Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375362 times)
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 09:12:08 PM

Update on the m-face team members:

Old MagiTeam members (mostly remaining in the m-face as well)
111magic, SamWalters, ex33s, jawitech, Blackcoiner, xmgmx

New members in extended MagiTeam (m-face)
kondiomir, go6ooo1212, prfagun1, digibob00, BitcoinFX, NeedIfFindIt, Spexx, hefty, Lightsplasher, Historical, Erkallys

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10559436#msg10559436
(it's very ease to join, just let me know if you intend to be one of us)

Here we welcome Erkallys!

As I spoke to Erkallys when he asked to join, the current status is that "I am barely able to push the m-project forward effectively right now". So now the project is no more than a name; other than that the growth of members is an indication in part the growth of the community though. Smiley Some stuffs of mine I have to deal with need settling down, afterwards I will turn the most of time currently spent somewhere back to the coin stuffs and push the m-project forward. Special thanks to all people around in the community, posting and answering questions. I do see our special members here since the beginning. That's the merit of the magi.

Welcome Royalwebgrup!  Your in the Magi-face.
Magi Team keeps growing and thats good news!
Joe can you add Royalwebgrup to the list?

Welcome TonySon! Your in the Magi-face.
Good luck with your Magi promotions in Vietnam.
Any questions don't hesitate just ask here or pm.
Magi welcomes the Vietnamese community!

Yeah welcome, lets have a party to celebrate at your place TonySon  Grin
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:23:16 PM

Hmm.. I have birthday soon. I'm accepting gifts as i7 5860x   Cool

When Magi reaches 10$ , I'll personally give you that birthday present
End of 2015!  Smiley

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:38:35 PM

End of 2015!  Smiley

Let it be for the summer , I want buy a property near black sea...
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:36:56 PM

End of 2015!  Smiley

Naaaa ...

Next week mate Wink

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:07:38 PM

well, good to hear.... but the reward is BULL$HIT  Angry

Sorry. You are mistaken.

Over the longer term, the rewards work out generally to 2% equivalent APR.

There will be fluctuations in the absolute amounts of the awards. There will be changes in the rate at which the rewards come in. There will be changes in the staking weight and the staking amount shown by the wallet. There will be changes in the total Network weight as well - it depends on how many wallets are open and staking and how much XMG they have in them at any given time. It depends on how long ago you sent all your coins to yourself. Yada yada yada.

Lots of variables. I have trouble getting my head around it. I have looked into it a few times and end up staring at a blank wall contemplating the true nature of the universe. I have decided that it has nothing whatsoever to do with Quantum Theory nor Relativity and that it is just a manifestation of the random nature of randomness itself and maybe fractals have got something to do with it as well. I am happy with this delusion.

When I have come down from this state of contemplation, I usually turn to the raw figures for salvation. These show that in fact, taking a three-day rolling window to even-out the randomness a bit, the income generated is roughly equivalent to 2% equivalent APR, plus or minus.

This keeps popping out of the figures. I can't ignore it Wink

Individual transactions might seem very little, but it is how often you get them that matters and how they add up. In many ways it is similar to the steady drip-drip-drip you get from mining on the pools. A bit random in both size and frequency. Certainly I get some "interest" from the XMG wallet a lot more often (I mean a LOT more often) than I get some interest from my "regular" savings account.

Stop ya bitchin' Cheesy

All I do is send all my coins to myself every 30 days. It works Smiley

royalwebgrup

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:18:14 PM

End of 2015!  Smiley

information CLICK HERE Smiley

This account was saved from the Cloudminr.io database hack. If you're the owner of this account, send guitarplinker a PM with a signed message from an address posted by this account before July 11th, 2015 and I'll send the account details back to you.
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:44:49 PM

Alright then. Here we go ...

Quick giveaway

First person to interpret this screenshot and say exactly what is going on is:-

A) very clever and

B) getting 50 XMG in their wallet just as soon as I know the address to send it to (assuming they are right of course).

View the image here

Ok. Off you go then Cheesy

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:34:04 AM

Thanks Spexx for the active posts, and many helpful replies.

Hmm.. I have birthday soon. I'm accepting gifts as i7 5860x   Cool

End of 2015!  Smiley

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/GRjMgG0.jpg[/img]

A great support here as well, appreciated friends.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:36:15 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 06:00:21 AM by feldenthorne

Congrats on getting SpeedFan to work! I don't remember what you were going to use the CPU temp for (was it limiting the miner?) but that has to be a pain in the rear to get going.

Did you end up using a Python hook or something? I should really look into batch files to support some of the Windows stuff that I release...

Edit: 70% CPU usage for 60*C is fantastic, actually. I just checked out what I get with the legacy miner in my VM, since this reminded me I could do that, and Windows tells me I was pushing 72*C.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:50:37 AM

Welcome royalwebgrup and TonySon; you're our new faces.

feldenthorne, would you like to have your name in the line as well? I didn't forget the db stuff, but need to find a time slot, so does the m-face that is just a name at this moment, nothing special yet..

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:55:04 AM

Add me into the party.  Cheesy

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:11:53 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 02:24:05 AM by joelao95

can someone tell me somthing about the stake system?
I'd repos some prior posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9991269#msg9991269
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10025120#msg10025120
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10086494#msg10086494
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10182567#msg10182567

my last reward was 0.02718772 XMG
my balance was around 1600
and my stake was around 400
so compare to me you got a better reward

well, good to hear.... but the reward is BULL$HIT  Angry

It's true that PoS reward seems trivial. However, the situation is rather complicated and there is never rightful direction we can take easily. It is always the truth that when one gets satisfied with a type of reward, there are other people who can get far more than the generic; the system will be abused by then. The nature is to get limitation into the system and the things are balanced out to each other.

The maxim PoS APR is 5%; with the PoS-II mechanism comes an effective APR less than the designed maximum. The maxim interest is decided rather qualitatively based on my research of a few other coins. I am sure I am not convinced by the high rate like 10%+.

I am also under the impression that mining should not be solely for profits but to maintain the system we reply on, so does the PoS-II. PoS-II is much secure, and we can reply on it to mitigate the risk of attacking via the PoW chain as people indicated, which would be more of importance than the staking for reward.  

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:22:54 AM

feldenthorne, would you like to have your name in the line as well? I didn't forget the db stuff, but need to find a time slot, so does the m-face that is just a name at this moment, nothing special yet..

I'm alright, Joe. When I get swamped with work, I tend to disappear from personal/hobby-related projects for quite a while. I'd rather not disappear like that when I'm part of a team.

And about the BDB stuff, just make sure to send me a PM or comment on the GitHub pull request to let me know your decision. I can also split the (armv7 fix+armv6 addition) and the BDB version bump into separate repos/pull requests if that's more convenient for you.
light85bit

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:54:36 AM

Alright then. Here we go ...

Quick giveaway

First person to interpret this screenshot and say exactly what is going on is:-

A) very clever and

B) getting 50 XMG in their wallet just as soon as I know the address to send it to (assuming they are right of course).

View the image here

Ok. Off you go then Cheesy

This? You are extracting cpu temp, then make a new miner version that have a function limit cpu usage by temp Grin We knew it when you ask for a cpu temp tool  Grin
Let's make it fast Spexx, we're waiting for your magic  Grin
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:01:30 AM

I'm alright, Joe. When I get swamped with work, I tend to disappear from personal/hobby-related projects for quite a while. I'd rather not disappear like that when I'm part of a team.

And about the BDB stuff, just make sure to send me a PM or comment on the GitHub pull request to let me know your decision. I can also split the (armv7 fix+armv6 addition) and the BDB version bump into separate repos/pull requests if that's more convenient for you.
Understood; will do, feldenthorne.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:02:09 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 02:44:51 AM by joelao95

i am writing a draft i need your input please, i need some answers on that questions:
Thanks for the efforts.

- is Magi safe? is it safer than Bitcoin or other alt currencies? if yes, why?
It is hard to make the comparison. Regarding the PoM, frankly I don't know, but I'd tell PoS-II is more secure than any else. I don't want to appear to be too aggressive, but it's the design I have made up to to resolve prior issues. Please read the PoS-II section in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9991269#msg9991269 (what are the issues and what we have tried to solve). But it's rather the argument based on what I have thought, and its validity can only be seen over time. The argument is valid as long as we don't see or think about any holes in this system.

Looking at the coin overall, we have to consider the PoM as well. The block time for PoS and PoM are 1.5 min and 3 min respectively, that means PoS dominates mostly. So I'd say, since PoS is secure, XMG is a secure coin as well. Seriously, however, we have to evaluate how secure the PoM is, and that is somehow beyond my thinking at this time, particularly I am lack of time to look into it any further. Now I do have a plan to look into the PoM and its algo (to-do list). Taking it as a serious coin, we have to be serious.

- Magi is fast (that's a fact, i have use it!), why it's so fast? how many times faster than Bitcoin? it will stay faster or it's faster because it haves smaller block-chain?
The hybrid PoW/PoS-II yields block time of 1 min in average, so it is faster than Bitcoin.

- What else is making Magi different?
Be in nature.

One may wonder why subjects existing in universe won't break apart? Because of the gravity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTiKOy59o4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ13orvIb80

One may also wonder why subjects don't get crushed? Because of the repulsive forces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBziGRxsYv0

The nature is amazing.

Huge amount of energies consumed in the cryptocurrency has been a big issue, which is totally opposite to the global efforts in saving energy. This issue should be resolved sooner or later in order to advance the cryptocurrency any further. As one of the possible solutions, that's the reason we have PoS. However, the pure PoS mode would never give rise to decentralization. Any approaches are vain if decentralization cannot be maintained, unless one agrees with a coin with limited time of mining or with total premining, or the such likes. The PoW should be remained in order to distribute coins into a broad audience over time.

The basic rule of dealing with the energy concern is to involve a "braking" mechanism in coin design. Such a rule exists in every piece of things in nature: why earth/electrons should circle the sun/nucleus without collapsing or departure? or just imagine a vehicle without brakes. Bitcoin or litecoin does not put actual limits in the rewards, or that simply not functioning properly. That's where magi plugs in.  

Does anyone catch the idea in the following figure, alike the magi block reward versus difficulty, right?

Source: http://www.cambridgemedchemconsulting.com/DDResources/mol_interactions/molecular_interactions.html

The above idea is incorporated in the design of the magi, both PoW and PoS-II, and that in my view should be the crucial factor towards developing a healthy system including cryptocurrency.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
ulfie

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:20:46 AM

Anyone have an address of a working .onion node for XMG on Tor?
PM me if you do.
Cheers
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:43:09 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 06:01:25 AM by Lightsplasher

The umbilical cord of the Goddess spirals down from the heavens sending the love energy of mama bear to the planet as the earth prepares to greet her with the new birth of clean energy, workable economies, peaceful cohabitation, health, and wealth.  Let the magic spring forth.

This is kind of my attempt at putting the XMG logo in a local picture around here, but I'm kind of a space cadet in case you guys haven't guessed.  Cheesy

First one who figures out what mountain this is gets 55 xmg from my personal funds, however, I'm going to sleep now and it will be some time before I look for replies.  Smiley
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:27:36 AM

Herewith, an eclectic mix of Magi related services and general propaganda, referred to as MyMagi (I think I had to much free time yesterday!)   Grin

MyMagi CPU Cloud Mining Guide - http://mymagi.grn.cc

MyMagi Web Based Proxies - http://mymagi.uk.ht , http://mymagi.ws.gy , http://mymagi.ye.vc , http://mymagi.cc.vg and http://mymagi.xx.tn

All free domains on free hosting. I think the web host serves some ads, so installing ad-block plus or ad-block edge is probably recommended. Do not rely on these type of web proxies for strong anonymity or privacy.

Do rely on the Tor Network for strong anonymity and privacy.

MyMagi Tor Relay Server (Non-Exit) - http://tor.mymagi.grn.cc - https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/273D27CCF486A8A6C770B6C9117602BF11312246

Any revenues and contributions to existing MyMagi services will go towards new Tor Relay Servers and perhaps some paid hosting and a TLD.  Tongue  

Nice well done! Think activity from the community is very important and good! I also will sent you some coins tonight!

Thank you very much 111magic.

The services are fairly basic, although should help to bring some new users to CPU mining Magi. I have a bunch of other 'free web proxy' domains that have been running on this web host for well over 6 months now. Had to fine tune the settings and limits to keep them working as best as possible (service is fairly temperamental at peek / busy times) and no idea how long the free hosting will remain!

Anyway, I keep these sites in weekly rotation in many proxy lists across the web and will also be adding the 468x60 banner to various traffic exchanges for the CPU mining guide.

MyMagi Tor Relay will always be kept running.

Cheers!

Oh, almost forgot: MyMagi addnode=108.61.197.252

Maybe this might help Ulfie!

Some more links:

mymagi1de - Tor Relay (Non-Exit) - Germany - https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/F7FEB89E30F87DC3B632BFC452E7880EA2A5419B

mymagi1fr - Tor Relay (Non-Exit) - France - https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/693F83EB6743EC4DFAC1A98BBA7F887EAC9103D1

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:59:28 AM

End of 2015!  Smiley

Nice well done RoyalWebgrup!
See lot of activity from our community here!
Really proud to be a member of the unique Coin of the Magi.

Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: