Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 06:28:58 AM

someday ago i download getgems chat..
can i send my free getgems to poloniex?

Yes you can

◈◈◈ Trading Tip ◈◈◈
Never leave your coins on any exchange if you are not trading but HODL-ing (holding) them for a long time.
Download the coin's wallet and store them safely with password encryption.
Lastly, don't be lazy. Do it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:22:24 PM

what are the total number of gemz that will exist? Is it 100 million or 10 billion?
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 07:14:01 PM

what are the total number of gemz that will exist? Is it 100 million or 10 billion?
are you new? The total gems in existence is 100 million.
Its mentioned in OP.

Kuriko

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:02:55 PM

are you new? The total gems in existence is 100 million.
Its mentioned in OP.

There is 88m in corculation since 12m were burnt off the ico.

There is a lot of spread since another 30m i think it used as adaily airdrop spread among thousands of app users.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:38:27 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 06:33:50 AM by lawsonvl

Success of PayKey will help keep the business entity operational and we will be able to continue developing and supporting GetGems.

Apparently, even diehard apologists find this statement hard to swallow.

For they now must believe that the company was forced to create a banking app to save GG, mere months after starting the project, which implies the crowdfunding was a total failure.

Following this logic, they must also believe that $1.2 million in funding was only enough to re-skin Telegram and take babysteps towards adding new features.

Of course there's a much more plausible explanation: The company switched focus to pursue what they believe to be a superior opportunity at the expense of their original project.

Since PayKey was unveiled, GG has received airdrops (raining tokens via a simple algorithm) and an advertisement channel (a regular Telegram group with a twist).

Is that reasonable for 5 months of development? What are the operating costs over this period, salaries, etc?

We're at a time when the company's track record is speaking for itself. Some people can see it, some people can't.

Then there are those who entertain their delusions to avoid confronting the truth.

Find me the exact quote for this because i didnt find it anywhere or that would be you making up stuff on your own.
PatHolsg

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:16:50 AM

Success of PayKey will help keep the business entity operational and we will be able to continue developing and supporting GetGems.

Apparently, even diehard apologists find this statement hard to swallow.

For they now must believe that the company was forced to create a banking app to save GG, mere months after starting the project, which implies the crowdfunding was a total failure.

Following this logic, they must also believe that $1.2 million in funding was only enough to re-skin Telegram and take babysteps towards adding new features.

Of course there's a much more plausible explanation: The company switched focus to pursue what they believe to be a superior opportunity at the expense of their original project.

Since PayKey was unveiled, GG has received airdrops (raining tokens via a simple algorithm) and an advertisement channel (a regular Telegram group with a twist).

Is that reasonable for 5 months of development? What are the operating costs over this period, salaries, etc?

We're at a time when the company's track record is speaking for itself. Some people can see it, some people can't.

Then there are those who entertain their delusions to avoid confronting the truth.

Find me the exact quote for this because i didnt find it anywhere or that would be you making up stuff on your own.

Did you say 5 Months of development? Lol Its been over a year of full development going backa nd forth, ignoring every single legit recommendation in the early days.

I think the only thing they took into consideration from this community might have been to change the 10B total coins to 100M for the ICO just to make it more appealing to investors. ( what not to do to get their paykey kickstart right?)

But yep give me 1.2M And id make you a killer app, market it and bring in revenue in no time. lol 1.2Million US for a wannabe telegram app, id understand if they made their own messaging app but its a copy paste app.

Still funny to see people going all out protecting the ridiculous management of this project, they gave up on their initial project and now regular investors will have to wait at least another 2 years to MAYBE have their initial investment back AND THATS IF PAYKEY HAS ANY KIND OF SUCCESS AND IF THEY PLAN ON SHARING THE PAYkEY REVENUE WITH THE GEMZ COINS HOLDERS. SINCE LETS MAKE IT CLEAR, PAYKEY IS FUNDED WITH GEMZ ICO AND ANY PAYKEY PROFIT SHOULD GO TO GEMZ COIN HOLDERS ACCORDING TO THEIR TOTAL HOLDINGS IMO.

This would be the only way this scam turns into something better, paykey  will bring .5% of all transactions. This .5% should clearly be shared with gemz coin holders since they brought this project to life. This would be the right thing to do for those you stole during the ICO.

BUT IM JUST A TROLL.

Jeef Berky

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:22:37 AM

BUT IM JUST A TROLL.

Again, look at PatHolsg's posting history and you will see that EVERY SINGLE POST he has ever posted on BCT is negative and nasty and essentially FUD. And he has posted on numerous coin threads, not just Gemz. So yes, I do believe saying you are a "troll" is what you call an objective fact.

People like PatHolsg are quite seriously the worst thing about BCT forum. It's really pathetic that BCT "mods" (in quotes because they don't do sh#t IMO) allow people like him to keep posting their FUD in coin after coin and do nothing about it.
PatHolsg

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:23:35 AM

BUT IM JUST A TROLL.

Again, look at PatHolsg's posting history and you will see that EVERY SINGLE POST he has ever posted on BCT is negative and nasty and essentially FUD. And he has posted on numerous coin threads, not just Gemz. So yes, I do believe saying you are a "troll" is what you call an objective fact.

People like PatHolsg are quite seriously the worst thing about BCT forum. It's really pathetic that BCT "mods" (in quotes because they don't do sh#t IMO) allow people like him to keep posting their FUD in coin after coin and do nothing about it.

Funny thats all you quoted and ignored the real facts Smiley

Enjoy protecting this bullshit as much as you want , Ill stay there for as long as this scam is ongoing.

Why ignore the facts? They took 1M + from people to build an app but instead they used it on something else and never clarified what was going on.

The fuck did they build with all this funding exactly? This shitty wannabe telegram app with a bitcoin wallet inside? thats fuckin worth 1M? Your as much a troll as any other troll just for ignoring these actual facts. Enjoy protecting your investment hoping to dump it on some clueless future investor. Ill always be there reminding people whats going on.

They stole money, they are building another app which gemz coin holders will not benefit from. thats the truth you can't ignore the fuckin truth as simple as that.
Jeef Berky

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:33:24 AM

@ PatHolsg, what do you mean when you say, "This user is currently ignored"

Oh....I forgot, your post says that because I just ignored your FUDding ass, lol.
coinbasesucks

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:30:11 PM

Oh....I forgot, your post says that because I just ignored your FUDding ass, lol.

Maybe Patholsg is a Troll, I didn't bother to check his posting history, but frankly I don't care.  What I do care about are the issues he brings up about getgems.  Troll or not, his concerns are valid.   At first I saw the Magma partership as a good omen, because I thought, "Magma will want a return on their investment and drive Daniel and his team to deliver a superior product."  What I did not forsee was a total about face, a 180 degree turn in the business plan to achieve that.   Magma is not totally braindead.  I highly doubt they are advising Daniel and his team to move forward with Paykey.   Paykey will probably be a flop.  Daniel and his team are really selling investors hard on Paykey though, I've seen the 43 north tape.
Jeef Berky

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:59:07 PM

Maybe Patholsg is a Troll, I didn't bother to check his posting history, but frankly I don't care.  What I do care about are the issues he brings up about getgems.  Troll or not, his concerns are valid.   At first I saw the Magma partership as a good omen, because I thought, "Magma will want a return on their investment and drive Daniel and his team to deliver a superior product."  What I did not forsee was a total about face, a 180 degree turn in the business plan to achieve that.   Magma is not totally braindead.  I highly doubt they are advising Daniel and his team to move forward with Paykey.   Paykey will probably be a flop.  Daniel and his team are really selling investors hard on Paykey though, I've seen the 43 north tape.

I hear what you are saying. I don't know what they are doing with Paykey, but the fact remains they are definitely working their asses off on the Getgems app, and more importantly it appears that adoption is beginning to grow exponentially.

If they were working on Paykey at the expense of the Getgems project I would understand everyone's concerns and I would be equally upset. But you cannot argue with the fact that the user base appears to be growing exponentially, and there are CONSTANT updates to the android, iOS and web version of the app.

That's why I'm not worried at all about Paykey.
coinbasesucks

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:11:15 PM

I hear what you are saying. I don't know what they are doing with Paykey, but the fact remains they are definitely working their asses off on the Getgems app, and more importantly it appears that adoption is beginning to grow exponentially.

If they were working on Paykey at the expense of the Getgems project I would understand everyone's concerns and I would be equally upset. But you cannot argue with the fact that the user base appears to be growing exponentially, and there are CONSTANT updates to the android, iOS and web version of the app.

Roger that.  Sometimes it just fun to sit around and bitch.
PatHolsg

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:55:39 PM

Wait.

Adoption growing exponentially has nothing to do at all witht he getgems team, its the people referring their friends since there is a reward for referring or this app wouldn't have reached 25% of what its at right now. So don't make it sound as if marketing was done by the team or what ever.

You say If they were working at paykey at the expense of getgems? IF??? This is exactly what they are doing and have been doing in every competition they went. YOU SEEM TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY WENT TO EVERY SINGLE COMPETITION TO PRESENT PAYKEY AND NOT GETGEMS.

NOW YOU TELL ME HOW THEY WERE TRAVELLING FROM POINT A TO POINT B/ HOW THEY FUND THEIR PAYKEY FEATURES? WHICH APP DO THEY PRESENT IN THESE EVENTS? TALKING ABOUT EVENTS THEY WILL PARTICIPATE IN A NEW ONE NEXT MONTH. GUESS WHAT? THIS WONT BE ABOUT GETGEMS.

DONT GIVE ME THAT BULLSHIT THAT THEIR WORKING THEIR ASS OFF ON GEMS WHEN THEY ARE DOING IT ON PAYKEY WITH THE ICO OF GETGEMS OBVIOUSLY.

CANT EVEN ARGUE WITH A SHEEPLE THAT WILL IGNORE EVERY SINGLE SIGNIFICANT TRUTH TO PROTECT HIS 100$ INVESTMENT.
THEY TOOK 1.2m US TO DEVELOP PAYKEY, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE FEATURE ON THE GETGEMS APP THAT EXITES ANYONE RIGHT NOW DON'T TRY TO DEFEND THIS BS DEVELOPMENT.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:42:58 AM

Can someone give me the tl;dr of what exactly is going on with getgemz?

I am getting a sense that the developers took the ICO money from getgemz to fund paykey.

How does this affect getgemz?
GoldenBTC

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:34:45 AM

GEMZ is dirt cheap now  Angry Angry

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 07:48:47 AM

why would you say that, gemz is more stable than other altcoins here. So it has protential.

GoldenBTC

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:05:19 AM

why would you say that, gemz is more stable than other altcoins here. So it has protential.
Anything bad happened to GEMZ?

lawsonvl

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:24:48 AM

Adoption growing exponentially has nothing to do at all witht he getgems team, its the people referring their friends since there is a reward for referring or this app wouldn't have reached 25% of what its at right now.

Do you have evidence that growth has been fuelled by referrals?

As I posted earlier:

The explosion in GG downloads followed the renaming of the app as “Telegram with Getgems” to exploit app store search rankings.

This is why GG for iOS has a lot more users compared to Android. GG ranks significantly higher in the Apple App Store when searching for “Telegram”.

Hopefully Daniel will post referral stats. He's never explained the discrepancy between iOS and Android downloads, which is quite an anomaly.
lawsonvl

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:39:50 AM

I am getting a sense that the developers took the ICO money from getgemz to fund paykey.

You can look through my post history, which almost exclusively covers this controversy in detail.

In short, the result of PK is the current market value of gemz. It is worth less than 1/2 of its cheapest ICO sale price. The token rapidly lost value after PK was announced at the end of Oct, 2015. It has yet to recover.

Jeef Berky

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:03:00 AM

You can look through my post history, which almost exclusively covers this controversy in detail.

In short, the result of PK is the current market value of gemz. It is worth less than 1/2 of its cheapest ICO sale price. The token rapidly lost value after PK was announced at the end of Oct, 2015. It has yet to recover.

I disagree. Gemz value has nothing to do with PK and everything to do with the fact that it has been almost a year and a half since the ICO and in cryptoland that is an absolute eternity.

Luckily some of us discovered Gemz many months after the ICO so patience is not an issue for us. If I had bought a year and a half ago though, I'm pretty sure at some point I would have dumped some to buy the latest and greatest coin.

Like I said, if Daniel were working on PK at the expense of Gemz, you would have every right to be upset. But isn't it obvious that he and the team are working their asses off every single day on the GG app? And isn't it obvious that things are  starting to really take off for GG?

So what's the problem exactly?

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: