Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
bitdraw

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:36:27 AM

i have asked before, but i didnt really get an answer..

how can i extract my private key from the gemz android app?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcboxltd

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:55:20 AM

i think gems has no private key stored only secret phrase.

if you want to know priavte key, you can generate it as this.

you can put secret phrase to counterwallet.io
so you can see how it is as is.

then you click your address and show private key button.

bitdraw

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:33:20 PM

i think gems has no private key stored only secret phrase.

if you want to know priavte key, you can generate it as this.

you can put secret phrase to counterwallet.io
so you can see how it is as is.

then you click your address and show private key button.

ah okey, didnt know i can just use counterwallet with the same passphrase that is used inside the app.. thanks!
tyk97

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:03:29 PM

Wouldn't there be conflict of interest between GEMZ holders and Magma in future?  
How so? Magma gets an ownership stake in the Getgems company, which will get revenue from a cut of the advertisisng on the Gems network. At least presumably, the company won't pull in a lot of revenue unless GEMZ are bought by advertisers to advertise on the network. Advertisers have to buy GEMZ to advertise anything on the network.
What possible conflict of interest do you see?

Ventures company like Magma are not interested into revenues or dividends but by the potential resell value of their part to much bigger company like Google and Facebook.

I really hope Daniel and his team never sell to a Google or FB however much money is offered to them.

you must exit if you have invested by VC.
company's goal is maximize a profit that might come from user's activity.
that conflict itself as FB, twitter, or other SNS.
if the company invested by VC, they bring the same problems to community.

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:12:21 PM

Wouldn't there be conflict of interest between GEMZ holders and Magma in future?  
How so? Magma gets an ownership stake in the Getgems company, which will get revenue from a cut of the advertisisng on the Gems network. At least presumably, the company won't pull in a lot of revenue unless GEMZ are bought by advertisers to advertise on the network. Advertisers have to buy GEMZ to advertise anything on the network.
What possible conflict of interest do you see?

Ventures company like Magma are not interested into revenues or dividends but by the potential resell value of their part to much bigger company like Google and Facebook.

I really hope Daniel and his team never sell to a Google or FB however much money is offered to them.

you must exit if you have invested by VC.
company's goal is maximize a profit that might come from user's activity.
that conflict itself as FB, twitter, or other SNS.
if the company invested by VC, they bring the same problems to community.

oh, I wish gems will be bought by google or fb. Imagine, those players owning a btc/crypto app.... that would be the breakthrough for all crypto...

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:02:50 PM

Suggestion for the first page of this thread:
Use the official "available on Google Play" logo and you know make it sort of something like this:

That way its immediately clear that the app is available right now!
Its also made immediately clear that there is an image that people know and are familiar with.

Rather than searching on Google play for gems/gemz and not finding anything and then having to go through the whole front page and see the "app available now" section.

Just think it would be good to make it more accessible and more obvious where/how to get the app.

Thanks.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:09:29 PM

Use the official "available on Google Play" logo and you know make it sort of something like this:

Its also made immediately clear that there is an image that people know and are familiar with.

Rather than searching on Google play for gems/gemz and not finding anything and then having to go through the whole front page and see the "app available now" section.

Just think it would be good to make it more accessible and more obvious where/how to get the app.

Thanks.

I agree. I also wonder if the wording for the app could better reflect what it is. The crypto currency element is hidden in the last line. I would say a focus on getting coins/money as a reward should be cleverer. Maybe you have to careful about pushing a crypto currency, I dunno, but it just looks like another messenger app to me.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:14:29 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 03:34:32 PM by Netnox

Thanks.

I agree. I also wonder if the wording for the app could better reflect what it is. The crypto currency element is hidden in the last line. I would say a focus on getting coins/money as a reward should be cleverer. Maybe you have to careful about pushing a crypto currency, I dunno, but it just looks like another messenger app to me.

Good point, the fact that it pays users to operate within the network is much bigger than it being fun and simple which mean that it should be highlighted more boldly in the description, preferably in the first line. It says 'Rewarding. Earn coins for introducing new users to the network' but coins can be interpreted differently. It should be 'get paid' or something similar.

I edited the dutch section. The Google play download logo should just be on the top of the page.
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:37:26 PM

Thanks.

Good point, the fact that it pays users to operate within the network is much bigger than it being fun and simple which mean that it should be highlighted more boldly in the description, preferably in the first line. It says 'Rewarding. Earn coins for introducing new users to the network' but coins can be interpreted differently. It should be money/get paid or something similar. People should know they get value in return, coin doesn't really reflect that imo.

I edited the dutch section. The Google play download logo should just be on the top of the page.

I forgot to add in my original post that this is also the case of the official website (getgems.org); there is no android logo anywhere and the website has still not been updated to reflect recent events.

I also found the section on the official website regarding the wallet extremely confusing; I eventually figured out it uses counterwallet for storage of coins. This is great, except that it is information that is not conveyed in an effective manner.

Again, these are just the thoughts of someone who is new to GEMZ--but I really think there needs to be better work on the communication. I don't believe I'm asking a lot, just at least put the available on android logo on the thread and official website--no one wants to read 5000 pages of boring mumbo jumbo when they hear the term "android app" and see screenshots, the first thing they want to do is download/install the app.

Also as another note the app doesn't make it immediately clear what your wallet address is--I think it'd be much better if it showed the address in text and we could then click to copy; hiding the address makes it seem like there is some extra hoop to jump to find it.

The wallet should really say something like "wallet on PC via counterwallet.io"; this way its clear to users who don't want to read mumbo jumbo how they can access their account from anywhere.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 04:11:58 PM

Thanks.

Good point, the fact that it pays users to operate within the network is much bigger than it being fun and simple which mean that it should be highlighted more boldly in the description, preferably in the first line. It says 'Rewarding. Earn coins for introducing new users to the network' but coins can be interpreted differently. It should be money/get paid or something similar. People should know they get value in return, coin doesn't really reflect that imo.

I forgot to add in my original post that this is also the case of the official website (getgems.org); there is no android logo anywhere and the website has still not been updated to reflect recent events.

I also found the section on the official website regarding the wallet extremely confusing; I eventually figured out it uses counterwallet for storage of coins. This is great, except that it is information that is not conveyed in an effective manner.

Again, these are just the thoughts of someone who is new to GEMZ--but I really think there needs to be better work on the communication. I don't believe I'm asking a lot, just at least put the available on android logo on the thread and official website--no one wants to read 5000 pages of boring mumbo jumbo when they hear the term "android app" and see screenshots, the first thing they want to do is download/install the app.

Also as another note the app doesn't make it immediately clear what your wallet address is--I think it'd be much better if it showed the address in text and we could then click to copy; hiding the address makes it seem like there is some extra hoop to jump to find it.

The wallet should really say something like "wallet on PC via counterwallet.io"; this way its clear to users who don't want to read mumbo jumbo how they can access their account from anywhere.

Besides showing the address i agree with everything you said i will forward these post to them via Twitter. If you long tap in the wallet section it automatically saves your address, showing long strokes of digits and letters imo is too much. but i agree on the counterwallet option and the rest you said.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:05:30 PM

I've just found BTER has a daily withdraw limit of 1000 GEMZ!!! which is like $20.

Anyone else found this? I gave them a message to change it, I assume its simply a mistake.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:05:55 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 09:46:56 PM by amytheplanarshift

Can anyone tell me how to withdraw GEMZ from Poloniex to my GetGems app? I've copied what it says to be my GEMZ address from the app, but when I used that to withdraw from Poloniex it just says "COMPLETE: ERROR" for the status and they've credited my GEMZ back to my Poloniex account as if the withdrawal did not work for some reason.

What is the correct method for loading GEMZ into the app?

EDIT: Actually, they did NOT credit those GEMZ back into my Poloniex account (yet) and they still do not show up in my GEMZ wallet in the app. Fun!

EDIT 2: Issue was resolved. Just something weird with Poloniex's withdrawal system I think. GEMZ are sitting in my app now.

A question though, where does the GEMZ/BTC conversion calculation come from? I have 24,000 GEMZ and it says that is only 0.000156 BTC but it should be much more than that.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Yuri.

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:07:52 AM

A question though, where does the GEMZ/BTC conversion calculation come from? I have 24,000 GEMZ and it says that is only 0.000156 BTC but it should be much more than that.
That's not a conversion, it's how many btc you have. To be able to send gems, you must have btc, the transaction fee of counterparty, and derived assets, is in btc because it uses the bitcoin blockchain.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:19:23 AM

That's not a conversion, it's how many btc you have. To be able to send gems, you must have btc, the transaction fee of counterparty, and derived assets, is in btc because it uses the bitcoin blockchain.

Oh I see. Well does it add some automatically for sending GEMZ to your address? Because I have not added any and I do have that much.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:24:22 AM

The thread has been very active, we have caught up reading everything and truly appreciate the members that are taking the time to answer questions!

We will publish a Q&A document regarding common questions that have not been answered yet.

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 01:55:25 AM

The thread has been very active, we have caught up reading everything and truly appreciate the members that are taking the time to answer questions!

We will publish a Q&A document regarding common questions that have not been answered yet.

Do we have #irc channel?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Yuri.

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:59:19 AM

Oh I see. Well does it add some automatically for sending GEMZ to your address? Because I have not added any and I do have that much.
Yes, but the amount you got is not sufficent to cover for any trasactions, so basically you have to send more btc to this wallet to be able to send GEMZ out, I think it requires 0.0005 btc to be in the wallet but it doesn't use this full amount per transaction.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:41:19 AM

Yes, but the amount you got is not sufficent to cover for any trasactions, so basically you have to send more btc to this wallet to be able to send GEMZ out, I think it requires 0.0005 btc to be in the wallet but it doesn't use this full amount per transaction.

Ah okay. Does this not seem like a pretty big issue to anyone else? Newbies to crypto who are introduced to it through the messenger won't even be able to use it unless they load BTC into their wallet, which kind of defeats the point in my opinion. I was trying to send some GEMZ to two friends who I got to get the app who do not currently use cryptocurrency, but I was unable to (presumably because I did not have enough BTC for a transaction). But even if I had been able to, they would just have some useless GEMZ in their wallets that they cannot use unless they somehow get some BTC, if I am understanding you correctly. I think this is not very intuitive.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:48:45 AM

Ah okay. Does this not seem like a pretty big issue to anyone else? Newbies to crypto who are introduced to it through the messenger won't even be able to use it unless they load BTC into their wallet, which kind of defeats the point in my opinion. I was trying to send some GEMZ to two friends who I got to get the app who do not currently use cryptocurrency, but I was unable to (presumably because I did not have enough BTC for a transaction). But even if I had been able to, they would just have some useless GEMZ in their wallets that they cannot use unless they somehow get some BTC, if I am understanding you correctly. I think this is not very intuitive.

We agree, therefore our plan is that GEMZ will be settled offline through the GetGems internal hosted wallet. This is a hybrid semi centralized database system meant for smaller balances and to allow for speed, security and zero transaction fees. GEMZ will be able to withdrawn to any external counterparty wallet which will be processed using our secure counterparty gateway server.

The hybrid solution is good for the "Airdrop" and for new users while not taking from the security of users that want to have their GEMZ only on-chain.
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:52:35 AM

We agree, therefore our plan is that GEMZ will be settled offline through the GetGems internal hosted wallet. This is a hybrid semi centralized database system meant for smaller balances and to allow for speed, security and zero transaction fees. GEMZ will be able to withdrawn to any external counterparty wallet which will be processed using our secure counterparty gateway server.

The hybrid solution is good for the "Airdrop" and for new users while not taking from the security of users that want to have their GEMZ only on-chain.

This sounds like a much better solution. Good to know that is in the pipeline. I assume this will be coming in an update sometime down the road? Any idea of a timeframe? I'd probably rather wait to send GEMZ to friends until this happens so that they are not put off by it from not being able to actually use them. First impressions are very important for people who have no prior crypto experience.

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: