Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312340 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 11:02:28 PM

Monero has been cup and handles all the way down.

Sadly most of them have not resolved the way we would want them to.

But we are seeing yet another breakout attempt on the longest of frames on USD/XMR.

I literally never even consider TA in /usd terms.

Just sayin....

Are you guys doing this?

I have been... for 7+ years.  

Been remiss as of late, just cold hold mostly for years.
I do spark up a node for forks though.

This upcoming fork (not sure when it is) I need to read up on it.  It worries me somewhat really.  Seems like a big one.  But I need to learn about Seraphis etc.
It is not upcoming. It is likely to be >18 months away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnfoss

Activity: 124
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 07:44:28 AM
Merited by infofront (5), kurious (1)

THE MONERO MOON NEWSLETTER IS BACK!

It includes a big trading/chart section for everyone here to have a look at, as well as all the usual developments and news, and memes.

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-58

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 20, 2022, 02:27:03 PM

This upcoming fork (not sure when it is) I need to read up on it.  It worries me somewhat really.  Seems like a big one.  But I need to learn about Seraphis etc.

I haven't been able to find a decent digestible explanation of the changes, only marketing pie in the sky bullshit about how its gonna be better than sliced bread.

Has me concerned to the point I may dig up my cold wallets and cash out before the fork.

The videos on it are of such poor quality they are undecipherable.

If you find good material share. Cheesy

Please post info itt.  I'm not really that active in Reddit and CT anymore.  Got jaded when Fluffy got arrested.  I'm not one to judge and I'm not really sure who's telling the truth anymore.  I think he could still be one of the good guys but a part of me says never to trust anybody in the space.  You just never know.

Anyway as for the XMR/BTC chart, I'm surprised it looks good in the weekly.  If it breaks out the green bar and it flips into support, that would be nice.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 07:10:13 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Well thanks to John Foss' newsletter here is the tech info for Seraphis:

https://gist.github.com/UkoeHB/f508a6ad973fbf85195403057e87449e

And for Jamtis... the new addressing scheme:

https://gist.github.com/tevador/50160d160d24cfc6c52ae02eb3d17024

These are mammoth consensus changes in my opinion.  Monero has always had a somewhat progressive approach to consensus level changes.

I am not technical enough to know what the risks are (and I am pretty technical).  But I can see well enough that this stuff is going to introduce a lot of possibility of risk.

I am not trying to FUD by any means.. and the Monero community has ALWAYS had an environment welcoming dubious opinion.  So I am stating a firsh blush opinion that I hope the right amount of caution is being taken in introducing these changes.

I think it would be naive to assume that there are not powerful, smart, actors that would love to change monero in a way that would cause it to have a chink in it's armor. 

How do we know that consensus changes of this level are not exactly that?
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 26, 2022, 09:58:41 PM

I think it would be naive to assume that there are not powerful, smart, actors that would love to change monero in a way that would cause it to have a chink in it's armor.  

We don't.

The only guarantee against that is setting the protocol in stone. Developpers control every blockchain protocols that is not set in stones. All the talks about "decentralization" and "community" is BS, developpers always have the power.

Only BSV follows the path of decentralization, ie. setting the protocol in stone.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2022, 03:30:24 PM

These are mammoth consensus changes in my opinion.  Monero has always had a somewhat progressive approach to consensus level changes.

I am not technical enough to know what the risks are (and I am pretty technical).  But I can see well enough that this stuff is going to introduce a lot of possibility of risk.

I am not trying to FUD by any means.. and the Monero community has ALWAYS had an environment welcoming dubious opinion.  So I am stating a firsh blush opinion that I hope the right amount of caution is being taken in introducing these changes.

Here's something I wondering about...  First just to let you guys know, I haven't been reading a whole lot of info about XMR in Reddit and Twitter for more around 4 years now, my Twitter account is now exclusively following some guys doing MMA prediction stuff and I've unfollowed everybody in crypto. 

The only guy I tag or ping in crypto is Fluffy and that's just in tweets that are related to helping dogs.

Anyway, the thing I'm wondering about is if Fluffy supports the changes or not... 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 27, 2022, 11:10:00 PM
Merited by johnfoss (5), Hueristic (1), kurious (1)

To believe that highly technical consensus changes (even if they're not large) don't have an exploit, you'd have to have confidence in a LOT of public scrutiny IN PRACTICE. Just being open source is not enough. Remember the heartbleed bug that was introduced in 2012 to openssl but not widely recognized as a devastating exploit until 2014.

I don't know if Monero is making the right tradeoffs in terms of upgrades, the pace they are made, and the balance between effort into researching and implementing changes (interesting and high payoff!) and review (often boring and no payoff!). You have to consider that the old protocol or implementation may not be that great either, indeed it may even have deliberate exploits (I don't know of any, apart from all of the public limited ring size issues) and the situation would improve by replacing it.
johnfoss

View Profile
December 28, 2022, 11:26:15 AM

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 59) is out now to keep you old-timers at Bitcointalk entertained while you sip your Barolo :-)

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-59
johnfoss

View Profile
January 04, 2023, 07:03:26 AM

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-60
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 05, 2023, 04:17:17 PM

Here's something I wondering about...  First just to let you guys know, I haven't been reading a whole lot of info about XMR in Reddit and Twitter for more around 4 years now, my Twitter account is now exclusively following some guys doing MMA prediction stuff and I've unfollowed everybody in crypto. 

The only guy I tag or ping in crypto is Fluffy and that's just in tweets that are related to helping dogs.

Anyway, the thing I'm wondering about is if Fluffy supports the changes or not... 

Is he saying anything right now, I wonder..?

I feel the same as cAPSLOCK, I haven't seen a proper conversation over what the changes will mean and who exactly thinks what.  Fluffy's thoughts would be welcome but I understand why he is not around to say his piece.   

Back in the day there was a lot of chatter and devs would drop by - I always felt pretty reassured.  Now it's just 'fingers crossed' it will be OK.   Price is looking sweet enough, XMR is easily outdoing the likes of LTC and other coins with a decent rep and respected history.  We just have to hope we're being looked after by safe hands.

Happy New Year to everyone, let's hope it's a good one for Monero.

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 09, 2023, 06:19:25 PM

https://odysee.com/@MoneroTalk:8/veteran-darknet-vendor-doingfedtime:2

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
BossTrack
Copper Member

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2023, 03:57:44 AM

As the banking cartel gets increasingly more tyrannical and inflation becomes more and more thinly veiled I become more bullish on Monero.

tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2023, 03:33:40 PM

These are mammoth consensus changes in my opinion.  Monero has always had a somewhat progressive approach to consensus level changes.

I am not technical enough to know what the risks are (and I am pretty technical).  But I can see well enough that this stuff is going to introduce a lot of possibility of risk.

I am not trying to FUD by any means.. and the Monero community has ALWAYS had an environment welcoming dubious opinion.  So I am stating a firsh blush opinion that I hope the right amount of caution is being taken in introducing these changes.

Here's something I wondering about...  First just to let you guys know, I haven't been reading a whole lot of info about XMR in Reddit and Twitter for more around 4 years now, my Twitter account is now exclusively following some guys doing MMA prediction stuff and I've unfollowed everybody in crypto.  

Is he saying anything right now, I wonder..?

I feel the same as cAPSLOCK, I haven't seen a proper conversation over what the changes will mean and who exactly thinks what.  Fluffy's thoughts would be welcome but I understand why he is not around to say his piece.  

Back in the day there was a lot of chatter and devs would drop by - I always felt pretty reassured.  Now it's just 'fingers crossed' it will be OK.   Price is looking sweet enough, XMR is easily outdoing the likes of LTC and other coins with a decent rep and respected history.  We just have to hope we're being looked after by safe hands.

Happy New Year to everyone, let's hope it's a good one for Monero.

No, I haven't heard much from him on things about or related to Monero or crypto.  I stopped following him in Twitter tho or any of those crypto guys I used to follow.  I just want to have fun again and stop taking this stuff seriously.  Everybody is mostly here for number go up anyway.

But after Fluffy getting caught and held in a US prison I would be a bit uneasy if he becomes vocal about supporting any important changes out of the blue.  Not saying TPTB got to him or anything, just saying...  XMR is the last bastion of hope in crypto imho.  Devs can't afford to fk this up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 03:57:29 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), kurious (1)

Devs can't afford to fk this up.

That's the money basically.  And I am hoping they are not.  I am going to dig in a little this weekend and see what I see.  I have begun to make a list of "line in the sand" criteria.  For example I want full backwards compatibility with the old addressing scheme.  Similar to Segwit and Taproot.  But since this is a HARD fork (as usual) they do not HAVE to do that.  This one seems to obvious it hurts... they HAVE to have backwards compatibility.  Anyway... if I feel it is relevant I will share my thoughts.  (currently I doubt it will be lol... but we will see).

Also...  *IF* the Monero devs got captured somehow...  ah never mind.  I will bring that up later, maybe.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 03:13:08 PM

^  Why change the addressing scheme, how did that come about?  If something ain't broke, don't fix it.  IMHO.  But I guess if they're really gonna push for it, I think we should be able to generate a new address with the new addressing scheme from our old private keys.  That at least could make the transition a bit easier for the user.  But from a community wide perspective, a change this radical could pose some considerable 'inconveniences'.  Imagine not being able to send XMR to say a gambling site cos the site hasn't upgraded yet.  :/

I guess it's back to Tronz coinz again. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
johnfoss

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:17:11 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

Keep up to date with Monero!

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-61

Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 12, 2023, 06:24:55 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), bitebits (1)

Good grief.

cAPS decides to stop posting at the BCT idiot forum and suddenly the Monero speculation thread has not had a post for the better part of a month.

C'mon people!

OK... OK... I will give you a bullish bit of info.

I had to reinstall my main OS.  I use Arch Linux.   And to get the regular Monero binaries (GUI and command line) you typically have to go into the "user repository" (AUR).  This means, essentially, that you compile a binary of the program, maintained by a volunteer.  You basically build the program from source. It is not an official package for the distribution.

But behold!

Arch Linux now includes Monero as an official program in the community repository!

Yeah.. this is sort of fringe stuff...  But honestly, it is also quite validating that the best linux distro now includes Monero as an 'official' app!
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 17, 2023, 04:55:58 PM

How are XMR speculators doing these days? Last year I was talking about the bearish trending 200 WMA that was likely to act as resistance on XMR/BTC. While it did act as resistance for a couple of months as price consolidated towards the downside, we also did eventually get the break to the upside. I also mentioned how I didn't trust the break-out from long-term downtrend, instead wanting to see price turn the 200 WMA (or future golden cross) into a support. We are now at that exact moment. Price has since pulled back to the 50 & 200 WMA golden cross, but so far this week has failed to bounce from this level.

There is one overall takeaway I'm getting from this chart: Monero has been outperforming Bitcoin throughout the bear market of 2022. Literally bottoming towards the end of 2021 and creating a local top at the beginning of 2023. This gives me the impression that during a continued relief rally for Bitcoin, Monero will struggle to keep up, even if dollar wise will continue to increase or hold it's value.

Overall, it was a solid 150% bounce last year for those who caught it. Even 100% could have doubled your satoshis. But I think for now, the rally is over. I've added this coin to my list of BTC-based shorts.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
February 17, 2023, 09:17:19 PM

Good grief.

cAPS decides to stop posting at the BCT idiot forum and suddenly the Monero speculation thread has not had a post for the better part of a month.

C'mon people!

OK... OK... I will give you a bullish bit of info.

I had to reinstall my main OS.  I use Arch Linux.   And to get the regular Monero binaries (GUI and command line) you typically have to go into the "user repository" (AUR).  This means, essentially, that you compile a binary of the program, maintained by a volunteer.  You basically build the program from source. It is not an official package for the distribution.

But behold!

Arch Linux now includes Monero as an official program in the community repository!

Yeah.. this is sort of fringe stuff...  But honestly, it is also quite validating that the best linux distro now includes Monero as an 'official' app!
I´m waiting on delivery of a pinebook pro.  It comes with Manjaro, which is an Arch distro.  Never used Arch before, always vanilla debian stuff like ubuntu or mint.  I´ve led a sheltered life.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 01, 2023, 08:20:04 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Almost 2 years of almost no posting here made me a bit nostalgic. LOL

Monero still had not made the big break. Wonder if ever will or will just always stay to be used by minority. It is ok that way, and I am not worried it will not be at least that.

https://shop.monerokon.com/monerokon/2023/

Monero Konferenco was announced to be in Prague in June.  Not sure why it was decided to stay in Europe for the second year. Last summer was in Portugal. But they picked nice place. Might get tempted to attend.
Pages: « 1 ... 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: