Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:50:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 03:44:43 PM

i dont know why you guys so worried about other coin  progress Huh

i thought this is monero's thread ?

so what if Dash reach monero's marketcap, what would you do ? cry some more... fud some more ? 

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 03:58:30 PM

so what if Dash reach monero's marketcap, what would you do ? cry some more... fud some more ? 

Probably nothing... My Monero stash is worth significiantly more than it was when I invested into it initially so I am not hurting (hundreds of percents since I was in since the early Poloniex days).
I am more worried about the currency competition point of view. There is no room for more than 1 anonymous currency (in my opinion) and it is better be Monero, isn't it.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 04:14:14 PM

Probably nothing... My Monero stash is worth significiantly more than it was when I invested into it initially so I am not hurting (hundreds of percents since I was in since the early Poloniex days).
I am more worried about the currency competition point of view. There is no room for more than 1 anonymous currency (in my opinion) and it is better be Monero, isn't it.

so thats great if your stash worth 10x or more from initial investment. however   your investment today would worth 50% more if you bought  Dash when the price was at par with monero.

i guess monero competition is not against the fiat money Huh

heh... so monero is set to destroy other crypto at any cost ? because... "currency competition point of view"  Shocked

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:16:41 PM

so thats great if your stash worth 10x or more from initial investment. however   your investment today would worth 50% more if you bought  Dash when the price was at par with monero.

i guess monero competition is not against the fiat money Huh

heh... so monero is set to destroy other crypto at any cost ? because... "currency competition point of view"  Shocked

Some of my Moneros are worth more than 10 x from the initial purchase price, some significiantly less... I actually have bought some coins at 0.018-0.02 level as well. Not too many though.
Overall, the profit is hundreds of percents (average purchase price is sub 0.003).
That being said, bear in mind I do not own that many Moneros as some might think, my position is relatively small - I should have gone all-in Monero around 1 year ago, and prefertably leverage myself from toe to the teeth but that is just after math.

Monero competition is not against fiat - I agree. It is against Dark coin. Bitcoin is combatting against fiat money and it has done pretty good job recently. However, I am a bit against too trollish approach to Dark coin community because I bet no determined Dark bagholder will buy into Monero thanks to trolling... I might be wrong though. The correct approach would be perhaps more intelligent...?
faradayz

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:22:44 PM

I think maybe we can make a moneypot and start giving monero some extra publicity in chinese language/market as the Moneypot sites seems popular there. Investment shouldn't be expensive, and there is nothing much to lose doing that.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:35:04 PM

I think maybe we can make a moneypot and start giving monero some extra publicity in chinese language/market as the Moneypot sites seems popular there. Investment shouldn't be expensive, and there is nothing much to lose doing that.

When it come to translations I always hear only about China. If we look number of nodes. I am not saying number of nodes means that much Monero is known in that country. But it is some factor.  And if we return on that graph of top economic countries I posted few days ago here. We see:

United States as strongest economic country have   214 nodes
Germany   as fourth strongest economic country have 79 nodes
China   as second strongest economic country have 40 nodes
Japan as third strongest economic country have only 11 nodes

I am not saying there should not be as much as possible translated  to Chinese so they understand Monero better, since obviously is a need, but I never heard anyone talk about Japan, where translations are also needed, since lots of them dont speak English and i think rate of knowing Monero is even behind China.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

Agreed.

The Monero community has been extremely supportive of efforts to raise money for development where clear targets that make sense have been floated.

I also think getting the GUI to a less 'beta' looking version, working a bit more like Bitcoin Core (one click to open and no messing around with separate daemon / pointing at nodes) is a probably needed. It's still not 'foolproof' on all platforms.

Adding multi language support to the GUI would then be far more worthwhile. 

To refer more directly to your suggestion: some marketing and informative support at a basic level in Asian (indeed in all major) languages does make sense anyway.

I noted that even Dash does seem to do good business on the KL-based xBTCe site, so getting added there and on mainland Chinese exchanges is worth pursuing. This would be easier with some informative stuff in Far Eastern languages to justify a case for exchanges based in the region to add XMR.

I would be happy to support these goals, as I am sure others would too.  XMR is not Dash and that is to be commended in many respects, but if they are out there and we are not, we cannot complain that people do not realise Monero is a better option.

我想要火箭和火车
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:15:23 PM

Xmr and sdc are the best private coins
I think the dark will be a pump dump n without serious legs
I wouldn't even buy it as a hedge and the market has decided xmr is better than dash
faradayz

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:34:39 PM

Because that's our competition as well, we should look to their performance and perhaps get something out of it..
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:54:42 PM

i dont know why you guys so worried about other coin  progress Huh

Because that's our competition as well, we should look to their performance and perhaps get something out of it..

Dash is a centralised, self-serving scam.  It's just propped up by pretty good marketing and coordinated moves to further the interests of the Masternode cabal.  

It has no real quality, it is not competition. It's just not been unmasked yet.

Dash is not the worry, it helps people who make proper research to realise just how good Monero actually is.

The cream always rises.

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:33:19 AM

Dash is a centralised, self-serving scam.  It's just propped up by pretty good marketing and coordinated moves to further the interests of the Masternode cabal.  

Dash is not the worry, it helps people who make proper research to realise just how good Monero actually is.

The cream always rises.

Don't forget that when LE decides too dash's chain will unravel like a prom girls... Tongue

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:17:51 AM

The cream always rises.

Don't forget that when LE decides too dash's chain will unravel like a prom girls... Tongue

very easy. Not much investment to own a bunch of masternodes and quietly amass incriminating data. Security conscious users won't fall for it. In Dr Evils words: Its the diet Coke of decentralisation (;-)

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
guesswho1234

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:35:56 PM

since most of the monero volume is traded on poloniex.com this might interest you guys

its a tool to calc detailed profit loss from your whole poloniex account

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1545898.new#new

made it for myself at first but i decided to offer it for free and open source

if you are interested have a look

tl;dr; complete profit loss calculation excel sheet

greetings
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:15:37 PM

The cream always rises.

Yes the more I read about Dash the more I'm amazed people are putting money into this project.
Poorly implemented crypto, centralized nodes that collect tons of information, shady premine tactics to enrich the developers...

As for Monero, I still feel comfortable putting in a few more dollars.
Price is kind of sideways right now but its only going to being added to another exchange or service like Coinbase,
or a little more interest from China to push the price higher. I'm predicting $15 by the middle of the year.

CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:48:11 PM

The cream always rises.

Yes the more I read about Dash the more I'm amazed people are putting money into this project.
Poorly implemented crypto, centralized nodes that collect tons of information, shady premine tactics to enrich the developers...

As for Monero, I still feel comfortable putting in a few more dollars.
Price is kind of sideways right now but its only going to being added to another exchange or service like Coinbase,
or a little more interest from China to push the price higher. I'm predicting $15 by the middle of the year.

I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if we only were at $15 by June/July! We've been above that previously and we're only $3 away right now without Coinbase, Kovri, etc... It's too easy to reach that level that I can't imagine at least above $20, and personally I'm preparing for higher prices. But, that's just me. And personally, I will not sit around and "fear" some other coin's modicum of success as it has nothing to do with Monero or it's success and most if not all of these other pseudo-anon coins will definitely not be able to compete in the long run and that's what is really important.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

The only advantage Dark coin has is its marketing which lacks completely from Monero.
Dark coin is pretty much everywhere - the only place Dark coin has not succeed to find its way is my dreams.
Monero needs adaption and adaption comes when more people are aware of it. Marketing is the tool to make people aware of the project. Vlogging on Monero like Amanda Johnson is doing with Dark coin will bring masses to Monero community.... Thanks to marketing Darkcoin is relatively stable and kind of rising pattern. Blackcoin on the other hand is not marketing (at least I am not aware of it) and look at where it is now?

The reason why Monero is not marketed is the fact that nobody has an incentive to do so, therefore nobody does it.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:36:28 PM

The only advantage Dark coin has is its marketing which lacks completely from Monero.
Dark coin is pretty much everywhere - the only place Dark coin has not succeed to find its way is my dreams.
Monero needs adaption and adaption comes when more people are aware of it. Marketing is the tool to make people aware of the project. Vlogging on Monero like Amanda Johnson is doing with Dark coin will bring masses to Monero community.... Thanks to marketing Darkcoin is relatively stable and kind of rising pattern. Blackcoin on the other hand is not marketing (at least I am not aware of it) and look at where it is now?

The reason why Monero is not marketed is the fact that nobody has an incentive to do so, therefore nobody does it.

Better marketing would be good, but we get a lot of respect for NOT doing that sort of thing. When XMR gets news - and it DOES -  it's not always us that have generated it, or broadcast it throughout cryptosopace with paid marketing.  It's generally simply real news.  We are still above Dash in market cap and I doubt the price relationship will stay as it stands for too long.  Do we really want to be the 'Amanda Johnson' coin?

How long do you think having her speak for them will still be looking cool?

我想要火箭和火车
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:18:02 PM

Better marketing would be good, but we get a lot of respect for NOT doing that sort of thing. When XMR gets news - and it DOES -  it's not always us that have generated it, or broadcast it throughout cryptosopace with paid marketing.  It's generally simply real news.  We are still above Dash in market cap and I doubt the price relationship will stay as it stands for too long.  Do we really want to be the 'Amanda Johnson' coin?

How long do you think having her speak for them will still be looking cool?

I do not know anyone who respects Monero of its main weakness (lack of marketing).
Yes, Monero has been mentioned not only on crypto related media but also mainstream media.
The importance of marketing comes to play an important role when it comes to communicating Monero to the new people in laymen's language. Despite Amanda Johnson is a vocal Dark coin person I am not sure if people consider Dark coin as "Amanda Johnson coin".. 

There are different type of adaption:
1) Speculation (short term buying and selling)
2) Bagholding (consider Monero as an asset and want to accumulate it as much as possible)
3) Transactional (buying illegal stuff mainly right now)

When communicating, all these aspects should be taken account, they all have different mindset and thus the approach should be different. Let's approach the people from their own perspectives.
Luxo

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:22:23 PM

I do not know anyone who respects Monero of its main weakness (lack of marketing).
Yes, Monero has been mentioned not only on crypto related media but also mainstream media.
The importance of marketing comes to play an important role when it comes to communicating Monero to the new people in laymen's language. Despite Amanda Johnson is a vocal Dark coin person I am not sure if people consider Dark coin as "Amanda Johnson coin".. 

2) Bagholding (consider Monero as an asset and want to accumulate it as much as possible)

When communicating, all these aspects should be taken account, they all have different mindset and thus the approach should be different. Let's approach the people from their own perspectives.

I think I know where you come from: I used to worry about Monero not having marketing early 2016 but then it got accepted by the DNM, price went up and slowly down (oasis exit scam, no GUI). I then got worried again that we should market Monero but then price gradually went up with the release GUI, kraken, bitfinex echange accepting Monero. What makes people want marketing is fear and uncertainty that prices will go way down but I am positive that how Monero is advancing right now is not the wrong path to go.

What I want to say is that I used to believe that marketing was a must for Monero to spread but I am slowly believing it is not as it is a decentralized/open source project which is gradually developing. We still have more features to come and because it is an open source project, having suddenly many newcomers could do more harm than good to it. We should help fluffy with the adoption and awareness as best as we can and get people to be involved with it not as a buy-once-then-dump-and-not-get-involved-with-XMR-forever coin.

I believe the way to go for Monero as a decentralized and open source project is to expand as the same rate it is developing. Deep down inside, we all know that Monero is great, different than Bitcoin and that it is not going to disappear suddenly. Chances of Monero being replaced by another cryptocurrency is very slim as they would have to have continuous development and most likely start from scratch like Monero if they wanted to replace it.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:37:28 PM

I think I know where you come from: I used to worry about Monero not having marketing early 2016 but then it got accepted by the DNM, price went up and slowly down (oasis exit scam, no GUI). I then got worried again that we should market Monero but then price gradually went up with the release GUI, kraken, bitfinex echange accepting Monero. What makes people want marketing is fear and uncertainty that prices will go way down but I am positive that how Monero is advancing right now is not the wrong path to go.

What I want to say is that I used to believe that marketing was a must for Monero to spread but I am slowly believing it is not as it is a decentralized/open source project which is gradually developing. We still have more features to come and because it is an open source project, having suddenly many newcomers could do more harm than good to it. We should help fluffy with the adoption and awareness as best as we can and get people to be involved with it not as a buy-once-then-dump-and-not-get-involved-with-XMR-forever coin.

I believe the way to go for Monero as a decentralized and open source project is to expand as the same rate it is developing. Deep down inside, we all know that Monero is great, different than Bitcoin and that it is not going to disappear suddenly. Chances of Monero being replaced by another cryptocurrency is very slim as they would have to have continuous development and most likely start from scratch like Monero if they wanted to replace it.

+1 Nice, measured post.

我想要火箭和火车
Pages: « 1 ... 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: