Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:36:27 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 03:55:34 PM by Griffith

i modded the conf file slightly. that fixed it. needed that 1 connect to get an initial connection so that the rest could seed. my b on that

What if that node is down... no one can seed? Can we add a secondary connect?

if you already have a populated peer.dat file then you actually will never need a node. it is just for people who are connecting for the first time. also i am in possesion of the physical device. it is right next to me. so it should never go down. also there are two other nodes listen in the DNS list in net.cpp. so there shouldnt be a problem finding one of the three nodes.

I still got the same error I was getting with the 1.8.4 wallet about memory.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it happened the first time I ran the new wallet.

i will look into that

I'm getting lots of these errors and no syncing on the latest version:

ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : hash doesn't match nBits
ERROR: CBlock::ReadFromDisk() : errors in block header

contact me in IRC sheep
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:21:13 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 08:54:53 PM by Griffith

ECC wallet v1.9 is out. block explorer now built into wallet as well as IRC chat. mem leak fixed. shouldnt close after a few hours anymore. ECCoin.conf updated

I think your wallet is seriously broken:

- stops syncing (or even crashes) after about every 20000 blocks and has to be restarted
- Balance/Stake/Unconfirmed each show zero, even when there are lots of transactions with thousands of confirmations under transactions (which are visible in the (old) blockchain explorer as well).

Started with (besides wallet.dat and .conf file) empty ECC-folder under Win7 64.

to fix the coin bug. just go into the help>debug window> console> repairwallet

and that fixes that. also the sync thing is because of all the forks there used to be. it will get stuck at... 86400 for a while and u may need to reopen  also at 96400, but after that it should download blocks fine.

i will also be doing tests very shortly to see if i can fix the sync reboot problem. its a deeply rooted problem but in sure i can get a fix in once i figure out how an easy way to get it to not use bad chains.

UPDATE: i looked into the sync issue for you more. at block 86400, for some reason the wallet connections time out and the wallet must be restarted. that is confirmed. once restarted it doesnt have a problem continueing until it hits.... 96400 and does the same thing. so a restart is needed there too. actually that 96400 restart isnt confirmed. but after that i was able to sync to full without touching it, it just took a little while. i will see if i can locate that 86400 stop issue and speed up the speed at which it downloads blocks.
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:53:18 PM

Works. All coins (minus about 5000 which got somehow lost in the process, but I can live with that) show up now under "Stake".
The confirmed ones should also show up under "Balance" which they don't, though.

UPDATE: i looked into the sync issue for you more. at block 86400, for some reason the wallet connections time out and the wallet must be restarted. that is confirmed. once restarted it doesnt have a problem continueing until it hits.... 96400 and does the same thing. so a restart is needed there too. actually that 96400 restart isnt confirmed. but after that i was able to sync to full without touching it, it just took a little while. i will see if i can locate that 86400 stop issue and speed up the speed at which it downloads blocks.

I needed more than that, the sync stop at the following heights:

228413 (end of sync)

96400 did NOT cause a stop here...

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:23:29 PM

Works. All coins (minus about 5000 which got somehow lost in the process, but I can live with that) show up now under "Stake".
The confirmed ones should also show up under "Balance" which they don't, though.

I needed more than that, the sync stop at the following heights:

228413 (end of sync)

96400 did NOT cause a stop here...

if it is under stake it isnt under balance because they arent coins you can spend atm. also im playing with the node right now and tweaking it. i have found that after X block (havent exactly determined what X is) every Nlimit blocks it waits 3 ish minutes to get another Nlimit from the node and im tyring to figure out why that is so i can remove the wait time.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:29:57 PM

SO any news with this coin and its current status seems very quite about the place other than  a take over and back on a few exchanges but really low volume.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:51:11 PM

SO any news with this coin and its current status seems very quite about the place other than  a take over and back on a few exchanges but really low volume.

i am working on basic infrastructure right now. some new things are coming in the very near future.

on another note. i think i found a possible fix to the block chain slowness in downloads. some more testing will reveal if this is actually going to work
Jacksp

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:43:40 PM

i am working on basic infrastructure right now. some new things are coming in the very near future.

on another note. i think i found a possible fix to the block chain slowness in downloads. some more testing will reveal if this is actually going to work
Thanks!
Tell us about new things please Smiley
When will be available? relaunch will be a good option, we have too many coins, we need be a btc market, not ltc market
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:52:04 PM

there was a period in which anyone who was trying to update there block chain with the new wallet couldnt connect. i figured out why this is. there is a time speed tradeoff built into the wallet. i had exceeded the time limits in an attempt to get the chains to sync faster. i am on gigabit connection so when i set the new speed it worked for me and everyone near me due to the high speed. if you arent on gigabit though u wouldnt be able to sync.

i have since reverted this change on the nodes. added a new node to the conf file. there should NOT be a connect=[ip] in your conf file anymore. this was a mistake to suggest it. there is no need to update your wallet, the changes were only on the nodes end. i will more than likely attempt to fix this speed issue by messing around with some of the net values in the future, but for right now you should be able to sync. as for those blocks you get stuck on. that went away with the speed changes but since i went back they might be there again, so you might have to reopen your wallet a few times to sync properly. i will be trying to fix this in the future.

as for saying what is going to be new with ECC, i have a few things i am working on but i want to get an alpha for it out at least before so give me a few days.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:15:39 AM

Thanks for the updates. Still got my stock of coins staking away. Hope this cone comes back to life as it seems the work is being worked on now. As before things just died out hoping for a come back on this cone and to put to use some of the coins am holing.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:47:15 PM

Thanks!
Tell us about new things please Smiley
When will be available? relaunch will be a good option, we have too many coins, we need be a btc market, not ltc market

Imagine that you (or someone else) believe ECC will get up again. Traders would be ALL in.. over LTC markets to invest!

=) Although I understand your position.

Remember.. good investments should not be costly! They just should be risky! Plan for what you value. And decide on what you think is a good investment. Then wait.. time will tell you the result.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:46:36 PM

what are the plans of ecc? to make the coin bigger in price?
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 06:06:35 AM

Hello DEV.

I got following error very often and I need to re-start the application/wallet.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

So, Please let me know, is there any solution?
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:38:30 AM

Hello DEV.

I got following error very often and I need to re-start the application/wallet.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

So, Please let me know, is there any solution?
also having this problem.

BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:31:20 PM

Update to 1.9.1.0 (over github) and report back.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

I have been running the Mac-Wallet myself for a week now. There are no problems on this moment. If you run the Mac-Wallet with a .conf file, then I advise you to rename the ECCoin.conf to ECCoin.conf.old . I noticed that the wallet connects beter without the .conf file.

Wink Michael
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:03:23 PM

I have been running the Mac-Wallet myself for a week now. There are no problems on this moment. If you run the Mac-Wallet with a .conf file, then I advise you to rename the ECCoin.conf to ECCoin.conf.old . I noticed that the wallet connects beter without the .conf file.

Wink Michael

That's assuming you already connected before and you have a peers.dat file, with all peers. Therefore the wallet will not enforce the .conf peers first and it will use the "reputation" of each peer.

But thanks for the input =) always valuable.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:18:52 PM

Wink Michael

That's assuming you already connected before and you have a peers.dat file, with all peers. Therefore the wallet will not enforce the .conf peers first and it will use the "reputation" of each peer.

No, The wallet runs beter, even a fresh instalation without the .conf file. Cheers
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:22:08 PM

Wink Michael

No, The wallet runs beter, even a fresh instalation without the .conf file. Cheers

Sorry you are right. Griffith set some static IPs for the initial discovery. So you will not need .conf file =) Mac is Mac! =)
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:26:10 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 04:24:18 PM by Griffith

The runtime error is only on windows. i know it is there. i thought i fixed it in 1.9.0 but it turns out i only slowed it down because it has happened to me twice on windows as well just not as often. im guessing it is a memory leak. but it doesnt give me and error so i cant actually be sure. i have a few guesses at what it might be. im trying to work this out as soon as i can. but no actual error message other than that very non specific one, it might take me a few days

and yes, the wallet does actually run better without a conf file.

Update to 1.9.1.0 (over github) and report back.

there is no 19.91 just 1.9.0

1.9.1 was an update that wasnt pushed because it was bad changes that actually didnt work and i never released it. and 1.9.2 is in alpha so dont that that one either, the next update will be 2.0, everything else before that is just me tinkering to try and fix problems

i have possibly located the problem, i found a thread that was being created and instantiating variables but doing nothing with them. i will report back with more progress soon
sheepman

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:43:23 PM

Latest changes breaks the Unix make file too:

/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
make: *** No rule to make target `obj/irc.o', needed by `eccoind'.  Stop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: