just SLG then you get fewer costumer. If the SLG team can make a good multipool, that will put them up on many websites.

SLG is still to new and it have a to small market cap for making SLG only things. Bitcoin can, doge can, but SLG have to mature first.

Every good thing that you can put the SLG coin in, is a good thing för the SLG.

syyyn

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 05:42:27 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 10:36:41 AM by syyyn

Just here to give everyone a heads up about a website that is scamming.  Localbitcoins.com is a site where you can go trade BTC quick for cash in different methods.  I use this method time to time when I need to pay a bill fast that I may have forgotten about.  Well this is my story of what happened this week.  I started a trade with a user and everything was fine.  It was a Vanilla visa code that was supposed to be sent to me to load a card to pay my bill.  I got the code from the user and then I entered it and to find that the code was already REDEEMED.  So I didn't release my bitcoin to the user and let them know that it was already redeemed.  Of course this user said that I redeemed it but  I did not.  If I did I wouldn't be here writing this!  So now we go in to dispute and I provide all the correct screenshots and logs to localbitcoins to make sure I get my BTC back.  So few days goes by and localbitcoins emails me and releases the funds to the user!  This user then goes and boasts on the forums on how he won his first dispute.  Mind you, I've been a user for over a year on localbitcoins and this user is 3 weeks old.  AWESOME SERVICE LBC. AWESOME.... So now.. I lost my coins... and now it get worse.  I deposited some more BTC while my coins were being held for a dispute to STILL pay my bill off.  Guess what? That BTC is now locked on my account and I can not withdraw it. For what reason? I do not know. All I know is that BTC is mine regardless of who was the scammer in this situation.  So my next guess is that localbitcoins is going to shut my account down and run with my BTC.  So basically I'm here to warn users to not use that site even though there are some good people there.  I have a good feeling that LBC is scamming me and the actual user that scammed me was a member of the site itself or part of their "group."  The good thing is I have some information on where the scammer lives Wink
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:33:31 AM

sorry to hear, but id remove that last line mate. 

Camorra Dev

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:51:27 PM

I thought the whole idea of the multipool would be to pay out solely in slg Huh

In BTC's current state you have to look at a much bigger picture. A coins life is not solely built on "Profile" Continue buy pressure will be put on SLG in addition to having the added benefit of collecting Fees that help all of SLG's future endeavors and paying maintenance fees. Just to keep SLG running it cost money and as more features are added to the coin you need a backend to support it.

SLG awareness?  People want to mine.. Miners have one thing in mind ROI.. When a piece of mining equipment sits still it isn't making money. You have a whole new group of people that will have the opportunity to use their equipment to mine for SLG without putting forth additional BTC. This whole new group of people are what helps distribution of SLG. Some will keep and stake SLG and some will sell for profit. Its creating a sustainable ecosystem.

All the fees the pool generates?? It goes to exposure,support for bills "always increasing) and future endeavors.

Saying the pool that these guys clearly worked hard on has nothing to offer SLG was not thought out..It's not that didn't get things right in this plan.... It's just that they got it right in this plan.

I suggest we start a pool for Syyyn to make up for the lose of his funds.. The Funds that after all helped this community. I myself and another member of (CAM) have given some BTC to Syyyn and don't want a Satoshi of it back.. It was a drop in the bucket but that's all CAM has at the moment.

STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:42:51 PM

Apart from SLG, which coins will be paid out by the Cystum multipool?

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:00:01 PM

Reminder that British users can now buy SterlingCoin via instant bank transfer from https://BuySLG.com. Wink

STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 08:11:28 PM

Reminder that British users can now buy SterlingCoin via instant bank transfer from https://BuySLG.com. Wink

A very useful facility, I'm sure.

However, when I click on the link, I get an "untrusted connection" warning.

This will not inspire confidence in potential users; please deal with.  Wink

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:14:07 PM

Thanks! Smiley  Bit strange about the untrusted connection though, never seen that before.  What browser are you using?

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 09:28:26 PM

This will not inspire confidence in potential users; please deal with.  Wink

Thanks! Smiley  Bit strange about the untrusted connection though, never seen that before.  What browser are you using?

That website is using a currently valid 2048-bit COMODO cert. so you should not be seeing any warnings.

A 'valid' list of around 99% of certificate authorities is include by 'default' in most browser bundles. CA's mainly get included by paying huge sums of money to browser companies to get their companies root certificates included. An untrusted connection warning can appear for numerous reasons, such as the certificate being out of date or the CA's root cert not being included in the browser bundle by 'default'.

For example, on some of my web proxy sites I use 4096-bit CAcert.org certificates for maximum security, as both the private and public keys are max. 4096-bit. However, CAcert.org root certs. are not included by 'default' in the majority of browsers and therefore present a connection warning unless the correct root certs. are installed by a user. Its a bit like using an adobe flash plug-in. The irony being that a valid 4096-bit SSL Cert. is way more secure than a 1024-bit or 2048-bit cert. that most of the commercial CA's charge webmasters for. Loads of root CA's still use and issue only 1024-bit or 2048-bit root certs. Which is enough to secure users, but probably still allows some three letter agencies to easily read your encrypted data as it travels across the internet.

The most 'secure' SSL cert. would arguably be a self-issued and self-signed 4096-bit cert. https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-signed_certificate because you don't have to trust any 3rd parties in respect of the certificate.

You should always inspect an SSL certificate to determine why its not valid though, as something bad could also be happening.

Encryption works, although the entire SSL protocol is mostly old and needs a fresh approach like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wl2FW2TcA

N.B. To anyone reading - this is a general discussion post and does not effect the security of Sterlingcoin.

24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 07:55:38 AM

Great work guys as this is an important step to make the coin accessible to all!
               I know it seems a weird request but can you please add paypal as a payment method ?

The next great leap will be the wallet as using the coin out and about becomes a reality.

How is the API and wallet coming along ?

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 10:22:06 AM

Great work guys as this is an important step to make the coin accessible to all!
               I know it seems a weird request but can you please add paypal as a payment method ?

The next great leap will be the wallet as using the coin out and about becomes a reality.

Thanks 24core, I think making SLG available to those who don't want to go through the hassle of buying Bitcoin and exchanging it for SLG is an important step to improving adoption..  As for PayPal, I have considered it, but due to fraud and the problem of chragebacks I don't think it will happen any time soon.  It's too much of a risk from my perspective, I have spoken to people who run similar platforms who have had to close their doors due to a few fraudulent orders causing them to make a significant loss.

otto93

Activity: 216

Live, Hope, Win

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 10:38:31 AM

Thanks 24core, I think making SLG available to those who don't want to go through the hassle of buying Bitcoin and exchanging it for SLG is an important step to improving adoption..  As for PayPal, I have considered it, but due to fraud and the problem of chragebacks I don't think it will happen any time soon.  It's too much of a risk from my perspective, I have spoken to people who run similar platforms who have had to close their doors due to a few fraudulent orders causing them to make a significant loss.

Chargebacks are a massive risk when using paypal for crypto. They often lock your paypal account while its under dispute.

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 10:46:21 AM

Chargebacks are a massive risk when using paypal for crypto. They often lock your paypal account while its under dispute.

Yea it's too much of a risk, that's why most PayPal > BTC gateways ask for a lot of verification and charge a ridiculous markup, just to cover their arses. BuySLG.com currently only accepts UK bank transfers, due to the fact UK banks generally have very good security (online banking devices and security questions etc) and in 90% of cases the payments are instant..  And since more and more people in the UK use online banking it seems like the most secure and pain free way to do things. Smiley

STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 12:29:43 PM

Thanks! Smiley  Bit strange about the untrusted connection though, never seen that before.  What browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox.
However, BitcoinFX's erudite description of how all this stuff works gave me the confidence to add an 'exception'.
The link now works perfectly, without any warnings.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: