Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:25:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam  (Read 69408 times)
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:45:29 PM

wall of unreadable spam
Huh
post a legitimate question or accusation and i will respond. i won't respond to an emotional wall of spam.
remember, the topic of this thread is the monero scam not DASH. try to stay on topic or i will have to report you for spamming off topic deflective nonsense.

The accusation is you are caught red handed lying 2 times in a row at least, respond now.

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:51:21 PM

Clinging to the idea that a year and a half is instant, or in any way comparable to a day and half, is just crazy. Seek help.
around half the monero coin supply has already been mined in a very short period of time compared to btc, ltc, DASH, Etc, etc, etc. you can call it a instamine or a fastmine or whatever, just don't call it fair distribution.

One big difference- "the community" of dash voted to not relaunch a coin with some starting "issues" and then voted to cut supply to 25% what it was first launched with.  The monero community decide to go the opposite path- to not break the social contract and not change emmision.
i have not seen anyone complain about a social contract being broken. if the community (early on) voted to change the social contract and everyone was cool with that then i don't see the issue. if anyone disagreed they were free to dump their coins and move on. no harm, no foul. if they try to change something now then yes that would be a problem.

at least you acknowledge the unfair monero emission issue. they could have fixed it early on but it's too late now, the damage is already done. they should just relaunch with a fair emission curve and non crippled miner.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:53:35 PM

Clinging to the idea that a year and a half is instant, or in any way comparable to a day and half, is just crazy. Seek help.
around half the monero coin supply has already been mined in a very short period of time compared to btc, ltc, DASH, Etc, etc, etc. you can call it a instamine or a fastmine or whatever, just don't call it fair distribution.

One big difference- "the community" of dash voted to not relaunch a coin with some starting "issues" and then voted to cut supply to 25% what it was first launched with.  The monero community decide to go the opposite path- to not break the social contract and not change emmision.
i have not seen anyone complain about a social contract being broken. if the community (early on) voted to change the social contract and everyone was cool with that then i don't see the issue. if anyone disagreed they were free to dump their coins and move on. no harm, no foul. if they try to change something now then yes that would be a problem.

at least you acknowledge the unfair monero emission issue. they could have fixed it early on but it's too late now, the damage is already done. they should just relaunch with a fair emission curve and non crippled miner.

Lol theres nothing unfair at all, DASH didn´t vote at all, it was the fuhrer Eddufield to decide it, like always.

Why don´t u respond to the layed out lies scammer?

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:57:54 PM

wall of unreadable spam
Huh
post a legitimate question or accusation and i will respond. i won't respond to an emotional wall of spam.
remember, the topic of this thread is the monero scam not DASH. try to stay on topic or i will have to report you for spamming off topic deflective nonsense.

The accusation is you are caught red handed lying 2 times in a row at least, respond now.

you're very emotional, i think it's time you stepped away for a bit and take a break, smoke a joint or something and get your head straight. you've already had to apologize once in the DASH thread today after accusing people of lying.

what are the 2 alleged accusations? no giant wall of unreadable emotional spam please.

othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:00:29 PM

There was never a wall of text lier; just 3 screenshots you are not able to read it seems, because you don´t want to, lier.

No need to step down, it´s fun to expose the dash scam lie marketing tactics.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:27:38 PM

to try and minimize the cripplemine by using "current coin supply"

LOL that you think that is minimizing. We could use the total supply after 200 years like you are doing for Dash in which case the so called cripple mine is more like 1%
othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:36:30 PM

LOL that you think that is minimizing. We could use the total supply after 200 years like you are doing for Dash in which case the so called cripple mine is more like 1%

Shut up Risto!

anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:43:05 PM

the fact its thet monero and dash are used into soo much markets it can not be full scam  maybe a bit of scam just like the XPY coin was
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:01:08 PM

This thread pleases me.

Are the accusations about a solo miner raping XMR true?

I can see fluffy and smooth have tried to take on Vitalik. LOL u fools - RUN!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:07:56 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 08:18:38 PM by smooth

Are the accusations about a solo miner raping XMR true?

The facts are here: http://da-data.blogspot.com/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html (also read the comments from the author of the post including his response to Vitalik's ignorant attack)

The correct summary of those facts are in my post above.

The spin from Dash folks such as MasterMined170 is mostly false.

The thread, by the way was created by Bytecoin scammers, as part of their now-well-documented effort to attack Monero in the summer of 2014 and pull community support back to Bytecoin, which of course failed (see CoinTelegraph revelations, etc.).

Nearly everything in the OP is false or unsupported. For example, come-from-above was never an XMR whale (probably never had any at all) and never donated 5000 XMR to the GUI wallet. The GUI wallet bounty thread is here, including the list of actual donations. I know it is correct since I administered the bounty. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589561.0

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:34:50 AM

LOL you would think that the current coin supply is a good gauge to tell % of total supply to give a valid picture eh?

Guess some prefer to have tunnel vision and to spin things until they don't know what is fantasy vs reality.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bigfryguy

Activity: 416

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:54:03 AM

Monero is not a scam.

but its gangster like followers have made it laughable as an investment....  no one wants to be associated with the Monero crew anymore.  they suck the soul out of crypto.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 04:48:05 AM

Monero is not a scam.

but its gangster like followers have made it laughable as an investment....  no one wants to be associated with the Monero crew anymore.  they suck the soul out of crypto.

Hello Mr. 60 Day Old Account That Only Posts To Defend VNL.

Thanks for letting us know our scam-busting exposure of VNL and its stolen code is really getting under your skin and burning your butt.

The tell is how you have to make shit up and lie, so great is your buttburn on a scale of 1 to #R3KT.

I'd rather be "associated" with Monero and Peter Todd than VNL and John Conman.

Cherry on top: that tweet was Liked by @NickSzabo4.   Cool Cool Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigfryguy

Activity: 416

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:25:51 AM

Monero is not a scam.

Thanks for letting us know our scam-busting exposure of VNL and its stolen code is really getting under your skin and burning your butt.

The tell is how you have to make shit up and lie, so great is your buttburn on a scale of 1 to #R3KT.

once again your off topic and sucking the soul out of this forum space good work..

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:27:05 AM

Monero is not a scam.

once again your off topic and sucking the soul out of this forum space good work..

The topic is about Monero...so he actually referenced monero in his post...so I'd say its ON-TOPIC. Please learn to read. thanks.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:34:31 AM

the word "anonymous" does not come with the stipulation that you must be a lowly crypto nerd without those resources, it means untraceable

No. Anonymous does not mean "untraceable".

It means that a blockchain address is not associated with a legal (individual or corporate) entity in the way a bank account is.

So called "backed" money requires to be obfuscated because it is only based on record keeping - usually that of the quantified level of debt or credit of the account holder who's identity is necessarily synonymous with the account.

Cryptocurrency, on the other hand, is not an electronic representation of bank accounts.

It is an uncounterfeitable token that is not "own-able" in any legally defined way because your name and address is not rubber stamped onto the blockchain. That is by definition anonymity and even when you buy 'crypto' on an exchange you don't own it in the way that you own your house. You simply happen to have control over a certain blockchain address, but not in any legal sense.

So there is no need to "hide" the blockchain to support anonymity. In fact blockchain transparency is essential for there to be money in the first place. What do people do when they think their wallet is lying to them ? They go to blockchain.info or some other public consensus block explorer to assure themselves that what they think they made happen on the blockchain - did happen.

You think they don't want to see the balance in the destination address accruing when they send a transactions ? You think they want to have to beg the receiver for a viewkey to assure them that they made a payment ? What do people do when they make an exchange deposit and their cash doesn't turn up in 10 minutes ? They go onto blockchain.info and check A. the sending address B. the receiving address C. the number of confirmations.

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks that users of crypto are going to accept anything less than utter transparency before they endow an unbacked monetary system with value then they are deluded to the point of disneyland.

What's great about Dash is this:

[1] - it doesn't compromise any of bitcoin's transparency - in fact it inherits it

[2] - it makes bitcoin perfectly fungible - directly, without recourse to obfuscation, loss of commercial compatability or transaction auditability. No other coin does that.

The implications of [2] are that electronic anonymity reverts to the level of true cash with all the associated implications for privacy and anonymity. One blockchain address is as visible, verifiable and accessible as the next, but simultaneously indistinguishable.

That is money. Not some trainspotter's cyphering system.

i could not have said it better myself. in monero you have to trust some third party gui wallet or centralized online wallet. all it will take is one naughty 3rd party wallet to totally destroy what's left of monero's credibility and continually sliding market cap.
anyone know where i can hire a shady 3rd party gui wallet dev?
how's that official gui coming along? eta? 6 months? another year and a half? after y'all dump your bag's on the noobs?

wolf0 knows what's up.

Anonymous does not mean "untraceable".It means that a blockchain address is not associated with a legal (individual or corporate) entity in the way a bank account is.

You make up jibber jabber and pass it off as fact...

"Anonymous is the adjective form of anonymity, the state of an individual's personal identity, or personally identifiable information, being publicly unknown."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous

Hate to break it to you, but he's right, and you just supported it with that. It's not about not knowing money went from point A to point B, it's about not knowing the PERSONAL IDENTITY of the people involved...

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:39:11 AM

LOL you would think that the current coin supply is a good gauge to tell % of total supply to give a valid picture eh?

Guess some prefer to have tunnel vision and to spin things until they don't know what is fantasy vs reality.  Cheesy

so shady with your highly inflationary unfair emission curve.

what is the exact total number of bitmonreo's that will be mined?
wheres that graphic? hidden away somewhere?

othe

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:45:55 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 08:51:03 AM by othe

There is no max total amount, monero will always be mineable.
Even in 200 years you can mine monero.
Relying on transaction fees does not work.

Totally unfair, that people in 500 years can still mine monero, yes totally unfair.

//This post contains a bit of irony

PS: YOU still ignore the lies you wanted to explain, scammer.

Best is the fucking dashocryte said this

all right but there must be some ground to this posa from cloak. If is was something useless it would not create a buzz like this I think, also there was a article on cryptocoinsnews although the writer was paid in cloak.. and there a lot of articles on that cryptonews site, but still I dont find anything that proves it don't work and the dev of cloak seems legit.

So why is darsend+ a better solution than posa that apparently was tested positive in the beta testing already? They say that you don't need mn for anonymity..?
lol, ok i'll bite....

I personally won't buy cloak because of the 7 day proof of work instamine. i'm not a big fan of pos rollback coins in general but i do like what bitshares x is doing with the dpos (delegated proof of stake) which can thwart rollbacks and other ppc/nxt pos issues.
#

Cloak instamine == bad
dash instamine == good

hyprocrisy at it´s best, proudly presented by DASH

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 06:49:51 AM

Guess some prefer to have tunnel vision and to spin things until they don't know what is fantasy vs reality.  Cheesy

so shady with your highly inflationary unfair emission curve.

what is the exact total number of bitmonreo's that will be mined?
wheres that graphic? hidden away somewhere?

https://monerobase.com/Emission

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
othe

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:16:54 AM

Here is the best quote from MasterMined hyprocite

thanks. after reading anonymints back and forth with you guys i was under the impression that pruning the bc was questionable and he seems to think it can't be done. it way over my head but he does seem to know his stuff. to clarify he did say it's not possible right? i saw the bbr guy pruned or is pruning some stuff but anonymint claims it's not near enough, correct?

i've seen people talk about the transaction provability part several times but forget the specific phrase they used. i'll check into it and get back to you.

so if i send you some xmr for something and you say you did not get it is there a transaction hash on the bc i can point to and prove it?

thanks for your time.

Both AnonyMint and I agree that pruning, in the Bitcoin sense of the term, is not possible with any of the CryptoNote currencies. That does not mean that other reductions in storage aren't possible, but there will always be a need to keep more data than with Bitcoin and its clones. Specifically, the utxoset *and* the key image set is required, and the key image set is unpruneable. The pruning that BBR does is to remove ring signature proofs, a purely linear pruning and one that I am hesitant about from a cryptographic soundness perspective.

You get a transaction ID for your transaction, most definitely. Here's a transaction of 335 XMR sent to my Monero address (49VNLa9K5ecJo13bwKYt5HCmA8GkgLwpyFjgGKG6qmp8dqoXww8TKPU2PJaLfAAtoZGgtHfJ1nYY8G2 YaewycB4f72yFT6u) on all 3 block explorers:

http://monerochain.info/tx/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d
http://chainradar.com/xmr/transaction/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d
https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d

As you can see, there's no way to track where it came from, where it went to, or even ascertain the correct amount. However, the very act of being able to provide the transaction ID to me (coupled with me receiving it) is normally sufficient to prove a transaction, since only the sender and recipient will know the transaction ID and the amount.

Of course, this isn't the robust or cryptographically sound way of doing it, which is why we're adding tooling to allow someone to reveal the one-time key (which is different to the transaction ID) for their transaction, and the person (or persons) they send that key to can see the exactly details of their transaction on a blockchain explorer or similar. In other words, this functionality is inherent in the protocol and in each transaction, but we just have to give people the ability to both retrieve this information and for someone else to verify it.
great info man, thanks. the one-time key feature will solve the provability problem i've seen brought up but i still can't think of the damn technical name they were using Cheesy
sounds like what bitshares x is doing with a secret key to prove transaction to a third party type escrow. the whole anon scene is very exciting!

only other real issues is the bloating and (visa level) scalability that anonymint always talks about. what are y'alls plans to fix that?
the crippled hash things is fixed (right?) and doesn't concern me as it only affected like 2% from what i saw which is super fair in the cryptocoin world.
the only other thing i can think of now is the issue of inflation,  4 years pow if i'm not mistaken?
 some have also questioned the pow algo cryptonite because i guess it's new and cryptographically unproven but getting professionally audited at some point?
seems like y'all have a great team working on things and i'll definitely consider putting some btc into your project.

what's your thoughts on bitshares x anon feature titan?

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDvXZMQNnhE

Delegated Proof of Stake - Let's Talk Bitcoin Episode 129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBpoRLmrbA&list=WL#t=726

a perfect example of GREED FUCKS BRAIN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: