Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289611 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Soepkip

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:35:54 PM

Anyone know where to get the iOS app for shadowchat?

It's not available as a standalone app, only as part of the wallet:

Mobile (phone must be jailbroken) / desktop

And not to forget the tutorial Smiley
http://shadowhangout.com/topic/86/ios-shadowgo-installation-tutorial

Well I'm not jailbroken, so any links to a video of iOS app working?

Oh yes Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynjLmUEp8c

Note that after we release the ZK-release we will focus on updating the ShadowGo family of Shadow with SPV (Lite mode) and of course updated graphics Smiley!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

Read the article on deepdotweb.

3 observations:

1) its a good run-down of anon developments to date
2) the headline is misleading
3) it feels quite a lot like shadow propaganda (the whole Matrix thing + comic references + references to the Anonymous group)

personal feelings:

I encourage all anon development. It is incredibly hard (from what I gather). The chances of SDC rolling out a functional ZK wallet in November seem small. Comments?

Q. Is there a connection between SDC and Anonymous as implied in the article?

How this bit of hero geekery pertains to cryptocurrency is because of a new project called Shadow, born of the the Anonymous collective, known for holding evildoers accountable for their actions

thanks in advance

Hit a few nerves? Thats cool, we all have our tools, thats what you should remember. And yes we are all anonymous its not a group you need to apply to become apart of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29
You just are apart of it if you are fighting for anonymity as opposed to not trying to focus on it! 

As for the article being propaganda; i encourage you to take a look at the definition of the word itself. If you didn't like some of the references in it thats cool. It is a controversial one but however much it is; its still framing the facts. Truth hurts and its expected that not everyone is comfortable with the facts laid out.. I don't think the headline is misleading at all. Fact is, zero knowledge and Shadow eclipses any projects work to date!
Remove your emotion and stay focused on the fight here. Its anonymity, please focus your cannons elsewhere and contribute as opposed to pick at immaterial, emotional hooks built into an article..

As for zk being released in November, well no one really knows. There is a roadmap because the community wanted it (remember its only a guide!) but if the devs had their way there wouldn't be one to begin with. Because fools come and start picking at it and pressuring them (using it as a a base of argument) because the fools are betting so much on it arriving at a certain time..Which is stupid, this inst tried and true development cycles here. Its cutting edge and people forget that because they're not here for the tech they are here to bet on it..

Not my problem if they don't come in November, i'm not betting on it like fools seem to and i wont be hurt if it doesn't ever come at all!

I'm here for the tech what are you here for? Because if we don't get behind tech advancement like this and support it but instead bash its every move to exist like so many fools are with their impatience and lack of respect and understanding for this industry. We will hand more rubbish onto our kids and fuck up any kind of hope they have at gaining back and keeping some of the freedoms they have! You are either against that or for it. All because of some fools wanting to bet on its price and upset because its taking so long so proceed to waste perfect forum space, time and energy on stupid questions, stupid issues and pointless, baseless accusations!

4 months!! To do what this project has done. It, by far, eclipses any project in cryptocurrency world to date! You cannot deny it!

One question to that:

Does Shadowsend v.2 if it is as described in the article make Darkcoin, Blackcoin, Bitcoindark worthless?

Because in the end ShadowCash delivers the best anon feature which does not need any nodes?

Please don't understand my question as a "fight" I just want to understand in which Anon Coin an investor should invest for the future.

Thanks!

So, in short this is what most anon networks look like to date, notice the nodes!

This is what Shadows goal is

Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:43:29 PM

LOL
Anonymous isn't a group, a community or a business.

Anonymous is an idea, an ideology.
Only posers, lammers and scammers use anonymous idea to attract attention to your egos and even worse, to make money

3 observations:

3) it feels quite a lot like shadow propaganda (the whole Matrix thing + comic references + references to the Anonymous group)

personal feelings:

I encourage all anon development. It is incredibly hard (from what I gather). The chances of SDC rolling out a functional ZK wallet in November seem small. Comments?

How this bit of hero geekery pertains to cryptocurrency is because of a new project called Shadow, born of the the Anonymous collective, known for holding evildoers accountable for their actions

thanks in advance

Hit a few nerves? Thats cool, we all have our tools, thats what you should remember. And yes we are all anonymous its not a group you need to apply to become apart of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29
You just are apart of it if you are fighting for anonymity as opposed to not trying to focus on it! 

As for the article being propaganda; i encourage you to take a look at the definition of the word itself. If you didn't like some of the references in it thats cool. It is a controversial one but however much it is; its still framing the facts. Truth hurts and its expected that not everyone is comfortable with the facts laid out.. I don't think the headline is misleading at all. Fact is, zero knowledge and Shadow eclipses any projects work to date!
Remove your emotion and stay focused on the fight here. Its anonymity, please focus your cannons elsewhere and contribute as opposed to pick at immaterial, emotional hooks built into an article..

As for zk being released in November, well no one really knows. There is a roadmap because the community wanted it (remember its only a guide!) but if the devs had their way there wouldn't be one to begin with. Because fools come and start picking at it and pressuring them (using it as a a base of argument) because the fools are betting so much on it arriving at a certain time..Which is stupid, this inst tried and true development cycles here. Its cutting edge and people forget that because they're not here for the tech they are here to bet on it..

Not my problem if they don't come in November, i'm not betting on it like fools seem to and i wont be hurt if it doesn't ever come at all!

I'm here for the tech what are you here for? Because if we don't get behind tech advancement like this and support it but instead bash its every move to exist like so many fools are with their impatience and lack of respect and understanding for this industry. We will hand more rubbish onto our kids and fuck up any kind of hope they have at gaining back and keeping some of the freedoms they have! You are either against that or for it. All because of some fools wanting to bet on its price and upset because its taking so long so proceed to waste perfect forum space, time and energy on stupid questions, stupid issues and pointless, baseless accusations!

4 months!! To do what this project has done. It, by far, eclipses any project in cryptocurrency world to date! You cannot deny it!

Piss off now!
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:45:13 PM

LOL
Anonymous isn't a group, a community or a business.

Anonymous is an idea, an ideology.
Only posers, lammers and scammers use anonymous idea to attract attention to your egos and even worse, to make money

To bad actual anons have been interested and been showing up in our AnonOps IRC channel, get out of here with that shitty fud, try harder
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:46:06 PM

BLERRRDERP!!! DERPDY DERP DERP!!!!!!

Thanks for your input Emilio, it's always nice to read well thought out and insightful comments from the community.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:50:30 PM

sorry for my engrish

Don't worry guys you won't need to pop that into a translator. Here's the English version.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:07:40 PM

EmilioMann - pls chill.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:48:36 PM

One question to that:

Does Shadowsend v.2 if it is as described in the article make Darkcoin, Blackcoin, Bitcoindark worthless?

Because in the end ShadowCash delivers the best anon feature which does not need any nodes?

Please don't understand my question as a "fight" I just want to understand in which Anon Coin an investor should invest for the future.

Thanks!

Real questions aren't fights and are always welcomed.

If you are going for the end-all anonymity feature then yes, ShadowSend v2 will make certain other anon-focused Crypto-Currencies obsolete. However, I believe that each project that is honest and works on their development will have some sort of place within the scene. For BlackCoin however, as they are non anon-focused this lies different. In my mind it would be Bitcoin as the premier PoW coin, BlackCoin as the premier PoS coin and ShadowCash as the premier anon coin with its release of ZK tech.

ZK Anon tech is the holy grail of anon, and is the top rung of the ladder. I myself as far as anon coin investing have 80% in sdc witht he rest spread among other anon coins, because in the long run Shadow will give me the greatest return on investment and be the clear leader with ZK release. Hypers and pumpers run amock in the alt coin world so there are always unexpected rises based off fluff, or people speculating.

As in all things do your research, and at the very least keep and eye on shadow and watch for ZK to release.

Sorry about the OT, but as DRK was mentioned, I figured I could make one quick post about it.

does not need any nodes

I assume you're referring to DRK's masternodes as being somehow a bad thing - the functionality and infrastructure they provide isn't limited to anonymity only. A whole plethora of features can be implemented on top of them. The latest example is the instant transaction confirmations that is currently being built by the developer.

And one more thing about a strong masternode network that I haven't seen mentioned a lot, is that if a coin has desireable features, but the distribution is deemed unfair or otherwise bad for a currency's prosperity, or someone with a branding idea or a ready brand and marketing funds wants to create its own coin, it can always be forked/cloned and started over. It's what happened with bytecoin and monero for example. But when you have an already established coin with a strong masternode network, it's really hard to fork that because how would they distribute it fast enough at the beginning while maintaining high enough marketcap so they would have enough incentive for enough people to run masternodes? Running servers cost fiat that you must fund from the masternode rewards. Forking darkcoin is just not going to work.

Even if Shadowsend was the ultimate solution to anonymity (which it isn't), it still wouldn't mean that it would make other coins worthless. First, other coins already have "solved" anonymity for all practical purposes - increasing the bar a little closer to the unachievable maximum doesn't matter a whole lot anymore. When Shadowsend is finished, and someone forks it, and adds a little something that increases the anonymity slightly in some cases, would that make SDC all of a sudden worthless? Of course not. Second, there are other properties to a coin that makes its value. For example, distribution and adoption. Just a couple of pages ago someone stated that there are less than 300 SDC addresses with more than 100 SDC in them.

A coin that overtakes an already more established coin, has to be really really a lot better. Otherwise we would've seen coins beat Bitcoin or at least Litecoin already.
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:58:57 PM

One question to that:

Thanks!

If you are going for the end-all anonymity feature then yes, ShadowSend v2 will make certain other anon-focused Crypto-Currencies obsolete. However, I believe that each project that is honest and works on their development will have some sort of place within the scene. For BlackCoin however, as they are non anon-focused this lies different. In my mind it would be Bitcoin as the premier PoW coin, BlackCoin as the premier PoS coin and ShadowCash as the premier anon coin with its release of ZK tech.

ZK Anon tech is the holy grail of anon, and is the top rung of the ladder. I myself as far as anon coin investing have 80% in sdc witht he rest spread among other anon coins, because in the long run Shadow will give me the greatest return on investment and be the clear leader with ZK release. Hypers and pumpers run amock in the alt coin world so there are always unexpected rises based off fluff, or people speculating.

As in all things do your research, and at the very least keep and eye on shadow and watch for ZK to release.

Sorry about the OT, but as DRK was mentioned, I figured I could make one quick post about it.

does not need any nodes

I assume you're referring to DRK's masternodes as being somehow a bad thing - the functionality and infrastructure they provide isn't limited to anonymity only. A whole plethora of features can be implemented on top of them. The latest example is the instant transaction confirmations that is currently being built by the developer.

And one more thing about a strong masternode network that I haven't seen mentioned a lot, is that if a coin has desireable features, but the distribution is deemed unfair or otherwise bad for a currency's prosperity, or someone with a branding idea or a ready brand and marketing funds wants to create its own coin, it can always be forked/cloned and started over. It's what happened with bytecoin and monero for example. But when you have an already established coin with a strong masternode network, it's really hard to fork that because how would they distribute it fast enough at the beginning while maintaining high enough marketcap so they would have enough incentive for enough people to run masternodes? Running servers cost fiat that you must fund from the masternode rewards. Forking darkcoin is just not going to work.

Even if Shadowsend was the ultimate solution to anonymity (which it isn't), it still wouldn't mean that it would make other coins worthless. First, other coins already have "solved" anonymity for all practical purposes - increasing the bar a little closer to the unachievable maximum doesn't matter a whole lot anymore. When Shadowsend is finished, and someone forks it, and adds a little something that increases the anonymity slightly in some cases, would that make SDC all of a sudden worthless? Of course not. Second, there are other properties to a coin that makes its value. For example, distribution and adoption. Just a couple of pages ago someone stated that there are less than 300 SDC addresses with more than 100 SDC in them.

A coin that overtakes an already more established coin, has to be really really a lot better. Otherwise we would've seen coins beat Bitcoin or at least Litecoin already.

Shadow will have better anonymity, without the need for an extraneous and clunky infrastructure like DRK's masternodes. Plus people won't have to arrange in advance to send coins at the same time for the service to work (yeah, I've read your forums). You justify your investment anyway you like though.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:03:58 PM

One question to that:

Thanks!

does not need any nodes

Shadow will have better anonymity, without the need for an extraneous and clunky infrastructure like DRK's masternodes. Plus people won't have to arrange in advance to send coins at the same time for the service to work (yeah, I've read your forums). You justify your investment anyway you like though.

Not to mention Zero knowledge is only the cherry on top.

It's definitely not the only feature SDC is developing.

You might wanna have a look at this http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/10/24/anonymous-shadow-eclipses-privacy-projects-zero-knowledge/ Smiley
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:23:46 AM

Very interesting coin! Got a quick question- what happens to the optional transaction fee when it is included? Normally it would go to miners but now there are no miners. Does it get distributed among the stakers or something?
since it is proof of stake it goes to the staker processing the block including that transaction

OK, so if you are staking you will actually see more than 2% expansion of the coins in your wallet, due to transaction fees. Thanks, that makes it even better.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:37:01 PM

3 observations:

personal feelings:

thanks in advance

One question to that:

Thanks!

So, in short this is what most anon networks look like to date, notice the nodes!

This is what Shadows goal is

The yellow blocks are transactions, green addresses, red lines are the inputs and the green lines are outputs.
Based on that legenda, how will an ZK anon transaction look?

And can you recommend a whitepaper about this?
Bitcoines

Activity: 591

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:22:46 AM

So ShadowSend v2 will use ring signatures...isn't one of the drawbacks with ring signatures that they lead to a lot of bloat in the blockchain, or was that just the case with CN currencies like Monero?  IIRC, DRK was going to implement these into DarkSend+ but Evan ultimately decided against it due to the bloat issue. Just wanted to get the SDC devs take on this.

Thanks
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:35:29 AM

ShadowFaucet Faucet.Shadowcash.info

AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

This is great!

As a reminder to the community, the purpose of this is to get new people introduced to SDC. Small amounts are being given away. If you already have a reasonable about of SDC, don't take more. Instead, donate and then Tweet, etc about the faucet to get SDC in the hands of more people.

Lets build the economy! BTC was spread in such a manner in the early days

Remember the bootstrap file posted by rynomster for faster blockchain downloads for new wallet users.

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:57:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you will succeed with all plans, and that devs are considerate,  not like ANC devs..  Embarrassed

I have two questions, how is so slow with wallet sync??
How is so low price of SDC with all work until now in short period, and in few days maybe Zk release?

Regards
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you will succeed with all plans, and that devs are considerate,  not like ANC devs..  Embarrassed

How is so low price of SDC with all work until now in short period, and in few days maybe Zk release?

Regards

Its not that slow really, but for people who really want to get up and going fast; the epic devs made the worlds first pos lite wallet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9066602#msg9066602

Or if you want the full chain, there is a bootstrap.dat here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9140802#msg9140802..

This information is all on the wiki too by the way shadowcash.info
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:22:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you will succeed with all plans, and that devs are considerate,  not like ANC devs..  Embarrassed

Regards

Its not that slow really, but for people who really want to get up and going fast; the epic devs made the worlds first pos lite wallet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9066602#msg9066602

Or if you want the full chain, there is a bootstrap.dat here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9140802#msg9140802..

This information is all on the wiki too by the way shadowcash.info

I turn off wallet now, but looks to me like slower than btc wallet, maybe I'm wrong, or something is wrong with my Lap..
Thanks for your respond!

What is with that 0.05-6$ price? Looks strange to me, if I think on ANC again with no news for year, and all shit around.
Or if I look at some other prices on coin cap list..
Looks like ppl can't wait to dump 10-50k SDC, and have them much?

CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:20:24 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you will succeed with all plans, and that devs are considerate,  not like ANC devs..  Embarrassed

Regards

Price is low, because we dont like to hype, Were staying in the shadows till zero-knowledge is ready  Grin ...Bootstrap to speed up the syncing Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: