Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289607 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:44:24 PM

Deldot.  

For good or ill, the SDC community does not use this thread much.  You can see why by all the idiots posting here.  IRC is where most pop in to get answers.  That being said, here is what was just shared in IRC:

@SDCDev: only really SDC -> SDC is traceable.. SDC -> Shadow creates an anonymous output, and Shadow -> SDC redeems an anonymous output, but in order to make it anonymous, you need to use a certain number of rings.. we use ring signatures which are then turned into a zero knowledge proof, so its similar to cryptonote, except without sending the whole signature.  zerocoin and zerocash implementations and their trust issues are not related to shadowcash

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:44:50 PM

So, I just went through the web page, and read through twenty+ pages of this thread, and can not figure out what sdc is promising in terms of "zk". If you could excuse me for my laziness for not digging deeper, could someone respond to three quick questions?

1. With the beta that is being tested now, are the devs planning on implementing Zerocash, Zerocoin, or something else?
2. If Zerocash, how do you set up the security parameters? This requires trusted third parties.
3. If Zerocoin, how do you set up the security parameters? Do you use RSA UFOs? If so, how where these generated, and what is their bit length?

Thanks.

hi,

shadow simply has zk-snarks and ring signatures and has its own built-in which doesnt need 3rd party and has nothing similar to zerocash, etc.

A real (not vaporware), working, ZK implementation with ring signatures

sdc dev and whitepaper will explain it in details...

by the way...welcome on board guys....nice to have new bloods here
mxhwr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:52:04 PM

So, I just went through the web page, and read through twenty+ pages of this thread, and can not figure out what sdc is promising in terms of "zk". If you could excuse me for my laziness for not digging deeper, could someone respond to three quick questions?

1. With the beta that is being tested now, are the devs planning on implementing Zerocash, Zerocoin, or something else?
2. If Zerocash, how do you set up the security parameters? This requires trusted third parties.
3. If Zerocoin, how do you set up the security parameters? Do you use RSA UFOs? If so, how where these generated, and what is their bit length?

Thanks.

I'm with you!

Can someone give a decent explanation of how this anon system is unique as opposed to hyping it up like every other coin in the universe?

This hasnt been hyped, its been worked on for months now, you just only followed hype coins while this was developing its obvious because you are just now checking out shadow and its tech due to high volume. Shadow has never been about hype its been about tech, and shadow has delivered many Crypto 1st, just go back and read yourself. To many people have question that can simply be answered by reading, very lazy people here in cryptoland

The guy says he has read 20+ pages and doesn't understand still - why can't anyone explain?

You cannot expect people to adopt something when they do not understand why it is unique/what the benefits are.

I was talking more to you then lunokhod2,( as its fairly obvious he has done his homework and actually understands the material that we are dealing with) as for his questions I believe the white paper will answer those with its coming release.

Your posts are insulting.

I don't think my questions are unreasonable - I am trying to work out the difference between this anon system and BTC/DarkCoin/ZeroCoin but all I got was hype responses.

Thanks for your welcoming community spirit CryptoChronic  Wink

i would happily answer your question but your activity on your account does not suggest your serious considering you know about darkcoin,XC,Zerocoin. use your real account and i shall answer it

Long time lurker - Date Registered: December 03, 2013, 11:34:09 AM

What a strange accusation!???

Man there are some weird people in this thread....

Thanks smurf for being helpful

date registered 2013 activity 2 looks like your the smurf, you must be a real rookie thinking that you can only create one account on here lol use your real account
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:53:55 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

if zk snarks is realeased and flaws can be quickly fixed we are talking .1 not .00078

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:57:54 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

if zk snarks is realeased and flaws can be quickly fixed we are talking .1 not .00078

Can't guarantee for the 0.1,  but i think the technology is gonna work Smiley.
deldot

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:58:20 PM

Thanks.

I'm with you!

Can someone give a decent explanation of how this anon system is unique as opposed to hyping it up like every other coin in the universe?

This hasnt been hyped, its been worked on for months now, you just only followed hype coins while this was developing its obvious because you are just now checking out shadow and its tech due to high volume. Shadow has never been about hype its been about tech, and shadow has delivered many Crypto 1st, just go back and read yourself. To many people have question that can simply be answered by reading, very lazy people here in cryptoland

The guy says he has read 20+ pages and doesn't understand still - why can't anyone explain?

You cannot expect people to adopt something when they do not understand why it is unique/what the benefits are.

I was talking more to you then lunokhod2,( as its fairly obvious he has done his homework and actually understands the material that we are dealing with) as for his questions I believe the white paper will answer those with its coming release.

I don't think my questions are unreasonable - I am trying to work out the difference between this anon system and BTC/DarkCoin/ZeroCoin but all I got was hype responses.

i would happily answer your question but your activity on your account does not suggest your serious considering you know about darkcoin,XC,Zerocoin. use your real account and i shall answer it

date registered 2013 activity 2 looks like your the smurf, you must be a real rookie thinking that you can only create one account on here lol use your real account

Paranoid much?
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:00:49 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

Exactly my thoughts

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:01:50 PM

Thanks.

I'm with you!

Paranoid much?

In all fairness most newbie accounts are just alt/troll accounts, at least recently anyway. I try and treat everyone equally until proven otherwise. Really though the best answers are in irc, plus the feedback is much more immediate.

Glad to have you on board, welcome.
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:04:16 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

0.00078 have ANC who never update anything in almost 1.5 year, coins stucked at exchanges,
nothing is working there. Only good is wiki what lunokhod made, and promises from devs!

SDC could/should reach 0.05 in few months, in my opinion.
CycleSurfer

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:08:27 PM

Thanks.

hi,

shadow simply has zk-snarks and ring signatures and has its own built-in which doesnt need 3rd party and has nothing similar to zerocash, etc.

Thanks for throwing out a clue on how SDC handles the zerocoin initial seeding parameters issue.  This is the first and number one question to ask when a coin claims they are the first to implement zerocoin.  SDC has done an excellent job with it's website and OP so it's a pity there aren't a couple lines of explanation to address the seeding issue on everyone's mind.   There's plenty of discussion on Anoncoin's thread about Gnosis' approach.  In contrast, there's no mention of handling the initial seed parameters with Zerovert and the info on this coin is so scant it smells like scam.

broadsword

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:15:03 PM

this is looking like the next big one, darkcoin reached a marketcap of $35million. this is looking like to be a better than that, expect huge rises, here

XC had similar amount of coins, that reached 0.00475 really quickly, this gonna do the same
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:16:52 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

0.00078 have ANC who never update anything in almost 1.5 year, coins stucked at exchanges,
nothing is working there. Only good is wiki what lunokhod made, and promises from devs!

I agree. And I am still blown away by the anc tweet. What a bunch of awesome dudes!

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
cypherpunkrock

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:22:19 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 04:47:28 PM by cypherpunkrock

Thanks.

hi,

Thanks for throwing out a clue on how SDC handles the zerocoin initial seeding parameters issue.  This is the first and number one question to ask when a coin claims they are the first to implement zerocoin.  SDC has done an excellent job with it's website and OP so it's a pity there aren't a couple lines of explanation to address the seeding issue on everyone's mind.   There's plenty of discussion on Anoncoin's thread about Gnosis' approach.  In contrast, there's no mention of handling the initial seed parameters with Zerovert and the info on this coin is so scant it smells like scam.

Info is in the OP, there's plenty of infographics that break down the project. SDC has never claimed to implement zerocoin or zerocash.

To answer the question: Shadow is not using zerocoin or zerocash.. its a unique approach to achieve anonymity that uses dual-key stealth addresses, unique ring signatures and non-interactive zero knowledge proofs. Not one line of code is shared with zerocoin/zerocash and shadowcash so it doesn't share the trust issues associated with ZC. One needs to look at Shadowcash as a unique protocol; a first of it's kind not associated with any prior work.

A short explanation taken from IRC:

"@SDCDev: only really SDC -> SDC is traceable.. SDC -> Shadow creates an anonymous output, and Shadow -> SDC redeems an anonymous output, but in order to make it anonymous, you need to use a certain number of rings.. we use ring signatures which are then turned into a proof (zk), so its similar to cryptonote, except without sending the whole signature."

The attached graphic explains the function of each property related to the protocol. This is meant to be an brief infographic overview of the methods used to achieve anonymity. It's not a whitepaper and as stated in the infographic a detailed whitepaper is in the works that should be released shorty. The devs here are working their butts off to push the envelop of what's possible so excuse them while they make time to document everything correctly before releasing a whitepaper. Devs are already making improvements to the model to automate everything based on feedback from testing.

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2XTQhYF.jpg&t=546&c=FReoKtrmHHKDDw
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:23:40 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

I agree. And I am still blown away by the anc tweet. What a bunch of awesome dudes!

The anc guys are a good group.
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:35:50 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

Thanks. My philosophy is that it is counterproductive to attack the competition with FUD. Instead I prefer to diversify and invest in multiple promising technologies.  I don't think anyone has a crystal ball to know exactly which investments will work out as panned.  Variance can be reduced be investing in multiple coins.

I still believe in asking legitimate questions (as some other ANC investors are doing now, so please be nice to them as well).  As of right now SDC looks VERY promising to me, but like others I hope the white paper will answer some more technical questions.

Great work on delivering SDC dev team! Please understand that many ANC investors were burned by false deadlines/delays from the ANC dev team. Don't necessarily assume their questions are meant to attack SDC. My opinion is that many ANC investors (and more) will come to SDC soon, but they will be cautious until they become well informed.

Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:44:04 PM

Price going up.

whether to reach
0.00078 ?

Can't guarantee for the 0.1,  but i think the technology is gonna work Smiley.

Thanks. My philosophy is that it is counterproductive to attack the competition with FUD. Instead I prefer to diversify and invest in multiple promising technologies.  I don't think anyone has a crystal ball to know exactly which investments will work out as panned.  Variance can be reduced be investing in multiple coins.

I still believe in asking legitimate questions (as some other ANC investors are doing now, so please be nice to them as well).  As of right now SDC looks VERY promising to me, but like others I hope the white paper will answer some more technical questions.

Great work on delivering SDC dev team! Please understand that many ANC investors were burned by false deadlines/delays from the ANC dev team. Don't necessarily assume their questions are meant to attack SDC. My opinion is that many ANC investors (and more) will come to SDC soon, but they will be cautious until they become well informed.

Thanks for the fairplay. All the best, and i'm sure the SDC team will do its best to answer your questions and all the others once they'll be fully done with it.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:46:26 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 05:07:06 PM by LongAndShort

Thanks.

hi,

Thanks for throwing out a clue on how SDC handles the zerocoin initial seeding parameters issue.  This is the first and number one question to ask when a coin claims they are the first to implement zerocoin.  SDC has done an excellent job with it's website and OP so it's a pity there aren't a couple lines of explanation to address the seeding issue on everyone's mind.   There's plenty of discussion on Anoncoin's thread about Gnosis' approach.  In contrast, there's no mention of handling the initial seed parameters with Zerovert and the info on this coin is so scant it smells like scam.

We have answered it over and over and keep saying "please jump in irc until the white paper is released"! Zerovert have also explained themselves, idk, about 10 times already in a 20 page thread they use rsa modules (still trusted but they have a massive bounty if you crack them) Just as anoncoin wished to use them for a trustless setup (there is no "seed" or trust parameters!.

Honestly i don't know where half of you are getting this information and how you're tieing it to Zero Knowledge but its completely seperate. Proposed anon implementations have many tools they can use to try and achieve an efficient, secure anon transaction (zero proofs, commitment schemes, accumulators)

I personally will start work on the wiki as soon as i get my hands on rynomsters whitepaper i encourage everyone else to help with the FAQ. Untill then not many people here can tell you completely what is implemented because not many people understand exactly what invisible money is! Hell even the devs heads are spinning! Please try and understand that. No one is hyping it yet, people are just excited because many of us have been here for a long time supporting its growth.

The devs are aware of the "education" issue here as we have hammered them for the past 2 months about the problem of people not being educated on the topics. They have chosen to mainly pump out the tech. But they will now start answering your questions. Now that they have put some final touches and refinements onto their tech. They can explain it without it changing to much and people who don't understand "nerd raging" and "smelling a rat". I'm sure you can understand that sometimes its a double edge sword for them and the stronger supporters. No one is asking you to give anyone money there is no premine and no obligation to buy and support the project. Please take some time to settle in and i'm sure you will catch on fairly quickly. A lot has happened in a short amount of time but the core tech has been the main focus because thats the main asset that sustains heavy pressure from markets and crowds.

So now it can be the other important parts of Shadow that catch up. The education and information phase is no in effect and you will all understand fully the nature of this epic beast. Because i believe people do need to understand better, what this is or they just wont take it seriously!

Personally that is what i've been waiting to work on. But it has been impossible because i never wanted to lead anyone astray with misinformation so most of us have waited until we have the final spec sheet.. I'm sure you can understand and appreciate how responsible that is of the Shadow community? But i can understand why it may look dodgy to new commers arriving right now because the price is spiking.
We have said and will say it again, please step into irc until the white paper is released.  I believe you may feel more satisfied if you do but if you don't want to thats fine but please be patient and wait on the white paper and dev responses. Please understand, they have been extremely busy the past 4 months to produce so much amazing tech and remain relevant with their many industry firsts. Allowing the long time supporters to celebrate a bit is not unreasonable.

1: Shadows invisible money will be called "Shadow" it is not called "zerocoin" Shadow is not minted in the same fashion as zerocoin.
2: There is no zerocoin implementation here, it is not zerocoin at all!
3: Shadow uses ZK= Zero Knowledge proofs that do not require a seed or a trusted setup parameter.
4: There is no accumulator, accumulator moduli (rsa UFO) there is ring signatures which create a zero knowledge proof. (no need for a trusted setup parameter)

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:56:44 PM

Thanks.

hi,

We have answered it over and over and keep saying "please jump in irc until the white paper is released"! Zerovert have also explained themselves, idk, about 10 times already in a 20 page thread they use rsa modules (still trusted but they have a massive bounty if you crack them) Just as anoncoin wished to use them for a trustless setup (there is no "seed" or trust parameters!.

Honestly i don't know where half of you are getting this information and how you're tieing it to Zero Knowledge but its completely seperate. Proposed anon implementations have many tools they can use to try and achieve an efficient, secure anon transaction (zero proofs, commitment schemes, accumulators)

I personally will start work on the wiki as soon as i get my hands on rynomsters whitepaper i encourage everyone else to help with the FAQ. Untill then not many people here can tell you completely what is implemented because not many people understand exactly what invisible money is! Hell even the devs heads are spinning! Please try and understand that. No one is hyping it yet, people are just excited because many of us have been here for a long time supporting its growth.

The devs are aware of the "education" issue here as we have hammered them for the past 2 months about the problem of people not being educated on the topics. They have chosen to mainly pump out the tech. But they will now start answering your questions because now they actually have put some final touches and refinements onto their tech and can explain it without it changing to much and people who don't understand "nerd raging" and "smelling a rat". I'm sure you can understand sometimes its a double edge sword for them and the stronger supporters. No one is asking you to give anyone money there is no premine and no obligation to buy and support the project. Please take some time to settle in and i'm sure you will catch on fairly quickly.

We have said and will say it again, please step into irc until the white paper is released.  I believe you may feel more satisfied if you do but if you don't want to thats fine but please be patient and wait on the white paper and dev responses. Please understand, they have been extremely busy the past 4 months to produce so much amazing tech and remain relevant with their many industry firsts. Allowing the long time supporters to celebrate a bit is not unreasonable.

1: Shadows invisible money will be called "Shadow" it is not called "zerocoin" Shadow is not minted in the same fashion as zerocoin.
3: Shadow uses ZK= Zero Knowledge proofs that do not require a seed or a trusted setup parameter.
4: There is no accumulator, accumulator moduli (rsa UFO) there is ring signatures which create a zero knowledge proof. (no need for a trusted setup parameter)

+1. My respect to You

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

Gonna have to try harder, your terrible at fudding, Its well known that Ryno was hire just to help Cinni. He was never the lead dev, some work was outsourced to him from cinni. And nice new topic started by yourself! Roll Eyes
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

Thanks.

hi,

The devs are aware of the "education" issue here as we have hammered them for the past 2 months about the problem of people not being educated on the topics. They have chosen to mainly pump out the tech. But they will now start answering your questions because now they actually have put some final touches and refinements onto their tech and can explain it without it changing to much and people who don't understand "nerd raging" and "smelling a rat". I'm sure you can understand sometimes its a double edge sword for them and the stronger supporters. No one is asking you to give anyone money there is no premine and no obligation to buy and support the project. Please take some time to settle in and i'm sure you will catch on fairly quickly.

We have said and will say it again, please step into irc until the white paper is released.  I believe you may feel more satisfied if you do but if you don't want to thats fine but please be patient and wait on the white paper and dev responses. Please understand, they have been extremely busy the past 4 months to produce so much amazing tech and remain relevant with their many industry firsts. Allowing the long time supporters to celebrate a bit is not unreasonable.

Always a pleasure reading posts from Longandshort

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: