Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:08:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:37:18 AM

I'm in London now, will have time to answer questions tomorrow evening.
A lot of misinformation and trolling, hope to clear what I can.

Few quick points:
- Everyone should read the Gems purchase agreement + Koinify platform agreement. The sell, token, milestones etc were very clear and transparent.
- It was not possible to speak about PayKey publicly until we filed the USPTO patent on the technology (in the EU public information can't be patentable, in the US there is 1-year grace period).
- We're very much dedicated to deliver the last milestone and the AE vision.
- Today we understand that GetGems users are very different than the bitcoin "only" users and even more different than most regular fiat users. In order to grow faster with need to tailor our solution to the different markets.

But does Paykey benefit Getgems and if so how? That is the one unanswered question that is causing so many investors concern.

And again, if the answer is "no" would you consider using profits from Paykey to buy Gemz from the sell wall (which would benefit Gemz and in turn the GG app and in turn the Paykey corporation since it would hold a lot of gemz).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lawsonvl

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:37:51 AM

Few quick points:
- Everyone should read the Gems purchase agreement + Koinify platform agreement. The sell, token, milestones etc were very clear and transparent.
- It was not possible to speak about PayKey publicly until we filed the USPTO patent on the technology (in the EU public information can't be patentable, in the US there is 1-year grace period).
- Today we understand that GetGems users are very different than the bitcoin "only" users and even more different than most regular fiat users. In order to grow faster with need to tailor our solution to the different markets.

Daniel, your points don't actually answer anyone's questions.

I used to think you simply had bad communication. But after Paykey dropped, I'm seeing a pattern of deception.

You have every opportunity to prove me wrong.

veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:53:13 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 05:12:32 AM by veritasBS

Few quick points:

Daniel, It is not clear what your intentions are with PayKey or its interaction with GetGems. I am on the side of giving you the benefit of doubt until things are clear. I think what is clear from the reactions of the posters here is that the "Purchase Agreement" was not "clear and transparent". Was it an intentional deception to name your company "GetGems" and the app/token "GetGems"? Was it intentional that you held out info on the VC investment until after the token sale to disguise the fact that the tokens were not an investment in "GetGems"? No matter what the "Purchase Agreement" says, any attempt to confuse or disguise what the investment actually was will be interpreted as misleading investors. I am still very hopeful that GetGems (the app/token) is an integral part of PayKey and your plans moving forward. I am looking forward to the answers to our questions. Thank you.
eightnineten

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:29:09 AM

Few quick points:

But does Paykey benefit Getgems and if so how? That is the one unanswered question that is causing so many investors concern.

And again, if the answer is "no" would you consider using profits from Paykey to buy Gemz from the sell wall (which would benefit Gemz and in turn the GG app and in turn the Paykey corporation since it would hold a lot of gemz).

This is the same question I would like answered: Will profits from PayKey be used to buy Gemz from the sell wall?
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:20:11 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 06:34:22 AM by reRaise

Daniel, It is not clear what your intentions are with PayKey or its interaction with GetGems.

Its a key you use For instant transfers through space. Seriously after so many explanation you still don't know? Please tell me you are trolling.

Werent u the enotionally unstable guy that suddenly started to kick and delete the general discussion in the app? Vicvegas. No wonder getgems is aiming mainstream, this space is full of weirdos.
kunac

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:43:14 AM

So, it is clear that you didn't deliver anything. Milestones? You are using code from Telegram (what if they ban you) and who know which bitcoin wallet. I don't blame you, you was busy with PayKey and 'real' investor. Maybe you could copy AE too. As investor I will help you. There are finished Conetrparty mobile wallet for Android and iOS - you can find code here: https://github.com/IndieSquare/counterwallet
lawsonvl

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:04:28 AM

Here are my questions:

Was Paykey's secret development funded, in any amount, by money collected from the gemz sale?

Will Paykey provide the company with any potential revenue sources that are independent of the gemz token?

Will creating this new revenue source make the company any less financially reliant on gemz holding a value?

For clarity, please give a binary yes or no answer. You can add any additional comments afterwards.

Thank you.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:21:42 AM

Few quick points:

So Funny. Developer too busy picking up awards for scamming a million dollars out of investors. I've not seen anything like this in crypto, at least scammers have the decency to disappear.

The last sentence is the killer. I'll translate for those who haven't got it yet.

- Today we understand that GetGems users are very different than the bitcoin "only" users (Really? what changed? All that changed is stopped caring about the gemz token you got a million dollars for) and even more different than most regular fiat users (we will have a fiat banking app without bitcoin or gems). In order to grow faster (In order for us to make a ton of money from fiat payments we have to dump gemz token and Bitcoin and the whole vision we sold you guys when we got a million dollars off you) with need to tailor our solution to the different markets. (no really we are dumping the whole Bitcoin crypto thing from the masses, sorry and fuck you all I'm gonna be rich!!!!!!)

If any of you suckers think he cares about the masses using Bitcoin when he dropped it as an option from the banking Payment app that is geared for the masses then I don't think I can convince you lot anymore. Got to be funniest story I ever saw in this forum.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lawsonvl

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:31:09 AM

So, it is clear that you didn't deliver anything. Milestones? You are using code from Telegram (what if they ban you) and who know which bitcoin wallet. I don't blame you, you was busy with PayKey and 'real' investor. Maybe you could copy AE too.

All year I've been beta testing both platforms. Development has taken longer than I'd imagined, considering the app is built off of Telegram, and there are two teams working on this well-funded project.

I figured Daniel is probably just being fiscally conservative, and the result has been a slower pace of development.

Then we learn Paykey has been in development all along, consuming the company's resources so that it can ship before most of GG's standout features are even finished.

But nobody wants another Telegram app, or another basic wallet, or another altcoin. GG's merit is all about the final milestone -- the attention economy its supposed to launch.

People bought and hold gemz, and collect airdrops, in the hopes that the token will climb in value. Its value is ultimately tied to the success of the attention economy; thus, any deviation from achieving the AE is a huge concern.  

There's seemingly no direct relation between Paykey's success and an increased value for gemz. I am completely disinterested in Paykey, regardless. It has little to do with the project I funded. And with GG's dismal download count and tiny active user base, why would anyone be confident in Daniel's next scheme?
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:42:27 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 10:02:07 AM by fulcare

So, it is clear that you didn't deliver anything. Milestones? You are using code from Telegram (what if they ban you) and who know which bitcoin wallet. I don't blame you, you was busy with PayKey and 'real' investor. Maybe you could copy AE too.

All year I've been beta testing both platforms. Development has taken longer than I'd imagined, considering the app is built off of Telegram, and there are two teams working on this well-funded project.

I figured Daniel is probably just being fiscally conservative, and the result has been a slower pace of development.

Then we learn Paykey has been in development all along, consuming the company's resources so that it can ship before most of GG's standout features are even finished.

But nobody wants another Telegram app, or another basic wallet, or another altcoin. GG's merit is all about the final milestone -- the attention economy its supposed to launch.

People bought and hold gemz, and collect airdrops, in the hopes that the token will climb in value. Its value is ultimately tied to the success of the attention economy; thus, any deviation from achieving the AE is a huge concern.  

There's seemingly no direct relation between Paykey's success and an increased value for gemz. I am completely disinterested in Paykey, regardless. It has little to do with the project I funded. And with GG's dismal download count and tiny active user base, why would anyone be confident in Daniel's next scheme?

Because Paykey actually has some merit, I started to get interested again in getgems when I heard about it but it seems like Daniel did what he did before, a bait and switch. But what I think is Daniel has ruined the potential of the app, it's now a watered down product sprawling many apps, tell me one example where that works? PayPal with Telegram, PayPal with FB, Venmo with dogecoin etc etc. Anyway I'm tired of this conversation, enjoy watching Daniel get rich with your funding. Lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
reRaise

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:09:46 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 10:30:49 AM by reRaise

Because Paykey actually has some merit, I started to get interested again in getgems when I heard about it but it seems like Daniel did what he did before, a bait and switch. But what I think is Daniel has ruined the potential of the app, it's now a watered down product sprawling many apps, tell me one example where that works? PayPal with Telegram, PayPal with FB, Venmo with dogecoin etc etc. Anyway I'm tired of this conversation, enjoy watching Daniel get rich with your funding. Lol

Look at this guys post history, he is from a competitors camp and always waits for the right time to engage his intentionally inflammatory remarks bloating the thread and makes it difficult to find intelligent, constructive conversation. He fully ignores all the innovative milestones which got many people interested. This guy burns to see GG making it in the real world and when you criticise him where he can't handle it he will give you death threats.

Also paykey wont have different apps for every social platform, but you download 1 app and can use gems on every social platform. Crypto fags like him see getgems having a potential and dont want to see it succeed, good luck with that as 99% of its userbase will never see you pushing your silly agenda.

I also suggest for Daniel stopping to post here or just lock it, because it only attracts more trolls and its not like this thread will get in new users anyway, it's almost a downgrade for a potential project to have a thread in the ANN section where there are lots of scams and circlejerking. GetGems now has a desktop client, android and ios so those who have questions just can join that, imo you should just be more active in GG own channels instead of this toxic envirement.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:44:01 AM

on: November 29, 2014, 04:44:51 AM

8% for developer!!!  So the 3000btc isn't enough. Bye bye

on: May 28, 2015, 07:46:08 AM

I followed this coin from the beginning. Gems has not delivered. The plan was first to have both iOS and Android on their own software by June this year at latest. They switched to Telegram which means they didn't do any programming and still we are coming to June and still no real product. I think the truth is the advertising platform and airdrop is months and months away now. I think this coin has lost momentum, it won't do well. I am glad I sold my coins. They had half a million dollars to adapt a clone chat interface and didn't do it for nearly a year. Thats is a fail.

BUT STILL HERE?

ahh and wait... last 8 pages of your history are exclusive for gems....better change your socks once in a while  Roll Eyes

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:16:36 AM

Chill everyone. Daniel will will answer all our concerns tomorrow. He could have cleared things up earlier before things got out of hand here but whatever.
Oh and locking the thread means its over, from previous experience.
I believe the main issue is Paykey for Banks relation to Gemz
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 01:06:35 PM

Chill everyone. Daniel will will answer all our concerns tomorrow. He could have cleared things up earlier before things got out of hand here but whatever.
Oh and locking the thread means its over, from previous experience.
I believe the main issue is Paykey for Banks relation to Gemz

just to reinforce what fragout had said, that particular point in bold.
before we heard or knew anything about "White Label" or "Banks with PayKey", all of us, practically everyone was happy about GETGEMS with PayKey.
so lets focus on the words in bold above. nothing else.

Daniel himself said he will be providing answers (should be less than 24 hours from the time of my this post). so whatever it is, just hold back your statements and opinions.
i too am one of the Early Buyers and took part in the Crowdsale last year. so it is only fair that if the man says he is gonna explain:

then we shall give him that chance.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kunac

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:18:45 PM

What can Daniel answer? Where he will spend 2,633 BTC Smiley. On customizing Telegram of course. His app is so confusing; GetGems here, Telegram there... Desktop app? Please visit https://web.telegram.org/ and tell me where is the difference. Oh, sorry. Different color. The primary goal of GetGems as he said is to make it easy for millions of people to adopt bitcoin. There are no noob who can find bitcoin wallet inside GetGems app. Try. Give your phone to person next to you and you will see.
reRaise

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:57:41 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 02:22:12 PM by reRaise

What can Daniel answer? Where he will spend 2,633 BTC Smiley. On customizing Telegram of course. His app is so confusing; GetGems here, Telegram there... Desktop app? Please visit https://web.telegram.org/ and tell me where is the difference. Oh, sorry. Different color. The primary goal of GetGems as he said is to make it easy for millions of people to adopt bitcoin. There are no noob who can find bitcoin wallet inside GetGems app. Try. Give your phone to person next to you and you will see.

Atleast it has more users than that shitty nxt scam you are parading which nobody understands or uses, even a kid understands getgems, how dumb must you be not knowing how to use the most noob friendly crypto related app. 2600 btc is nothing, snapchat raised 1B, getgems only 1M and they have already made more progress in the outside world than all the shit coin alts combined. nxt promotion is a guy on youtube showing off his yellow lambo talking about nxt, its paphetic.

getgems desktop client is the first ever instant messenger for desktop where you can send money in the context of the conversation, you can do group payments, individual payments, instant tipping, no fees and instant with an in build wallet, tailored to the average person easy and understandable, not some complicated shitcoin like nxt with all the bells and whistles nobody gonna use.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:58:53 PM

Get someone to chat with you on GetGems, and send them some BTC. They WILL figure it out.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:59:48 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 07:31:34 PM by peled1986

But does Paykey benefit Getgems and if so how?

GetGems is wallet + social messenger. PayKey "for gems" is a wallet to pay within social messengers. Both will incorporate AE when we reach a critical mass of gems users to attract advertisers.

PayKey enables gems payments within any social network, initial version will be released very soon to beta testers.

Last month alone more than 10,000+ users joined the GetGems ecosystem and are now telling others. GetGems for the iOS App reached position #375 on US-Social Networking download chart on Oct 29, 2015 which is an amazing achievement without any outside paid marketing at all.

The mechanism that generated organic growth are the referral system + airdrop and the fact that each transaction has a link to download the app - since most of the transactions take place in group chats this unique technology is exposed more and more. PayKey enables to leverage the social graph of the biggest messenger and not "just" Telegram 65 million active users.

Most "pure" bitcoin users don't use GetGems, we can see this by the amount of users with gems only wallet compared to gems + bitcoin wallets. PayKey "for bitcoin" will attract the "pure" bitcoin users to our technology.  

PayKey "for fiat" + white label PayKey are aimed for mainstream users that are still "far away" from using crypto. It's not a secret that crypto education takes time and that there is a lot of work ahead, adding fiat capabilities and connecting with leading players in the financial industry will help grab users that would have previously been unapproachable, and in the future build the bridges back to blockchain technology.

Some of the biggest companies that are adapting to the market and adding fiat:
Circle: https://blog.circle.com/2015/09/22/us-dollar-payments-free-debit-cards-circle-app-updates/
Uphold: https://uphold.com/en/blog/posts/uphold/welcome-to-uphold-the-internet-of-money
ChangeTip: https://www.reddit.com/r/changetip/comments/3laybl/changetip_now_supports_usd_some_thoughts_about/ ("76% of people would not use ChangeTip because it was bitcoin")
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:26:48 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 07:17:45 PM by peled1986

I think what is clear from the reactions of the posters here is that the "Purchase Agreement" was not "clear and transparent". Was it an intentional deception to name your company "GetGems" and the app/token "GetGems"? Was it intentional that you held out info on the VC investment until after the token sale to disguise the fact that the tokens were not an investment in "GetGems"? No matter what the "Purchase Agreement" says, any attempt to confuse or disguise what the investment actually was will be interpreted as misleading investors. I am still very hopeful that GetGems (the app/token) is an integral part of PayKey and your plans moving forward. I am looking forward to the answers to our questions. Thank you.

The purchase agreement was very clear and transparent: https://docs.google.com/a/getgems.org/document/d/143O1MT4zlcdjaLhkyNerXiQwXdwu8HBloZ8N1x36vcM/edit?usp=sharing

The agreement with Koinify was also very clear: we need to reach development milestones to receive funds.

Was it intentional that you held out info on the VC investment until after the token sale to disguise the fact that the tokens were not an investment in "GetGems"?
MagmaVC reached out to us on December 30th, 2014 and the seed round was closed on January 4th, 2015. Information was public January 5th http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-messenger-app-getgems-raises-400k-waze-investor/ (before the end of the sale).
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:44:24 PM

I don't understand why a lot of people are afraid that paykey will take the spotlight from getgems.  Paykey will be the catalyst to getgems mass adoption.

-tb-

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: