Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:01:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:46:01 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 07:18:47 PM by peled1986

Was Paykey's secret development funded, in any amount, by money collected from the gemz sale?

No. The way it works is that funds from the sale are released only after reaching each milestone. We spent our own money and time to conduct the sale + development to reach the first milestone and received 25% of the funds to cover for it. [For comparison, with Ethereum, US$2.8 million dollars was earmarked for legal contingencies and expenses that accumulated prior to the sale].

To date we only received the funds to cover the expenses accumulated prior to the first milestone (163,012$ - https://blockchain.info/tx/997ce8399ce1305f6912b8ef7747fda0fa7fd9c903f40f29d83f90e6c95f4db2)

Will Paykey provide the company with any potential revenue sources that are independent of the gemz token?

Yes, if we execute well.

Will creating this new revenue source make the company any less financially reliant on gemz holding a value?

Yes, if we execute well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kj15

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:59:44 PM

I am so happy that the community finally reacted. I copy-pasted my original message from 10th of November.

I think you just missed my point. You are so excited about the PayKey that you do not see what is really going on. I am a bit worried about the ethical issues here. I am only defending the interests of the community.

The GetGems team collected 800 000 dollars from the community. The point is that the team spent the money to develop PayKey that generates 0.5 % to the team members. In my view, the money should have been used in a way that benefits the community. Obviously, the PayKey generates nothing to the community. The benefits, which are all drawn from the community as well, go directly to Daniel & Fellows. In fact, besides that GetGems team collected the 800 000 dollars in crowdsale, it wants to suck even more money from the community trough transaction fees, you fools. Don’t you understand: PayKey is a side project, a by-product of GetGems, which was developed with the money drawn from the community. That is very unethical, unfair, sad, and disappointing. I hope the community will react.  

Ps. I believe that the PayKey may be a great product. However, it was produced in a very unethical manner. There is no question about it. I feel cheated.

(Yoyoamigo or whatever he is, is the most horrible spammer I have ever seen, must be a personal friend of Daniel. Please, if you read this: do not comment. Stay quiet. Everyone knows what you think. You love Daniel so much that you are unable to see what is really going on: the community is cheated, fully forgotten, robbed). I feel like GG stole thousands of dollars from me to develop PayKey.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:09:41 PM

The GetGems team collected 800 000 dollars from the community. The point is that the team spent the money to develop PayKey that generates 0.5 % to the team members. In my view, the money should have been used in a way that benefits the community. Obviously, the PayKey generates nothing to the community. The benefits, which are all drawn from the community as well, go directly to Daniel & Fellows. In fact, besides that GetGems team collected the 800 000 dollars in crowdsale, it wants to suck even more money from the community trough transaction fees, you fools. Don’t you understand: PayKey is a side project, a by-product of GetGems, which was developed with the money drawn from the community. That is very unethical, unfair, sad, and disappointing. I hope the community will react.  

Ps. I believe that the PayKey may be a great product. However, it was produced in a very unethical manner. There is no question about it. I feel cheated.

100% of what is written here is wrong, please read my previous answers (at least you wrote in "my view" which you're of course entitled to have).
The idea behind PayKey is new and we're working hard to get it to the market asap.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:12:59 PM

Thank you Daniel for shining some light to this, very excited to the PayKey beta and test it out. Keep up the great work!
Vrezor

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:18:53 PM

But does Paykey benefit Getgems and if so how?

GetGems is wallet + social messenger. PayKey "for gems" is a wallet to pay within social messengers. Both will incorporate AE when we reach a critical mass of gems users to attract advertisers.

PayKey enables gems payments within any social network, initial version will be released very soon to beta testers.

Last month alone more than 10,000+ users joined the GetGems ecosystem and are now telling others. GetGems for the iOS App reached position #375 on US-Social Networking download chart on Oct 29, 2015 which is an amazing achievement without any outside paid marketing at all.

The biggest organic mechanism that generated organic growth are the referral system + airdrop and the fact that each transaction has a link to download the app - since most of the transactions take place in group chats this unique technology is exposed more and more. PayKey enables to leverage the social graph of the biggest messenger and not "just" Telegram 65 million active users.

Most "pure" bitcoin users don't use GetGems, we can see this by the amount of users with gems only wallet compared to gems + bitcoin wallets. PayKey "for bitcoin" will attract the "pure" bitcoin users to our technology.  

PayKey "for fiat" + white label PayKey are aimed for mainstream users that are still "far away" from using crypto. It's not a secret that crypto education takes time and that there is a lot of work ahead, adding fiat capabilities and connecting with leading players in the financial industry will help grab users that would have previously been unapproachable, and in the future build the bridges back to blockchain technology.

Some of the biggest companies that are adapting to the market:
Circle: https://blog.circle.com/2015/09/22/us-dollar-payments-free-debit-cards-circle-app-updates/
Uphold: https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/welcome-to-uphold-the-internet-of-money
ChangeTip: https://www.reddit.com/r/changetip/comments/3laybl/changetip_now_supports_usd_some_thoughts_about/ ("76% of people would not use ChangeTip because it was bitcoin")

Will PayKey for Gems be the only version of PayKey to incorporate AE?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:26:18 PM

Will PayKey for Gems be the only version of PayKey to incorporate AE?

- White label PayKey (B2B2C) are tailored to the client requests.
- We aim to leverage AE on our B2C apps.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:42:12 PM

So paykey for Banks has no connection to gemz in anyway? or have I miss read.

(I know you are online)
kj15

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:55:38 PM

100% of what is written here is wrong, please read my previous answers (at least you wrote in "my view" which you're of course entitled to have).
The idea behind PayKey is new and we're working hard to get it to the market asap.

If PayKey revenues are shared with the community there will be no problem. You could take x % of PayKey revenue to yourself to run customer support, pay salaries, further develop the app and so on. This was suppose to be community project. Daniel, you need the community. I know that you are working hard, very hard. And you deliver. You really do. And I truly believe that you need to get rewarded for that (more than average investor). You just need to find another, more acceptable, way to do that.
kj15

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

So paykey for Banks has no connection to gemz in anyway? or have I miss read.

(I know you are online)

If PayKey for banks has no connection to gemz it is a fundamental problem. Everything around this project should be related to gemz.
If whatsapp adopts PayKey why GG would be needed anymore.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:21:32 PM

Thanks Daniel for the explanation, paykey is one of the best features for cryptocurrency, meanwhile im digging the eairdrop and web client. airdrop has the highest pay of all coins.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:01:11 PM

I don't understand why a lot of people are afraid that paykey will take the spotlight from getgems.  Paykey will be the catalyst to getgems mass adoption.

-tb-

How?? Paykey for Banks will have noting to do with gemz and will likely bury any other Paykey version
Or am I wrong Daniel? (I think not since you keep avoiding answering my question.) WILL paykey for Banks have anything to do with Gemz. Yes or No will do.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:08:31 PM

I don't understand why a lot of people are afraid that paykey will take the spotlight from getgems.  Paykey will be the catalyst to getgems mass adoption.

-tb-

How?? Paykey for Banks will have noting to do with gemz and will likely bury any other Paykey version
Or am I wrong Daniel? (I think not since you keep avoiding answering my question.) WILL paykey for Banks have anything to do with Gemz. Yes or No will do.

You're right.  It's paykey with Getgems that advertisers need gems. 

-tb-

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:41:27 AM

-tb-

Already answered.

GetGems is wallet + social messenger. PayKey "for gems" is a wallet to pay within social messengers. Both will incorporate AE when we reach a critical mass of gems users to attract advertisers.

PayKey enables gems payments within any social network, initial version will be released very soon to beta testers.

Last month alone more than 10,000+ users joined the GetGems ecosystem and are now telling others. GetGems for the iOS App reached position #375 on US-Social Networking download chart on Oct 29, 2015 which is an amazing achievement without any outside paid marketing at all.

The mechanism that generated organic growth are the referral system + airdrop and the fact that each transaction has a link to download the app - since most of the transactions take place in group chats this unique technology is exposed more and more. PayKey enables to leverage the social graph of the biggest messenger and not "just" Telegram 65 million active users.

Most "pure" bitcoin users don't use GetGems, we can see this by the amount of users with gems only wallet compared to gems + bitcoin wallets. PayKey "for bitcoin" will attract the "pure" bitcoin users to our technology.  

PayKey "for fiat" + white label PayKey are aimed for mainstream users that are still "far away" from using crypto. It's not a secret that crypto education takes time and that there is a lot of work ahead, adding fiat capabilities and connecting with leading players in the financial industry will help grab users that would have previously been unapproachable, and in the future build the bridges back to blockchain technology.

Some of the biggest companies that are adapting to the market and adding fiat:
Circle: https://blog.circle.com/2015/09/22/us-dollar-payments-free-debit-cards-circle-app-updates/
Uphold: https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/welcome-to-uphold-the-internet-of-money
ChangeTip: https://www.reddit.com/r/changetip/comments/3laybl/changetip_now_supports_usd_some_thoughts_about/ ("76% of people would not use ChangeTip because it was bitcoin")
lawsonvl

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:50:45 AM

Will Paykey provide the company with any potential revenue sources that are independent of the gemz token?

Yes, if we execute well.

Will creating this new revenue source make the company any less financially reliant on gemz holding a value?

Yes, if we execute well.

Thanks for the direct answers, but you’ve confirmed my worst fears:

In 2014 you promised to build a product that would give gemz value. But a year later you've developed a different product that actually undermines its value.

So yes, you haven’t touched the bulk of the crowdsourced funds because you haven’t delivered on your promises; the money could be locked up indefinitely as you pursue other opportunities.

I’m sure your entitled to break the roadmap however you see fit, but nobody would have given you a dime had they known you were building a fiat/btc revenue stream.

So I’ll ask again:

When did Paykey’s development start?

Are they the same developers who are working on GG?
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 01:18:09 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 01:28:53 AM by yoyoamigo

Thanks for the answers, Daniel. That is enough for me.

The only way i see this failing is when banks get AE too and people getting paid for viewing ads in fiat. Because then that will really be the killer of GETGEMS. but then again, being paid in fiat may not be so tempting since fiat's price doesn't rise like a cryptocurrency  Cool. Because there is still a lot of room and potential for GETGEMS' price to rise. so the banks have to pay quite a hefty tempting amount in fiat in order to attract customers/users away from GETGEMS.  Cool. Competition!

As of now, looking at it from a customer's/user's point of view, it is clear that GETGEMS App is the winner for the taking because there isn't any social messaging app that pays the social user. Inviting Friends and simply being an active user, and then soon, just simply viewing ads are simple enough to earn tons of GEMZ. Sure...the investors are losing out (potential wise, but the results still remains to be seen), but i haven't forgotten that i too am a social user =D. so i get best of both worlds.

There are some info that are still not being mentioned here btw, just FYI for those who are upset. So i am not too concerned with how things seems to be poorly performing *solely based* on the information gathered from this forum alone. If you want more info, maybe you can learn to be more *active* in the GETGEMS app and be in some groups. oh and may i remind you to be friendly too.

On another note, as an investor: whoever is trying to bring down the price, bring it!! i got my Buy Orders ready! whether the price falls or rises, im ready for both! On a side note, didn't anybody noticed that the price of GETGEMS fell to 91SAT on Bittrex the other day? i think its quite old news now. but the fact that nobody mention it, i thought i brought it up. that Mysterious Seller sold about 16000 GEMZ to bring the price down to 91SAT. dunno who did it but man...THANKS FOR THE GEMZ! OH and one more thing - looks like several people are trying to get 50-100k GEMZ on Poloniex. somewhere down below...like around the 3500SAT range.

CHEERS!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:42:33 AM

I don't understand why a lot of people are afraid that paykey will take the spotlight from getgems. Paykey will be the catalyst to getgems mass adoption.

-tb-

Already answered.

The mechanism that generated organic growth are the referral system + airdrop and the fact that each transaction has a link to download the app - since most of the transactions take place in group chats this unique technology is exposed more and more. PayKey enables to leverage the social graph of the biggest messenger and not "just" Telegram 65 million active users.

Not really. Paykey for fiat and paykey for btc could also include the AE and pay out in gemz which would in turn united all the versions, but we dont know exactly how it will work. Hence the question if there is any link in these other versions to gemz.

The one thing we do know though is if paykey for fiat, paykey for btc, paykey for gemz all come out, have their own AE and there is no connection between them, Paykey for fiat wins. Daniel wins with his 0.5%. Getgems investors - you know the guys who put money and faith in this company are cast aside to play with their messaging app which no longer has a purpose.
To be fair we were warned something like this might happen in the purchase agreement, but I didnt think the very company we were supporting would be the culprits..

"Risk of Alternative Distributed Instant Messaging Software Application

Following the Pre-Sale it is possible that alternative distributed instant messaging mobile software applications could be established. These alternate distributed instant messaging software applications may or may not utilize the same open source code and open source protocol underlying the Gems Mobile Application. The Gems Mobile Application may compete with these alternative distributed instant messaging software applications, and this could negatively impact the development of the Gems Mobile Application and/or the success and viability of the Gems Mobile Application, resulting in little or no value for credits to purchase Services on the Gems Mobile Application."

One more small point regarding -Most "pure" bitcoin users don't use GetGems, we can see this by the amount of users with gems only wallet compared to gems + bitcoin wallets. PayKey "for bitcoin" will attract the "pure" bitcoin users to our technology.

In my case I dont use the bitcoin wallet because the app is still in early stages and would be too risky. I also dont keep many gemz on the app for the same reason and I would think that this is the case for most users
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:43:51 AM

Well you got your politician answer, at no point did he admit which is the case that Gemz and Bitcoin is going to be completely left out of the biggest Paykey project for the masses. And he even threw is BULLSHIT about other Bitcoin venders including fiat. THE POINT IS NOT THAT FIAT IS IN THE APP THE POINT IS YOU SEPERATED FIAT FROM CRYPTO. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THIS PROJECT CAN SAY ITS TRYING TO BRING CRYPTO TO THE MASSES AND LEAVE CRYPTO OUT OF THE BIGGEST MARKET!!!!!

THE QUESTION WAS ALWAYS WHY NOT HAVE BITCOIN AND GEMZ AS A PAYMENT OPTION ON ONE PAYKEY APP???

DANIEL YOU HAVE BETRAYED THE PRINCIPLES OF THIS PROJECT. AS PEOPLE SEE PAYKEY WITH FIAT GROW AND YOU GET RICH PEOPLE HERE WILL SEE GETGEMS APP WITH A TINY MARKET AND EVEN OVERTAKEN BY BITCOIN VERSION AND WILL HATE YOU. EVEN THE DUMB ONES THAT DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

LAST CHANCE, SAY SORRY AND MAKE ONE APP WITH FIAT, BITCOIN AND GEMS OR NEVER COME HERE AGAIN. YOU COULD OF TAKEN CRYPTO MAINSTREAM AND YOU WANKERS PASSED ON THE CHANCE FOR YOUR 5% FIAT CUT....ONE WORD........DISGRACEFUL.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:48:56 AM

I don't understand why a lot of people are afraid that paykey will take the spotlight from getgems. Paykey will be the catalyst to getgems mass adoption.

-tb-

Already answered.

Not really. Paykey for fiat and paykey for btc could also include the AE and pay out in gemz which would in turn united all the versions, but we dont know exactly how it will work. Hence the question if there is any link in these other versions to gemz.

The one thing we do know though is if paykey for fiat, paykey for btc, paykey for gemz all come out, have their own AE and there is no connection between them, Paykey for fiat wins. Daniel wins with his 0.5%. Getgems investors - you know the guys who put money and faith in this company are cast aside to play with their messaging app which no longer has a purpose.
To be fair we were warned something like this might happen in the purchase agreement, but I didnt think the very company we were supporting would be the culprits..

"Risk of Alternative Distributed Instant Messaging Software Application

Following the Pre-Sale it is possible that alternative distributed instant messaging mobile software applications could be established. These alternate distributed instant messaging software applications may or may not utilize the same open source code and open source protocol underlying the Gems Mobile Application. The Gems Mobile Application may compete with these alternative distributed instant messaging software applications, and this could negatively impact the development of the Gems Mobile Application and/or the success and viability of the Gems Mobile Application, resulting in little or no value for credits to purchase Services on the Gems Mobile Application."

Damn good find....bascially they knew this from the start....they knew from the start...anyone know a good lawyer? It's sickening to know all this time Daniels anti banking rants he actually ended up being worse than any bank in terms of crypto uptake. Any beta testers if you have a brain should abandon ship. Articles should be written how he side stepped the investors and brought his fiat payment system under the guise of crypto and funded by crypto investors. Scum is too good a word at this point. I just had my entire crypto wealth destroyed by this jerk as he got rich. I invested based on the principles you said you had. Clearly you don't hold them first chance the whiff of money comes along.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:02:23 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 02:23:01 AM by nextgencoin

PEOPLE. ALL HE HAS TO DO TO REDEEM IS ADD GEMZ AND BITCOIN AS A HIDDEN OPTION FOR PAYMENT IN A FIAT VERSION? HE WONT CAUSE HE SOLD OUT TO THE BANKS. DONT BELIEVE HE WILL BUILD BRIDGES TO CRYPTO LATER WHEN BANKS OWN THEIR TECH. GETGEMS HAS TO ONE NOT GIVE WHITE LABEL TECH AWAY AND TWO AS I SAID INCLUDE GEMZ AND BITCOIN AS SECONDARY PAYMENT OPTIONS?

ASK HIM WHY HE WONT?

IF HE WHITELABELS PAYKEY ITS OVER FOR GEMZ HOLDERS. AT LEAST UNDERSTAND THAT.  THERE IS NO BUILDING BRIDGES FOE GEMZ ONCE BANKS OWN THE TECH. THEY KNOW THAT.

BY THE WAY THE 375# PLACE HE KEEPS MENTIONING, WELL IT WENT TO LIKE 1000# A WEEK LATER.(the boost I expect was from Buffalo crowd....he fails to mention) WE DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET PAST 10,000 ON GOOGLE, THATS THE REALITY

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:25:28 AM

Thanks for the answers, Daniel. That is enough for me.

The only way i see this failing is when banks get AE too and people getting paid for viewing ads in fiat. Because then that will really be the killer of GETGEMS. but then again, being paid in fiat may not be so tempting since fiat's price doesn't rise like a cryptocurrency  Cool. Because there is still a lot of room and potential for GETGEMS' price to rise. so the banks have to pay quite a hefty tempting amount in fiat in order to attract customers/users away from GETGEMS.  Cool. Competition!

As of now, looking at it from a customer's/user's point of view, it is clear that GETGEMS App is the winner for the taking because there isn't any social messaging app that pays the social user. Inviting Friends and simply being an active user, and then soon, just simply viewing ads are simple enough to earn tons of GEMZ. Sure...the investors are losing out (potential wise, but the results still remains to be seen), but i haven't forgotten that i too am a social user =D. so i get best of both worlds.

There are some info that are still not being mentioned here btw, just FYI for those who are upset. So i am not too concerned with how things seems to be poorly performing *solely based* on the information gathered from this forum alone. If you want more info, maybe you can learn to be more *active* in the GETGEMS app and be in some groups. oh and may i remind you to be friendly too.

On another note, as an investor: whoever is trying to bring down the price, bring it!! i got my Buy Orders ready! whether the price falls or rises, im ready for both! On a side note, didn't anybody noticed that the price of GETGEMS fell to 91SAT on Bittrex the other day? i think its quite old news now. but the fact that nobody mention it, i thought i brought it up. that Mysterious Seller sold about 16000 GEMZ to bring the price down to 91SAT. dunno who did it but man...THANKS FOR THE GEMZ! OH and one more thing - looks like several people are trying to get 50-100k GEMZ on Poloniex. somewhere down below...like around the 3500SAT range.

CHEERS!

You're an idiot. This is an adult conversation, take your shitcoin mentality somewhere else. Why the hell do you think someone sold to 91 sats? Cause that what they are worth now...idiot. Some of us are large holders we can't just dump into 1 btc vol markets.....we have been screwed by Daniels lies and will lose real money, as he makes a fortune off our funding.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: