Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:02:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312567 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:57:28 AM

I'm on board with you guys. Every time I see flufflypony anywhere, it's quite discerning on the level of actual participation he portrays to the community. No matter where I go, I see, "why don't you work on the GUI", or, "we do this all unpaid and I'm not selling my small satchel of coin".

Small? The average joe is broke compared to these guys. You don't have to premine to buy half of your stash outwright when it's so new that someone selling their coins for .25 cents a piece thinks it's a rippin profit. Not only that, but being the first to actually mine when it hits shelves... The audacity.. It's a literal slap in the face.

Don't fret though, the millionaire will be back to plead his case. Probably tell us we should work on the GUI ourselves. I'm really losing hope in what I once believed in. It doesn't matter who can and can't use a CLI. The coin will never reach heights without a GUI. It's simple usability for any person wanting to get in but cant, because they aren't CLI friendly. Not everyone can compile from source, but everyone (figuratively speaking) can have a cash flow to spend on items.

I see that this programmer of the GUI is well-rounded in over a dozen languages, but can't seem to find out how to create a simple open source wallet. Maybe they talk him up more than he's worth, or maybe they're just sitting around having a good ole time.

Oh well. I'll still hold onto my small stash.

here you go: http://bfy.tw/7gse

first link, third wallet, easy...

best regards

it is an url shortener, is it safe ?

crap ok, you're right, not a smart move, but it was for the surprise, here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monero+gui

but now everybody already knows the joke  Sad
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:03:00 AM

Small? The average joe is broke compared to these guys. You don't have to premine to buy half of your stash outwright when it's so new that someone selling their coins for .25 cents a piece thinks it's a rippin profit. Not only that, but being the first to actually mine when it hits shelves... The audacity.. It's a literal slap in the face.

Price of Monero after 1 month was $3. And when i mined with my CPU i mined like 1 Monero a week. So trust me noone got their coins for free.

Yes the one that bought Monero about a year ago made nice profit. I think cheapest was in beginning of 2015 since BTC was low so Monero was at $0.25 back then. Those that believed in Monero at those most darkest times profited. They sold their houses eat only bread and water since they send all their salaries they got from 3 jobs where they worked so hard to Poloniex to buy Monero.  But with soem bad luck all might be fro nothing.

Developers also wrote code in their spare time. So they could nto focus on their job 100% and never got any raise there to buy cheap Moneros in 2015 sadly.  We the rest was lucky enough to make this happen.

Lets not forget that there is a DEV fund and most pools contribute. BTW where is a link to the accounting of that fund?

Not quite accounting, but they do have milestones listed.

https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress

Odd, not all of them seem to have the same detailed format with milestones and payout listed under the bars.  https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/2400/open-source-amd-miner-by-wolf0

I am not really sure about this but at soem point i read or heard someone said that that found was untouched.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:45:14 AM

Price at 0.0175, rough estimates Polo

57K XMR/1050BTC to 0.019, 96KXMR/1600BTC to 0.016

100K XMR/1900BTC to 0.02, 140K XMR/2200 BTC to 0.015.

I don't see XMR staying below 0.02 for long as soon as some volume arrives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_effect

"The common analogy is with the rolling of a small ball of snow down a snow-covered hillside. As it rolls the ball will pick up more snow, gaining more mass and surface area, and picking up even more snow and momentum as it rolls along."

I don't see any problems with XMR taking the same trip ETH did. Posting a prediction that in less than two months from today the market cap of Monero will be more than 1BN.

twitter.com/erikledgers
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:46:40 AM

My dashing foreign friends who brave the English fora might benefit from some linguistic tips.

Those that believed in Monero at those most darkest times profited. They sold their houses eat only bread and water since they send all their salaries they got from 3 jobs where they worked so hard to Poloniex to buy Monero.  But with soem bad luck all might be fro nothing.

Some prefer to spell the word thus: "some".  This is a very vivid tale.  I somewhat resemble that remark.  Teacher gives you an "A" for bringing a tear to his eye.

You must be stupid not to have at least hundreds of thousands coins or more stored.

This would be a perfect use of the second-person plural, mostly unknown to the yankees, but beloved in some areas of the American Southeast:  "Y'all must be stupid not to have at least...."

Any deviations from the optimum can be corrected, by improving one's choices.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Azael

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:56:28 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. The devs must be stupid not to have at least hundreds of thousands coins or more stored.

Most people sell after their investment or whatever is up several times what they bought for. There's a reason why people like Roger Ver became "famous" you know? Not many have the bravery to hold after a massive increase and generally speaking most of the time they'd be right not to.

"Smart" people like well known economists told everyone to sell Bitcoin after it were at a couple bucks, a hundred bucks, etc.. and with most other kind of investments they'd be right to advice selling after a massive increase.

twitter.com/erikledgers
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:56:40 AM

I'm wondering if there is any proven correlation between order books / market depth and future price development?

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:58:28 AM

My dashing foreign friends who brave the English fora might benefit from some linguistic tips.

Those that believed in Monero at those most darkest times profited. They sold their houses eat only bread and water since they send all their salaries they got from 3 jobs where they worked so hard to Poloniex to buy Monero.  But with soem bad luck all might be fro nothing.

Some prefer to spell the word thus: "some".  This is a very vivid tale.  I somewhat resemble that remark.  Teacher gives you an "A" for bringing a tear to his eye.

You must be stupid not to have at least hundreds of thousands coins or more stored.

This would be a perfect use of the second-person plural, mostly unknown to the yankees, but beloved in some areas of the American Southeast:  "Y'all must be stupid not to have at least...."

Any deviations from the optimum can be corrected, by improving one's choices.

It's like attending school and getting investing tips! No wonder I spend too much time here.

Baguette Holder.
OrangeP

Activity: 358

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:03:44 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. The devs must be stupid not to have at least hundreds of thousands coins or more stored.

Most people sell after their investment or whatever is up several times what they bought for. There's a reason why people like Roger Ver became "famous" you know? Not many have the bravery to hold after a massive increase and generally speaking most of the time they'd be right not to.

I simply cannot believe that super smart people like the Monero Devs did not take any chance of accumulating a good amount of coins themselves.
There is nothing wrong about that in my opinion.
They have/had the perfect circumstances to buy coins when they were cheap and also know the upside potential. (therefore not sellout everything)

If Monero continues to rise and one of the Devs missed out I'll gladly hook them up with some coins..

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:16:13 PM

Just bought some at 0.01764

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
Azael

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:17:16 PM

I'm wondering if there is any proven correlation between order books / market depth and future price development?

Depends how many in a specific market trade the books.

twitter.com/erikledgers
N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:20:30 PM

I think monero will never reach 162 again that was the bottom of some panic sells. I guess its a good point to get in again (in case someone sold).... 0,02+ soon
Azael

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

I simply cannot believe that super smart people like the Monero Devs did not take any chance of accumulating a good amount of coins themselves.
They have/had the perfect circumstances to buy coins when they were cheap and also know the upside potential. (therefore not sellout everything)

If Monero continues to rise and one of the Devs missed out I'll gladly hook them up with some coins..

Seems likely that some Bitcoin core developers don't own that many Bitcoins either. I don't care if they do or don't.

One could argue that hoarding the coins yourself could have an negative impact on the development of the economy perhaps not even allowing it to grow. Sometimes less become more like with equity.

twitter.com/erikledgers
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:29:33 PM

is polo down? i cant seem to be able to connect tried different browsers, different devices, different networks. none
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:30:11 PM

is polo down? i cant seem to be able to connect tried different browsers, different devices, different networks. none

nevermind, its working now
PlatoSWE

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:22:04 PM

hoarding or ''holders'' will create scarcity in the long run which in turn will drive up the price.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:25:41 PM

Seems likely that some Bitcoin core developers don't own that many Bitcoins either. I don't care if they do or don't.

One could argue that hoarding the coins yourself could have an negative impact on the development of the economy perhaps not even allowing it to grow. Sometimes less become more like with equity.

That's bullshit. The incentives should be aligned.

I know the Keynesians have tried to brainwash you but hoarding is never bad for the economy. That's a retarded notion.

It is not that simple and one dimensional in my opinion.
It depends if the merchants are holding Monero or using it as a mere token.
If they hold Monero (or pay to their suppliers in Monero), it might be good for Monero economy to let the coins circulate.

For instance, if you sell me something for 2 Moneros which cost you 1 Monero and you are not dumping your 2 Moneros, you were creating value to the marketcap of Monero [I have to buy 2 Moneros (instead of 1) from the markets to get the good I bought from you].
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Not convinced that his is a return to the bullish uptrend

More like a bull trap before continuing downwards
Quote from: Dafar

Yup...

0.0168 right now though... can we reach 0.018 today? If we can I'm out, I'm more convinced of a BTC spike during the next month over a XMR spike so I don't feel safe holding XMR. Could probably buy back a lot more if I sit on BTC

Lets go morning bump! It's possible that BURST profits are finding its way to a good XMR entry point (~0.016). Dream marketplace following the other DNMs to accept XMR is also great news.. but nothing that should re-ignite a pump. Great news nonetheless, and for the record I get my coke and ecstasy from Dream so it's nice to have an option to pay with XMR now Smiley

Got out at 0.01860 and got back in at 0.01705 with more XMR.

I keep making the best calls ITT while everyone else is like.... "hurr durr hodl for 2 yrs and you'll be rich!" .... "monero is gunna replace bitcoin, derp!"  Wink

I can't wait for the Monero ETF... I'm sure regulators will love how XMR is completely hidden and the currency of choice for DNMs. I mean it only took so long to get them on board with an open public ledger and convince them that btc isn't just internet drug money.

Although my sentiment is changing, I'm surprised at how well XMR is holding up above 0.016.... consolidation? Right now I don't know if it's gonna break up or down. Probably down because all the moon kids are convinced we are going up no matter what (usually when people get rekt). But I think it's worth being in at the risk of a short term dip. At the very least XMR has more utility over LTC and should eventually have a higher market cap.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
bitbitero

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:53:09 PM

I do believe that monero is going to be the next bitcoin.
MooneroShill

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:00:17 PM

I keep making the best calls ITT while everyone else is like.... "hurr durr hodl for 2 yrs and you'll be rich!" .... "monero is gunna replace bitcoin, derp!"  Wink

It's a risky game you are playing. Your calls are gambling, nothing else. I think many with the same mindset were locked out for good after selling at 008 thinking that this was for sure the top and they would rebuy lower.

I hope the same happens to you, cuz I don't like your condescending tone towards investors/holders, you need to accept that not everyone is a trader.
And nobody gives a fuck about the success of your trades, so take your boasting somewhere else.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:00:35 PM

Not convinced that his is a return to the bullish uptrend

More like a bull trap before continuing downwards
Quote from: Dafar

Yup...

0.0168 right now though... can we reach 0.018 today? If we can I'm out, I'm more convinced of a BTC spike during the next month over a XMR spike so I don't feel safe holding XMR. Could probably buy back a lot more if I sit on BTC

Lets go morning bump! It's possible that BURST profits are finding its way to a good XMR entry point (~0.016). Dream marketplace following the other DNMs to accept XMR is also great news.. but nothing that should re-ignite a pump. Great news nonetheless, and for the record I get my coke and ecstasy from Dream so it's nice to have an option to pay with XMR now Smiley

Got out at 0.01860 and got back in at 0.01705 with more XMR.

I keep making the best calls ITT while everyone else is like.... "hurr durr hodl for 2 yrs and you'll be rich!" .... "monero is gunna replace bitcoin, derp!"  Wink

I can't wait for the Monero ETF... I'm sure regulators will love how XMR is completely hidden and the currency of choice for DNMs. I mean it only took so long to get them on board with an open public ledger and convince them that btc isn't just internet drug money.

Although my sentiment is changing, I'm surprised at how well XMR is holding up above 0.016.... consolidation? Right now I don't know if it's gonna break up or down. Probably down because all the moon kids are convinced we are going up no matter what (usually when people get rekt). But I think it's worth being in at the risk of a short term dip. At the very least XMR has more utility over LTC and should eventually have a higher market cap.

When Monero reaches the parity with bitcoin and goes beyond, please do not come here to post bearish posts.
Pages: « 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: