Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:57:19 PM

If they only released a Gemz Paykey I bet the price of Gemz would be 10x what it is now. I doubt they will crack the online payment business, too many already doing it. Seems like a lose lose for everyone.

Doing what? Allowing payments within different social media platforms with 1 account? Don't know any, its damn well thought.

I can send my friends money in many ways with my phone already, everyone's doing it on my campus, seems like the only unique thing about this is the crypto.

But you cant send money on fb, whatsapp, reddit, twitter, snapchat, instagram and others with one account. social media has the most users, if it catches on your campus will be using this if they use multiple social media platforms. Such thing afaik doesnt exist yet, why do u think there is interest for this innovation. The crypto and fiat world has never seen such technology.
yes u can, its called changetip plus like he said people r already sending money without the need for social media.

No you can't, i just downloaded the app, its fb and twitter only! Without the need? and how did u measure this? Also its pretty new, but trust me paying within social media will be the future.
https://www.changetip.com/send-tips, the above poster said people were already sending money with their phones so my point is that you don't need social media to do this

Again, paykey allows you to make payments within different social medias with 1 account, changetip only offers fb and twitter, no whatsapp, no snapchat, no instagram no reddit (from the app), no pinterest, no others.
I count 12 different social media sites changetip can use, it doesnt matter if it's web or app based, it is still using social media. By the way, how many social media sites have you used paykey on? Oh that's right, it's not even out yet.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:03:00 PM

If they only released a Gemz Paykey I bet the price of Gemz would be 10x what it is now. I doubt they will crack the online payment business, too many already doing it. Seems like a lose lose for everyone.

Doing what? Allowing payments within different social media platforms with 1 account? Don't know any, its damn well thought.

I can send my friends money in many ways with my phone already, everyone's doing it on my campus, seems like the only unique thing about this is the crypto.

But you cant send money on fb, whatsapp, reddit, twitter, snapchat, instagram and others with one account. social media has the most users, if it catches on your campus will be using this if they use multiple social media platforms. Such thing afaik doesnt exist yet, why do u think there is interest for this innovation. The crypto and fiat world has never seen such technology.
yes u can, its called changetip plus like he said people r already sending money without the need for social media.

No you can't, i just downloaded the app, its fb and twitter only! Without the need? and how did u measure this? Also its pretty new, but trust me paying within social media will be the future.
https://www.changetip.com/send-tips, the above poster said people were already sending money with their phones so my point is that you don't need social media to do this

Again, paykey allows you to make payments within different social medias with 1 account, changetip only offers fb and twitter, no whatsapp, no snapchat, no instagram no reddit (from the app), no pinterest, no others.
I count 12 different social media sites changetip can use, it doesnt matter if it's web or app based, it is still using social media. By the way, how many social media sites have you used paykey on? Oh that's right, it's not even out yet.

Ofcourse it matters, more and more use social media constantly from their mobile device. You cant take a desktop or laptop with you everywhere and access it on the fly can you.
mrvegad

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:11:56 PM

Ofcourse it matters, more and more use social media constantly from their mobile device. You cant take a desktop or laptop with you everywhere and access it on the fly can you.
Not sure about you but my phone has a web browser and it works with the changetip site
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:25:41 PM

Not sure about you but my phone has a web browser and it works with the changetip site

People prefer downloading an app version of a service on their smartphone, visiting web version on a smarthphone isnt intuitive at all, i just tried it and the first thing it asks you is to download the app version for my smartphone.

Changetip webversion supports reddit, twitter, email, sms and skype - smarthphone version twitter and fb.

Paykey will work anywhere you use your keyboard, so to my previous list i can add tons of others. Not even comparable to changetip regarding where you can spend money.
mrvegad

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:29:48 PM

People prefer downloading an app version of a service on their smartphone, visiting web version on a smarthphone isnt intuitive at all, i just tried it and the first thing it asks you is to download the app version for my smartphone.

Changetip webversion supports reddit, twitter, email, sms and skype - smarthphone version twitter and fb.

Paykey will work anywhere you use your keyboard, so to my previous list i can add tons of others. Not even comparable to changetip regarding where you can spend money.
Now look at who is spreading fud, look at this link and see what what the web version supports https://www.changetip.com/send-tips It works the same for mobile devices. Its just asking u to sign up with one of those accounts much like you will have to signup with paykey
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:37:49 PM

Now look at who is spreading fud, look at this link and see what what the web version supports https://www.changetip.com/send-tips It works the same for mobile devices. Its just asking u to sign up with one of those accounts much like you will have to signup with paykey

I see it now, should have tapped on the see everywhere that you can tip. but still no match for paykey, very limited options. No whatsapp, snapchat, instagram, viber, wechat, line and so many others.

You can pay anywhere u use your keyboard with paykey, its just genius, im not even overreacting. I can fully understand why they kept it under the radar, competitors would have just steel the idea and released it sooner under their own brand.
mrvegad

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:45:46 PM

The point I was trying to make is that using social media for payments isn't new and until you can use keypay anywhere to me it's just vaporware.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:53:40 PM

The point I was trying to make is that using social media for payments isn't new and until you can use keypay anywhere to me it's just vaporware.

It's still new, its not long ago fb announced payments and its for us users only, but the idea of making payments with blockchain technology is very new. Its a niche that has a bright future. paykey pretty much perfects the shortcomings of the current services, its not officially out yet but im looking forward to the beta.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:43:56 PM

Sure you can...

on fb  - supported internally
    whatsapp - ping pay (might be india only, not sure)
    reddit  - changetip
    twitter - changetip
    snapchat - supported internally (snapcash)
    instagram - noidea

and others with one account (one bank account or cc account? What do you mean)

Changetip now supports US$ and 12 social sites. They also support private email, sms, skype. I'd say change tip has quite the lead in this space.

There's also google wallet which I use and paypal.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:51:03 PM

You said it "couldn't be done" now, and it can. Not that paykey might be easier and less friction, but it's still currently possible.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:51:23 PM

Sure you can...

on fb  - supported internally
    whatsapp - ping pay (might be india only, not sure)
    reddit  - changetip
    twitter - changetip
    snapchat - supported internally (snapcash)
    instagram - noidea

and others with one account (one bank account or cc account? What do you mean)

Changetip now supports US$ and 12 social sites. They also support private email, sms, skype. I'd say change tip has quite the lead in this space.

There's also google wallet which I use and paypal.

Pk allows with 1 account to make payments anywhere u use your keyboard. That mean its not limited to a couple social platforms but all of them, thousands, every social app, 90% of these apps dont have payments, pk makes that possible. Whatsapp payment is india only so useless for many people. With pk you also dont have to register with each and every platform seperately to use payments.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:13:51 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 01:28:11 AM by lawsonvl

You can't make people use something, it's magic sauce that if you could bottle everyone would be billionaires. 99.9% of apps fail. I've been living in China for last year, we have so many ways to send money now, no one cares. Most people semd money to a few friends anyway or to buy something.

First you make SnapChat, then you add SnapCash. That’s how you get traction with a payment system. It rides the back of an existing popular service.

Daniel knows this, and that was the original plan.

GetGems, the social network, was supposed to get traction so that Paykey would have something to launch from. But GG has just 5-10k downloads in the Play Store, so PK has to roll out alone.

It’s putting the horse before the cart.

Paykey now must break deals with a plethora of banks, gain app store approval, and get masses of people to download a product with a confusing concept.

These are shot-in-the-dark proposals.

And once again, there is no direct benefit for gemz holders. So why would anyone, aside from Daniel or his VC's, be cheerleading bank deals and fiat payment options?

The level of confusion here (or denial?) fascinates me.
SkryptoDude

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:15:24 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 02:46:28 AM by SkryptoDude

First you make SnapChat, then you add SnapCash. That’s how you get traction with a payment system. It rides the back of an existing popular service.

SnapChat or any other social network will never be able to offer anything even close to PayKey. Why? Because PayKey works with EVERY social media.

Daniel knows this, and that was the original plan.

Really? You speak for Daniel now?

It’s putting the horse before the cart.

No. If SnapChat had anything remotely close to PayKey they would have have put it out there.

Paykey now must break deals with a plethora of banks, gain app store approval, and get masses of people to download a product with a confusing concept.

They have already signed up Citi and 4 other banks. That was over a month ago. It's hard telling how many they have now. Banks will offer the "white label" PayKey.

These are shot-in-the-dark proposals.

No. Read above, 4 banks already signed. Citi alone is HUGE!!

And once again, there is no direct benefit for gemz holders. So why would anyone, aside from Daniel or his VC's, be cheerleading bank deals and fiat payment options?

Yes there is benefits, advertising on all PayKey versions, including "white label", WILL BE PAID FOR IN GEMZ.

The level of confusion here (or denial?) fascinates me.

The only confusion here is coming from you.
lawsonvl

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:54:24 AM

Yes there is benefits, advertising on all PayKey versions, including "white label", will have advertisements paid for in GEMZ.

So what you're saying is: Citi, and other banks, are going to license a keyboard app that shows ads that are paid for in gemz.

I find this notion absolutely absurd.

Has Daniel even said this? Source?

veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:09:37 AM

Yes there is benefits, advertising on all PayKey versions, including "white label", will have advertisements paid for in GEMZ.

So what you're saying is: Citi, and other banks, are going to license a keyboard app that shows ads that are paid for in gemz.

I find this notion absolutely absurd.

Has Daniel even said this? Source?

He has not...to my knowledge.
lawsonvl

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:50:11 AM

Really? You speak for Daniel now?

I examine the company's actions, and speculate on their motives and intentions.

That is the job of a prudent investor.

Waiting for the official word ensures you'll be beat by the market, as many gemz holders can now sadly attest to.

...and that doesn't even factor in when you're being deliberately mislead.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:05:32 AM

Yes there is benefits, advertising on all PayKey versions, including "white label", WILL BE PAID FOR IN GEMZ.

As said before, PayKey "white label" solution are tailored for the banks proprietary branded apps. It will not include AE/bitcoin/gems.

The point I was trying to make is that using social media for payments isn't new and until you can use keypay anywhere to me it's just vaporwares.

We never said that using social media for payments is new, the ecosystem is competitive and there are different "social" payment solutions. Our solution is unique in regards of the user experience (which is more intuitive than most other solutions) and that it works almost anywhere.

We will release PayKey with gems for Android beta testers this week and iOS version will follow soon after.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:17:10 AM

As said before, PayKey "white label" solution are tailored for the banks proprietary branded apps. It will not include AE/bitcoin/gems.

The point I was trying to make is that using social media for payments isn't new and until you can use keypay anywhere to me it's just vaporwares.

We never said that using social media for payments is new, the ecosystem is competitive and there are different "social" payment solutions. Our solution is unique in regards of the user experience (which is more intuitive than most other solutions) and that it works almost anywhere.

We will release PayKey with gems for Android beta testers this week and iOS version will follow soon after.

Thank-you Daniel for serving the needs of the banks by 'Tailoring' it perfectly for them.

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:39:23 AM

Thank-you Daniel for serving the needs of the banks by 'Tailoring' it perfectly for them.

You are a spammer. Please go and spam somewhere else.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
softstorb

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:22:18 AM

Ill comeback here in a month to see the price droped to 2k satoshi. This coin has made not improvement in adoption this is going nowhere.
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: