Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:52:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:55:44 AM

Dude you're having a meltdown, control your emotions. I personally think you are all overreacting, because it's much simpler than it really seems. Daniel has done a great job, actually finding the perfect balance in creating a real sustainable company while also overdelivering for us.

Think outside the box.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:35:01 AM

I decided to get rid of my pre-sale gemz soon after the Magma announcement, because I feared the crowdfunded money would just be used to payback VC's. This is a very common move.

Since most of the milestone money hasn't been touched, I suspect it's serving as collateral. They could likely unlock the rest of it at any time, by releasing some rush products.

Unlike token holders, the other investors are exposed to minimal risk as they wait for their share of the fiat/btc stream, or whatever other unannounced schemes Daniel might have going.

There was an expectation that milestones would help fund development, and development would follow the company's roadmap. The spirit of this agreement has clearly been violated.

But as Daniel has repeated pointed out, he has every right to pull off this deception.
kj15

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:12:43 AM

Dude you're having a meltdown, control your emotions. I personally think you are all overreacting, because it's much simpler than it really seems. Daniel has done a great job, actually finding the perfect balance in creating a real sustainable company while also overdelivering for us.

Think outside the box.

No. Daniel may have done a great job to push forward his own personal interests. Honestly, it is shameful how the community has been treated. The community has bee derailed because he came up with the PayKey project: Daniel saw an opportunity to get rich sooner. In way, it is natutal. It is human nature. Meanwhile, the gemz investors were completely ripped off. It is very unethical.

Daniel: do you understand that people are losing a lot of money while you get rich?

kj15

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:33:39 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:35:05 AM by kj15

Thanks for the answers, Daniel. That is enough for me.

The only way i see this failing is when banks get AE too and people getting paid for viewing ads in fiat. Because then that will really be the killer of GETGEMS. but then again, being paid in fiat may not be so tempting since fiat's price doesn't rise like a cryptocurrency  Cool. Because there is still a lot of room and potential for GETGEMS' price to rise. so the banks have to pay quite a hefty tempting amount in fiat in order to attract customers/users away from GETGEMS.  Cool. Competition!

As of now, looking at it from a customer's/user's point of view, it is clear that GETGEMS App is the winner for the taking because there isn't any social messaging app that pays the social user. Inviting Friends and simply being an active user, and then soon, just simply viewing ads are simple enough to earn tons of GEMZ. Sure...the investors are losing out (potential wise, but the results still remains to be seen), but i haven't forgotten that i too am a social user =D. so i get best of both worlds.

There are some info that are still not being mentioned here btw, just FYI for those who are upset. So i am not too concerned with how things seems to be poorly performing *solely based* on the information gathered from this forum alone. If you want more info, maybe you can learn to be more *active* in the GETGEMS app and be in some groups. oh and may i remind you to be friendly too.

On another note, as an investor: whoever is trying to bring down the price, bring it!! i got my Buy Orders ready! whether the price falls or rises, im ready for both! On a side note, didn't anybody noticed that the price of GETGEMS fell to 91SAT on Bittrex the other day? i think its quite old news now. but the fact that nobody mention it, i thought i brought it up. that Mysterious Seller sold about 16000 GEMZ to bring the price down to 91SAT. dunno who did it but man...THANKS FOR THE GEMZ! OH and one more thing - looks like several people are trying to get 50-100k GEMZ on Poloniex. somewhere down below...like around the 3500SAT range.

CHEERS!

You're an idiot. This is an adult conversation, take your shitcoin mentality somewhere else. Why the hell do you think someone sold to 91 sats? Cause that what they are worth now...idiot. Some of us are large holders we can't just dump into 1 btc vol markets.....we have been screwed by Daniels lies and will lose real money, as he makes a fortune off our funding.

I could not agree more. This is exactly what is going on.

The mastermind behind all this must be MagmaVC (or whatever Magnum nowadays). They must have noticed from the beginning that the attention economy story is lame. It will never succeed; too difficult. MagmaVC thinks that the crowd is just a bunch over enthusiastic geeks. Dont you see it? From the beginning, they started to give nice little advises to Daniel; mess his head. So, after listening the senior advisers of Magma, Daniel started to develop CENTRALIZED application for banks and other other social messengers. Suddenly, the GG project was abandoned. The gemz investors / EARLY SUPPORTERS who had invested thousands of dollars real money were forgotten. They do absolutely not have resources for both projects. How many guys they are? Two? No way. They should have focused on GG. If you collect
800 000 dollars from people and give promises. Respect them. Reward them. Do not cheat them.
This so *cking disgusting.

It is also disgusting that community heard about the PayKey via Youtube presentation by accident. He did not mention words "attention economy" or "gemz" in the presentation because he was so excited about PayKey for banks and other messengers: 0.5 % revenue stream from them. It is a *cking disgusting.

Daniel: how is conscience? Do you feel good about all this? Greed is not good if people are fooled.

kunac

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:24:12 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:09:43 AM by kunac

At these point is much better for investors to burn remaining BTC. Let's them vote!  Except copying Telegram Daniel didn't deliver anything. Closed source airdrop. LOL. What milestones? Let's him enjoy in 8% of GEMZ. Maybe than price will increase.

In other news Telegram app shuts down 78 ISIS channels. Where is your guarantee that Gemz is safe. Maybe Telegram owner don't like what GetGemz is doing.

What if Telegram owner finds out that his app is involved in Bitcoin scam?

Where can I found source code of GetGemz app.

Telegram is Licensed under GNU GPL v. 2.

b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:24:05 AM

I don't understand why a lot of people are afraid that paykey will take the spotlight from getgems. Paykey will be the catalyst to getgems mass adoption.

-tb-

How?? Paykey for Banks will have noting to do with gemz and will likely bury any other Paykey version
Or am I wrong Daniel? (I think not since you keep avoiding answering my question.) WILL paykey for Banks have anything to do with Gemz. Yes or No will do.

Already answered.

GetGems is wallet + social messenger. PayKey "for gems" is a wallet to pay within social messengers. Both will incorporate AE when we reach a critical mass of gems users to attract advertisers.

PayKey enables gems payments within any social network, initial version will be released very soon to beta testers.

Last month alone more than 10,000+ users joined the GetGems ecosystem and are now telling others. GetGems for the iOS App reached position #375 on US-Social Networking download chart on Oct 29, 2015 which is an amazing achievement without any outside paid marketing at all.

The mechanism that generated organic growth are the referral system + airdrop and the fact that each transaction has a link to download the app - since most of the transactions take place in group chats this unique technology is exposed more and more. PayKey enables to leverage the social graph of the biggest messenger and not "just" Telegram 65 million active users.

Most "pure" bitcoin users don't use GetGems, we can see this by the amount of users with gems only wallet compared to gems + bitcoin wallets. PayKey "for bitcoin" will attract the "pure" bitcoin users to our technology.  

PayKey "for fiat" + white label PayKey are aimed for mainstream users that are still "far away" from using crypto. It's not a secret that crypto education takes time and that there is a lot of work ahead, adding fiat capabilities and connecting with leading players in the financial industry will help grab users that would have previously been unapproachable, and in the future build the bridges back to blockchain technology.

Some of the biggest companies that are adapting to the market and adding fiat:
Circle: https://blog.circle.com/2015/09/22/us-dollar-payments-free-debit-cards-circle-app-updates/
Uphold: https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/welcome-to-uphold-the-internet-of-money
ChangeTip: https://www.reddit.com/r/changetip/comments/3laybl/changetip_now_supports_usd_some_thoughts_about/ ("76% of people would not use ChangeTip because it was bitcoin")

Not really. Paykey for fiat and paykey for btc could also include the AE and pay out in gemz which would in turn united all the versions, but we dont know exactly how it will work. Hence the question if there is any link in these other versions to gemz.

The one thing we do know though is if paykey for fiat, paykey for btc, paykey for gemz all come out, have their own AE and there is no connection between them, Paykey for fiat wins. Daniel wins with his 0.5%. Getgems investors - you know the guys who put money and faith in this company are cast aside to play with their messaging app which no longer has a purpose.
To be fair we were warned something like this might happen in the purchase agreement, but I didnt think the very company we were supporting would be the culprits..

"Risk of Alternative Distributed Instant Messaging Software Application

Following the Pre-Sale it is possible that alternative distributed instant messaging mobile software applications could be established. These alternate distributed instant messaging software applications may or may not utilize the same open source code and open source protocol underlying the Gems Mobile Application. The Gems Mobile Application may compete with these alternative distributed instant messaging software applications, and this could negatively impact the development of the Gems Mobile Application and/or the success and viability of the Gems Mobile Application, resulting in little or no value for credits to purchase Services on the Gems Mobile Application."

Damn good find....bascially they knew this from the start....they knew from the start...anyone know a good lawyer? It's sickening to know all this time Daniels anti banking rants he actually ended up being worse than any bank in terms of crypto uptake. Any beta testers if you have a brain should abandon ship. Articles should be written how he side stepped the investors and brought his fiat payment system under the guise of crypto and funded by crypto investors. Scum is too good a word at this point. I just had my entire crypto wealth destroyed by this jerk as he got rich. I invested based on the principles you said you had. Clearly you don't hold them first chance the whiff of money comes along.

Let's just see how this goes. If this is in fact a willful deception, I will have my attorney file suit on behalf of Gemz holders. Give Daniel some time to show us what his plan actually is. At this point we don't have answers.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:37:33 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 07:35:02 AM by nextgencoin

@VeritasBS.  that would be appreciated, maybe the community can collectively rally around this.

The deception is simple. Getgems sold token to the idea that they would be used for pushing Bitcoin to the masses and gems would be the attention token and coin for that system. When they didn't include gems in their first really mainstream product they contravened that principle.....CLEARLY AND KNOWINGLY.

Everyone should go read the Ann of this thread if they think they didn't sell these tokens as so, in the spirit of mass adoption. At the VERY LEAST they should return the crowsale money at the value they were given in USD.

What we in the spirt of the law and project actually deserve is a share in proportion to the company, ie 50% shares among owner relative to the amount. THAT sounds a lot but let be clear that what the token buyers thought they were buying into....in good faith.

Daniel better hope he doesn't become too rich or this community will become the new Winkeloss Twins...

Getgems better sort this while they can, put gems and Bitcoin into a closed app in the spirt of what was promised and stop hiding behind small print. You also have to stop any white labelling of tech which WE as a community funded and supported you and your company for the last year.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:33:12 AM

Some of you need to cool the fck down instead of having an immature meltdown. There is lots of demand for paykey with Crypto.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:36:57 AM

But does Paykey benefit Getgems and if so how?

GetGems is wallet + social messenger. PayKey "for gems" is a wallet to pay within social messengers. Both will incorporate AE when we reach a critical mass of gems users to attract advertisers.

PayKey enables gems payments within any social network, initial version will be released very soon to beta testers.

Last month alone more than 10,000+ users joined the GetGems ecosystem and are now telling others. GetGems for the iOS App reached position #375 on US-Social Networking download chart on Oct 29, 2015 which is an amazing achievement without any outside paid marketing at all.

The mechanism that generated organic growth are the referral system + airdrop and the fact that each transaction has a link to download the app - since most of the transactions take place in group chats this unique technology is exposed more and more. PayKey enables to leverage the social graph of the biggest messenger and not "just" Telegram 65 million active users.

Most "pure" bitcoin users don't use GetGems, we can see this by the amount of users with gems only wallet compared to gems + bitcoin wallets. PayKey "for bitcoin" will attract the "pure" bitcoin users to our technology.  

PayKey "for fiat" + white label PayKey are aimed for mainstream users that are still "far away" from using crypto. It's not a secret that crypto education takes time and that there is a lot of work ahead, adding fiat capabilities and connecting with leading players in the financial industry will help grab users that would have previously been unapproachable, and in the future build the bridges back to blockchain technology.

Thank you Daniel Peled for clearing some of the mess up. Wish you would have done that a little earlier with more focus on the impact it would have on the original plans for GetGems (the messenger+wallet) and less on the promotion of "PayKey" without giving a clear and detailed explanation of how the two would interact and benefit from eachother. If you did explain it somewhere in detail before I have missed it. It surely wasn't in the answers I received from you but on we go.

More questions:

GetGems is wallet + social messenger. PayKey "for gems" is a wallet to pay within social messengers. Both will incorporate AE when we reach a critical mass of gems users to attract advertisers. PayKey "for gems" enables gems payments within any social network, initial version will be released very soon to beta testers.

• This enables gemz payments only, no btc or fiat right?
  • Will btc and fiat be added to "PayKey for gems" at a later stage?
  • Will PayKey for gems be a standalone app or will it require GetGems messenger?
  • Facebook, SnapChat, WhatsApp etc users will be prompted to install PayKey for gems to receive gems? (gems only for now)
  • If Facebook wants to incorporate a white label PayKey keyboard for their messenger all connection to GetGems and Gemz dissapear right?
  • Revenue from white label versions as in the previous question are not part of the AE and will not end up in the GetGems Ecosystem
  • Will I need to install "PayKey for gems" + "PayKey for fiat" + "PayKey for BTC" and switch between them? / "PayKey for fiat" = A specific banks integration of PayKey?

Best regards

Almost all your questions have already been answered. the simple fact it will be provided as White Label means IF there is any traction at all with Paykey then you can expect tons of Paykey apps......do you really think a gems has any leverage in that environment.

You are asking the wrong questions. the question you should ask is why they sold the rights to banks (answer they don't care cause they get their paymnet cut whoever uses it) and why didn't they just make one app with fiat, btc and gems ( answer they did t want a hint of Bitcoin to spoil their profit steam)
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:39:46 AM

Some of you need to cool the fck down instead of having an immature meltdown. There is lots of demand for paykey with Crypto.

I don't know you as part of this community, you could be sock of getgems team. Real money is involved here and real lives time and effort. In my mind I was scammed so screw you're you are being immature nonsense. General Crypto demand has nothing to do with this argument....but it are right there is no advantage of getgems with Paykey now over say dogecoin with Paykey. Getgems investors have been frozen out of the development roadmap.....that is not a debate....that is a fact.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:41:40 AM

I doubt there's any legal recourse for crowdfunders to take, and even if there were, the amount of money at stake probably wouldn't be worth it.

The best way out of this mess is to sell your coins, and advise others to actually scrutinize the Paykey announcement. If you've been evangelizing GG as hard as I have, then it's your responsibility to at least talk to the people you've influenced.

I know the cheerleaders here are worried that public criticism could affect gemz's price. But they really shouldn't be concerned. If we're completely wrong and these false fears drops the price of gemz, then we've just created a great opportunity for them to buy cheap coins.

The market always finds the truth.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:47:53 AM

I doubt there's any legal recourse for crowdfunders to take, and even if there were, the amount of money at stake probably wouldn't be worth it.

The best way out of this mess is to sell your coins, and advise others to actually scrutinize the Paykey announcement. If you've been evangelizing GG as hard as I have, then it's your responsibility to at least talk to the people you've influenced.

I know the cheerleaders here are worried that public criticism could affect gemz's price. But they really shouldn't be concerned. If we're completely wrong and these false fears drops the price of gemz, then we've just created a great opportunity for them to buy cheap coins.

The market always finds the truth.

Paykey isn't a new company. They are running under getgems name and so if they leave gems the token and investors out of profit or sold tokens on false premise I would say there is a VERY good argument that crowds ale investors deserve to be involved. Did Snapcaht have a crowd Sale? Seriously we invested in good faith into a company and its goals, that company hasn't honoured that....Keep a record of your crowd sale if I was you...
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:58:11 AM

Communication issues? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MUsVcYhERY

No offense to anyone : Just FUNNY.

Video is about 10 years old and it is fucking offence for trying to have a laugh when some of us have lost thousands of dollars....on a wanker who is now going to enrich himself greatly.

a you probably arent a large holder so fuck off.
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:00:49 AM

Communication issues? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MUsVcYhERY

No offense to anyone : Just FUNNY.

Haha es ist ganz geile werbung.

Question, can i use paykey in bitcointalk forum?
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:13:36 AM

Nextgencoin only 2 coin will have paykey, bitcoin n gems.. Crypto users wont use fiat anyway so its best to seperate them, bitcoiners dont like fiat and will bash the app for having fiat.
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:22:39 AM

Some fegs like lawson are trying to get the price down before paykey rolls out.
npl

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:24:59 AM

You guys are underestimating how potentially great this is for getgems. Imagine sending a few gems to all of your facebook friends in one go, or whatsapp, snapchat etc. Any of your friends who receives them will wonder what you just sent them and what they can do with it ----> and will download the getgems app. The viral potential is huge.

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:25:55 AM

Nextgencoin only 2 coin will have paykey, bitcoin n gems.. Crypto users wont use fiat anyway so its best to seperate them, bitcoiners dont like fiat and will bash the app for having fiat.

The miss the point, PayKey with Fiat has the potential to very easily go mainstream.....what Daniel and team missed out was including Gemz and Bitcoin in that potential. The point was putting a Bitcoin and Gemz wallet right In front of the masses.....that chance was thrown away.....they can do what they want within the law but only an idiot would think they didn't sell out their principles for the easy path to riches.

I feel personally sick cause I followed thisroject with my money and principles......I lost both....honestly the principles betrayal is worse than the money.
npl

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:30:10 AM

You guys are underestimating how potentially great this is for getgems. Imagine sending a few gems to all of your facebook friends in one go, or whatsapp, snapchat etc. Any of your friends who receives them will wonder what you just sent them and what they can do with it ----> and will download the getgems app. The viral potential is huge.

And it even makes sense financially - you send 4 or 5 gems to all your friends, and for everyone that downloads the app you get 25 gems. Plus you spread the word so gems are worth more.

Notpriceless: Trade on the Blockchain Secured Collectible Marketplace. Kindcoin: Support Great Causes, Get Kindcoins, Earn Awesome Rewards.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:31:00 AM

Don't be a prick, if Bitcoin was in a wallet for the masses and payments could be made like a text, we could all be sending Bitcoin and gems to people who never would think to use it. People who would happily have it for the fiat abilities....only to doc over there is this other option to send these Bitcoin things.

Anyone who would genuinely have priority to get Bitcoin mainstream WOULD NOT LEAVE IT OUT.

Why is everyone not pissed as much as I am? I think holders just want to get out and spread good vibes till they do.....I don't give a crap about the price....however screwed I am. It's called principles....this forum isn't big on them.
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: