Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:03:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:19:44 AM

New wallet is necessary, the old wallet are always checkin, dont staking Sad

the old wallet works perfectly fine. im just making a new one to prepare for a transition into a new phase of crypto coins. an believe me. after working with this new wallet. i know how coins work forwards, backwards and every which way

old wallet is good but slow
xzh16888

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:08:37 PM

"making a new one to prepare for a transition into a new phase of crypto coins".  But two days of ECC prices are still falling!

Bitnet. VjU9wvNgNe3PwfEgr6k5a7quWppzFvCrJj
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:59:03 PM

"making a new one to prepare for a transition into a new phase of crypto coins".  But two days of ECC prices are still falling!

We have been going up for a month now... and the big jump still has to come starting with the new wallet  Smiley
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 05:20:32 PM

I've said it before and, I'll say it again, don't worry so much about the price, especially right now. The market will make a correction when it's ready...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Sonatix

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:46:28 PM

My wallet show error message "Checkpoint is too old". But wallet full synced (latest version).

WEX.NZ yкpaл y мeня нa 0.5 BTC
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

My wallet show error message "Checkpoint is too old". But wallet full synced (latest version).
Don't pay attention to this message. It will be fixed in the next release of the wallet.
Sonatix

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:57:04 PM

Don't pay attention to this message. It will be fixed in the next release of the wallet.
Thanks Smiley

WEX.NZ yкpaл y мeня нa 0.5 BTC
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

update of the new ecc wallet:

it will not be released this weekend. all rerlease dates as stated on the Griffith Code Section of the www.trustedcryptos.com will be delayed ONE WEEK.

Reason:

New wallet code base has some very inherent BAD problems and minor setbacks,

1. You WILL HAVE to resync. it will not read the old block index files and a resync is mandatory. because of this i will let some nodes do it first then paste the block index files so that everyone else doesnt have to wait for it.

2. there is a very bad problem with checking for proof of work blocks ||| aka, it doesnt work. it errors out and the only way i am getting it to sync right now for PoS testing is i am ignoring several PoW checkpoints.
for obvious reasons i want to address and fix that problem before i release the new wallet.

3. incomplete testing on whether or not the new code actually fixes what i thought it would fix. so i need to sync a wallet first and test the opening times before anything else. if the opening time isnt improved there is something else wrong and the new wallet wont do anything different anyway,

4. need to test that it can read the wallet.dat files. if it cant. then we have an obvious problem.

5. code base is a mess. a lot of hack fixes atm and i feel like the code is being held together by duct-tape. id prefer not to release it like that.

TL;DR    code base messy, 2 Major bugs, new wallet will be delayed 1 week

considering ive done nothing for the past 72 hours besides work on this and sleep. i dont think a week is too long to ask (i do have school assignments during the week otherwise id say 3 days)

Why do not we start with a new blockchain instead of a full re-sync? It's would accelerate the wallet launch time, and would reduce the synchronization time and the size of the chain.

Actually, I'm starting to think that a new chain becomes necessary every ~2 years of cryptocurrency life.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:10:01 PM

update of the new ecc wallet:

it will not be released this weekend. all rerlease dates as stated on the Griffith Code Section of the www.trustedcryptos.com will be delayed ONE WEEK.

Reason:

New wallet code base has some very inherent BAD problems and minor setbacks,

1. You WILL HAVE to resync. it will not read the old block index files and a resync is mandatory. because of this i will let some nodes do it first then paste the block index files so that everyone else doesnt have to wait for it.

2. there is a very bad problem with checking for proof of work blocks ||| aka, it doesnt work. it errors out and the only way i am getting it to sync right now for PoS testing is i am ignoring several PoW checkpoints.
for obvious reasons i want to address and fix that problem before i release the new wallet.

3. incomplete testing on whether or not the new code actually fixes what i thought it would fix. so i need to sync a wallet first and test the opening times before anything else. if the opening time isnt improved there is something else wrong and the new wallet wont do anything different anyway,

4. need to test that it can read the wallet.dat files. if it cant. then we have an obvious problem.

5. code base is a mess. a lot of hack fixes atm and i feel like the code is being held together by duct-tape. id prefer not to release it like that.

TL;DR    code base messy, 2 Major bugs, new wallet will be delayed 1 week

considering ive done nothing for the past 72 hours besides work on this and sleep. i dont think a week is too long to ask (i do have school assignments during the week otherwise id say 3 days)

Why do not we start with a new blockchain instead of a full re-sync? It's would accelerate the wallet launch time, and would reduce the synchronization time and the size of the chain.

Actually, I'm starting to think that a new chain becomes necessary every ~2 years of cryptocurrency life.

no need. you will have the option to sync by downloading an almost complete blockchain, i will be providing a link for you when everythign is ready. also, i believe i have found a way for the wallet to start without loading every block into memory. this means only the last 50,000 blocks will be loaded and the load time for block index (based on testing) averages about 29 seconds when i do it this way, which is a large improvement from the multiple minutes that we are currently dealing with. essentially im making checkpoint loading blocks.

announcement: the new wallet is going to have a DECREASE in the amount of features. There will no longer be: an in wallet block explorer, in wallet IRC chat, or automatic donations from staking (although this will come back later)

we are on track for a release this friday (tomorrow) (assuming something doesnt go crazy wrong in that time)
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:49:50 AM

alright guys. i know i said new wallet today. but ive been throwing up for most of the day. i had some swordfish last night. got food poisoning. it sucks
renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:17:37 AM

Shocked dont worry griff - get well soon - best excuse ever Cheesy

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:30:08 AM

alright guys. i know i said new wallet today. but ive been throwing up for most of the day. i had some swordfish last night. got food poisoning. it sucks

Take it easy on deadlines (any NewTech professional understands timings are only provisional) . The community knows you can deliver. Thanks for the update.
QuaiD

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:34:27 PM

Get well soon   Smiley
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:29:06 PM

okay guys. i was back last night and today i am visiting famly so 100% wallet release tomorrow. (i can almost promise).

someone must have herd that i was able to get the total wallet load time down from 8 minutes to ~30 seconds because someone bought all the way up to 500 litesats on allcoin.

going to do some finalizing on a few gui issues that we are having (mostly the fact that you cant see your addresses anymore XD). once that is fixed i will upload the wallet
Globee07

Activity: 397
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:01:46 PM

okay guys. i was back last night and today i am visiting famly so 100% wallet release tomorrow. (i can almost promise).

someone must have herd that i was able to get the total wallet load time down from 8 minutes to ~30 seconds because someone bought all the way up to 500 litesats on allcoin.

going to do some finalizing on a few gui issues that we are having (mostly the fact that you cant see your addresses anymore XD). once that is fixed i will upload the wallet

Cant wait for that update cus ive been struggling to get my walled synced Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:12:27 AM

That would be a nice birthday present for me... looking forward :-)

Regards Goldmaxx

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:37:33 PM

That would be a nice birthday present for me... looking forward :-)

Regards Goldmaxx

im trying. i am testing my multithreading for loading the wallet right now (i can explain in more depth in a minute)
Globee07

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:11:59 PM

Can you please help me with this issue Griffith?
Finally managed to sync up my wallet however my balance still shows 0 when i clearly had an incmoning transaction with x amount of ECC back in 2014 june, I have kept it in the wallet since then but now im unable to access it.

(blured the address and the amount)

Thanks in advance

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:17:43 PM

Finally managed to sync up my wallet however my balance still shows 0 when i clearly had an incmoning transaction with x amount of ECC back in 2014 june, I have kept it in the wallet since then but now im unable to access it.

Thanks in advance

You can go to Help in the top menu, then click debug window, when that opens go to Console then you type  repairwallet , then enter that should fix the problem
Globee07

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:31:25 PM

Thanks in advance

You can go to Help in the top menu, then click debug window, when that opens go to Console then you type  repairwallet , then enter that should fix the problem

Awesome it worked! thank you!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: