Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:57:18 PM

Can anyone even fathom the value of a 1 oz silver coin with 1k SDC on them after the collapse if everything runs smoothly with SDC and it really gets as big as some of us believe  hahaha my god just think about it please real physical money with real untraceable digital money stored on it  Shocked

You could print key information in the white space on dollar bills, to make them represent SDC. As long as you do not represent them as being worth more than $1 in US legal tender you're legal. The advantage of that is you can register the serial numbers of the bills, and anyone who tries to counterfeit your paper SDC gets to deal with the Secret Service because they have to also counterfeit US currency in the process.

Wouldnt that leave the person that made the original paper SDC that isnt representing more than $1 in US legal tender still going to get a visit from the Secret Service because they as well counterfeited the US currency, just added their own SDC tweaks?  Wouldnt that be the same case for someone who tried copying someone elses paper SDC?

No, because you didn't claim you could use the bill with legal tender value more than a dollar. As far as the government is concerned, the bill is still worth a dollar, they will treat it like a dollar and they can do whatever they want with the SDC key. But somebody who produced a fake bill took a piece of paper worth $0 and claims it is a legal tender bill worth $1, that's the crime.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:01:26 PM

You could print key information in the white space on dollar bills, to make them represent SDC.

hmmm printing keys on dollar bills...  Could we use this for some kind of marketing campaign?  Kind of like the 'where's george' tracker for dollars.  250+ million bills have been entered and tracked for a total of 1.35 billion dollars. 

For those that are not familiar with this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wheres+george&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8EpWVfjyOMG6sQXvyIGgBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=965

Some rough ideas on how can we make this work.

Need a stamp to mark dollar bills and a website to track those dollars.  The site will provide information about SDC and could act like a faucet.  Make the bill redeemable for $1 worth of SDC or maybe just 1 SDC.  To earn the SDC the person would need to enter the information on the bill, download the wallet, and provide a new address for receiving the free SDC.  There needs to be a simple how-to from start to finish.

This could work really good if the market was functional.  We can create an official SDC store that could sell some cheap items like SDC branded stickers, key chains, etc... Just some things cheap enough to get them to spend that free SDC and see it in action.

If done right, this tracking site could generate some ad revenue too.  This revenue should be used to buy more SDC for the faucet and inventory for the official store.

That's a good idea. You can set up a template in a laser printer to print on the bills instead of using a stamp.

Another fun thing I thought of was a really hard trivia contest. 52 questions, the answer to each one resolves to a character in the private key. Get them all right, and you have the key and there are coins waiting for you in the address. People would really get into that.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:26:55 AM

Ok I bought a few. Lets go for this ride.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 05:03:31 AM

You could print key information in the white space on dollar bills, to make them represent SDC.

hmmm printing keys on dollar bills...  Could we use this for some kind of marketing campaign?  Kind of like the 'where's george' tracker for dollars.  250+ million bills have been entered and tracked for a total of 1.35 billion dollars. 

For those that are not familiar with this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wheres+george&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8EpWVfjyOMG6sQXvyIGgBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=965

Some rough ideas on how can we make this work.

Need a stamp to mark dollar bills and a website to track those dollars.  The site will provide information about SDC and could act like a faucet.  Make the bill redeemable for $1 worth of SDC or maybe just 1 SDC.  To earn the SDC the person would need to enter the information on the bill, download the wallet, and provide a new address for receiving the free SDC.  There needs to be a simple how-to from start to finish.

This could work really good if the market was functional.  We can create an official SDC store that could sell some cheap items like SDC branded stickers, key chains, etc... Just some things cheap enough to get them to spend that free SDC and see it in action.

If done right, this tracking site could generate some ad revenue too.  This revenue should be used to buy more SDC for the faucet and inventory for the official store.

That's a good idea. You can set up a template in a laser printer to print on the bills instead of using a stamp.

Another fun thing I thought of was a really hard trivia contest. 52 questions, the answer to each one resolves to a character in the private key. Get them all right, and you have the key and there are coins waiting for you in the address. People would really get into that.
That's a cool idea
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:59:01 AM

soon we will see 43k sdc price, if it breaks 43k then we will be looking for new base

no volume, no newcomers/new bloods...

better core team updates the community and confirms that Q2 is still valid for marketplace, or they revise the date before it is end of Q2

if they need to revise the date, better they dont wait till end of Q2 to revise it

obvious troll is obvious

i will remind it to you when 43k comes

45k came, 43k price is not far, even lower we will see this weekend

Lol, only 2.5 BTC worth of Shadow for sale under 50K on trex.  I will pump it for you skippy.

24 hr Min 42.5k, i am done

Do u want to learn what is next lawgicc
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 10:10:56 AM

soon we will see 43k sdc price, if it breaks 43k then we will be looking for new base

better core team updates the community and confirms that Q2 is still valid for marketplace, or they revise the date before it is end of Q2

if they need to revise the date, better they dont wait till end of Q2 to revise it

obvious troll is obvious

Lol, only 2.5 BTC worth of Shadow for sale under 50K on trex.  I will pump it for you skippy.

You are such a troll..good thing only like 2 people including yourself give a fuck about the price. push it down please more MORE go to 30k i dare you..
skip60

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:13:17 AM

obvious troll is obvious

You are such a troll..good thing only like 2 people including yourself give a fuck about the price. push it down please more MORE go to 30k i dare you..

hehe,

believe me, i always dont push down
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:20:32 AM

obvious troll is obvious

hehe,

Good news for us; time to place more buy orders ;)

After all, you're such a nice contributor to this community.. supplying it with loads of cheap SDC. Thanks for that, appreciated, skip!

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:06:44 AM

obvious troll is obvious

hehe,

You should consider getting a life. Haven't you got anybody Outside of btc talk you poor thing.

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
skip60

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:42:08 PM

obvious troll is obvious

hehe,

You should consider getting a life. Haven't you got anybody Outside of btc talk you poor thing.

Consider it as a business, some extra money beside ur daily work

You should follow it
BarrenWuffet

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:00:57 PM

I seriously doubt the market will be full of shit, It hasn't happened to any of the previous darkmarkets so don't know why it would start now even some of the markets that are almost unknown have quality stuff, most people selling on the darkweb have fairly high standards when it comes to quality and purity.
But it needs to have some kind of system that removes items that people show no interest well would be nice  if possible.
Or just have a separate section of the market for items  that get little interest or attention and vendors with bad trust ratings so it's not cramping up the items that do get a lot of attention and keeps the dishonest vendors from the honest ones, sort of like a naughty corner for useless items and untrustworthy vendors, your not censoring the market just arranging it in a way that i don't have to see those items and vendors if i don't want to, because most products and vendors will be legit but we want to keep everything looking nice and clean.

The ShadowMarket will appeal to much more than traditional "darkmarket" users...

Libertarians, AnCaps & Agorists would LOVE the opportunity to be able to buy & sell goods on a completely secure, decentralized, anonymous, TAX-FREE market.

This is the Holy Grail of Agorism.

Counter-economics is basically the idea that it is preferable & more ethical to keep one's financial transactions in the grey market, so as to not be supporting governments through taxation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agorism Ideology

Agorism is considered a branch of, or a transition strategy for achieving, anarcho-capitalism, however Konkin characterized it as a form of left-libertarianism,.[2] Agorists generally consider themselves to be market anarchists. Agorists often oppose voting for political candidates and political reform. Instead, agorists stress the importance of alternative strategies rather than politics to achieve a free society. Agorists claim that we can achieve a free society more easily and sooner by employing such alternative methods as education, alternative currencies, entrepreneurship, self sufficiency, and most importantly "counter-economics".[1] Some agorists consider their message to be scientific because science is an appeal to reason, which they believe is only possible in a free market; these agorists argue that state-backed science is illegitimate, believing that it inherently involves an appeal to authority.[3]

http://agorism.info/

There are tons of Libertarians out there...

+1

I agree with you 100%. While I could personally care less about the drug markets or anything of that sort. People should have the choice to buy whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. I'm more interested to see businesses spawn out from grey markets. One example is the hackintosh industry.

Psystar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psystar_Corporation) was a company that was selling open computers, basically custom rigs that ran dual booting OSX/Windows computers. Apple crushed them with a lawsuit and basically drove the industry back into the underground and DIY'ers.. The argument was that Apple's EULA prohibits the OSX operating system from being installed on hardware not approved by Apple. For someone who is building these types of systems Shadow offers a perfect solution to expand their reach. Most of these systems are sold on craigslist for cash because the risk is too high for merchants services, processors or banks to support this type of grey market business.

Apple uses the same internals as PCs and they also sell their operating system by itself just like Microsoft sells Windows. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard. Back in the 90s, Microsoft was hit with an anti-trust lawsuit by Netscape Navigator for including Internet Explorer with Windows OS.. Yet, somehow Apple is able to sell you an operating system and dictate what you can and can't install it on. According to this article http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/27/apple-mac-sales-q1-2015/ Apple sold 5.5 million macs in the 1st quarter of this year. About 11%-15% of their reported $80 billion revenue this quarter came from mac sales. Based on those numbers we could see the next Dell or Gateway computers spawn from SDC's ecoystem to evade the Eye of Sauron (Apple). This is just one type of industry that could benefit from the upcoming marketplace and the existing privacy technology. In my opinion, these types of grey market industries could end up being a serious driving factor behind the Shadow economy and SDC's marketcap.

http://media.giphy.com/media/10wgT5PDnOwMQE/giphy.gif
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:43:08 PM

Chapter 1: A Long-Expected Party

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:56:40 PM

Chapter 1: A Long-Expected Party

Chapter 2: World Conquest

Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past

https://i.imgur.com/uV7GVmH.jpg
*The Lord of the Rings

dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:20:11 AM

Chapter 3: The End of Bitcoin Tongue

Now now, lets not get carried away ....

I seriously doubt the market will be full of shit, It hasn't happened to any of the previous darkmarkets so don't know why it would start now even some of the markets that are almost unknown have quality stuff, most people selling on the darkweb have fairly high standards when it comes to quality and purity.
But it needs to have some kind of system that removes items that people show no interest well would be nice  if possible.
Or just have a separate section of the market for items  that get little interest or attention and vendors with bad trust ratings so it's not cramping up the items that do get a lot of attention and keeps the dishonest vendors from the honest ones, sort of like a naughty corner for useless items and untrustworthy vendors, your not censoring the market just arranging it in a way that i don't have to see those items and vendors if i don't want to, because most products and vendors will be legit but we want to keep everything looking nice and clean.

The ShadowMarket will appeal to much more than traditional "darkmarket" users...

Libertarians, AnCaps & Agorists would LOVE the opportunity to be able to buy & sell goods on a completely secure, decentralized, anonymous, TAX-FREE market.

This is the Holy Grail of Agorism.

Counter-economics is basically the idea that it is preferable & more ethical to keep one's financial transactions in the grey market, so as to not be supporting governments through taxation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agorism Ideology

Agorism is considered a branch of, or a transition strategy for achieving, anarcho-capitalism, however Konkin characterized it as a form of left-libertarianism,.[2] Agorists generally consider themselves to be market anarchists. Agorists often oppose voting for political candidates and political reform. Instead, agorists stress the importance of alternative strategies rather than politics to achieve a free society. Agorists claim that we can achieve a free society more easily and sooner by employing such alternative methods as education, alternative currencies, entrepreneurship, self sufficiency, and most importantly "counter-economics".[1] Some agorists consider their message to be scientific because science is an appeal to reason, which they believe is only possible in a free market; these agorists argue that state-backed science is illegitimate, believing that it inherently involves an appeal to authority.[3]

http://agorism.info/

There are tons of Libertarians out there...

+1

I agree with you 100%. While I could personally care less about the drug markets or anything of that sort. People should have the choice to buy whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. I'm more interested to see businesses spawn out from grey markets. One example is the hackintosh industry.

Psystar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psystar_Corporation) was a company that was selling open computers, basically custom rigs that ran dual booting OSX/Windows computers. Apple crushed them with a lawsuit and basically drove the industry back into the underground and DIY'ers.. The argument was that Apple's EULA prohibits the OSX operating system from being installed on hardware not approved by Apple. For someone who is building these types of systems Shadow offers a perfect solution to expand their reach. Most of these systems are sold on craigslist for cash because the risk is too high for merchants services, processors or banks to support this type of grey market business.

Apple uses the same internals as PCs and they also sell their operating system by itself just like Microsoft sells Windows. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard. Back in the 90s, Microsoft was hit with an anti-trust lawsuit by Netscape Navigator for including Internet Explorer with Windows OS.. Yet, somehow Apple is able to sell you an operating system and dictate what you can and can't install it on. According to this article http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/27/apple-mac-sales-q1-2015/ Apple sold 5.5 million macs in the 1st quarter of this year. About 11%-15% of their reported $80 billion revenue this quarter came from mac sales. Based on those numbers we could see the next Dell or Gateway computers spawn from SDC's ecoystem to evade the Eye of Sauron (Apple). This is just one type of industry that could benefit from the upcoming marketplace and the existing privacy technology. In my opinion, these types of grey market industries could end up being a serious driving factor behind the Shadow economy and SDC's marketcap.

(thumbs up) - always great to read your posts.

^ I am with STUPID!
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:17:22 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 12:37:59 PM by VeritasSapere

I am having trouble syncing, I have used the bootstrap and loaded it successfully using version 1.3.2.4, I have deleted the old appdata folder and it still will not sync. I have even tried to use shadowcoin.conf with some nodes I found here: http://shadowchain.info/nodes/

This is what my config looks like:
connect=89.99.191.74
connect=89.3.213.211
connect=62.32.115.33
connect=5.250.177.28
connect=81.108.89.89

What am I doing wrong? had to reload the blockchain after the fork happened, and I have still not managed to get my coins staking.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:11:30 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 02:38:52 PM by VeritasSapere

I have tried using 1.3.2.2, and it is syncing now. So if anyone else has this problem just use 1.3.2.2. I will take this opportunity to make an official statement from my self.

The Shadow Project rocks! Smiley
skip60

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:19:46 PM

it is such a boring community, actually is there a community beside child_harold (one man community)Huh

they said that 1.3 million peope had learnt about shadowcoin with tunderclap...but i still see the same 10/15 guys here/slack/irc etc.

they said that we will show whole world what is shadowcoin...i guess whole world should be blind

thunderclap looked like big baloon to me

check this site....

www.agar.io

we need such a simple and interesting game/ideas to attract some attention

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:35:54 PM

it is such a boring community, actually is there a community beside child_harold (one man community)Huh

they said that 1.3 million peope had learnt about shadowcoin with tunderclap...but i still see the same 10/15 guys here/slack/irc etc.

they said that we will show whole world what is shadowcoin...i guess whole world should be blind

check this site....

www.agar.io

ok, what are you waiting for? go make a game
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:49:22 PM

check this site....

www.agar.io

I'd add, go make a game or if you can't do it yourself, create a bounty with your 400k SDC, i'm pretty sure some people here would be in!
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:54:30 PM

check this site....

www.agar.io

I'd add, go make a game or if you can't do it yourself, create a bounty with your 400k SDC, i'm pretty sure some people here would be in!

Those of us with any reasonable amount of SDC all share the responsibility to find new and novel ways to promote SDC as a new type of currency.  The market is flooded, crypto news is suppressed, scammers are sucking away life and innovation from the movement and governments are trying to squash/control digital currency.     We have our work cut out for us!

Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: