Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing  (Read 438033 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:56:59 PM

OP could use a logo.

I hope a few bitstar and am deciding whether to expand my position.

Curious if the anonymous tech for bitstar has every been explained? How it works ect.

I would be interested and Im sure potential investors would appreciate the information.

Would also love to know what updates are upcoming and when. ie. roadmap

Thanks.

Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 693

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 07:36:11 PM

OP could use a logo.

I hope a few bitstar and am deciding whether to expand my position.

Curious if the anonymous tech for bitstar has every been explained? How it works ect.

I would be interested and Im sure potential investors would appreciate the information.

Would also love to know what updates are upcoming and when. ie. roadmap

Thanks.

Anon was explained a long time ago when it was launched, but it will be removed in the next release, after long talks we think it's not the kind of thing new users to crypto will want to see as they may relate it to scamming and with the launch of the ATM, we're hoping to see lots of new users.

Current basic roadmap

- rebuild of p2p exchange both for wallet and for supernet integration (currently being worked on)
- rebuild of services pages in wallet
- ecommerce
- multipool rewrite

Working on other things all at the same time too.

..A.R.T.E.M.I.S..|
▀▄▀ PRESALE IS NOW LIVE! VISIT THE WEBSITE ▀▄▀
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:40:42 PM

Website looks great.

Curious if someone can take a look at my earlier post from a @#$%ing week ago regarding the wallet not opening.

Sounds like your bootstrap didn't take.  Make sure have the up to date wallet, and you have it turned fully off when you copy over the data from the quick sync pack into the the %appdata%/bitstar folder.

@Bitstar_coin, I'm currently still using the old wallet and I don't know what step(s) I need to take to make sure that the Bitstar balance in my old wallet appears in the new wallet once I have d/loaded it. Could you post a technophobe-friendly guide?

Many thanks  Smiley
Bitstar_coin (OP)

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 08:54:30 PM

Website looks great.

Curious if someone can take a look at my earlier post from a @#$%ing week ago regarding the wallet not opening.

Sounds like your bootstrap didn't take.  Make sure have the up to date wallet, and you have it turned fully off when you copy over the data from the quick sync pack into the the %appdata%/bitstar folder.

@Bitstar_coin, I'm currently still using the old wallet and I don't know what step(s) I need to take to make sure that the Bitstar balance in my old wallet appears in the new wallet once I have d/loaded it. Could you post a technophobe-friendly guide?

Many thanks  Smiley

Well techphobe friendly is to just install the new wallet, go to %appdata%/bitstar and delete blkindex.dat, but this means the wallet will spend quite a long time loading as it will have to reindex every block ever seen by your wallet.

The faster way is to install the new wallet, and extract the files from the fast sync zip into %appdata%/bitstar, it then only has to index the last week or so, so will be much faster.

Please let me know if that's not techphobe friendly enough.

..A.R.T.E.M.I.S..|
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
4emily

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:40:03 PM

Thanks for reply.

Perhaps I should have said idiot proof, rather than technophobe Smiley

Anyhoo, at the risk of trying your patience still further  Wink presumably having installed the new wallet, %appdata%/bitstar will still contain my old wallet.dat file - is that correct?
Bitstar_coin (OP)

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 07:12:25 AM

Thanks for reply.

Anyhoo, at the risk of trying your patience still further  Wink presumably having installed the new wallet, %appdata%/bitstar will still contain my old wallet.dat file - is that correct?

That is correct, you don't need to touch that file, infact I recommend backing up each time you do anything manually in the folder.

..A.R.T.E.M.I.S..|
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:22:36 PM

Thanks for reply.

I always make a copy of my %appdata%/whateverCoin folder before making any wallet upgrades. If something goes horribly wrong you have a backup of old chain & wallet.
If new client syncs fine and wallet balance is correct then you can always go back and delete the duplicate copy.

@Bitstar_coin Thanks for the above reply.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:42:25 AM

OP could use a logo.

+1

Dev, can we get a nice logo added to the OP? Smiley

Bitstar_coin (OP)

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:37:42 PM

OP could use a logo.

+1

Dev, can we get a nice logo added to the OP? Smiley

Logo readded, will rejig the op shortly so it looks more like the website

..A.R.T.E.M.I.S..|
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
RawCrypto

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:14:54 PM

Nice coin, cool superNET integration. I agree that this project is overlooked but I can't find the GlobalBitPoint website? Is there one? Just looking for info on this ATM partnership to confirm its legitimacy.

@RawCrypto
Mark81

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:52:36 AM

Nice coin, cool superNET integration. I agree that this project is overlooked but I can't find the GlobalBitPoint website? Is there one? Just looking for info on this ATM partnership to confirm its legitimacy.

Site is www.globalbitpoint.com. It's still empty without content but everything related to project is there mentioned by logos like bits and supernet. Site is created over 6 months ago, it's long waited. So far it seems everything's is getting done bit by bit. T3cltd is active on slack and is responsible for the project and has let out some information from project. Read earlier posts couple months behind on this forum. Also worth mentioning is that supernet has 2 Million Bits which 1 Million is returned back to Bits Team if Bits hold 12000 Satoshi over a week and Atm project is success and ready.
T3CLtd

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 06:03:58 AM

As has been mentioned, the GlobalBitPoint.com site is still just a placeholder until we are further along in the project, both on SuperNET front, Wallets and ATMs.

In the meantime, as published in the SuperNET newsletter a short while ago:
http://nxter.org/supernet-newsletter-16/
Coins functionality in SuperNET
The SuperNET CORE coins have been chosen with great care for their dev teams and unique tech but not all CORE coin features will be implemented in the SuperNET wallet – only chosen features.
James explains:
Supernet is not a coin, so any coins afraid it will take over is a bit like facebook worried the internet will take it over. The internet has website A, B, C, … the combination of all the websites, is the internet. Now a specific website F, it is part of the entire internet, but it is its own website. The presence of other websites doesnt detract from it.
It is not a zero sum thing at all. It is possible for a new participant to gain, while all the pre-existing participants also gain. This is due to the value of networks being proprotional to N*N. The bigger the network the more each addition boosts everyone else and the more the new participant gets, like a snowball rolling down the mountain. And supernet is not just the coins, not just the software, not just the investments, not just all the asset projects, just like the internet isnt just Facebook. What can you do with the internet? What can you do with SuperNET?
BTC, fiat and all SuperNET CORE coins can be easily transferred in and out of the SuperNET Client, be traded with ease in the in-wallet decentralized exchange (InstantDEX, in beta), because without OPAL, you will not get access to OpalDrive, without FIBRE, you don’t get the chosen FIBRE features, etc.
The features being developed by some of the CORE coins for the SuperNET GUI functionality are currently as follows:
Opal – Opal Drive p2p filesharing
BTCD – Anonymity-related functionality
Bitstar – Further development of their in-wallet localbitcoins-like p2p trading platform
VRC – Decentralized VeriBit/SuperBit
Fibre – Further development of Fibrelock alongside an optional FibreOS package for SuperNET users.

As you can see, SuperNET, which myself and Bitstar_coin (as Bitsdev on Slack) are extremely busy on, requires not just development work on its own various elements but is also going to be incorporating features and functions from the SuperNET coin teams themselves. There is a great deal of work going on, if you want to check it out you can join up at http://slackinvite.supernet.org/ and take a look around the various project arms. If you want opinions on what myself and Bitsdev do around there, feel free to ask any of the core SuperNET team members we have been working with for the last several months.

On the other hand, if you want to assist with Bitstar-related dev tasks, such as the p2p trading platform, you need only offer some suitable skills. Even if you simply want to help out by suggesting any changes that you think need to be made to the OP of this thread, or the wording in the wallet, it can all serve to contribute towards the progression of this project and is greatly appreciated.

Bitstar_coin (OP)

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:11:17 AM

I can definitely confirm T3CLtd is always busy on slack helping manage the whole project and link various parts together.

We also have a chat room on supernet slack #bitstar

http://slackinvite.supernet.org/

..A.R.T.E.M.I.S..|
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
wsmolive

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:14:38 AM

i hope bitstar will list on     Cheesy  https://www.cryptsy.com    that will be great!!!
4emily

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:15:15 PM

Thought I should mention that the new wallet is running slow - 15 mins to load the block index etc and start syncing.

Is that a server side issue or just my wallet?

Also, the Services aren't displaying - again, server or local?

If local, then presumably the wallet will need to be reinstalled.

Thanks

QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:08:57 AM

I just realized that about a third (or 33%) of all the Bitstar coins that will ever exist have been mined already, and soon the mining rewards are scheduled to decrease from 35% to 25%. Barring a code change, Bitstar is going to get harder to come by folks.
Mark81

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:29:17 AM

I just realized that about a third (or 33%) of all the Bitstar coins that will ever exist have been mined already, and soon the mining rewards are scheduled to decrease from 35% to 25%. Barring a code change, Bitstar is going to get harder to come by folks.
Why total amount of bits after one pos 35% year is less than 1,35 x 15 million bits?
Bitstar_coin (OP)

www.Artemis.co

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:38:12 PM

Why total amount of bits after one pos 35% year is less than 1,35 x 15 million bits?

Not everybody has staked

..A.R.T.E.M.I.S..|
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:06:11 PM

hi
I can't open my wallet.

It was working 2 days ago.
Now within 2 seconds it shows this.
I click OK on first picture and goes to the second. I click OK again and it closes.
I am on windows wallet 1.3.0.0 and yes, firewall is off

What are we doing now???

O_o
biskit

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:11:13 PM

worked for me moments back
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: