Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:00:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:31:06 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 01:44:34 PM by Remy_5

Proof of Development is a thing where the lead devs submit personal ID so that it is verified that they are the developer of the coin. like a drivers lisence or something since you can use anything as a screen name on here and have no way of proving two accounts belong to the same person.
i dont think there is a practical side to it. its mostly there for people to have someone to yell at if the coin price drops (in my opinion) but it can never be used to take any action against the person (nor should it be used to be) so i think its kinda pointless.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I understand now, so it's kind of a test to see if the programmer believes so in his plan to "put his face," and I mean to risk, his personal and professional reputation.

I mistakenly thought that instead was something more "technical" and difficult, a kind of portfolio verifiable with previous collaborations in other projects or personal projects lead to success, something that in fact would guarantee investors that the programmer is a person capable technically, and normally actually realizes what he starts, and it does so in the time periods specified.
In two words that he is both skilled and reliable.

But perhaps this is even more difficult to prove than anything else, due to the difficulty of achieving it evenly, and also because past successes can not guarantee the repetition on the future.

About your caution about disclosure of personal data basically agree with you.

So I'm pretty curious about what you intend to do about the Clear Send, or how you choose to call it.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:05:37 PM

Could you consider doing a POD?
Not that you need it,but some people don't invest in a coin without a POD.

Several times I have seen mention to this Proof of Development, but never fully
understood the meaning.

On the practical side what it is, what it refers to?

Proof of Development is a thing where the lead devs submit personal ID so that it is verified that they are the developer of the coin. like a drivers lisence or something since you can use anything as a screen name on here and have no way of proving two accounts belong to the same person.
i dont think there is a practical side to it. its mostly there for people to have someone to yell at if the coin price drops (in my opinion) but it can never be used to take any action against the person (nor should it be used to be) so i think its kinda pointless.

like i dont care if people know me. Im Griffith, im 19, and im a college student going for a masters in software engineering. but im not gunna send someone my drivers lisence or passport. i like to keep photos of my official documentation off the internet. in fact i like to keep most of my information of the internet besdies name and age and general non specific details because i dont want other people to impersonate me or steal my shit

I agree with you 100% Griffith! There is way to much ID theft and general criminal activity to blindly trust someone with your personal information. I don't think POD is the way to go right now but, in the future, some form of proof may be needed or desirable.

Think of it this way, when you buy something online from any one of the hundreds of thousands of companies operating in net space, do you know who, personally, you are buying from? No, not in 99% of the cases.

So, for know, trust is what you make of it. It's all part of investing and flows from the one true fact here in cryptocurrency: "Never invest more than you can afford to loose."

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:09:32 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I think I understand now, so it's kind of a test to see if the programmer believes so in his plan to "put his face," and I mean to risk, his personal and professional reputation.

I mistakenly thought that instead was something more "technical" and difficult, a kind of portfolio verifiable with previous collaborations in other projects or personal projects lead to success, something that in fact would guarantee investors that the programmer is a person capable technically, and normally actually realizes what he starts, and it does so in the time periods specified.
In two words that he is both skilled and reliable.

But perhaps this is even more difficult to prove than anything else, due to the difficulty of achieving it evenly, and also because past successes can not guarantee the repetition on the future.

About your caution about disclosure of their personal data basically agree with you.

So I'm pretty curious about what you intend to do about the Clear Send, or how you choose to call it.

there were two things that were do be done with that. one was that, if you click on your transaction tab in the wallet it will list everything you have done. your personal ledger. i plan on building in a function that when you enter a wallet address it will give you that persons ledger. it makes it easier to see what everyone has and what they have been doing. the other one was a better way to sotre data in the chain. but i havent worked out the details. i will have a multipool being started up pretty soon. working on the python for that this weekend. i will post more updates soon.

i am going to adjust the first post in the thread to add a section to tell what is ging to be the next thing that will be put out so it is more clear
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:04:06 AM

ECC will have a chance of survival if the current developers join the Supernetwork, or at least think about the concept. It is worth investigation, because I believe the future for alts is in collaboration.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

Most struggling coins will probably reject this idea, and try to make it alone.

xzh16888

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:41:24 AM

EasyClearCoin the max coin age for PoS is 84 days (minimum being 8 hours)
ECC stored in the wallet more than 8 hours had interest?

Bitnet. VjU9wvNgNe3PwfEgr6k5a7quWppzFvCrJj
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:41:30 AM

EasyClearCoin the max coin age for PoS is 84 days (minimum being 8 hours)
ECC stored in the wallet more than 8 hours had interest?

this means it is possible for the coin to stake at any time between 8 hours and 84 days since your last stake as long as your wallet is open. if it goes over 84 days since your wallet last staked, the coins will stake immediately.

OKAY GUYS. LETS TRY TO GET THE COIN ON BITTREX. HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP.

all you have to do is send bittrex support a message saying the following:

Hi,
i would like to request that you add an ECCoin/BTC Trading pair to the bittrex exchange. We have a new active dev, Griffith, who has taken over since hostmaster left the coin some time ago. ECC needs a place where we can buy and sell ECC. The coins github is https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/tree/master . We have an active community and team of leadership.
Thank you for your consideration

If everyone could send them that message we will get a listing and trading will not only be a lot easier but we will get much more volume.
crazymike79

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:17:02 AM

Wow, I just lost over 400K coins syncing up to this updated wallet  Undecided

To be expected I guess?  I thought I was on the "correct" Mintpal chain before.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:53:18 AM

Hello, Can you go to  help -->debug window --> console

Then type : repairwallet   and push enter

immeraba

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:02:13 PM

Email sent !!
But I believe volume depends on more things than the exchange itself...
PR is needed !!

crazymike79

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:16:41 PM

That worked like a charm...439K coins saved from repair.  Thank you!

Let's get this show on the road...
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

That worked like a charm...439K coins saved from repair.  Thank you!

Let's get this show on the road...

Your welcome  Wink
anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:31:25 PM

SILK, Wankcoin and now ECC are my 3 long term investments now.  Thank you new ecc devs for bringing this coin back to life.  these coins are always the most enjoyable to watch.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
garicson

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:06:19 AM

why coin control dont show minted coins?
allen wong

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:26:22 AM

why coin control dont show minted coins?

me too
satoutaka6612

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:27:09 AM

Two days ago
(Eccoin) about 1.5 million, I was sent to the exchange
Your purse has been completed
Is not reflected in the exchange
Version: 1.8.4

;; That 1.5 million has disappeared

Thanks to the support of Dev and allcoin.com
Lost coins has been recognized
Thank you

But, then, a similar phenomenon has appeared in swisscex
;; coins from swisscex does not appear to me

By the way, why such a phenomenon or will appear?
Phenomenon that occurs frequently is the anxiety.
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:44:02 AM

Two days ago
(Eccoin) about 1.5 million, I was sent to the exchange
Your purse has been completed
Is not reflected in the exchange
Version: 1.8.4

;; That 1.5 million has disappeared

Thanks to the support of Dev and allcoin.com
Lost coins has been recognized
Thank you

But, then, a similar phenomenon has appeared in swisscex
;; coins from swisscex does not appear to me

By the way, why such a phenomenon or will appear?
Phenomenon that occurs frequently is the anxiety.

The problem is that the old developer left a mess behind, that we are cleaning up...

I have resend the following to Swisscex:

Hello,

Untill today we have had no response on ticket #2399. (20th August 2014)

Swisscex is on the wrong blockchain for ECCoin. Holders of ECC are complaining on the Official ECC BCTalk Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=728071.0

Please update your wallet to 1.8.4.0

Our Github is  https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin
There is our latest version that is 1.8.4.0

We have 2 block explorers up:
http://38.93.234.101:8080/chain/ECCoin
and our new experimental:
http://38.93.234.100:3000

Thank you,

Michael
elizabethcrypto

Activity: 41
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:52:24 AM

SILK, Wankcoin and now ECC are my 3 long term investments now.  Thank you new ecc devs for bringing this coin back to life.  these coins are always the most enjoyable to watch.

By long term investment you mean you are bagholding...
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:54:34 AM

SILK, Wankcoin and now ECC are my 3 long term investments now.  Thank you new ecc devs for bringing this coin back to life.  these coins are always the most enjoyable to watch.

Bagholding is an term invented by day-traders....not everybody is a day-trader  Wink

I am a proud bagholder since 2012 of BTC
renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:15:48 AM

SILK, Wankcoin and now ECC are my 3 long term investments now.  Thank you new ecc devs for bringing this coin back to life.  these coins are always the most enjoyable to watch.

Bagholding is an term invented by day-traders....not everybody is a day-trader  Wink

I am a proud bagholder since 2012 of BTC

day trader is a term invented by coffee and a cigarette traders.

renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:05:55 PM

swisscex have updated their wallet
https://www.swisscex.com/market/ECC_BTC
https://www.swisscex.com/market/ECC_LTC
12h
 Swiss Coin Exchange @swisscex
ECCoin wallet updated (v1.8.4.0)
@eccoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: