Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:13:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing  (Read 438030 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:37:51 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 07:45:04 PM by exoton

About my asset idea , if someone is good with trading bots , maybe the coins can also stay with the dev and just have a trading bot trading them , benefit : trust factor is gone , problem the bot might make a bad decision if he has unoptimal orders.

I like the idea of quatloo but I am not sure if the bot is already capable of functioning without supervision , i will contact the quatloo dev , ask him about this and maybe he would also be willing to set up a not with perfect orders , could be a nice possibility for him to show off the strengths of his product.

btw I am currently holding a pretty low amount of coins (20k) which i bought at +1k , i have raised awareness on twitter , suggested a couple of ideas , got us that article and , currently trying to get us on the coinsis debit card programm and contacted jl777 who has agreed to do some work for this coin if some requirements are met , all of this has taken quite a bit of time over the course of some weeks , feel free to donate some coins B9YhPtF7GcDazD8ZLAMGFz2VSmVYXnKUkt Cheesy
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

I've just heard that poloniex are planning to delist bits due to the lack of volume on their exchange.  

It seems we're at a price stand off on there.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:23:59 PM

I've just heard that poloniex are planning to delist bits due to the lack of volume on their exchange.  

If you contact them and explain that you have a plan in the near future (such as your new wallet and features) that will drive up volume, they'll typically cut you some slack, and postpone the delisting. 
exoton

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:36:46 PM

About my asset idea , if someone is good with trading bots , maybe the coins can also stay with the dev and just have a trading bot trading them , benefit : trust factor is gone , problem the bot might make a bad decision if he has unoptimal orders.

I like the idea of quatloo but I am not sure if the bot is already capable of functioning without supervision , i will contact the quatloo dev , ask him about this and maybe he would also be willing to set up a not with perfect orders , could be a nice possibility for him to show off the strengths of his product.

btw I am currently holding a pretty low amount of coins (20k) which i bought at +1k , i have raised awareness on twitter , suggested a couple of ideas , got us that article and , currently trying to get us on the coinsis debit card programm and contacted jl777 who has agreed to do some work for this coin if some requirements are met , all of this has taken quite a bit of time over the course of some weeks , feel free to donate some coins B9YhPtF7GcDazD8ZLAMGFz2VSmVYXnKUkt Cheesy

ive written the quatloo dev a proposal which i think would be pretty nice for both sides a couple of hours ago , will get back to you once i get a reply , also waiting for a reply from the coinsis card team , mail adresses have been exchanged but not much more then that
Bitstar_coin (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:36:56 PM

If you contact them and explain that you have a plan in the near future (such as your new wallet and features) that will drive up volume, they'll typically cut you some slack, and postpone the delisting. 

Yes, I have done so.

Most of our volume has been on bittrex for quite some time, I'd prefer to stay on there to give users more choice, but if they do delist us, I do have a backup plans.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
exoton

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:46:18 PM

Hi , jl777 just posted something for all anon coins that could also get interesting for us , dev maybe you could take a look at it and get in contact with him , we can get the best anon function out there for ... free Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.msg8561259#msg8561259

for everybody else please keep posting stuff in the casheer forum every once in a while since being added there would REALY help us , also keep looking for developers who want to get crowdfunded and message exchanges developers and cryptonews sites to add us Wink
Sic840

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:40:23 PM

Updated casheer thread again. Thanks Tim.
Mark81

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:07:40 AM

Yes, I have done so.

Most of our volume has been on bittrex for quite some time, I'd prefer to stay on there to give users more choice, but if they do delist us, I do have a backup plans.

Hmm... Backup plans? How fast it can be done on that case?
Bitstar_coin (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:18:10 AM

Yes, I have done so.

Well we still have bittrex, so I don't think it needs to be a rush job, but most of the work is already done due to the features we already have written.  But it would give us another first.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Mark81

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:40:16 AM

Yes, I have done so.

Well we still have bittrex, so I don't think it needs to be a rush job, but most of the work is already done due to the features we already have written.  But it would give us another first.

So there's coming something unique again if you say that to be first at crypto?
Bitstar_coin (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:25:00 AM

Yes, I have done so.

So there's coming something unique again if you say that to be first at crypto?

I was more thinking out loud, but I'll speak to the other devs over the next couple of days and see if that is the route we want to take.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:19:40 PM

Can't wait to find out more!
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 05:13:44 PM

Check out our Review of BitStarCoins!
Brought to you by CryptoTycoons: http://www.cryptotycoons.com/
Follow us on twitter: twitter.com/cryptotycoons

BITS: B8HG1Zpkf2PoibVSrJDv177Mm84EFfGUtR

Great article. Can't wait til Bitstar gains more exposure.
Thanks! The article has gotten nearly 300 views in a little over 12 hours. Not bad..

Nice, I'll make sure to let you know when other new features go live, currently working on a feature/issue/bug tracker to make development more open and organised.

Sounds great! I'm all for doing  a followup in a few weeks or an update. Just let me know =)
yaks

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:33:32 PM

Polo wants to delete BITS market.
Any idea what we can do to save it?
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Some successful buying and selling would help. There seems to be a deadlock there. But even if they do it's not the end of the world.
exoton

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:38:38 PM

trade on there however no one wants to since we have bittrex , would not be a great loss in my oppinion but if you want to save it , get a friend of yours and buy each others coins , you will loose about 0,1% of the overall volume you added in transaction fees , however if you should chose to do it be realy quick filling each others orders so no one else does.

however i do not think they will close it since we have quite a lot of things going our way and if they take a closer look at the coin they will probably see that as well
Bitstar_coin (OP)

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 05:58:01 PM

I've messaged poloniex both on bitcointalk and via email, no reply to either yet.  Not even one to say they have received the message etc.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:54:30 PM

I started buying BITS recently and I'm thinking about increasing substantially my position.

I think a detailed FAQ on the site would be helpful.

It seems the coin already has anonymity, something many coins are still struggling to get. It would be important to see a detailed description of the system of anonymity applied.

There are articles about the new "fiat exchange". It would increase transparency and, thus, trust, if a detailed description was offered and there was a recognition that it's only an assistance to the exchange of fiat. That it will be necessary to use the traditional means of fiat transfer.

To avoid this, I wonder if it could be created some kind of BitUSD pegged to the USD like the one created by BitsharesX. But it couldn't be on their terms, it seems their system can create BitUSD in rather lose terms, like the FED. It had to be backed by USD. Any purchase using BITS or bitcoin should be converted to USDs or another stable asset to avoid any risks of default in case of devaluation of bitcoin/Bits.

I see some value on the creation of a second coin inside the BITS system pegged to the USD:
1) The creation of a true "USD" exchange, with instant trades inside the system.
2) For the ones bearish on bitcoin, there would be a cryptocoin pegged to the USD working as a safe haven, that they could keep in their wallet.
3) Those USDs received from the sale of the pegged coin would be used to build a fund that could be used on conservative investments. Its profits (like interest earned lending those USDs, perhaps on Bitfinex, even if the rates went down a lot) could be used to support development of the system.
4) The fund should be managed by the devs or someone trusted with complete transparency, showing at every moment how much money it had. The exact number of the pegged coins should always be equal or inferior to the number of USDs in the fund.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
exoton

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:01:18 PM

I started buying BITS recently and I'm thinking about increasing substantially my position.

I think a detailed FAQ on the site would be helpful.

It seems the coin already has anonymity, something many coins are still struggling to get. It would be important to see a detailed description of the system of anonymity applied.

There are articles about the new "fiat exchange". It would increase transparency and, thus, trust, if a detailed description was offered and there was a recognition that it's only an assistance to the exchange of fiat. That it will be necessary to use the traditional means of fiat transfer.

To avoid this, I wonder if it could be created some kind of BitUSD pegged to the USD like the one created by BitsharesX. But it couldn't be on their terms, it seems their system can create BitUSD in rather lose terms, like the FED. It had to be backed by USD. Any purchase using BITS or bitcoin should be converted to USDs or another stable asset to avoid any risks of default in case of devaluation of bitcoin/Bits.

I see some value on the creation of a second coin inside the BITS system pegged to the USD:
1) The creation of a true "USD" exchange, with instant trades inside the system.
2) For the ones bearish on bitcoin, there would be a cryptocoin pegged to the USD working as a safe haven, that they could keep in their wallet.
3) Those USDs received from the sale of the pegged coin would be used to build a fund that could be used on conservative investments. Its profits (like interest earned lending those USDs, perhaps on Bitfinex, even if the rates went down a lot) could be used to support development of the system.
4) The fund should be managed by the devs or someone trusted with complete transparency, showing at every moment how much money it had.

I already wrote a pretty long text about the coin , if you check one or 2 pages back you will find it , I could do that more professional looking and easier to skim through as a faq post , for the technical stuff (whitepapers) I would suggest someone else does it since I dont know enough about coding for doing that Smiley
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

I read your text, thanks.

It was the only text were I could find any explanation on the "fiat exchange". It's an excellent start for a FAQ.

Many cryptotraders don't like to download beta applications before having a detailed information about what they will find. It seems the beta wallet has some capacities not yet fully explained.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: