Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:07:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:57:28 PM

Anyone able to explain what this clef app is, what it does and how to use it.
Clef is also used by WordPress and indeed the best 2FA solution I have seen so far.

I was thinking a more practical explaination how I will use it in this instance. Where does the use of the app come in if I'm requesting a withdrawl anyway to Koinify? Using the app means I don't need to make a request?

Asking to use an app almost no average person has ever used is kind of annoying.

I will upload a walk through video this afternoon, but you install Clef and sync it to your Koinify wallet, then you only have to verify when you're requesting a withdrawal.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:02:26 PM

Clef is also used by WordPress and indeed the best 2FA solution I have seen so far.

I was thinking a more practical explaination how I will use it in this instance. Where does the use of the app come in if I'm requesting a withdrawl anyway to Koinify? Using the app means I don't need to make a request?

Asking to use an app almost no average person has ever used is kind of annoying.

I will upload a walk through video this afternoon, but you install Clef and sync it to your Koinify wallet, then you only have to verify when you're requesting a withdrawal.

Ok great, I'll look into it. I just don't get who is actually being verified here. I'm downloading an app to prove to myself I am who I say I am? If someone hacks my Koinofy wallet then they just don't use the app as you said it's optional. I'm clearly missing something here.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:03:43 PM

so the app is telegram ?  Huh Huh Huh

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 08:15:48 PM

It's two factor authentication, as explained in the post. What are you having difficulty understanding? If you want to enable 2FA, download the app on iOS or Android, and pair it with your Koinify wallet when you go to withdraw. 2FA is also optional.

I have to say that I tried Clef and it is not easy for me: getting past "Connect Clef account" so far been a pain. According to Clef, I'm logged but I still get asked to connect my Clef account. Is there any way to make your 2FA optional?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:23:08 PM

so the app is telegram ?  Huh Huh Huh

no its telegram&whatsapp on steroids
TomKoinify

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:26:22 PM

It's two factor authentication, as explained in the post. What are you having difficulty understanding? If you want to enable 2FA, download the app on iOS or Android, and pair it with your Koinify wallet when you go to withdraw. 2FA is also optional.

I have to say that I tried Clef and it is not easy for me: getting past "Connect Clef account" so far been a pain. According to Clef, I'm logged but I still get asked to connect my Clef account. Is there any way to make your 2FA optional?

2FA is completely optional, just do not use it if you do not wish.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 08:43:09 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 11:12:09 PM by Nxtblg

I tried, that, but all that happens is that the same "Setup Two-Factor Authorization" popup appears once again. Whether I click the "Don't remind me again" checkbox or not, I stay stuck there after my withdrawal request is finished "Loading..." . It seems to be an infinite loop.

EDIT: Works in Chrome. The issue I have seems to be specific to Internet Explorer.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

TomKoinify

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:45:05 PM

I tried, that, but all that happens is that the same "Setup Two-Factor Authorization" popup appears once again. Whether I click the "Don't remind me again" checkbox or not, I stay stuck there after my withdrawal request is finished "Loading..." . It seems to be an infinite loop.

Mind PMing me your e-mail? We'll check your account right now.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 08:50:00 PM

Mind PMing me your e-mail? We'll check your account right now.

Okay, sent. I suppose this is 2FA of a sort. Smiley

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 08:51:16 PM

And while I'm here: I set up a Counterparty web wallet for my GEMZ. How do I send some GEMZ to the app wallet? How do I get its address? Thanks. Smiley

Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:18:53 PM

So are the withdrawals going through now?
TomKoinify

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 09:20:32 PM

We're loading our balances with more BTC to over tx fees (more withdrawal request than we expected!) expect them to be processed very soon.

If you have NOT confirmed via e-mail, please do so. We have quite a few requests with no confirmation 'YES' from the users.
RusBoy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:10:49 PM

Guess so, my test deposit to alts.trade just arrived
So are the withdrawals going through now?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:45:06 PM

We're loading our balances with more BTC to over tx fees (more withdrawal request than we expected!) expect them to be processed very soon.

If you have NOT confirmed via e-mail, please do so. We have quite a few requests with no confirmation 'YES' from the users.

Perhaps cause the email says... send NO if you didn't request this. It doesn't say send YES if you did.

I replied YES anyway.

Wouldn't it make sense to require a YES reply or no coin is sent?
Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:47:19 PM

Perhaps cause the email says... send NO if you didn't request this. It doesn't say send YES if you did.

I replied YES anyway.

It did say to reply YES in the email I received.
TomKoinify

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:47:43 PM

I replied YES anyway.

That's how it is....you send NO if you did not request it, and you send YES if you did to be approved. It's to prevent hi-jacking of accounts, if your account gets compromised and a withdrawal request is submitted, you need to verify with your email as well. This makes it one step more diffuclut as the hi-jacker would now need access to your email account as well. We're checking now for everybody's template.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:50:42 PM

I replied YES anyway.

That's how it is....you send NO if you did not request it, and you send YES if you did to be approved. It's to prevent hi-jacking of accounts, if your account gets compromised and a withdrawal request is submitted, you need to verify with your email as well. This makes it one step more diffuclut as the hi-jacker would now need access to your email account as well. We're checking now for everybody's template.

Um, not the way I read that it is currently, if you don't receive a reply after 24 hours you consider that a confirmation.

I feel that is backwards and no reply should be considered a denial. But, it is your service.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:53:00 PM

I replied YES anyway.

It did say to reply YES in the email I received.

Maybe they changed it, or they have different messages going out. This is what I received about an hour ago:

(addy and amount obfuscated by me)

---

We received a sending request of XXXXXXX.0 GEMZ to following address: 1PrtAAAAAAAccf5pQR2heSuw5BMNJJTKcg.

If this was not you, please reply 'NO' to cancel the request. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours, the sending request will be processed automatically.

---

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:03:50 PM

I replied YES anyway.

Um, not the way I read that it is currently, if you don't receive a reply after 24 hours you consider that a confirmation.

I feel that is backwards and no reply should be considered a denial. But, it is your service.

You are asking for a withdrawal request, koinify assumes you want to withdraw and give you 24 hours to confirm, if you don't want to withdraw then why would you request it in the first place?

Sigh. What if I didn't request it?

The point of the request is to CONFIRM that it was a valid request from the account holder.

If someone hacks into my konify account and requests withdrawal, they send an email and assume I will see it within 24 hours. I'm just saying, defaulting to assuming the person that owns the account will actually see it and reply no within 24 hours isn't the most secure confirmation method.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:06:25 PM

We received a sending request of XXXXXXX.0 GEMZ to following address: 1PrtAAAAAAAccf5pQR2heSuw5BMNJJTKcg.

If this was not you, please reply 'NO' to cancel the request. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours, the sending request will be processed automatically.

How did you get past the 2FA pop-up when you submitted your request?

I pressed the SKIP button/link.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: