Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
phoenix rises

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:02:17 PM

If that is the lens thru which you wish to view things Smoothie, that's your choice. I choose another one that gives me a different perspective and plenty of peace of mind - maybe yours does too, who am I to say Wink

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:04:06 PM

If that is the lens thru which you wish to view things Smoothie, that's your choice. I choose another one that gives me a different perspective and plenty of peace of mind - maybe yours does too, who am I to say Wink

There is no lens of which I look through.

It is the reality of the situation.

Jaxx announced they would have support for Monero posted back in October 2016 and it would be done in November 2016.

Instead of keeping quiet and working on their project, like many others have including myself, they decided to announce it prior to completion, thus only hyping it then to not deliver.

Hard to not see the over promising and under delivering.

You can use a lens if you wish, but that only allows you to see things with a form of tunnel vision.  Kiss

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

phoenix rises

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:10:02 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 10:40:33 PM by phoenix rises

Thanks for letting me know you have the copyright on 'reality', I will try not to infringe  upon it Wink

Ciao bella Kiss

EDIT: Look Smoothie, I've no beef with you or anyone else in this community (yet!), hence this edit, but I do see selective vision on this Jaxx thing from many, and a refusal to talk about other aspects due to loyalty. That's understandable, but it is not representative of the whole picture, and I really dont want to go to that place either as it's not necessary. Mistakes have been made, and will be made again. We should simply regroup and move on - the future for Monero has not changed throughout any of this - it is very very bright and we should be looking forwards not backwards  Smiley

redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:23:32 PM

So is it a good time to buy or should we wait 3-5 years at most? I'm going to invest for long term but I don't see what is the fair entry point. Is it still overvalued? Trend is declining for the last month. Is it possible to see below 0.01 again?
I believe this coin will be successful in long term but I haven't bought yet, I'm just trying to figure out a cheap entry point. Maybe I should regularly buy small amounts every 2 weeks/month.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:42:52 PM

So is it a good time to buy or should we wait 3-5 years at most? I'm going to invest for long term but I don't see what is the fair entry point. Is it still overvalued? Trend is declining for the last month. Is it possible to see below 0.01 again?
I believe this coin will be successful in long term but I haven't bought yet, I'm just trying to figure out a cheap entry point. Maybe I should regularly buy small amounts every 2 weeks/month.

Averaging your costs over a period of time is a tried and true strategy that works for many.  I will say that when things break loose, you will definitely wish you had more so don't put it off too long. Even if the price dips below .01 again, in the not too distant future that difference will seem very trivial.
Personally, IMHO 3-5 years will miss much of the expected price appreciation. I would buy a more than trivial amount right now to get started and add to it on a regular basis or when there are price dips.  The exact amount is different for everybody based on their risk tolerance, etc...

Best of luck to us All!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:15:38 PM

Thanks for letting me know you have the copyright on 'reality', I will try not to infringe  upon it Wink

Ciao bella Kiss

EDIT: Look Smoothie, I've no beef with you or anyone else in this community (yet!), hence this edit, but I do see selective vision on this Jaxx thing from many, and a refusal to talk about other aspects due to loyalty. That's understandable, but it is not representative of the whole picture, and I really dont want to go to that place either as it's not necessary. Mistakes have been made, and will be made again. We should simply regroup and move on - the future for Monero has not changed throughout any of this - it is very very bright and we should be looking forwards not backwards  Smiley

I disagree on the point that looking only forward can allow one to forget what has happened in the past. Not learning from history is, as some say it, the fall to those who refuse to learn from the past.

Monero has a very bright future and you are right focusing on something too much that matters little is a waste of time and unproductive, but I am not one to turn a blind eye to shenanigans. When it comes to calling a spade a spade I would wager that is "reality", when claims are based on facts.

Monero is an idea whose time has come.

Thank you for your honesty, even if we disagree on some things.  Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:19:48 PM

So are you saying that you disagree with Smoothie's version of "reality?"

Did Jaxx not announce Monero support back in October 2016 and claim it would be done in November?

After that deadline was missed, did Jaxx not continue to insist that integration was nearly complete and release was imminent?

Which of the above statements are you saying is untrue?
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:26:55 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 11:42:10 PM by Johnny Mnemonic

Also, do you really think the entire Jaxx team was blindsided by the regularly scheduled hard fork and the the open-source, much anticipated RingCT implementation?

Quote from: Anthony Di Iorio
It was working. It was working with the protocol as it was working back then, and again, in the same way, that MyMonero was working and once we had it working I announced the first transactions. And that was all before the changes were made.

Maybe next time our top secret devs will think twice before they secretly develop features that nobody knew were coming and release the code at the very last second in a surprise hard fork!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:50:45 PM

Also, do you really think the entire Jaxx team was blindsided by the regularly scheduled hard fork and the the open-source, much anticipated RingCT implementation?

It was working. It was working with the protocol as it was working back then, and again, in the same way, that MyMonero was working and once we had it working I announced the first transactions. And that was all before the changes were made.

Maybe next time our top secret devs will think twice before they secretly develop features that nobody knew were coming and release the code at the very last second in a surprise hard fork!

I am not disagreeing that their public pronouncements don't reflect poorly on them, but to be fair, hasn't the ring CT hardfork completely borked mymonero for several weeks now? Or is it working again?
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:51:38 PM

Ciao bella Kiss

I only got to say Jaxx brought that all on themselves when they "attacked" fluffypony for not doing anything for them for free. This post and the following shitstorm on reddit http://decentral.ca/category/blog/ are the reason why there is so much negativity about it + the recent "it is ready hype" when it wasnt. If the consumer relation would have been handled a little bit more professional or honest, i mean why did it need this interview, they could have said this right away when they paused the integration.
goin2mars.

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:19:08 AM

My speculation is that their canary died and they needed to come up for air.

me before: goo dot gl/QV7mhF
C0A2A1C4
ham
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5005

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:19:23 AM

This is what I have been doing, you care less about the swings this way I think.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
phoenix rises

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:43:07 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 01:33:31 AM by phoenix rises

Did Jaxx not announce Monero support back in October 2016 and claim it would be done in November?

After that deadline was missed, did Jaxx not continue to insist that integration was nearly complete and release was imminent?

OK, I am done with this pussyfooting crap ...

Nope, I am saying that this is not the whole story, lacks context and is basically a 'hit piece' on Jaxx that avoids mentioning the fact that Fluffy, who everyone expected to get it right (so he didn't have to announce anything, it was simply assumed it would be done right), royally fucked it up too and happened to be advising them. And is still advertising the site as 'The Simplest way to use Monero' with a warning banner that may or may not appear in your browser (just clicked there now and it did not), and arguably caused more short term damage to Monero's credibility than Jaxx did, and is still accepting new deposits from people, some of whom end up over on reddit asking for help to access their Monero from the site that is still borked. He has subsequently admitted his mistake, as have Jaxx, and I am saying 'Drop it, move on, the people that needed to learn have learnt and nobody needs to be crucified here'. Get it ??

And this crap about Jaxx bringing it on themselves - sure, they fked up with that reddit converstaion when they struggled at the start, but it is clear that people more involved than you or I were able to move past this and continue assisting, yet most people here still cant see past that initial interaction and use it as a blinkered excuse to vent. Thank god you do not play a more senior role in this project or your grudges would bring it to its knees.

So you poked me enough to speak out for you. Well done, how courageous ... I hope you are happy now. Do you feel like you won something?

@ DaveyJones ... they paused the integration AFTER RingCT, when the issues unforeseen by them and fluffy, came to light ... MyMonero is still acting like it's the go-to place to use monero ... where is the balance in peoples sight here?

Apologies to fluffy here, but I think it is wrong for certain members of the community to be shouting at someone outside whilst not looking inside too, and the accusation that I am the one with blinkers on here is ridiculous. People are simply too weak to speak about the other side of the story and risk offending you after all you have done, and continue to do. Personally, i think you have enough self-awareness and a thick enough skin to deal with it, and value truth, and Monero's future, over unspoken ass-kissing.

If we are not able to cast critical eyes inwards aswell as outwards there is no hope. Monero deserves better than that.

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:25:24 AM

@ DaveyJones ... they paused the integration AFTER RingCT, when the issues unforeseen by them and fluffy, came to light ... MyMonero is still acting like it's the go-to place to use monero ... where is the balance in peoples sight here?

If we are not able to cast critical eyes inwards aswell as outwards there is no hope. Monero deserves better than that.

dont you know what they tell me Huh  anyone who use mymonero is a "lazy ass" 

Wow! Lots of FUD in the Polo trollbox this morning. A lot of shorts talking their book and spreading FUD to anyone who will listen.

So, here's my theory for what it's worth... I think we have the typical situation in that someone is putting consistent pressure on the market to drop the price either due to a short position or just because they want to accumulate at lower prices.  This is not news in our world, the fact that someone wants to accumulate Monero that badly, even when most other alts right now are in the green, means there is a lot of upside potential. 

My approach is to follow the whales!

i think its quite difficult to follow the whales when your coin is in webwallet which btw being offline for days because of fork. so i can imagine some investor buy at certain prices and saw how the price climb higher and higher but then when he want to sell, the webwallet was not online and in the end he lost money instead  LOL....

and the ppl who tell him to buy monero and store at that webwallet call him idiot  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin
if you keep your coins in a webwallet it is only YOURSELF to blame fore being a lazy ass

I rest my case...

btw not everyone is smart enough to switch from webwallet to gui wallet on time, some dont have time to set them up, and some might simply get panicked.   

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:32:10 AM

Why are people lending XMR on Poloniex so cheaply? There is definitely demand for a lot of coins. 0.5 seems reasonable to me :-)
DaveyJones

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:41:07 AM

Why are people lending XMR on Poloniex so cheaply? There is definitely demand for a lot of coins. 0.5 seems reasonable to me :-)

Because they are greedy and dumb, if everyone would pull on the same string we would have higher interest rates
DaveyJones

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:53:40 AM

Nope, I am saying that this is not the whole story, lacks context and is basically a 'hit piece' on Jaxx that avoids mentioning the fact that Fluffy, who everyone expected to get it right (so he didn't have to announce anything, it was simply assumed it would be done right), royally fucked it up too and happened to be advising them. And is still advertising the site as 'The Simplest way to use Monero' with a warning banner that may or may not appear in your browser (just clicked there now and it did not), and arguably caused more short term damage to Monero's credibility than Jaxx did, and is still accepting new deposits from people, some of whom end up over on reddit asking for help to access their Monero from the site that is still borked. He has subsequently admitted his mistake, as have Jaxx, and I am saying 'Drop it, move on, the people that needed to learn have learnt and nobody needs to be crucified here'. Get it ??

And this crap about Jaxx bringing it on themselves - sure, they fked up with that reddit converstaion when they struggled at the start, but it is clear that people more involved than you or I were able to move past this and continue assisting, yet most people here still cant see past that initial interaction and use it as a blinkered excuse to vent. Thank god you do not play a more senior role in this project or your grudges would bring it to its knees.

So you poked me enough to speak out for you. Well done, how courageous ... I hope you are happy now. Do you feel like you won something?

Apologies to fluffy here, but I think it is wrong for certain members of the community to be shouting at someone outside whilst not looking inside too, and the accusation that I am the one with blinkers on here is ridiculous. People are simply too weak to speak about the other side of the story and risk offending you after all you have done, and continue to do. Personally, i think you have enough self-awareness and a thick enough skin to deal with it, and value truth, and Monero's future, over unspoken ass-kissing.

Im critical as can be, still i blame it all to the first negative attitude they BROUGHT ONTO THEM SELF BY IDIOTIC BLAMING, im pretty sure if they just would have come out back in November and said... hey community we need help we have problems here and there and would appreciate help.... that the whole attitude from the community would have been different. What goes around, comes around or quid pro quo. And for MyMonero i don't see anyone advertising it as the go-to place, Fluffy himself said that it only should be used for spare-money + even though somehow difficult, it is possible to open the MyMonero seed in your own wallet over CLI or GUI
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:42:27 AM

I am not disagreeing that their public pronouncements don't reflect poorly on them, but to be fair, hasn't the ring CT hardfork completely borked mymonero for several weeks now? Or is it working again?

Should be working again now.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
phoenix rises

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:56:12 AM

Well that's good news. Nice work  Smiley
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:12:13 PM

Yes I can also confirm that the weird problem on MyMonero that I reported on Reddit, here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5p24l4/my_monero_not_sending/  (<--- scroll down about half way, I'm KeyJockey there too)

...is now FULLY resolved and everything working fine.

MyMonero wallet balance and all transaction info is all correct now, fully matching to the GUI wallet, all A-OK.

So...?  Seems to me if FluffyPony and just his couple guys, Lee etc, who are running MyMonero can fix all these "so difficult" problems after RingCT, especially with Fluffy's busy travel and speaking schedule etc, in just a couple WEEKS??  How "impossible" could it really BE for DiLorio's entire *company* of "skilled full time developers" to get the same thing done for Jaxx...?

IMHO this is all still just a thin veiled P&D attempt to get the XMR price to "crash" back down below ten bucks ahead of the expected Big Springtime Jump.

It didn't really work though, LOL...

HoneyPony's seemed to stay pretty solid in the $12 range thru all this, and even thru HoneyBadger's spike over $1K and re-approaching ATH again. 

At best ... all of this "sound and fury signifying nothing" has gained 'em about a dollar's dip, big whoop.

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: